Next Match: Image
Brighton in the Premier League.
Saturday 26th September 2020, KO 12:30 UTC.
FootballIcon
Trainee
Trainee

The Bruno Fernandes Effect! (How He Helped Turn Man Utd's Season Around!)

Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:06 am

My new short video on Bruno Fernandes, as always feedback and comments welcome!

Goku
Reserve
Reserve

Re: The Bruno Fernandes Effect! (How He Helped Turn Man Utd's Season Around!)

Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:34 am

Look I always said we were doing well but not creating enough pre COVID-19. The cake Bruno and he was a key to the lock.

I think Ole wants us to be a more ball playing team which we are now under Bruno. We have the biggest wage bill in football so now we need quality.

But of coz it was a strange season. I don’t think I ever lived in a world were football stopped 100 days. Hopefully mRNA nCoV vaccines works during trails. So we can all get back to routines for COVID.

Ole's young boys are gonna smash them all!!

Goku
Reserve
Reserve

Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:36 am

One word breathtaking.

raycreative
International Player
International Player

Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:59 am

Goku wrote:
Look I always said we were doing well but not creating enough pre COVID-19. The cake Bruno and he was a key to the lock.

I think Ole wants us to be a more ball playing team which we are now under Bruno. We have the biggest wage bill in football so now we need quality.

But of coz it was a strange season. I don’t think I ever lived in a world were football stopped 100 days. Hopefully mRNA nCoV vaccines works during trails. So we can all get back to routines for COVID.
You did always say we were doing very well, even when we were 6th or 7th and definately not doing well at that time
You always believed we were going to win every game by 3 goals even though we were playing very poorly

Bruno has indeed done very well although his game tailed off towards the end of the season
We are now a more ball playing team and there are reasons for that
Bruno is definately one of those reasons AND so is Pogba
The two reasons we were not that before we bought Bruno and Pogba recovered from injury is because Fred and MacRomminay are not ball playing players
The reason imo that United tailed off at the end of the season and struggled in the Eutopa league and the FA Cup is bad management from Ole to play the likes of Fred and Mactomminay and Mata and James and leave out Matic
Let's not get carried away with a "not bad" first X1 when they pick themselves
That will make us a a third or 4th placed contender
With injuries to Pogba or Bruno or Martial or Rashford or Ole pissing about with the team will make us a 3rd to 6th team
Let's not start believing this team is currently capable of having enough class and consistency to seriously make a challenge for a top trophy

FootballIcon
Trainee
Trainee

Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:23 pm

raycreative wrote:
Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:59 am
Goku wrote:

You did always say we were doing very well, even when we were 6th or 7th and definately not doing well at that time
You always believed we were going to win every game by 3 goals even though we were playing very poorly

Bruno has indeed done very well although his game tailed off towards the end of the season
We are now a more ball playing team and there are reasons for that
Bruno is definately one of those reasons AND so is Pogba
The two reasons we were not that before we bought Bruno and Pogba recovered from injury is because Fred and MacRomminay are not ball playing players
The reason imo that United tailed off at the end of the season and struggled in the Eutopa league and the FA Cup is bad management from Ole to play the likes of Fred and Mactomminay and Mata and James and leave out Matic
Let's not get carried away with a "not bad" first X1 when they pick themselves
That will make us a a third or 4th placed contender
With injuries to Pogba or Bruno or Martial or Rashford or Ole pissing about with the team will make us a 3rd to 6th team
Let's not start believing this team is currently capable of having enough class and consistency to seriously make a challenge for a top trophy
Agreed on most of the points you made. Pogba staying fit has defo also helped.

I think the reason Bruno tallied off towards the end of the season was purely due to the number of games he was playing since Ole didn't trust much of the sub bench hence not too much rotation. Defo feel we missed Matic, but not sure if it was out of choice or if enforced due to injury.

For sure we need investments to push on. Depressing seeing Chelsea build on a decent team with some impressive looking signings, whilst we still mess around...

raycreative
International Player
International Player

Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:59 pm

We mess around every season
Get used to it
And don’t forget to buy a shirt!!!

Goku
Reserve
Reserve

Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:58 am

No.we have VDB who.seems to never run out of energy. I think Yeah, the first 11 picks it's self and there is no doubt there is talent there. Luke Shaw showed how sorely he was missed. I still think James can learn but he clearly is a left winger.

The bench is average at best. We finished 3rd so Yeah, I am optimistic but make no mistake that Bruno and that 100 days to get Pogba fit had a major hand. Even Rashford but he had injury blow.

Greenwood is class. Martial looks like a 100m pound player. For the first time I actually see light at the end of the tunnel.

Return to “U-N-I-T-E-D”