Next Match: Image
Valencia in the Champions League.
Wednesday 12th December 2018, KO 20:00 UTC.
Short Back and Sides
Referee
Referee

Summer 2018. What do we need?

Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:43 pm

Now the World Cup is over and we have made 3 signings what else do we need?

For me, i would say another 3 signings.
Firstly I would be getting rid of dead wood.

Smalling
Jones
Darmian
Blind
Mata

First off I'd go with a centre half. Alderweireld or a Bonucci or Godin. An experienced centre half no nonsense. Partner him with Bailley with Rojo, Lindelof TFM and Tuanzebe for backup and rotation.

A right winger. Out and out right winger. We have players on the left. We have 10s, support strikers, attacking midfielders whatever you want to call it. I want to see us sign someone who will hug the touchline, beat a man with pace and/or skill and put the ball in the right areas for Lukaku.

Utility defender. This is probably a tricky one. I'd quite happily sign a 26 year old OShea. Someone who can play across the back with minimal fuss. Will be steady when called upon without being too much of a dramatic signing. We have a lot of players in defence who aren't at their peak. Some are a way off it yet. We just need someone who can come in and steady the ship when needed due to injuries or excess matches.

What kind of player do you want to see us sign?

100% Top Red

Dante
Referee
Referee

Re: Summer 2018. What do we need?

Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:18 pm

We dont play with touchline hugging wingers though. If we signed someone what formation are we playing and who does it on the left?

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:19 pm

I would buy Alderweireld, Perisic, and Milinković-Savić.

I would sell Jones, Smalling, Mata and Darmian. and Martial.

I wouldn't have sold Blind because now we need more players just like Blind. But I think Jose froze him out because he was a LVG player.

I would entertain offers for Pogba because he is too inconsistent and cares more about his hair and social media then focusing on his game. Can't stand him to be honest.

"Make America Great Again!"

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:14 am

Relly wrote:

I wouldn't have sold Blind because now we need more players just like Blind. But I think Jose froze him out because he was a LVG player.

I would entertain offers for Pogba because he is too inconsistent and cares more about his hair and social media then focusing on his game. Can't stand him to be honest.
Is that you Graeme Souness

Blind was frozen out because he's not good enough. Just like Darmian Shaw etc Difference is Blind was keen to move to another club and play regular football whereas it looks like the others are happy to keep their pay checks

I would spend all the time energy and money in the world to buy Alderweireld
A left back - Sandro?
And a right winger - Mahrez would've been perfect - sadly don't think well know who he is by the end of the season

"Beckham... into Sheringham... and Solskjær has won it!"

Short Back and Sides
Referee
Referee

Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:39 am

Sandies wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:14 am
Relly wrote:

Is that you Graeme Souness

Blind was frozen out because he's not good enough. Just like Darmian Shaw etc Difference is Blind was keen to move to another club and play regular football whereas it looks like the others are happy to keep their pay checks

I would spend all the time energy and money in the world to buy Alderweireld
A left back - Sandro?
And a right winger - Mahrez would've been perfect - sadly don't think well know who he is by the end of the season
A bit harsh considering Darmian is looking for a move for more football and Shaw has said this is probably his last chance at United to get some game time before he will have to move too. I don't think you find many professional footballers beyond around 23 before 30 who don't want to play as regular as they can

100% Top Red

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter

Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:01 pm

As United fans we have been fortunate to have had some of the best center back pairing in football, our expectations are extremely high. Adding to the great CD pairing we have also had outstanding CB combinations that in took the defensive burden from our wingers and in many cases started our offense. Having a dominant back line allows the midfielders and attackers a great deal of freedom to express themselves. IMO a key element for us this upcoming season will be having a back line that Mourinho is comfortable enough with to allow the midfielders and attackers to go forward and express themselves. Bringing in an experienced player who can marshal the back four will be critical, but first someone(s) have to be let go.

Smalling - Will shows glimpses of being a good defender and the next moment will have you wondering how he can possibly make a living as a football player. After all his years in the Premiership he still look terrified when he is on the ball.

