Next Match: Image
Crystal Palace in the Premier League.
Saturday 19th September 2020, KO 17:30 UTC.
Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Transfers in and out

Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:16 pm

raycreative wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:33 pm
Just watched Di Maria and Herrara totaly dominate the champions league semi final
We had them both but let them go and now we have Fred,MacCleverley and Fred.Joke really

Especially when you look at the other European league and see Ashley Young thriving and Lukaku who now can't stop scoring as he now has somebody to play with.We have Ighalo!!!Sanchez is improved as well

Then you look at the rest of the PSG superstars
Mbappe,Neymar
Rememeber we were in for them for 2 seasons.Ed Woodward just forgot to tell them/by them like Sancho and Robben
DiMaria is your typical south american mercenary. He used United to get out of Real, clearly never wanted to be here, never put in an effort and left as soon as he could. We could have forced him to stay, but we would never get those kinds of performances out of him. I will be cheering hard for Bayern on Sunday, just because I don't want that cocksucker to get a win.

"Make America Great Again!"

Ole
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain

Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:10 pm

To be fair, all those creaming themselves about Lukaku, he’s playing in a league that’s five times slower than the premier league and his first touch is still shit.

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

Wed Aug 19, 2020 5:33 am

Relly wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:21 pm
Did I miss something? It seems like Sancho is a completely dead deal now.
You didnt miss anything

Ed being a Dick'ED

"Beckham... into Sheringham... and Solskjær has won it!"

raycreative
International Player
International Player

Wed Aug 19, 2020 7:13 am

Relly wrote:
raycreative wrote:
Just watched Di Maria and Herrara totaly dominate the champions league semi final
We had them both but let them go and now we have Fred,MacCleverley and Fred.Joke really

Especially when you look at the other European league and see Ashley Young thriving and Lukaku who now can't stop scoring as he now has somebody to play with.We have Ighalo!!!Sanchez is improved as well

Mbappe,Neymar
Rememeber we were in for them for 2 seasons.Ed Woodward just forgot to tell them/by them like Sancho and Robben
DiMaria is your typical south american mercenary. He used United to get out of Real, clearly never wanted to be here, never put in an effort and left as soon as he could. We could have forced him to stay, but we would never get those kinds of performances out of him. I will be cheering hard for Bayern on Sunday, just because I don't want that cocksucker to get a win.
Relly wrote:
raycreative wrote:

Mbappe,Neymar
Jesus Ben

Do you believe all the bullshit and lies you are fed
You could not be more upside down with your understanding of the Di Maria deal if you tried

He had just won the European Cup with Real Madrid and never saw the transfer to United coming.
He never wanted the transfer and he was happy at Madrid, but at the time United borrowed enough cash to add to the debt to pay a world record amount for him
They told him they were going to build around him
He thought they meant a team but they meant a brand
They gave him the shirt selling number 7 and backed it up with the massive signings of Fosu Mensah,Daley Blind,Rojo,Luke Shaw and Falcao on one leg
He gave it a try and even won player of the month in his second full month but never wanted to be at United and never settled
He was always ambitious and is now in a different league to most Manchester United players and playing in another Champions League final which nobody at Manchester United will do in your lifetime if the Glazers stay in charge

raycreative
International Player
International Player

Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:34 am

Got our first major signing

Jurado-Who???
A 15 year old they got cheap from Barcelona

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:32 am

Relly wrote:
raycreative wrote:

Mbappe,Neymar
Never has a truer word on this board been spoking.

Di Maria was a little fanny. The minute the weather got a little colder, he packed it in. Sat down on the pitch 5 minutes into game.

I don't care where he wanted to be. i don't like my job either. But I earn my salary and give back for what they're paying me.

Signings like Di Maria are what set this club back. Woodward's galacticos approach found us with so many hacks who didn't want to be here but we getting paid handsomely to do it.

I trust Ole to find us the right signings - just don't trust Ed to follow through and get them

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Thu Aug 20, 2020 4:16 pm

Maybe Ray can shed more light on this, but I read this morning the Sancho transfer is above Woodward, that it's Joel Glazer who personally said he would not meet Dortmunds asking for the player.

