Next Match: Image
Liverpool in the Premier League.
Sunday 20th October 2019, KO 16:30 BST.

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Ole Gunnar Solskjær appointed as Manchester United’s permanent manager

Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:31 pm

I think they had to give it to him after the way we have performed. I am happy about that, but I also don't expect things to continue on such a rosey path.

"Make America Great Again!"

raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player

Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:40 pm

Dante wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:21 am
Three year contract.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... nt-manager

Thoughts?
It's a bit like brexit
50% will agree to the deal and look forward to the future
50% will not want for all sorts of reasons varying from not wanting a legend to be tarnished through to lack of experience and success
For me it is wait and see

What the above actually means is that appointment is no different to LVG and Jose when the fans were split 50/50 then

As usual the next footballing important step is to what degree Ole can convince Pogba,DDG and Rashford to stay
and
Does he want Herrara
and if not which players does he want and will the club back him

I hate to mention it but the clubs priorities will be a half price manager(Well half of what they paid jose who was on 15m) and pre season ticket sales for the mighty Champions Cup in the Far East

Sigmar
First Team Player
First Team Player

Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:44 pm

raycreative wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:40 pm
Dante wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:21 am
Three year contract.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... nt-manager

Thoughts?
It's a bit like brexit
50% will agree to the deal and look forward to the future
50% will not want for all sorts of reasons varying from not wanting a legend to be tarnished through to lack of experience and success
For me it is wait and see

What the above actually means is that appointment is no different to LVG and Jose when the fans were split 50/50 then

As usual the next footballing important step is to what degree Ole can convince Pogba,DDG and Rashford to stay
and
Does he want Herrara
and if not which players does he want and will the club back him

I hate to mention it but the clubs priorities will be a half price manager(Well half of what they paid jose who was on 15m) and pre season ticket sales for the mighty Champions Cup in the Far East

Time will tell.
The board seem to have waited long enough for the honeymoon period to end, and making the decision before they know if we have CL football or not is a brave one, and the right one because it takes some of the pressure off qualifying.

Ole's starting eleven is no secret, we all know who those players are, those spending more time on the bench than playing must have concerns, and not a lot of time to show real improvement.
I agree there are several players that need to be tied down, the club can afford it, so back Ole' and sign them up, we also need some new blood, that's also true, Ole' will no doubt have a list.

Life is what you have to put up with when you are not dead

raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player

Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:28 am

I think you are correct that some of the pressure comes off qualifying now the appointment is made however i wonder how important that is to the board
I would not say they don't want to qualify,as clearly they would like to, but i wonder how vital it actually is

For me very little changes for this year which has been one of turmoil
We go into the last full month of the year with many vital games in front of us which i am looking forward to

That said the pressure is no longer on Ole or a lot of the players but on our director of football Matt Judge
Certain players will be thinking about their next move
I am thinking specifically of Sanchez and Lukaku.Neither will give a shit whether they are at United or not because as professional footballers they don't care who they play for
If United do get rid of them they will receive big compensation cheques and a new big contract elsewhere probably in China
They will never return to the city of Manchester

Where the pressure is off Ole and on Matt Judge is DDG,Pogba and Rashford
It is vital to tie them down.They are the spine of the club going forward
Give them long term contracts now
This is no longer anything to do with Ole
Only Matt Judge can convince the players agents to sign long term contracts
Over to you Matt

Also on top of that Ole now needs a 3 year plan
This club has sunk that low to where it was not that long ago relatively that you cannot sort out it out in one transfer window
Ole will know what positions he needs to cover.
Some are obvious such as CENTRE HALF AND A CENTRE FORWARD and at least one and probably two replacements for Herrera and Mata
You could wait a season and just replace one if you wanted to give McTominay a chance but by then Matic will be moving towards the end so you will then need two
Some can wait one season but no more such as right back to see if Dalot can tie it down

But we must get the best available for centre half and centre forward.We should do what it takes and stop pissing around as we have done with LVG("i believe i did the best i could with third or 4th choice targets they got me") and Jose("i gave Mr Woodward 5 names of defenders and he got me none")

Realistically in football terms this board and Matt Judge are wankers and Ole needs some serious football help and ambition from above

Teams like Bayern Munich are already signing players on pre contracts for next season and i am sure Madrid("I wouldn't sell them a virus" are tapping up players including ours
PSG will be making some serious moves
I just hope we don't end up with ageing crocks who are no more than shirt sellers like Bale

ivandaman
International Player
International Player

Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:14 am

Finally we've got the right manager. There's no doubt in my mind about that. Hopefully he'd get the financial backing needed to get the right players.

