Re: Politics thread

Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:08 am

Relly wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:46 pm
Sandies wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:08 am
Some very fine people

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... car-attack
You're getting your countries version of American news, which if it's like Canada means only the extreme left point of view, but the Charlottesville/fine people hoax has been thoroughly debunked, even by some the most Trump hating CNN hosts.
“The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”

"Beckham... into Sheringham... and Solskjær has won it!"

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:04 pm

Sandies wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 3:08 am
Relly wrote:
Sun Jun 30, 2019 4:46 pm
Sandies wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:08 am
Some very fine people

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... car-attack
You're getting your countries version of American news, which if it's like Canada means only the extreme left point of view, but the Charlottesville/fine people hoax has been thoroughly debunked, even by some the most Trump hating CNN hosts.
“The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”

Don't just watch NBC's cherrypicked, out of context clip. Watch the full thing, and maybe do a little research. Like I said, when even Jake Tapper at CNN admits it's a false narrative then everyone should take a step back.

Jesus Christ I weep for our society thinking the majority are as easily brainwashed the way people like you are. The truth is there, it's not hard to find, yet you blindly spew falsehoods put out by a few publications that are hellbent to destroy an innocent, and dually elected leader.

"Make America Great Again!"

RED3bution
Supporter
Supporter

Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:17 pm

It was a very unusual day yesterday. Militarisation of the 4th by the Dear Leader....I had to watch it to believe it.

"You crossed the line first, sir. You squeezed them, you hammered them to the point of desperation. And in their desperation, they turned to a man they didn't fully understand." -The Dark Knight

Ole
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain

Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:45 pm

Do you mean the US Army taking over the airports in 1775?

RED3bution
Supporter
Supporter

Sat Jul 06, 2019 4:24 am

Hahaha....That was a mistake the teleprompters are paying for currently. I hear one was sentenced in military court today, I will let you be the judge of the punishment.

"You crossed the line first, sir. You squeezed them, you hammered them to the point of desperation. And in their desperation, they turned to a man they didn't fully understand." -The Dark Knight

Ole
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain

Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:53 am

You mean the same teleprompters that he slated Obama for using? Shortly before he left for a weekend to his golf resort? The same sport he also slated Obama for playing.

RED3bution
Supporter
Supporter

Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:27 pm

I believe that's called the art of the deal or something like that... He claims he's often working while on vacation so I think we should cut him some MAGA slack. Sorry major slack.

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:38 pm

Ole wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:53 am
You mean the same teleprompters that he slated Obama for using? Shortly before he left for a weekend to his golf resort? The same sport he also slated Obama for playing.
When you actually accomplish things then you can reward yourself with a golf game. Trump has accomplished way more in 2.5 years then Obama did in 8.

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Sat Jul 06, 2019 3:44 pm

RED3bution wrote:
It was a very unusual day yesterday. Militarisation of the 4th by the Dear Leader....I had to watch it to believe it.
Trump's July 4th event was a massive success. The turnout was humongous despite the weather and his speech was highly regarded even across many liberal new sources a great, patriotic and unifying speech.

I suppose as a non-American living there you probably don't appreciate it, but don't project your feelings onto American's.

RED3bution
Supporter
Supporter

Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:26 am

Relly wrote:
RED3bution wrote:
Trump's July 4th event was a massive success. The turnout was humongous despite the weather and his speech was highly regarded even across many liberal new sources a great, patriotic and unifying speech.

I suppose as a non-American living there you probably don't appreciate it, but don't project your feelings onto American's.
Your version of events do not tally with mine. We will agree to disagree. Strongly.

You don't have any clue about that second line do you? Never stops you though...continue.

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:43 am

Relly wrote:
RED3bution wrote:

Mistake me if i'm wrong, but aren't you Canadian?

And lol at that first part, legit reads like a donny tweet

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:14 am

Sandies wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:43 am
Relly wrote:
RED3bution wrote:

Mistake me if i'm wrong, but aren't you Canadian?

And lol at that first part, legit reads like a donny tweet
I spent the first 32 years of my life living right on the border, I could go to the mall in the US as quick as I could go to the mall in my town, thus I went to the US on a regular basis, still do in fact. All of my television came from the US, all of my news came from the US, we got American newspapers, I listen to American radio, the sports teams I followed were American, I still go to the US everytime I go home, I usually make a trip or two to the US a year for vacation, my sister lived there for about 4 years, I have friends there, I knew the American anthem by heart before I knew the Canadian anthem. After moving more to the interior of Canada and working with people that mostly come from even further into Canada I found I have little to nothing in common with Canadians. I even have an American accent with certain words. I am not American, but I know as much about the US as lot of Americans do, in fact probably more than a lot.