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

Fri Aug 21, 2020 12:07 am

There was an article in The Athletic, however Dortmund have made no secret of their need to sell. Make the offer, and if they reject, move on to new targets. Don't waste all summer when it's reported we haven't even made a bid yet

raycreative
International Player
International Player

Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:56 am

Relly wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 4:16 pm
Maybe Ray can shed more light on this, but I read this morning the Sancho transfer is above Woodward, that it's Joel Glazer who personally said he would not meet Dortmunds asking for the player.

I can't give you an any accurate information on this as neither Ed Woodward or any of the Glazer family ever telephone me but i can draw your attention to things most of us know and presumptions that help us understand the situation

I am sure the Glazer family have to sign off any any transfers in.I suspect they let Ed Woodward deal with anything out like Sanchez,Smalling,and the likes that make a saving to the wage bill/expenses
I believe they let Ed Woodward and Matt Judge deal with players contracts and i am of the opinion that the Glazers will just sign those off without more than a cursory glance

We have not heard a word from Ed Woodward about positin,policy and the like for many many months
If you weren't a United fan or follower you wouldn't know who owned United as the Glazers have not visited or commented on the club for possibly 2 years
What we do know is that debt is going up as the club borrowed the entire requirements plus a bit more to buy the last two transfer ie Maguire and Wan Bassaka
We know the last time the name Glazer was mentioned was when the sisiter Darcie used United to secure two massive multi million pounds loans for god knows what
We know the interest payments for the debt is creeping up and as there wasn't the slightest hint of getting he debt down before the virus there surely won't be any inclination to do it now

What that hints at is there is no cash in the club
We know from many many years of proof that the Glazer dividends come first and foremost and after that it is everybody for themselves
With season tickets sales guaranteed to decline as well as TV income there will be a further squeeze on the readies
Whether United actually want to sign Sancho is anybody's guess.It will be based on purely income only and will also be affected by United's ability to borrow c£100m which is a big "if"
We also assume that the Glazers will have the same financial issues with the Tampa Bay Buccs and nobody ever mentions the dead in the water shopping malls.Do they still have a problem with them?

A friend of mine who is an agent for Eastern block players has offered several players to United via Matt Judge and has been told United are only interested in "cheap" players to fill the number 7 and number 9 positions and must have a commercial angle

So to sum up don't expect too much.Just smoke and mirrors and the odd unheard of signing like the 15 year old they have just got for nowt from Barcelona

raycreative
International Player
International Player

Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:24 pm

Chelsea buying
Arsenal buying
City buying and bought
Liverpool don't need

Tottenham and United are doing what they do best
Nothing!!!!
There's not a bleet and the season starts in a week and a half.Well done again Ed Woodward

raycreative
International Player
International Player

Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:08 pm

Just read an interesting article about an interview by LVG with Four Four Two
Bear in mind two things
1 LVG has no reason to tell lies and if he had or was talking slander he would be sued
2 He is now out of the time when he will have signed to keep quiet

He tells that he discussed and gave Ed Woodward a list of 10 players he wanted
They are
Neymar
Lewandowski
Higuain
Mahrez
Thomas Muller
Kante
Ramos
Hummels
James Milner

He even tried to sell Neymar to the board by impressing how many shirts he would sell
LVG was stupidly of the opinion that as this was a big club he was thinking big
Not for one minute did he expect all 10 he says but he did expect more than NONE
Silly fellow!!!!

Jose will be next to tell a similar story i am sure

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:54 pm

Chelsea spending of upwards 250 million after finishing 1 point behind us. Firmly backing their young manager

What a fornicate joke. And you know 3/4 months from now Solskjaer will be the one to pay for it...

HuSsAiN
International Player
International Player

Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:43 am

an absolute joke..

but hey we just gave dean henderson a bumper contract.. 120k a week... for a back up keeper

our wage salary is a joke..

jones - 100k a week
jesse - 100k a week
hendo - 120 k a week
maguire - 180k a week

Whenever we get into CL, we never strengthen.. we are run by a business..

Like Ray says, it's not LVG fault.. it's not jose's fault.. it's not Ole's fault either..

