Loading...
Next Match: Image
Crystal Palace in the Premier League.
Saturday 24th August 2019, KO 15:00 BST.
User avatar
Relly
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 6454
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:41 am

New Style Transfer Window

Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:16 pm

I propose that football institutes a new transfer window. July 1-2, and that's it. Most of the big clubs and big players do sod all until 48 hours before the window closes, then all hell breaks loose. Players moving all over the place and showing up 5 mins before the season starts, in England, 3 weeks after everywhere else.

What is the point of this long period where nothing happens, just for all these surprise moves to spring up right at the end? Do it for a couple days, before training starts and then everyone's team is ready to train together for the new season.


"Make America Great Again!"

Ole
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain
Posts: 3748
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:41 pm

Re: New Style Transfer Window

Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:16 pm

The transfer window closes tomorrow. The Premier League clubs agreed last year.

I take your point though. I thought it was just us who were a shambles but to be fair, I'm not sure it's limited to just us.



User avatar
Relly
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 6454
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:41 am

Re: New Style Transfer Window

Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:51 pm

Ole wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:16 pm
The transfer window closes tomorrow. The Premier League clubs agreed last year.

I take your point though. I thought it was just us who were a shambles but to be fair, I'm not sure it's limited to just us.
I am just saying, football world in general does most of it's business in the last couple days. Seems like a lot of flexing for a couple months and then everyone panics at the last minute because none of that shit worked.


"Make America Great Again!"

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 6498
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:15 am

Re: New Style Transfer Window

Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:09 am

You want a 2 day window? I don't think that would work.

I 100% agree with you the current system is flawed and needs a serious overhaul.
Teams don't do anything months on end, and the day before go crazy.
Players who have had all summer to move but request a transfer the day before it closes (or even after it closes) so their teams can't replace them.

And the logic behind teams voting to close the English window early while leaving your players available to sell is just fornicate laughable

I think the window should be a July only event for all clubs in Europe. You have 30 days to get your shit together, if you fornicate around and dwindle, you lose out


"Beckham... into Sheringham... and Solskjær has won it!"

Dante
Referee
Referee
Posts: 9002
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 5:16 pm

Re: New Style Transfer Window

Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:54 am

The current transfer window is a fornicate joke to be fair.


Image

User avatar
Relly
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 6454
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:41 am

Re: New Style Transfer Window

Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:19 pm

Sandies wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:09 am
You want a 2 day window? I don't think that would work.

I 100% agree with you the current system is flawed and needs a serious overhaul.
Teams don't do anything months on end, and the day before go crazy.
Players who have had all summer to move but request a transfer the day before it closes (or even after it closes) so their teams can't replace them.

And the logic behind teams voting to close the English window early while leaving your players available to sell is just fornicate laughable

I think the window should be a July only event for all clubs in Europe. You have 30 days to get your shit together, if you fornicate around and dwindle, you lose out
It was half a joke, but I just hate the fact that nobody does anything all summer and then they all panic in the last couple days, and half the time there isn't time to complete the move they finally decide on. But who knows, maybe clubs do it on purpose so they can say, hey we tried to sign Dybala and Fernandes but ran out of time.


"Make America Great Again!"

User avatar
raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player
Posts: 727
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:03 pm

Re: New Style Transfer Window

Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:00 pm

Relly wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:19 pm
Sandies wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:09 am
You want a 2 day window? I don't think that would work.

I 100% agree with you the current system is flawed and needs a serious overhaul.
Teams don't do anything months on end, and the day before go crazy.
Players who have had all summer to move but request a transfer the day before it closes (or even after it closes) so their teams can't replace them.

And the logic behind teams voting to close the English window early while leaving your players available to sell is just fornicate laughable

I think the window should be a July only event for all clubs in Europe. You have 30 days to get your shit together, if you fornicate around and dwindle, you lose out
It was half a joke, but I just hate the fact that nobody does anything all summer and then they all panic in the last couple days, and half the time there isn't time to complete the move they finally decide on. But who knows, maybe clubs do it on purpose so they can say, hey we tried to sign Dybala and Fernandes but ran out of time.
Now finally you are thinking like a Glazer

the current joke in Manchester is that Matt Judge is in a supermarket trying to buy a pint of milk at 2003 prices as there is currently no commercial value in a pint of milk so he can't see why it has increased in price
Also do you think Ed Woodward is trying to get a last minute deal for a player or a new sponsor over the line?
Which do you think his priority is?



User avatar
Sigmar
Reserve
Reserve
Posts: 472
Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:36 pm

Re: New Style Transfer Window

Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:33 pm

Relly wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:19 pm
Sandies wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:09 am
You want a 2 day window? I don't think that would work.

I 100% agree with you the current system is flawed and needs a serious overhaul.
Teams don't do anything months on end, and the day before go crazy.
Players who have had all summer to move but request a transfer the day before it closes (or even after it closes) so their teams can't replace them.

And the logic behind teams voting to close the English window early while leaving your players available to sell is just fornicate laughable

I think the window should be a July only event for all clubs in Europe. You have 30 days to get your shit together, if you fornicate around and dwindle, you lose out
It was half a joke, but I just hate the fact that nobody does anything all summer and then they all panic in the last couple days, and half the time there isn't time to complete the move they finally decide on. But who knows, maybe clubs do it on purpose so they can say, hey we tried to sign Dybala and Fernandes but ran out of time.
Most teams get who they want early on, even before the window opens, Hazard to Real is an instance.
The rest is done by putting feelers out, talking to friends of players searching to see if anyone is unhappy or looking for a move. Teams also leak targets to the press and then gauge the reaction of the team and player in question, this all takes time and persistence.

I'd like to see it revert back to the way it was, the way we bought Cantona and Hughes, this two window system inflates prices and feeds players ego, teams can no longer use the transfer list as a 'threat' to players voicing discontent or peforming poorly.


Life is what you have to put up with when you are not dead

Dante
Referee
Referee
Posts: 9002
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 5:16 pm

Re: New Style Transfer Window

Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:23 pm

The transfer window should open at random. Every morning, someone at FIFA rolls a D20.

"3? No transfer window today."

"16! Tell everyone they have 24 hours."


Image

User avatar
Relly
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 6454
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:41 am

Re: New Style Transfer Window

Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:23 pm

Just to prove my point, whether or not you think it would have been a good deal, apparently right after agreeing the Lukaku sale we then lodged a bid for Mandzukic. This was the night before deadline day, he said he needed the night to sleep on it, then the next day decided against the move, said it felt like a move of desperation and had the move come up earlier he would have been more open.


"Make America Great Again!"

Return to “General Football”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users