From the way he talks Redbuttion clearly isn't American born, in fact I am pretty sure he said he moved there for school (could be confusing him with someone else, in which case I apologize) but I know without a doubt in my mind that I know more about what it means to be American then he does. Now you may agree more with his interpretation, or expectations of what America is or should be, but you don't know anything about the US. It's not Australia, it's not Europe, it's not Canada and it's the differences between those places and America that is what defines America. And if you don't like those differences than stop paying attention to the US, because it's clearly not for you.

And whether you love or hate Trump, the man draws massive crowds wherever he speaks. It's the Democrats who are constantly busted huddling everyone together and shooting the crowd from angles that make it look big, while people line the streets for blocks outside Trump events because way more people show up than can be accommodated.

RED3bution
Supporter
Supporter

Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:10 pm

So let's get to it real quick. I will not mock your " I can see Russia from my house" portrayal of your affiliation to the US. All I can give you is that you have gained a broader appreciation for border-town politics. I suggest you move to the US seeing as you are a big fan. It's not monolithic at all though.

The way I talk reflects a personal preference. I've seen Germans and other nationalities who prefer to talk "American" and you a Canadian claim you speak certain words in an American accent. I hope you have not reduced Americanness to simply an accent. You would be right but extremely limited.
I have continuously lived in the US now for 14 years straight and I don't know how you think that your excursions into and association with American society makes you more American than the people living there but just for argument sake, I allow it, I will then ask you what stops someone who grew up on American art, literature and movies and basically pop culture from claiming the same?

Trump may be the greatest American of our time in your eyes, but he appears a sorry sight in mine and many others, on both sides of ALL political divide. You mention democrats like everything going on is contrived and manipulated by that party. Sigh. He represents an excess that is often critiqued here in American life-the bigger, better deal, the hype, the illusion. You get what I mean.
Still on crowds, Trump is obsessed with his image and selfishly lies (demonstrable) about anything that props his ego up. He has been described home and abroad as an excessively insecure man, the latest evidence coming from the diplomatic cables sent by the now resigned British Ambassador to the US, Sir Garrod, of forgotten first name.
His inauguration comes to mind as well. So I am not going to believe him (Doesn't make him wrong) this time or maybe ever. You pay a price for a cultivated reputation.

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:26 pm

RED3bution wrote:
So let's get to it real quick. I will not mock your " I can see Russia from my house" portrayal of your affiliation to the US. All I can give you is that you have gained a broader appreciation for border-town politics. I suggest you move to the US seeing as you are a big fan. It's not monolithic at all though.

The way I talk reflects a personal preference. I've seen Germans and other nationalities who prefer to talk "American" and you a Canadian claim you speak certain words in an American accent. I hope you have not reduced Americanness to simply an accent. You would be right but extremely limited.
I have continuously lived in the US now for 14 years straight and I don't know how you think that your excursions into and association with American society makes you more American than the people living there but just for argument sake, I allow it, I will then ask you what stops someone who grew up on American art, literature and movies and basically pop culture from claiming the same?

Trump may be the greatest American of our time in your eyes, but he appears a sorry sight in mine and many others, on both sides of ALL political divide. You mention democrats like everything going on is contrived and manipulated by that party. Sigh. He represents an excess that is often critiqued here in American life-the bigger, better deal, the hype, the illusion. You get what I mean.
Still on crowds, Trump is obsessed with his image and selfishly lies (demonstrable) about anything that props his ego up. He has been described home and abroad as an excessively insecure man, the latest evidence coming from the diplomatic cables sent by the now resigned British Ambassador to the US, Sir Garrod, of forgotten first name.
His inauguration comes to mind as well. So I am not going to believe him (Doesn't make him wrong) this time or maybe ever. You pay a price for a cultivated reputation.
I never claimed to be American or more American than any actual American. And I gave a dozen reasons to explain my close connection with the country, and you randomly pick one and try to reduce my argument to just that. I don't think I understand Americans better because I use different terms for things then my fellow Canadians. But I do understand being American is really more about a set of ideals and values, no matter what race, colour or previous nationality it comes from. It's about small government, individual liberty and unalienable rights that transcend the government. The modern democrats and new Americans want to erase those values and replace them with the exact ones that caused people to leave England and start the USA in the first place.

Trump is a big, boisterous, sometimes obnoxious person, I get that. He is someone that needs to prop up his ego, I get that too. Have I ever said that he is a perfect person? In real life, maybe here I don't remember, I often say I fully appreciate people not liking Trump's style, but at the end of the day his results speak volumes. I love his personality, I was a fan of him for 30 years before he entered politics, but he is not everyone's cup of tea and that's perfectly fine. But people need to start judging him on his actions vs what he says on twitter, because often times what is said on twitter is just talk, and the actions play out differently.

