Next Match: Image
Brighton in the Premier League.
Saturday 26th September 2020, KO 12:30 UTC.
Ole
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain

Pre/Post Match Discussion: Europa League vs Sevilla (n)

Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:11 pm

Image vs. Image

Sevilla in the Europa League.
Sunday 16th August 2020, KO 20:00 UTC.

Goku
Reserve
Reserve

Re: Pre/Post Match Discussion: Europa League vs Sevilla (n)

Tue Aug 11, 2020 10:19 pm

I think we'll win this 3-0. But Germany is hot. I have to be on call working extra hour during this pandemic

Ole's young boys are gonna smash them all!!

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:14 am

Revenge for Jose

"Beckham... into Sheringham... and Solskjær has won it!"

Goku
Reserve
Reserve

Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:28 pm

We are wasteful. But it was a long season hot and long in Germany. I don't know why we just don't stick with the cup keeper in the semifinals.

We need better finishing in semi finals. But anyways we just looked out of steam in the end.

raycreative
International Player
International Player

Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:25 am

Goku wrote:
We are wasteful. But it was a long season hot and long in Germany. I don't know why we just don't stick with the cup keeper in the semifinals.

We need better finishing in semi finals. But anyways we just looked out of steam in the end.
What is your point when you say "i don't know why we just don't stick with the cup keeper in the semi finals"
Are you honestly believing that playing DDG ahead of Romero made any difference whatsoever
You might prefer to say "i don't know why we played Fred ahead of Matic?"

The reason we lost is that Bruno has tired and Seville are no mugs.They were tactically slightly better than us.They worked out how to minimize the impact of Pogba and Bruno
What was showed was that when we were in desperate need of something special at the end the best we could turn to was an ageing Mata,Fosu Mensah,James and Ighalo.Not much hope is there really a coz they are all very bad

Either way the season is over.
We have done better(just) than any of us hoped for.
3 semi finals is not bad (even though we were well beaten in all 3) plus a top 4 spot(even though we never challenged or even hinted at challenging) for the title is the best that we could have expected from this average squad
So now it becomes the same as City which is how badly do we want to be at the top to challenge Liverpool for the league and Bayern Munich for the Champions League
t is plain to see what is needed at City-A centre half, a replacement for Silva and a replacement/cover for Aquerro.Let's see what they get and then compare to what United need and get ie a centre half,a right winger and a centre forward plus 4 or 5 "good" squad members to replace Jones,Smalling,Jesse,Ighalo,James

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:59 am

Not going to win anything that Fanny swede at the back.

This season showed where we're at

3rd in the league
Knocked out of the semi finals in 3 competitions

And even that was overachieving
'
If the club is serious about being a football club and taking it to the next step, they'll back Ole in here.

Anything else and we'll now the truth

"Beckham... into Sheringham... and Solskjær has won it!"

raycreative
International Player
International Player

Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:36 am

Not sure what you mean with "we'll know the truth" and"if we are serious about being a football club"
You already know the truth.
It is a bit like American politics
It is the Glazers and Woodward = cash profit for them alone and nothing else

We have not been about being a football club since they took over
Football and footballers were only important when they generated profit
The results have never mattered
Investment in players and manager has been purely based on probability of shirt sales plus VIP packages to Norwegians and Chinese

Some people are of the opinion that Ole is a shrewd operator as he found and signed Bruno
That's bollocks
With my knowledge of United's current transfer policy i know they are buying players best classified as lottery tickets
They buy mostly cheap,in todays market,players and hope they turn into something special
They bought Bruno for less than £50m and his salary is £100k a week.Compared to a proven player like Pogba that is not a lot
He will still be on £100k a week at the end of his contract in 6 years.At Liverpool or City he would now be on £175k a week

In the other buys like Fred and James you can see the lottery ticket mentality
Some make it,some don't and most are mid table players
They stick with shit like Cleverley and Wellbeck and the pea and Jones and Smalling and Sanchez and Perriera for ever
They flog to death old top or injusred players like Mata and Schweinsteiger and Falcao and Zlatan the shirt seller
These players are not part of a progressive football club.They are part of a merchandising advertising agency
Kompany and Silva have left City quite correctly.United would be awarding them both a two year new contract

If you are waiting for the summer investment you will be disappointed.Not maybe not possibly but definately
Everybody knows it,.Everybody says it
It will be a cheap centre half and a commercial number 7 and a commercial number 9 at best
No squad strengthening.No director of football.Very little communication will come from the top about what and why
Just the club spin doctor testing the commercial water about Sancho and Muller and Messi and of course Robben

Goku
Reserve
Reserve

Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:40 pm

raycreative wrote:
Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:25 am
Goku wrote:

What is your point when you say "i don't know why we just don't stick with the cup keeper in the semi finals"
Are you honestly believing that playing DDG ahead of Romero made any difference whatsoever
You might prefer to say "i don't know why we played Fred ahead of Matic?"

The reason we lost is that Bruno has tired and Seville are no mugs.They were tactically slightly better than us.They worked out how to minimize the impact of Pogba and Bruno
What was showed was that when we were in desperate need of something special at the end the best we could turn to was an ageing Mata,Fosu Mensah,James and Ighalo.Not much hope is there really a coz they are all very bad

Either way the season is over.
We have done better(just) than any of us hoped for.
3 semi finals is not bad (even though we were well beaten in all 3) plus a top 4 spot(even though we never challenged or even hinted at challenging) for the title is the best that we could have expected from this average squad
So now it becomes the same as City which is how badly do we want to be at the top to challenge Liverpool for the league and Bayern Munich for the Champions League
t is plain to see what is needed at City-A centre half, a replacement for Silva and a replacement/cover for Aquerro.Let's see what they get and then compare to what United need and get ie a centre half,a right winger and a centre forward plus 4 or 5 "good" squad members to replace Jones,Smalling,Jesse,Ighalo,James

I just think Rom is a good luck charm. The fact is maybe matic could have started yeah. Williams is not LB coz his left foot is weak. Defending on both goals a joke and we should have won 5-2.

We take long to get deals done and that’s the problem. We have a good attack but they need back up. I think James has potential, he should be given a chance. Problem is we have a plan but the Glazers are running us as a business and not a football club.

I don’t think we over achieved we ascended when Bruno came in now we just have to get a left footed CB, CDM and a sancho.

But the rate we do deals are at a lazy pace. If the Glazers want to milk us then they should at least give us the combat power to challenge. I feel we close but hopefully not so far.

Return to “U-N-I-T-E-D”