Watch your thoughts; they become words.
Watch your words; they become actions.
Watch your actions; they become habits.
Watch your habits; they become character.
Watch your character; it becomes your destiny!

HuSsAiN

raycreative
International Player
International Player

Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:28 am

The season is now only one week away and you have not heard a murmur from Ed Woodward

Ole has clearly been told to say nothing as well as they might have well have all died judging by the silence

So far we have let Sanchez go
Smalling is on the way out and you would expect others like Jones and Rojo to follow
That added to about 20 young players released means a nice wages saving

Apart from the gossip,started by United's spin doctor/press liason about Sancho there is not a hint of anybody of note being looked at
That also sounds like a non starter

Not even a hint about Messi but i have a theory about that
I am of the opinion that United are looking at a couple of cheap no marks in the hope they get one/both for next to nothing
They can then sell them to the fans as the next Bruno

If you go for or put out through the press you are going for the worlds best footballer,even at his age and end up with a no mark it is commercially a bad image
And United's image is very important to them
It's like Donald Trump.It's not what you do but what people believe you do
The press keep saying that United are in a strong position to buy the worlds best due to their financial clout in current world economics.
I think they are broke.I don't think they have any cash spare and they are certainly acting that way

It's no longer frustrating.It's now expected
I have been telling fans this for 10 years and only now are some fans agreeing

HuSsAiN
International Player
International Player

Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:46 pm

Summer going well

captain facing trial for assaulting police

star player pogba has covid-19

right back wan bisakka missing preseason due to quarantine (he went dubai)

not a hint of transfer activity..

over to you ole.. all the best

Watch your thoughts; they become words.
Watch your words; they become actions.
Watch your actions; they become habits.
Watch your habits; they become character.
Watch your character; it becomes your destiny!

HuSsAiN

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:59 pm

HuSsAiN wrote:
Summer going well

After a good finish to the season that showed some hope for a brighter future we have all been brought back down to earth.

raycreative
International Player
International Player

Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:35 pm

You have only been brought back down to earth because you became a football fan again and forgot this is purely,simply and only a business
It is not a sporting club with any ambitions and hasn't been for the last 15 years
It has been mostly in decline as a sports club and any slight upwards curve is pure luck
Still no director of football,still no academy,still no back up,still no plan for the future
Ring any bells???

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:37 am

Relly wrote:
Thu Aug 27, 2020 3:59 pm
HuSsAiN wrote:
Summer going well

After a good finish to the season that showed some hope for a brighter future we have all been brought back down to earth.
The thing that gets me is that ole will be the one that pays for it with his job

Woodwards gets to name his 6th coach and a new salary to go with it for the sterling job he's doing

raycreative
International Player
International Player

Sun Aug 30, 2020 8:38 am

I don't know how far this will go but i am haering they are looking at Eddison Cavani
Having left Monaco at the end of his contract at the end of last season he ticks a lot of Ed Woodward's boxes
ie
No transfer fee to pay
33 years old
Shirt seller

Now the big negative
He wants a lot of money as he has no transfer fee, but United want to offer him a relatively small salary plus a share of profit of shirt sales
Watch this space

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:14 pm

Sky Sports understands that we have agreed a fee for Donny Van de Beek. An exciting young player at 40 mil, but I wonder where he will fit in in the team and while I would be happy with this signing, it doesn't address our real issues.

Goku
Reserve
Reserve

Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:12 am

I don't know about DDG putting in a transfer request? But be that as it may We made DDG unsellable due to his wages.

Now Henderson vs DDG it can't be good to have 2 of the top 5 keepers in the prem at one club. Basically both are unsellible now.

Sometimes keepers do take a dip in form and then come back. Keeppers are a different breed they need confidence and not pressure. If one makes a mistake the media will sharpen their pencils.

As for Donny van der Beek he is all energy and hopefully the beginning of a revolution.