And what does the opinion of that British ambassador mean anyway? Just the personal opinion of one guy, and I don't think American's have cared about an Englishman's opinion is long ass time.

RED3bution
Supporter
Supporter

Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:18 pm

Relly wrote:
RED3bution wrote:

I never claimed to be American or more American than any actual American. And I gave a dozen reasons to explain my close connection with the country, and you randomly pick one and try to reduce my argument to just that. I don't think I understand Americans better because I use different terms for things then my fellow Canadians. But I do understand being American is really more about a set of ideals and values, no matter what race, colour or previous nationality it comes from. It's about small government, individual liberty and unalienable rights that transcend the government. The modern democrats and new Americans want to erase those values and replace them with the exact ones that caused people to leave England and start the USA in the first place.

Trump is a big, boisterous, sometimes obnoxious person, I get that. He is someone that needs to prop up his ego, I get that too. Have I ever said that he is a perfect person? In real life, maybe here I don't remember, I often say I fully appreciate people not liking Trump's style, but at the end of the day his results speak volumes. I love his personality, I was a fan of him for 30 years before he entered politics, but he is not everyone's cup of tea and that's perfectly fine. But people need to start judging him on his actions vs what he says on twitter, because often times what is said on twitter is just talk, and the actions play out differently.

And what does the opinion of that British ambassador mean anyway? Just the personal opinion of one guy, and I don't think American's have cared about an Englishman's opinion is long ass time.
The frank opinion of the British ambassador will typically form the lens through which Trump's administration is perceived. Pretty simple.

I don't want to question your knowledge of things American which by your posting seems assured but know that everything you mentioned is an IDEA! The definition of an American is not really based off of your passport but rather on your subscription to those ideals.
Let me explain that line, you passport shows that you were either born on US soil or naturalized but being an American requires you to subscribe to those ideals. As an aside that's why the government of the US can revoke your citizenship natural born or not.

That's why the immigration system is liberal. You don't need a blood line traceable back to the dinosaurs to belong. So that's my 2 pence....Peace!

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Fri Jul 12, 2019 4:05 pm

RED3bution wrote:
Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:18 pm
Relly wrote:
RED3bution wrote:

The frank opinion of the British ambassador will typically form the lens through which Trump's administration is perceived. Pretty simple.

I don't want to question your knowledge of things American which by your posting seems assured but know that everything you mentioned is an IDEA! The definition of an American is not really based off of your passport but rather on your subscription to those ideals.
Let me explain that line, you passport shows that you were either born on US soil or naturalized but being an American requires you to subscribe to those ideals. As an aside that's why the government of the US can revoke your citizenship natural born or not.

That's why the immigration system is liberal. You don't need a blood line traceable back to the dinosaurs to belong. So that's my 2 pence....Peace!
I apologize because sometimes I have a little difficult time understanding you, but I think we more or less just agreed there.

Except one thing, although some liberal media personalities might pretend otherwise, no one cares at all what some British ambassador thinks.

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:57 am

To be fair, Trump is correct in saying these women were born in a country whose governments are a complete and total catastrophe, the worst, most corrupt and inept anywhere in the world

*not a racist

RedSte
Reserve Team Coach
Reserve Team Coach

Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:02 pm

Im just ignoring him now... everything that spews from his mouth is the anti-truth. NWFP

My old man said be a City fan...

Nothing significant and lasting will ever come of FFP! - RedSte (2012)

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:20 pm

RedSte wrote:
Im just ignoring him now... everything that spews from his mouth is the anti-truth. NWFP
Alternative facts*

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:58 am

Sandies wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:20 pm
RedSte wrote:
Alternative facts*
This was an absolutely brilliant move by Trump, although I can appreciate your not enough of a free thinker to see that.

I doubt you get much coverage of these four women were you are because none of them has done a positive thing yet and the press here covers for all their bad things. Admittedly I don't know much about Ayanna Pressley, she's not relevant at all, tbh not sure how she got included in this. However the other three, truly are America hating, far left, radicals that are openly vicious anti-semites. Again you probably don't get much coverage of that where you are, but Omar has made numerous racist, anti-Semitic comments, then often makes more while trying to defend the originals. The house had to vote to condemn her comments recently, although the bill was eventually watered down to generic condemnation of anti-discrimination because these other 2 or 3 women made a lot of noise and scared old Nancy Pelosi caved. Omar has also made several comments that can be easily taken as soft on terrorism, she was recently in the spotlight again for downplaying 9/11 like it was a nothing event, except the inconvenience it caused the muslim community. Some background on Omar, she was born in Somalia, went to a refugee camp in Kenya at something like 4-6 years old, then spent somewhere between 6-8 years there before she was brought to the US. For a women to start her life in those circumstances, then to be rescued by the US and provided so many opportunities by the US that she was able to become an elected US official at 36 should be an amazing story of success, instead she hates the US and has no appreciation for what it has provided her. Oh, she's also currently under tax fraud investigation because she was married to two people at one time, one of them her own brother, and didn't file her taxes accordingly.