Personally I always wanted Ole as SAF replacement, (and I'm sure this is documented somewhere in this board) but I didn't think there was much chance of this happening..

So glad I was wrong..

To Be A Man UNITED Supporter IS NOT A Right! .... It is a Privilege.

raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player

Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:19 pm

Anybody see todays press conference?

Ole doesn't know what is happening with Anders Herrara
"You've have to ask him if he will be at this club next season"
WTF is running this club

If the current manager doesn't know who is playing for the club then does anybody still think that LVG and Jose bought their own players or is the cent finally dropping about who buys and wastes in footballing terms the transfer budget?

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Sat Apr 13, 2019 3:32 pm

raycreative wrote:

WTF is running this club

If the current manager doesn't know who is playing for the club then does anybody still think that LVG and Jose bought their own players or is the cent finally dropping about who buys and wastes in footballing terms the transfer budget?
That's a pretty standard response from a lot of managers of a lot of sports clubs. Quit looking for reasons to be outraged by the glazers.

raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player

Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:31 pm

Relly wrote:
raycreative wrote:

WTF is running this club

That's a pretty standard response from a lot of managers of a lot of sports clubs. Quit looking for reasons to be outraged by the glazers.
I don't have to look far

They never speak to fans, but give me as many reasons not to like them as you give me not to like you

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:07 pm

raycreative wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 4:31 pm
Relly wrote:
raycreative wrote:

WTF is running this club

I don't have to look far

They never speak to fans, but give me as many reasons not to like them as you give me not to like you
don't care whether you like or dislike me, you're less than insignificant to my life

Dante
Referee
Referee

Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:12 pm

raycreative wrote:

WTF is running this club

That means that he's not signed the contract offered to him. Ole is pressuring him to sign it.

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter

Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:25 pm

Dante - it is pointless trying to use reason and logic with Ray.

I can't believe it. I can't believe it. Football. Bloody hell.

raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player

Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:09 pm

Dante wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:12 pm
raycreative wrote:

WTF is running this club

That means that he's not signed the contract offered to him. Ole is pressuring him to sign it.
You could be right
I am hearing that he has signed already for another club.I believe it is PSG
If he has signed such a contract then it is useless to pressurise him

If Herrara has been dealt with the same way as Juan Mata has,and i believe he probably has, then nobody from Old Trafford has spoken to the representatives of either player since November never mind showing/offering him a new contract
I don't know for sure who the person in charge of such negotiations is so i won't apportion precise blame,if it keeps everybody happy however i would ask you,Dante do you believe it is the right or the courteous thing to do to just ignore the situation
Even if you don't want that player,which is fair enough at least tell him what the position is so he can make his own arrangements

The fact that Ole is now asking Herrara what his plans are suggests to me that Ole has had no say in the decision to try to keep him
What do you think?

This is not the time for these internal problems.
We should be totally focused on another Tiger Woods style miracle in Barcelona and a top 4 finish

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:22 pm

Are we getting to the point were this situation won't last to long? Now I don't believe OGS is the problem, but is he the man to fix the problem? Did he get too buddy buddy with the players during the interim appointment? Do the players see him as the authority figure he needs to be to whip prima donna flakes like Pogba into shape? Mourinho couldn't do it, I highly doubt OGS could either. (although, to me the solution in that situation is get rid of Pogba)

raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player

Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:10 am

Relly wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:22 pm
Are we getting to the point were this situation won't last to long? Now I don't believe OGS is the problem, but is he the man to fix the problem? Did he get too buddy buddy with the players during the interim appointment? Do the players see him as the authority figure he needs to be to whip prima donna flakes like Pogba into shape? Mourinho couldn't do it, I highly doubt OGS could either. (although, to me the solution in that situation is get rid of Pogba)
Getting rid of Pogba would not necessarily be a bad thing but that's a time will tell thing
But you have to replace him if he does go and with a mid 20's year old top class player
Same statement if DDG goes and Lukaku and Sanchez and Rashford
they all want out for money and the oppotunity to play at the top level.
I believe they ALL get a 25% wage cut if they are in the Europa league as opposed to the Champions league
If you were DDG and Pogba would you want to take 25% less because you were forced to play with Young,Jones,Smalling,Sanchez and Lukaku?

