Next Match: Image
Valencia in the Champions League.
Wednesday 12th December 2018, KO 20:00 UTC.
Glorio
International Player
International Player

United Transfers - Summer 2018/2019

Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:04 pm

This has been a bit of a downer hasn't it?

Last day of the window and it reminds me of the Ed/Moyes first transfer window.

We seem very juvenile and naive the way we're going about securing a central defender. It's a very scatter gun approach -

We've gone for Harry Macguire off the back of a good world cup (not without howlers btw), and actually offered £60 if Sky sports understand rightly.

Not sure how serious we were about Mina (again, good world cup), but he's having his medical at Everton now.

Toby Alderweireld is to most the man, but we seem to be pinging all around the place. Are we saying we can't get him for £60M considering he already seems to want out?

Recently, we've flirted about with Boateng, and he's looked at us, and not really rated us apparently.

Then today according to Sky Sports - last day of the window, we make a desperate lunch at Atletico's 32 year old captain! How desperate is that??

There is only one GOLDEN BOY

Kinnell
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: United Transfers - Summer 2018/2019

Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:50 pm

Do any of the top players actually want to play for us at the moment ????

We have the manager,players,ex players and fans saying we need more quality players to challenge for honours
but the club doesn't appear interested.

Don't the owners realise that if we start falling off the top table then the goose will stop laying golden eggs.
I fear for the future to be honest. :(

RED3bution
Supporter
Supporter

Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:29 pm

It's confusing. This after Mourinho made a scene on that front.

@Kinnell, Woodward did say Manutd had reached the point where they don't need success on the pitch to achieve record-breaking profits. So....

"You crossed the line first, sir. You squeezed them, you hammered them to the point of desperation. And in their desperation, they turned to a man they didn't fully understand." -The Dark Knight

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:47 pm

This is a terrible transfer window, one of the worst I have seen the club go through in years. We weren't good enough last year and teams like Liverpool made massive improvements. Do the owners actually think this will work?

Just a random thought as I was typing this, could be a behind the scenes power play where the owners are trying to force Mourinho to quit? Not sure, just a theory, but I doubt he will be here at Christmas.

"Make America Great Again!"

Glorio
International Player
International Player

Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:12 pm

I was thinking that Relly. They may not foresee him being around in the near future, which may be why they're refusing to sell players he wants to sell, and why they're not trusting him with more transfers.

They may be biding their time and waiting for a new manager.

Tbh, last season wasn't bad in terms of results. It was just the terrible style, the giving up to title so meekly to City, all José's players he seems to have some form of beef with, and all the defeatist rethoric that became synonymous with him once we began to lose pace.

The man bought Mikhi, Pogba, Lukaku, Bailly, Zlatan, Matic, Lindelof. Zlatan is gone, and out of that bunch, the only pair he trusts are Matic and Lukaku. In fact, the only players he bought that he gets on with are those who have previously worked for him. That's a worry. Man management used to be his forte, not so much now!

There is only one GOLDEN BOY

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:19 pm

Well he needs to start kissing Pogba's ass. Pogba isn't my favourite player, but Pogba performing is our only hope this season.

I wish the owners would have had the balls to sack him this summer. And I don't say that lightly, I have always been a fan of Mourinho, but there is something concerning going on at the club and I don't see how it won't affect our results this year.

"Make America Great Again!"

RedSte
Reserve Team Coach
Reserve Team Coach

Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:43 pm

Ray will be LHAO at this transfer window.

And as far as "geese laying golden eggs " gp, so long as we qualify for the CL, that goose will keep on laying to the Glazers content!

Also this is season 3 for Mourimho and theres no way he ever gets to season 4..so theres probably a bit of an angle of not spending wildly for picks of a manager who wont be here in 12 months!

My old man said be a City fan...

Nothing significant and lasting will ever come of FFP! - RedSte (2012)

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter

Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:26 pm

I think another aspect that "The Board" (ED) is looking at is the type of player that Mourinho want to bring in. All are at the top of their price range with little or no sell on value, with the exception of Pogba and Zlatan none have been what I think of as commercial value and his track record on transfers at United has not been great.

Add to these factors that he hasn't stayed at a club for over three years and therefore the next manager will want to bring in their own players. The final piece could be that winning the premier and champions league might would make selling the badge a little easier but in and of themselves don't generate same percentage of cash that they used to.

I can't believe it. I can't believe it. Football. Bloody hell.

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:34 am

Relly wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:47 pm
This is a terrible transfer window, one of the worst I have seen the club go through in years. We weren't good enough last year and teams like Liverpool made massive improvements. Do the owners actually think this will work?

Just a random thought as I was typing this, could be a behind the scenes power play where the owners are trying to force Mourinho to quit? Not sure, just a theory, but I doubt he will be here at Christmas.
I don't think its a conspiracy to sack him. I think they believe he wont be there long and didn't back him short term.

Which begs the question why they gave him a shiny new contract next season. Why did they not back him in this season. Why are they and why is ed making calls on the football side of the club.

We finished 19 points behind second and they didnt invest anything at all into this side? what a fornicate joke

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... cash-fears

This article is from Daniel Taylor who is right up there in the inner sanctum and practically confirms Woodward sat their on his fornicate ass for 3 months doing nothing. They had zero fornicate intention in helping Jose invest in this side.

Complaining about agents fees and prices when Ed himself is happy to indulge and make statements like we can do things only other clubs can dream of

Meanwhile I see we signed a new whiskey partner ... how grand

"Beckham... into Sheringham... and Solskjær has won it!"

Dante
Referee
Referee

Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:21 am

Not being willing to go in for short term solutions when you brought in Jose in the first place is a bit lol.

We were well behind City last season, and we've not advanced this close season. Lets hope for one hell of an improvement from some of the kids.

RedSte
Reserve Team Coach
Reserve Team Coach

Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:46 pm

Radio station Talksport have been speculating tonight that as John Terry is now a free agent, Jose has worked well with him at Stamford Bridge and United's CBs are crap, that might United not want to consider picking him up???

Thoughts? :shock:

Ole
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain

Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:54 pm

Talksport is fornicate gash.

Udit Misra
Academy Player
Academy Player

Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:54 am

RedSte wrote:
Radio station Talksport have been speculating tonight that as John Terry is now a free agent, Jose has worked well with him at Stamford Bridge and United's CBs are crap, that might United not want to consider picking him up???

Aside from the fact that he's past it and I can't stand him - Terry won't play for another team in the prem. He's said it himself several times.

RedSte
Reserve Team Coach
Reserve Team Coach

Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:52 pm

But apart from that you think it could happen right? :laugh:

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter

Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:01 pm

The John Terry speculation is typical of todays media; throw out a speculative comment, wait to see if it gains traction on social media, if it does then come out with it again and maybe get another view, otherwise; throw out another speculative comment.

Once the comment has runs it course; throw out a new speculative comment.

I can't believe it. I can't believe it. Football. Bloody hell.

Udit Misra
Academy Player
Academy Player

Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:46 am

RedSte wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:52 pm
But apart from that you think it could happen right? :laugh:
Yep, for sure :laugh:

Udit Misra
Academy Player
Academy Player

Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:59 am

RedSte wrote:

Atleast we know this isn't happening now. :laugh:

Return to “General Football”