So these women are admittedly the radical fringe of the party, they don't represent the views of the majority of democratic voters. However they have become the face and thought leaders of the party and they are directing the policy that the presidential candidates are all adopting, which again isn't popular with much of the base. They are very loud and very arrogant about their positions. Just last week AOC, who has been vocally criticizing the moderate members of the dem party and organizing fellow radicals to run against them, got into a fight with the Dem leader Pelosi because Pelosi was trying to downplay their significance to the party. This resulted in AOC publicly accusing Pelosi of being racist (man I love when the snake starts eating itself). However this didn't work for AOC because prominent members of the party started coming out and defending Pelosi and speaking out against these young radical members. Now if the dems have any shot at beating Trump, it's by running a moderate., that's why a guy that was a complete joke the two previous times he ran for president, Biden, is now the front runner. So the way it was starting to play out is these women were starting to get relegated from the front lines of the party, which is exactly what the dems need to happen to win the presidency. In fact the dems are thinking of redistricting New York to eliminate AOC's seat, so she can't get re-elected. They are also thinking of primarying Omar.

So then along comes Donald Trump, knowing that internal democratic polls released on the weekend show support for AOC at 22% and Omar at 9% and that these are the people dragging the party down and that the Dems might finally shake themselves of this problem, he makes this tweet about these women, forcing the dems to all unite behind and defend these women, that frankly they dislike more than any Republican does. Then to put some icing on the cake, these women conduct a press conference, in which they refuse to denounce terrorism, where they outright lie about conditions at the border that have been debunked, they lie about Russian conspiracy theories that have been debunked, they show contempt for the county and it's laws, honestly it couldnt' have gone any better.

And also, please point out to me which aspect of those tweets are racist? The only real fault is that Omar is the only one from another country. However Tlaib clearly has more love for Palestine, her country of heritage, then the US. She wrapped herself in a Palestine flag when elected, she hangs a Palestine flag in her office. And this is the women that screamed at her victory party that she was going to "impeach that fornicate". Now whatever you think of Trump personally, it's completely appalling for an elected official of the US to speak about the office of the countries leader in that way.

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:11 am

Telling someone to go home to where they came from is racist. end of.

It was a master stroke from Trump, because when one shit storm arises from his racist mouth, every other issue is ignored

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:54 am

Relly wrote:

And also, please point out to me which aspect of those tweets are racist? The only real fault is that Omar is the only one from another country. However Tlaib clearly has more love for Palestine, her country of heritage, then the US. She wrapped herself in a Palestine flag when elected, she hangs a Palestine flag in her office. And this is the women that screamed at her victory party that she was going to "impeach that fornicate". Now whatever you think of Trump personally, it's completely appalling for an elected official of the US to speak about the office of the countries leader in that way.
1- Palestine isn't actually a country
2 - Her ignorance and bias isn't a cause of xenophobic and racist abuse. Whos side do you think people will take with that type of response

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:12 pm

Sandies wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:54 am
Relly wrote:

1- Palestine isn't actually a country
2 - Her ignorance and bias isn't a cause of xenophobic and racist abuse. Whos side do you think people will take with that type of response
1 - I am fully aware Palestine isnt' a country, it's ragtag group of radical muslim outcasts from other muslim countries run by a terrorist organization. I tried to play that down to not offend your delicate lefty sensibilities, but like a typical leftist you throw your principles away just to disagree with the other side.

2 - People will take Trump's side. He will whether this overreaction to his comments like everything else and it won't affect his support. But trust me when I tell you, American's do not like this women. Most Americans love their country and they don't appreciate these women shitting on it all the time. That is a fact.
Last edited by Relly on Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:15 pm

Sandies wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:11 am
Telling someone to go home to where they came from is racist. end of.

It was a master stroke from Trump, because when one shit storm arises from his racist mouth, every other issue is ignored
Your response to my well laid out, factual statement is, Orange Man Racist. I will take that as you don't have anyway of actually disputing anything I have said, thus your have resorted to your only defense, everyone is racist. Jokes on you, that argument, and people being sick of it, is why Trump won and why he'll win again.

And he didn't tell them to go back permanently, he said go back to these places, fix them, and then come back and show us how you did it. That's not racist.

Carrick 5 Gerrard 0
Supporter
Supporter

Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:54 pm

You've obviously not had someone tell you to go back to where you come from when you weren't born in that country....

Imagine how many kids are going to see that and think it's okay to say that to other kids, that's not okay.

Return to “Members Lounge”