You already need a replacement for Valencia and Mata and Herrara so that's 7 already before you look at the shit that is Young,Smalling and Jones
So now you are at double figures
Ole has said over the weekend that "people expect me to get 6 players but that's not going to happen"
I don't think 6 is enough.Do you?And don't forget "that isn't going to happen"
So when will we hear "what is going to happen"
I fully expect a usual transfer window yet again
The season ends and everybody draws breath whilst the players go on holiday
Lots of rumours and speculations about United getting the worlds best.
immediate announcement from Herrara's camp and United wishing him well,bullshit,bullshit
Ole insisting that Pogba and DDg aren't going anywhere

Back in training and now we will see who is staying.
More speculation on incomings

Go on tour.More speculation.
Woodward(not Ole) rumoured to be negotiation with everybody
One and possibly two big announcements of shirt sellers
A new sponsor or two.I am told they are currently looking for a stadium sponsor to do up the shit hole we that United are now playing in
A big advertising campaign around the new player(or two)

Normal service resumed for 2019/20.
Look forward to the January transfer window.Wait and see
You know there will be no value

raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player

Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:21 am

Ole's at the wheel
How does it feel?

Well currently still shit but that is nothing to do with Ole
Now the bounce back factor has finsihed and all the positive records have been set we now get the truth
Not about Ole but about the squad which surely even the most positive on this and any forum will finally accept is poor a coz we is shit
It hasn't happened overnight.
It has taken the entire Glazer ownership and financial plundering at the expense of everything that this club stood for to get us here
Frighteningly things are not looking positive to change
There is not the slightest echo from above about upcoming planned changes
LVG got blamed for his period despite saying that he only got his fourth choice players
Jose got blamed for his period despite saying that he got none out of 5 defenders which is even more glaring now.Jose was accused of playing totally negative football and even more so when Ole's team went on the great run
LVG came out and said the football was exactly the same as Jose's but(luckily) they were getting the results.How right he was

So now we have ole who is already toeing the party line
He has promised us that we cannot expect 6 top class players.
WTF not.We need 8 or 9

I never wanted Ole as manager
Not because he is not good enough as we just don't know for sure.We can only look at his past management record which in truth is not great.
I didn't want him as manager because he is one of my hero's and if anybody can destroy the mans hero status it is the thieves and Ed Woodward which currently and will continue to own this club

I got an interesting set of facts yesterday from a friend in hospitality at United
It explains why the club appointed him so quickly even without a backup infrastruture in place
As soon as Ole was appointed manager it has not been hard to detect a rise in the tourists and all with Norwegians accents

He tells me the following
2 plane loads,so in total,about 500 Norwegians are coming via Thomas Cook for every game
Everything is very expensive in Norway so costs do not frighten them
They are happily paying up for a Bobby Charlton at £1666 last night and when that is full they take the defrosted burger and chips(International fine dining to you and me) for about £600 to £800 a game
That is a conservative average of £1000 a head x 500 = half a million pounds a game
Approx 30 games a season so the take is £15m

The club expects an average spend in the megastore of £500 a head so a quarter of a million a game x 30 games is £7.5 million

They block book out the Hotel Football which United now have an interest in
They don't just stay one night.Usually 3 so that's 500 people paying say £200 a night so another £9m over 30 games plus bar and meal takings
Ole is here for a good while

Is it me or is his hair greying more already?

raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player

Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:31 am

Ole all over the papers this morning for several reasons
A few fellow players from his era saying he is not the right man.Living in the past by taking players back to The Cliiff
Relying and talking too much about SAF
Not is control of the transfer pot
and finally he is alledged to have been called in for a bollocking from Ed Woodward about team selection leaks and poor run of results
I hope he gave it back to Ed Woodward and hope he asked him why Ed Woodward allowed Jose and LVG to make such poor signings that Ole is now saddled with
Well they did make them didn't they :laugh: :laugh:

To be fair Ed Woodward must have been upset that we couldn't help his team Liverpool in their title challenge
C'est la vie

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:03 pm

raycreative wrote:
Thu Apr 25, 2019 10:21 am
Ole's at the wheel
How does it feel?

Well currently still shit but that is nothing to do with Ole
Now the bounce back factor has finsihed and all the positive records have been set we now get the truth
Not about Ole but about the squad which surely even the most positive on this and any forum will finally accept is poor a coz we is shit
It hasn't happened overnight.
It has taken the entire Glazer ownership and financial plundering at the expense of everything that this club stood for to get us here
Frighteningly things are not looking positive to change
There is not the slightest echo from above about upcoming planned changes
LVG got blamed for his period despite saying that he only got his fourth choice players
Jose got blamed for his period despite saying that he got none out of 5 defenders which is even more glaring now.Jose was accused of playing totally negative football and even more so when Ole's team went on the great run
LVG came out and said the football was exactly the same as Jose's but(luckily) they were getting the results.How right he was

So now we have ole who is already toeing the party line
He has promised us that we cannot expect 6 top class players.
WTF not.We need 8 or 9

