Next Match: Image
Club Brugges in the Europa League.
Thursday 27th February 2020, KO 20:00 UTC.

raycreative
International Player
International Player

Re: MASSIVE news

Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:35 am

What are the chances of the Glazers cooking the books to put money in so they can spend it on better quality players?
:laugh: :laugh:

Ole
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain

Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:37 am

What are the chances of you not turning a thread into something about the Glazers?

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:11 pm

The whole football world seems to be reveling in this. Even the La Liga chief said this was great news and better late then ever.

I doubt this would happen, but I read an opinion somewhere that question if City were exposed as cheating shouldn't that invalidate any English titles they have won, seeing how it was from the benefit of cheating.

"Make America Great Again!"

Glorio
International Player
International Player

Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:58 pm

For whatever odd reason, I feel bad for them. I actually feel sorry for certain superb players of the game like Aguero, David Silva, who could be denied the chance to win the Champions League before they retire.

Do I want City as a club to win the Champions League? No! But those players I mentioned do deserve it for their quality, consistency and humility. They're very unlikely to ever do that now, unless they get picked up by real contenders.

There is only one GOLDEN BOY

raycreative
International Player
International Player

Sat Feb 15, 2020 5:21 pm

Ole wrote:
Sat Feb 15, 2020 8:37 am
What are the chances of you not turning a thread into something about the Glazers?
EDIT:

:offtopic:

Sigmar
First Team Player
First Team Player

Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:03 pm

It's surfacing that they were exposed by a Portugese operating out of Hungary, who hacked into City's computer amongst other clubs, he was deported from Hungary back to Portugal where hacking is a criminal offence. Some reports are no suggesting that he has over 70,000 documents on file, including emails, and financial reports on a lot of clubs, which proved that the Mansours were responsible for artifiially inflating City's sponsorship deals.

Under UEFA rules, City could also be deducted Premier League points which could be back dated to when the Mansours took over
https://indianexpress.com/article/sport ... n-6269864/

Life is what you have to put up with when you are not dead

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:05 pm

Sigmar wrote:
It's surfacing that they were exposed by a Portugese operating out of Hungary, who hacked into City's computer amongst other clubs, he was deported from Hungary back to Portugal where hacking is a criminal offence. Some reports are no suggesting that he has over 70,000 documents on file, including emails, and financial reports on a lot of clubs, which proved that the Mansours were responsible for artifiially inflating City's sponsorship deals.

Under UEFA rules, City could also be deducted Premier League points which could be back dated to when the Mansours took over
Well that gives validity to what I read about them possibly having Premiere League Titles stripped. Which could mean an extra league title for United.

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Sat Feb 15, 2020 11:06 pm

Glorio wrote:
For whatever odd reason, I feel bad for them. I actually feel sorry for certain superb players of the game like Aguero, David Silva, who could be denied the chance to win the Champions League before they retire.

Do I want City as a club to win the Champions League? No! But those players I mentioned do deserve it for their quality, consistency and humility. They're very unlikely to ever do that now, unless they get picked up by real contenders.
I'm pretty sure them and Pep will all just leave. Hopefully this is the end of the City project, maybe they leave and Mansour sells, who knows, one can hope.

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:07 am

Glorio wrote:

Yes, I'm sure they had absolutely no idea where all that extra money was coming from and why they were getting paid more handsomely than any other side on the market could offer them.

Always wondered why transfer circus' used to follow every player in the country (Pogba, Hazard, Sanchez, Suarez) etc yet you never ever saw a story linking any of their world class players with moves

"Beckham... into Sheringham... and Solskjær has won it!"

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

Relly wrote:
Glorio wrote:

I'm pretty sure them and Pep will all just leave. Hopefully this is the end of the City project, maybe they leave and Mansour sells, who knows, one can hope.
And probably takes our manager target as well

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

Relly wrote:
Sigmar wrote:

Well that gives validity to what I read about them possibly having Premiere League Titles stripped. Which could mean an extra league title for United.

And Liverpool

raycreative
International Player
International Player

Sun Feb 16, 2020 7:49 am

As i explained before i was edited i have more important things going on at my club to worry about what is happening at City however before everybody gloats take this into account
City are the only club that have been prepared to invest to take on Liverpool
Without that now likely probablikity to invest and with a strong chance that Pep will go and a few will leave who the hell is going to challenge Liverpool over the next 7-10 years.
Chelsea are about to rebuild,now rge transfer ban is over so that is a small possibility
Spurs are broke and will be paying for the new stadium for the next 10 years
Arsenal neither spend much nor work to a set sensible plan.I can't see that changing
Then there is United :laugh: :laugh: Nuff said

Wait for the new song 30 times,30 times Liverpool FC

Sigmar
First Team Player
First Team Player

Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:18 am

raycreative wrote:
As i explained before i was edited i have more important things going on at my club to worry about what is happening at City however before everybody gloats take this into account
Without that now likely probablikity to invest and with a strong chance that Pep will go and a few will leave who the hell is going to challenge Liverpool over the next 7-10 years.
Chelsea are about to rebuild,now rge transfer ban is over so that is a small possibility
Arsenal neither spend much nor work to a set sensible plan.I can't see that changing

I'm not gloating, I'm concerned for football as a whole, and I am not 100% sure United have played strictly to the rules in every transfer deal they have done, I'm sure questions will be asked about Bebe and Fred and the amount we paid for those two.