Jones - When healthy he plays one step away from a major screw up, the best component of his skill is his recovery - but should that be what you look for in a CD?

Rojo -Another one who plays on the very edge and therefore is prone to injury or a red card.

Bailly - Looked like beast at the start of season but then got injured and for whatever reason got into Mourinho’s bad book and we never saw him again.

Lindelöf - Put in a number of decent games towards the end of last season. I think the physicality and speed of the premier league caught him a bit by surprise. Played well in the WC for whatever that’s worth.

Even without considering the youngsters, that’s a lot of options for two starting positions. If we are to bring in an experienced center back, and I think we need to, then at least one and maybe two of current players.

My money would be on Jones and Smalling.

I can't believe it. I can't believe it. Football. Bloody hell.

Dante
Referee
Referee

Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:17 pm

Lindelof has been utter shit in a United shirt.

Bailly is the only one I have any confidence in.

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:55 pm

Dante wrote:
Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:17 pm
Lindelof has been utter shit in a United shirt.

Bailly is the only one I have any confidence in.
Unfortunately Jose doesn't

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:11 pm

Forgot the window closes early this year. We better get at it! Although I am preparing myself of disappointment.

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:32 am

Relly wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:11 pm
Forgot the window closes early this year. We better get at it! Although I am preparing myself of disappointment.
Laughable decision from clubs to move the date forward

Give them less time to prepare after a World
Cup and giving other teams a chance to poach their players without the ability to sign replacements

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter

Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:24 pm

If my cypher-in is correct we have 19 days before the window closes, I'd authorize Ed to work over time if he needs to. I would love to be proven wrong but I don't think Ed is up to that type of negotiations, however; he is more that capable of getting three more sleeve sponsors in that time.

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:01 pm

ArizonaRed wrote:
If my cypher-in is correct we have 19 days before the window closes, I'd authorize Ed to work over time if he needs to. I would love to be proven wrong but I don't think Ed is up to that type of negotiations, however; he is more that capable of getting three more sleeve sponsors in that time.
I heard he's firing up the jet, so prepare for nothing to happen for 18 more days at least.

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter

Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:05 pm

Relly wrote:
Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:01 pm
ArizonaRed wrote:
I heard he's firing up the jet, so prepare for nothing to happen for 18 more days at least.
I so miss the days of "emergency trip back to England" from Australia to sign Fellaini three weeks later.

Dante
Referee
Referee

Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:32 pm

Boats take a while to get back.

Devil Pikney
Lifetime Supporter
Lifetime Supporter

Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:03 pm

Particularly if it goes by way of Hawaii :whistle:

Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;None but ourselves can free our minds.

"Eric Cantona is a great player, but he's not as good as Ryan Giggs" - Johan Cruyff

"Maybe one day people will say I was another Ryan Giggs" - George Best

HuSsAiN
International Player
International Player

Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:43 am

need a full-back, not sure how that dalot player is going to be.

A centre-back, and a winger especially if Martial goes (seems likely now).

I would get rid of Jones.

I'll keep smalling but only as a back-up, bailey(new signing), lindelof, ,rojo, should be the centre-backs.

Watch your thoughts; they become words.
Watch your words; they become actions.
Watch your actions; they become habits.
Watch your habits; they become character.
Watch your character; it becomes your destiny!

HuSsAiN

Kinnell
Academy Player
Academy Player

Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:54 am

HuSsAiN wrote:
Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:43 am
need a full-back, not sure how that dalot player is going to be.

A centre-back, and a winger especially if Martial goes (seems likely now).

I would get rid of Jones.

I'll keep smalling but only as a back-up, bailey(new signing), lindelof, ,rojo, should be the centre-backs.
I agree so why the hell weren't we in for Mahrez.A bargain at today's stupid transfer fees.
I would also go for another striker because without Lukaku we haven't got another double figures goal scorer.

How about Olivier Giroud,a very underrated striker in my opinion.Could be a match winner.

Return to “General Football”