Next Match: Image
AZ Alkmaar in the Europa League.
Thursday 12th December 2019, KO 20:00 UTC.
Martin
Supporter
Supporter

Salah

Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:36 pm

Let's be honest he's fantastic and has had an unbelievable debut season.

Will break the scoring record for a 38 game PL season and maybe even the 42 game PL season.

Make football fabulous again!

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Salah

Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:46 pm

He is almost the perfect storm; a very talented player, who pretty much slipped under the radar and ended up at a team that plays he type of football that highlights his talents to the maximum.

I can't believe it. I can't believe it. Football. Bloody hell.

Glorio
International Player
International Player

Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:12 pm

ArizonaRed wrote:
He is almost the perfect storm; a very talented player, who pretty much slipped under the radar and ended up at a team that plays he type of football that highlights his talents to the maximum.
However you look at it, he and De Bruyne are a stain on Jose's management style

There is only one GOLDEN BOY

Martin
Supporter
Supporter

Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:54 pm

Selling KDB and Salah doesn't look great tbh.

Lukaku as well maybe.

Make football fabulous again!

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter

Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:26 am

Glorio wrote:
ArizonaRed wrote:
I totally agree about that off loading Salah and De Bruyne was a major screwup by Mourinho, but like Martial I don't think its because he didn't think they where potentially great players but because they could not play the role that he wanted them to play. This is my biggest problem with Mourinho; he is so inflexible that even when he has a truly great prospect - Martil & Rashford - he will not alter his style of play to take advantage of them.

I can't believe it. I can't believe it. Football. Bloody hell.

RedSte
Reserve Team Coach
Reserve Team Coach

Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:33 pm

ArizonaRed wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:26 am
Glorio wrote:
ArizonaRed wrote:
I totally agree about that off loading Salah and De Bruyne was a major screwup by Mourinho, but like Martial I don't think its because he didn't think they where potentially great players but because they could not play the role that he wanted them to play. This is my biggest problem with Mourinho; he is so inflexible that even when he has a truly great prospect - Martil & Rashford - he will not alter his style of play to take advantage of them.
This is why he will never be a great manager in my book. Great at inspirational speeches and mind games but managing is SO much more than that!

My old man said be a City fan...

Nothing significant and lasting will ever come of FFP! - RedSte (2012)

RED3bution
Supporter
Supporter

Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:27 am

@RedSte. A manager's greatness ought to be measured by the level of success he brings to the clubs he manages as opposed to this measure you use. The manager's signature style more than anything should be something that adds to his prestige in the minimum. Mourinho is one of the most consistent managers I have seen, right along Arsene Wenger. The pragmatist and the romanticist.

Far be it from me or you to suggest that, should Pogba go on to become what he promises, then the great SAF who allowed him leave would not look so great. Salah and De Bruyne were like kids when Mourinho was in charge of them and they just couldn't fit his vision for them. In a high-player turnover environment such as Chelsea's (at some point they had 2 football teams on loan in Europe) this is understandable based on expectations. Should we turn around and say they were lesser players for not adapting well? He sold them instead of waiting 3-4 years for them to blossom. I don't think that's a lack of vision, he just cuts his losses and moves on quicker than most. We experienced the same with Diego Forlan, league style and cultural factors aside. Who would have thought.

http://www.espn.com/soccer/liverpool/st ... rgen-klopp

http://www.goal.com/en-us/lists/the-pla ... htqt7xcb68

"You crossed the line first, sir. You squeezed them, you hammered them to the point of desperation. And in their desperation, they turned to a man they didn't fully understand." -The Dark Knight

Kinnell
Academy Player
Academy Player

Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:35 am

I think Mourinho is being judged a bit unfairly regarding De Bruyne and Salah.I've read that he pleaded with Chelsea to send De Bruyne out on loan
so he could adjust to the pace of the Premier league but they ignored him and sold the player to Wolfsburg against his wishes.
Salah was on loan at Roma when Jose was sacked and Chelsea sold him to them after he had left.

I don't recall the big clubs of Europe ie Barca,Real,Bayern or PSG showing any interest in either player then.
Why didn't City or Liverpool buy them then?

Return to “General Football”