I never wanted Ole as manager
Not because he is not good enough as we just don't know for sure.We can only look at his past management record which in truth is not great.
I didn't want him as manager because he is one of my hero's and if anybody can destroy the mans hero status it is the thieves and Ed Woodward which currently and will continue to own this club

I got an interesting set of facts yesterday from a friend in hospitality at United
It explains why the club appointed him so quickly even without a backup infrastruture in place
As soon as Ole was appointed manager it has not been hard to detect a rise in the tourists and all with Norwegians accents

He tells me the following
2 plane loads,so in total,about 500 Norwegians are coming via Thomas Cook for every game
Everything is very expensive in Norway so costs do not frighten them
They are happily paying up for a Bobby Charlton at £1666 last night and when that is full they take the defrosted burger and chips(International fine dining to you and me) for about £600 to £800 a game
That is a conservative average of £1000 a head x 500 = half a million pounds a game
Approx 30 games a season so the take is £15m

The club expects an average spend in the megastore of £500 a head so a quarter of a million a game x 30 games is £7.5 million

They block book out the Hotel Football which United now have an interest in
They don't just stay one night.Usually 3 so that's 500 people paying say £200 a night so another £9m over 30 games plus bar and meal takings
Ole is here for a good while

Is it me or is his hair greying more already?
I was about to say I agree with your post, then I got to the hilarious part where you think this was done to go after all the Norwegian money. There is like 5 people in Norway, after a few games they'll all had there turn and that will dry right up. You honestly believe one of the biggest sporting clubs in the world appointed their manager because a handful of Norwegians will come to a few games. ROFLMAO!!

raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player

Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:14 pm

You think what you like Ben but we'll never know
We are not dealing with 5 Norwegians.We are dealing with 500 a game spending £30-40 MILLION a season
They along with the Chinese ipad branch is where the big bucks come from
Not me and other season ticket holders spending £50/75 a head
Not you and some others on cheap or illegal streams

There were probably other important reasons as well which would be along the lines of "He was half of Jose's price so he was cheap" and They didn't have to buy him out of an expensive contract so all the usual Glazernomics reasons

What fascinates me is that there is nothing happening that couldn't be predicted at least 5 years ago and yet everybody is now amazed and wondering how we got in this shit
The answer is easy.
Underspending on the important things like team building and replacement early of old and knackered players and directors of football and youth development
Add overspending on shirt sellers and the like and the justifying of letting players like Rooney,Giggs,Scholes,Carrick draw a pension whilst still playing
And actually taking in the likes of Schweinsteiger and Falcao not just for one last hurrah and to help the development of younger players but as main players with a sole view of pure profit
I used to joke they should get Pele,Eusabio and Beckenbaur along but was it,in hindsight a joke?

What we now have is a poor and delapidated team playing in an old knackered stadium and you know what i have still not seen a sign from those at the top that there is the slightest intention to change direction

What's da bottom line?

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:37 pm

raycreative wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:14 pm
You think what you like Ben but we'll never know
We are not dealing with 5 Norwegians.We are dealing with 500 a game spending £30-40 MILLION a season
They along with the Chinese ipad branch is where the big bucks come from
Not me and other season ticket holders spending £50/75 a head
Not you and some others on cheap or illegal streams

There were probably other important reasons as well which would be along the lines of "He was half of Jose's price so he was cheap" and They didn't have to buy him out of an expensive contract so all the usual Glazernomics reasons

What fascinates me is that there is nothing happening that couldn't be predicted at least 5 years ago and yet everybody is now amazed and wondering how we got in this shit
The answer is easy.
Underspending on the important things like team building and replacement early of old and knackered players and directors of football and youth development
Add overspending on shirt sellers and the like and the justifying of letting players like Rooney,Giggs,Scholes,Carrick draw a pension whilst still playing
And actually taking in the likes of Schweinsteiger and Falcao not just for one last hurrah and to help the development of younger players but as main players with a sole view of pure profit
I used to joke they should get Pele,Eusabio and Beckenbaur along but was it,in hindsight a joke?