Ole's young boys are gonna smash them all!!

raycreative
International Player
International Player

Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:23 pm

And now Henderson is stirring the shit.He says he is happy to fight DDG for first spot but now he is quoted as saying if he doesn't get his chance by Xmas he wants to be away.
Donny van der Beek is an exciting recruit but don't forget he is changing leagues.Let's hope this is not a problem as it started to look to me like Bruno was struggling for energy for the last 3 or 4 games of last season.This season will not be any easier

All in all this transfer window has been the usual disaster
Payment for van der Beek,over the next 3 years, is covered by the savings of Sanchez's wages
We are still short the same 3 positions as we have been for a while ie centre half,winger and centre forward with no signs
We are still full of shit ie Perreira,Jesse,James,Jones(out injured already until January),Smalling,Fred,Mata
A big big mess and the normal season starts the day after tomorrow

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:29 pm

raycreative wrote:
And now Henderson is stirring the shit.He says he is happy to fight DDG for first spot but now he is quoted as saying if he doesn't get his chance by Xmas he wants to be away.
He signed away his leverage. 5 year deal what standing does he have claiming he wants to leave

Goku
Reserve
Reserve

Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:28 pm

raycreative wrote:
Donny van der Beek is an exciting recruit but don't forget he is changing leagues.Let's hope this is not a problem as it started to look to me like Bruno was struggling for energy for the last 3 or 4 games of last season.This season will not be any easier

Payment for van der Beek,over the next 3 years, is covered by the savings of Sanchez's wages
We are still short the same 3 positions as we have been for a while ie centre half,winger and centre forward with no signs
We are still full of shit ie Perreira,Jesse,James,Jones(out injured already until January),Smalling,Fred,Mata
Well of coz Ole's track record on signings are good. Of coz he is a young manager and he is coaching them young boys. As he put it but I feel this keeper situation is a bit out of control.

Anyways Smalling will leave, I don't know.about Fred. Bruno can't start every game no attacking player can. That's why we need greenwood and sancho so we can rotate a bit. We already have some players that played well and some poor.

I hope this season we go for it.

Ole's young boys are gonna smash them all!!

raycreative
International Player
International Player

Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:21 pm

Goku wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:28 pm
raycreative wrote:

Well of coz Ole's track record on signings are good. Of coz he is a young manager and he is coaching them young boys. As he put it but I feel this keeper situation is a bit out of control.

Anyways Smalling will leave, I don't know.about Fred. Bruno can't start every game no attacking player can. That's why we need greenwood and sancho so we can rotate a bit. We already have some players that played well and some poor.

I hope this season we go for it.
I am not sure which transfers you are watching to be able to say that Ole's transfer record is good
He took over on 19th December 2018 and in that first transfer window he signed NOBODY
He let Fellaini go,which was fair enough but he didn't replace him.Fellaini was not a class act but s an impact player he was spot on.

2019/20
Ole brought in Dan James who is shit,Ighalo on loan who is a shit Watford quality player
Wan-Bassaka is OK but he is not improving.As soon as the game kicks off he is out of position.Most top wingers give him a hard time as he gives them too much space.He is a top half of the league player but he can't cross a ball.There are better
Maguire is good but desperately needs a mate that it looks like he ain't getting and Bruno has had a very good start
I make that two and a half good signings and scraped into the Champions league places
Anybody other than Goku think we have a serious chance of challenging Bayern Munich,Liverpool,City,PSG or even Chelsea for the champions league??
Anybody other than Goku think we have a chance with this squad of challenging Liverpool,City or even Chelsea for the premier titale
That's a coz we iz either skint or a coz we have no intention of building a team to be proud of
After 2 semi finals and a champions league spot to add to the financial clout we should have we should have been first in the market place to buy players of the quality of Sancho and some of the players Chelsea have picked up.That champions league spot is attractive to players and already next year i see Liverpool,City and Chelsea ahead of us.We are playing for one place only imo and if we don't get it then we won't attract top players
So Ole better start doing what Goku believes he has done.That's sign players
In Ole's time as manager he has let go first team players such as Fellaini,Herrara,Valencia,Young,Lukaku,Darmian with another 4 or 5 to go which is fair enough BUT replace them!!
The Under 23's got dicked today 5-0 by the mighty Doncaster Rovers.I know it was only a friendly bt it shows you what shite is coming through.They let in 3 against Huddersfield,another global giant last Saturday

Return to “U-N-I-T-E-D”