Next Match: Image
Everton in the Premier League.
Sunday 15th December 2019, KO 14:00 UTC.
raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player

Re: Politics thread

Fri Aug 02, 2019 4:55 pm

i have just stumbled across the twitter account of George Conway.
his tweets and retweets has had me in stitches

examples
Tweet by Trump
"Chairman Kim has a great and beautiful vision for his country,and only the United States,and me as President can make that vision come true.He will do the right thing because he is far too smart not to and he does not want to disappoint his friend President Trump"

Tweet about Trump who believes that the collapse of the Soviet Union was actually nothing more than a rebranding exercise
Trump "Remember the Soviet Union?When it was all together.Before they decided "we have to call ourselves Russia"

Trump by George Conway
"My favourite quote by Mueller is "if we had the confidence that the president did not commit a crime we would have said so"

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:24 pm

raycreative wrote:

examples
Tweet by Trump
"Chairman Kim has a great and beautiful vision for his country,and only the United States,and me as President can make that vision come true.He will do the right thing because he is far too smart not to and he does not want to disappoint his friend President Trump"

Tweet about Trump who believes that the collapse of the Soviet Union was actually nothing more than a rebranding exercise
Trump "Remember the Soviet Union?When it was all together.Before they decided "we have to call ourselves Russia"

Trump by George Conway
"My favourite quote by Mueller is "if we had the confidence that the president did not commit a crime we would have said so"
And if he would have committed a crime they would have charged him.

"Make America Great Again!"

RED3bution
Supporter
Supporter

Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:35 pm

Relly wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:05 pm
RED3bution wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:09 am
Relly wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:13 pm

He was the NYC police commissioner at the time. Does it really matter where facts come from if they are facts?
Well it shouldn't, if the fact is discovered say by accident or in some unprovoked manner.

But in this case, because it is supposedly an interview being used to bolster another person's account, Kerik's credibility has been fully thrust upon his police career (NY Police chief) without disclosing, I assume, his corruption during that time especially with regards to events surrounding 911. He was convicted and jailed for that crime but his credibility has been injured and should not be thrown in the face of discerning readers.

They might as well have gone for Guiliani, the mayor of New York at that time who MADE Kerik. He would be relatively more credible and that's not saying much for Guilliani who seems to have bet on his retirement with all his reputation chips.

Don't get me wrong, the facts may or may not be overturned, but the motivation is very suspect and I hope you'd agree.
He was charged with tax fraud, for something that has nothing to do with 9/11 and was years after. While I don't condone that behavior, he was a respected, decorated police officer for years.

And you keep throwing around Guiliani like is some sort of villain. Guiliani took New York from a crime infested, very dangerous place and made it a liveable city and made it safe for tourists again. The transformation was remarkable. After 9/11 he was widely praised, by all sides, for his handling of the situation. He was touted as presidential candidate then and had Bush been finishing his second term instead of first Guilliani would probably have easily won.
https://www.nytimes.com/2010/02/19/nyre ... kerik.html

"You crossed the line first, sir. You squeezed them, you hammered them to the point of desperation. And in their desperation, they turned to a man they didn't fully understand." -The Dark Knight

RED3bution
Supporter
Supporter

Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:37 pm

Relly wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:24 pm
raycreative wrote:

examples
Tweet by Trump

Trump by George Conway
And if he would have committed a crime they would have charged him.
The department of Justice cannot charge a sitting president....carry on.

"You crossed the line first, sir. You squeezed them, you hammered them to the point of desperation. And in their desperation, they turned to a man they didn't fully understand." -The Dark Knight

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

Sat Aug 03, 2019 2:06 am

Imagine celebrating someone getting robbed

Biggest case of small man syndrome history has ever seen. Bar none

"Beckham... into Sheringham... and Solskjær has won it!"