What we now have is a poor and delapidated team playing in an old knackered stadium and you know what i have still not seen a sign from those at the top that there is the slightest intention to change direction

What's da bottom line?
I agree with everything you have said here, but the Norway stuff.

raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player

Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:17 pm

Without trying to be rude,seriously, you need to be at the ground these days to see the tourists and pilgrims

They ebb and flow and to be honest the numbers are now stable(ish)
Whether that's because all the Thomas Cook planes are full or people don't want to come any more i don't know but during the week the coaches lined up on the South Stand car park are usually about 6 to 8 deep.That's for the museum tour that ends in the megastore
That's 400 from the Far East and that's constant every day.Has been all season
The Norwegians don't do the museum tour.
They prefer to head straight for the bar and do the megastore on match days
I expect them to be arriving in Manchester today.They will have tonight(Friday) and tomorrow on the piss in the city centre and then back to Hotel Football across from the ground for a late night one before going to bed
Same tomorrow
On Sunday they won't leave the vicinity of the ground.Start in the bar of Hotel Football then off for a Bobby Charlton
Last out of the ground and then back to Hotel Football.Back to Norway on Monday

Laugh if you like.I can't stop you but at a calculated spend of £15m for the season(Hospitality's words not mine) they are better thn a sponsor and that's just for 500 a game

If you know anybody that goes to the game ask them to put their heads in the Hotel Football before the game
Only Norwegians

After the game they help lock the ground whilst all the happy clappies take their ipads to where the team comes out of.
That in itself can be funny on a cold wet Manchester night
The players don't come out for a good hour by which time most of them are pissed wet through holding up a cardboard sign saying some shit like "Wayne Looney.I love you.I want your shirt to sleep next to"
And these are fella's,FFS

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:24 pm

raycreative wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:17 pm
Without trying to be rude,seriously, you need to be at the ground these days to see the tourists and pilgrims

They ebb and flow and to be honest the numbers are now stable(ish)
Whether that's because all the Thomas Cook planes are full or people don't want to come any more i don't know but during the week the coaches lined up on the South Stand car park are usually about 6 to 8 deep.That's for the museum tour that ends in the megastore
That's 400 from the Far East and that's constant every day.Has been all season
The Norwegians don't do the museum tour.
They prefer to head straight for the bar and do the megastore on match days
I expect them to be arriving in Manchester today.They will have tonight(Friday) and tomorrow on the piss in the city centre and then back to Hotel Football across from the ground for a late night one before going to bed
Same tomorrow
On Sunday they won't leave the vicinity of the ground.Start in the bar of Hotel Football then off for a Bobby Charlton
Last out of the ground and then back to Hotel Football.Back to Norway on Monday

Laugh if you like.I can't stop you but at a calculated spend of £15m for the season(Hospitality's words not mine) they are better thn a sponsor and that's just for 500 a game

If you know anybody that goes to the game ask them to put their heads in the Hotel Football before the game
Only Norwegians

After the game they help lock the ground whilst all the happy clappies take their ipads to where the team comes out of.
That in itself can be funny on a cold wet Manchester night
The players don't come out for a good hour by which time most of them are pissed wet through holding up a cardboard sign saying some shit like "Wayne Looney.I love you.I want your shirt to sleep next to"
And these are fella's,FFS
I totally believe what you are saying about the current state of Old Trafford. I live in a city that has the fakest, most fickle sports fans I have ever seen. Toronto Blue Jays (baseball team) were quite shite about 7 or 8 years ago and you could buy a ticket for the game right before for less then ticket value, go into the ballpark and it would be about a quarter full, but real fans. 3 years later they were one of the most competitive teams in the league and the games were all sold out, if you wanted to go it would cost a fortune, and the park would be full of people, all wearing brand new shirts, who didn't know fornicate all about the game or the team. 2 years later they are back to being a poor team and those people are all gone. It's annoying, it's frustrating, but it's the reality of modern times. And nobody outside of Ontario would ever care about the Blue Jays, but United is one of the biggest sports clubs in the world, so I would imagine it's 100x worse there.

It's never going to change though. Personnally I can't support any team in Toronto because I can't stand listening to all the fairweather fans, who all think they are experts. It's a big part of why I started supporting a team in a different continent to me, I can enjoy it on my own, and share my thoughts with like minded people in forums like this, but never have to deal with all the fake fan bullshit.

raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player

Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:27 pm

Interesting comment i heard from a friend who has been unlucky in every ballot this season
He has been going for 40 years plus but is now a pensioner and therefore entitled to reduced prices

He has given up going now as he just can't get a ticket.
Every game he applies for,having paid his £32.50 for the privilege of being a member he is chibbed
He usually then gets a phone call offering him a limited availability Bobby Charlton for £1600

As he pointed out correctly United send a few ambassadors out every game to places like the States,Mumbai,Hong Kong,Singapore to show the game on a big TV in a big event situation where they get their bollocks tickled to become a member etc
He correctly pointed out he can't remember an ambassador being sent to Salford
Nothing to do with money surely!!
Or could it be???

Return to “U-N-I-T-E-D”