Sigmar
First Team Player
First Team Player

Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:23 am

Sandies wrote:
Relly wrote:
Glorio wrote:

And probably takes our manager target as well
I doubt it, there are talks of the FA looking as far back as when the Mansours took over, and how the club has been funded in what has been a meteoric and sustained rise, there is evven talk that it could resultt in them being sent back to league two for the financial irregularities.
Personally I can't see that happening, and any points deduction will probably apply to next season not this one.

My biggest issue is that this is not punishing the club, a £25m fine is nothing, but the players and the fans will be the ones that pay in the long run, what should happen is that the Mansours are forced to sell the club for what they paid for it, and never be allowed to own a sports club again.

raycreative
International Player
International Player

Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:33 pm

Sigmar wrote:
Sun Feb 16, 2020 8:18 am
raycreative wrote:

I'm not gloating, I'm concerned for football as a whole, and I am not 100% sure United have played strictly to the rules in every transfer deal they have done, I'm sure questions will be asked about Bebe and Fred and the amount we paid for those two.
It's a completely different situation at City to the other clubs
The difference is that the Arabs are trying to buy every football trophy available through City
They want to rule every continent hence the clubs in New York,Australia,Japan etc
Thy don't care what it costs and they will find any way they can to try to make it look legal
The only reason it is not legal is the relatively new FFP rule otherwise they would have the same rights as they do in horse racing.
They win the Derby.They build a racecourse with lush grass in the desert.They don't care what it costs as long as they look the dogs bollocks

Money has always had a massive influence in football
In the 1950's and some of the 1960's every player was on a fiver a week cap.The clubs found ways round it to get top players
They used to let you live in a "rented" club house.At the end of your contract you could buy the house at the price it was when you moved in.In those days 10% a year increase in value ws not uncommon.That was legal
They took you on a holiday at the end of the season.Sorry i meant to say tour of places like the USA.You sailed out and back on the Queen Mary and Queen Elizabeth and stayed at 5 star hotels all over the USA.That was legal as long as they only paid you a fiver
You shared a big win pot.That was legal
That was why Stan Matthews played for Blackpool.In the 195's Blackpool was not the shit hole it is now.It was the Riviera of the North.
He liked training on the beach and he never paid for a night out.That was legal
Others liked to live in the capital which is why Spurs and Arsenal did well

Now Bebe was a legal deal.They just overpaid on purpose
His agent Jason Ferguson(SAF's son) dealt with the paperwork after he was "scouted" by Martin Ferguson(SAF's brother).It was all lega though.Who knew he would be a shit player.Same comment on Toscic(same agent and scout)
Now the same applies to Mikitarian and Fred and Falcao and Scweinsteiger etc.They were not crooked deals.Thy were all thought through commercial deals and there is no penalty for that

To sum up i think City will end up with the ban they have or possibly just a year plus the fine.I can't see points deductions nor can i see them going back 5 or 6 years and awarding the league titles to somebody else.What pleasure would United fans get from being awarded a title?
It might help the megastore somehow but i would get no pleasure on being awarded a title from 4 or 5 years ago
I think a 2 year ban might make the Mansours leave and also Pep and a few of the players won't renew but City are not our problem are they?

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:11 pm

Sandies wrote:
Relly wrote:
Sigmar wrote:

And Liverpool
True, sounds like 2014 could be the only one they might take away and that would go to Liverpool.

Dante
Referee
Referee

Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:03 pm

From what I can tell,and its difficult to find information, it's unlikely they would be stripped of any titles. It looks like they would face a big fine, and a possible points deduction for this season (or next if they are waiting until City's appeal with CAS goes through).

RedSte
Reserve Team Coach
Reserve Team Coach

Tue Feb 18, 2020 9:35 pm

clearly they will appeal. I expect the ban to be reduced to 1 season, so they will treat that as a "consolidation season", focus on the domestic trophies again - dont forget no European football will give them a massive advantage in the 20-21 league season.

The Sheikh will tweak a few deals here and there and they will just basically carry on as before.

I am surprised that UEFA have been this bold but ultimately they will back down a little and City will accept a little guilt then life will go on as before :roll:

My old man said be a City fan...

Nothing significant and lasting will ever come of FFP! - RedSte (2012)

Return to “General Football”