RED3bution
Supporter
Supporter

Sat Aug 03, 2019 3:35 am

Let's not get too carried away. Trump is a human being, and a despicable human being at that. And his supporters unfortunately have made a Faustian bargain, to rent their confidence to someone so fragile, insufficient on a public level that it starts to affect even institutions. Everything about this guy is volatile, no substance, no depth and the surface, which he makes up for with vastness is akin to golden turd. It is still a turd. So much wasted and so much yet to waste. Ladies and gentlemen, the Trump era.

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

Sun Aug 04, 2019 2:59 pm

Almost losing count at the amount of terrorists that have sighted Donny as their inspiration

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:49 pm

Sandies wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 2:59 pm
Almost losing count at the amount of terrorists that have sighted Donny as their inspiration
You're a sick man. The bodies aren't even cold and your are already using them for political gain.

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:07 pm

lol get the fornicate over yourself, the most stock standard response since "thoughts and prayers"

Legit one of these happening a day and still the absolute refusal to talk about gun control or background checks.

Claim to have respect for the bodies yet willing to do absolutely nothing and stop the next one happening, and the next, and the next.

If its too soon for these ones, maybe now we can start talking about Virginia Beach, 12
Aurora, or Thousand Oaks or Pittsburgh or Annapolis, or Santa Fe, Tx or Parkland, or Sutherland Springs or Las Vegas or Orlando or Ft. Lauderdale or Burlington, Wash or Sandy Hook.

If you still can't admit theres any issues that needs fixing, you're beyond help

RedSte
Reserve Team Coach
Reserve Team Coach

Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:34 pm

My old man said be a City fan...

Nothing significant and lasting will ever come of FFP! - RedSte (2012)

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:22 pm

RedSte wrote:
Thoughts and prayers don't seem to be working.

Ole
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain

Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:31 pm

RedSte wrote:

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:13 am

Ole wrote:
Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:31 pm
RedSte wrote:

Well, Donny jnr waits for you to fall asleep, and then "hunts" you for sport

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:10 am

Like imagine not looking at these weekly shootings and thinking something needs to be done. Imagine being okay with it.
Imagine not wanting to implement gun reforms, background check, or try anything, anything to try stop these mass shooting.

Imagine pretending to care and be outraged over the deceased while also arguing we shouldn't do anything to stop the next one. If something had been done the last time, these bodies wouldn't be dead.

Imagine going to a Trump rally and shouting shoot the terrorists but not wanting to do anything about stopping white supremists who are statically, the much bigger threat

Now, you might be able to argue Trump isn't the racist, he doesn't actually say shoot the Hispanics and muslims, and doesn't actually say any of this,

However, if these shooters are naming HIM as their inspiration, then surely you should realise there is some problem? If you cared that much about what was going on, wouldn't a decent person realise there some issue that the president and his puppets at Fox are presenting to these psychopaths and re-examine what it is that is inciting this hatred?

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:11 pm

This was like an hour after the "Toledo" shooting

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:43 am

Lets play the anything but guns blame game

We have video games

Lack of prayer

and basically everything other than guns

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:34 am

Spoiler: This was not taken in 1930

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:57 pm

Sandies wrote:

We have video games

Lack of prayer

Guns are a tool, they didn't make this people do what they did. The decision to kill always comes before the decision to use a gun. And while I don't in general blame video games, I think the underlying message in most of these tweets are not far off, although not articulated well. I have no issues with gay marriage, but most of the other stuff that women said is true.

I am an atheist, but it is the breakdown of the family and the loss of the meaning in life as society moves away from religion that are the major contributing factors to all this stuff.

The ideal environment for raising kids is both parents, intact marriage. Now I am not saying a single mother, single father, or gay/lesbian couple can't do it successfully, but the odds are nowhere near as likely. Men and women bring different elements to raising kids, mothers are nurturing and caring and fathers teach structure and discipline. If a kid is raised without either of those figures there will be something missing. As well, again as an atheist, this loss of a moral compass, the loss of community, the loss of shared values, the loss of support that comes from the dissolving of religion has left a hole in the lives of a lot of people, that is often then filled with something less healthy, like a white supremacist ideology or joining Antifa, climate change hysteria, joining a gang, etc, etc.

Now I think those things are the basis of a vast majority of the problems facing our current society. Now you factor in glorified violence, through movies, music and video games, you throw in a society that drugs up kids mostly just because they are acting like kids, then you throw in a media that likes to make these vile people into celebrities and you get an increase in mass shootings.

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:01 pm

Sandies wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:34 am

Spoiler: This was not taken in 1930
It's bad optics because the cops are on a horse and the suspect is black, but what do you expect them to do with this man that was arrested for breaking a law? This was a trained technique used by this department, do you think they should have let this known criminal loose because they weren't in a squad car?

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:29 am

Relly wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:57 pm
Sandies wrote:

We have video games

Lack of prayer

Guns are a tool, they didn't make this people do what they did. The decision to kill always comes before the decision to use a gun. And while I don't in general blame video games, I think the underlying message in most of these tweets are not far off, although not articulated well. I have no issues with gay marriage, but most of the other stuff that women said is true.

I am an atheist, but it is the breakdown of the family and the loss of the meaning in life as society moves away from religion that are the major contributing factors to all this stuff.

The ideal environment for raising kids is both parents, intact marriage. Now I am not saying a single mother, single father, or gay/lesbian couple can't do it successfully, but the odds are nowhere near as likely. Men and women bring different elements to raising kids, mothers are nurturing and caring and fathers teach structure and discipline. If a kid is raised without either of those figures there will be something missing. As well, again as an atheist, this loss of a moral compass, the loss of community, the loss of shared values, the loss of support that comes from the dissolving of religion has left a hole in the lives of a lot of people, that is often then filled with something less healthy, like a white supremacist ideology or joining Antifa, climate change hysteria, joining a gang, etc, etc.

Now I think those things are the basis of a vast majority of the problems facing our current society. Now you factor in glorified violence, through movies, music and video games, you throw in a society that drugs up kids mostly just because they are acting like kids, then you throw in a media that likes to make these vile people into celebrities and you get an increase in mass shootings.

Do you realise that every single country has these issues? Like all of them. What they don't have is the same number of mass shooting. The difference is the guns. Like can you not see that? Really?

You talk about these issues yet you cant work out that there is nothing blocking fornicate AK47 assault rifles ending up in the hands of these psychopaths.

RedSte
Reserve Team Coach
Reserve Team Coach

Tue Sep 03, 2019 8:13 pm

Coming this week to your screens - Brexit - the final showdown!! Surprised no comments about the outrageous Bannan-infested behviour of Britain Trump over the last few days..

My old man said be a City fan...

Nothing significant and lasting will ever come of FFP! - RedSte (2012)

ivandaman
International Player
International Player

Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:09 am

RedSte wrote:
Coming this week to your screens - Brexit - the final showdown!! Surprised no comments about the outrageous Bannan-infested behviour of Britain Trump over the last few days..
I'm no longer keeping up with the whole brexit fiasco. It's just too much & too tiresome.. Just get it done FGS..

Care to explain in "plain english" what Bannan-infested behaviour is ?

To Be A Man UNITED Supporter IS NOT A Right! .... It is a Privilege.

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:18 pm

ivandaman wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:09 am
RedSte wrote:
I'm no longer keeping up with the whole brexit fiasco. It's just too much & too tiresome.. Just get it done FGS..

Care to explain in "plain english" what Bannan-infested behaviour is ?
Liberals think they are morally superior. So when things don't go their way they can't comprehend it. There is no way the majority of people disagree with their pious view of things, therefore it must be corrupt.

Ole
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain

Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:13 am

Brexit has always been a right wing coup and now that's starting to show itself publically.

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:04 pm

Ole wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:13 am
Brexit has always been a right wing coup and now that's starting to show itself publically.
And staying in the EU has always been a corrupt, leftwing, globalist power grab.

I heard something last night that I thought was interesting, the fact that EU won't let you leave should be enough of an indicator that you should leave.

Return to “Members Lounge”