Next Match: Image
Aston Villa in the Premier League.
Thursday 9th July 2020, KO 20:15 UTC.
raycreative
International Player
International Player

Let's talk about-1 transfers

Mon Mar 02, 2020 1:54 pm

As the forum seems very quiet,even a coz Goku hyas stopped predicting his 4 nil wins for every game i thought i would post a series of posts for discussions based on actuality rather than shit talking

So i will start with transfers both in and out that are likely in the summer

First of all the possible players who might leave
Let's start with those on loan.
Smalling seems to have settled in well in Italy and his club want to take him full time according to reports.That inspired Ed Woodward to up the asking price by £5m.I still think he will go(hopefully)
Sanchez-The club and the fans would love to see the back of him but we all know about the wages issue.Put simply there is no place for him to return to at Old Trafford so it's a sale or another loan
The goalkeeping situation is the interesting one for me.DDG is still top top class,despite an odd mistake.Shit happens.I've not forgotten how he held this club together for 3 straight years despite the club trying to sell him for dividend money.Well now the spin doctor is putting out that we have Romero and Dean Henderson,who the club regard as top class
I think Dean Henderson is the key.Currently on loan to Sheffield United je is not a bad keeper.I say not bad as he has not,for me,proved himself to be top top class.He has done OK behind a very organised defence but so does Kasper Schmeichel who i also believe is good but not top top class
United don't need 3 keepers on the books so will they sell?
Jesse-His contract is moving towards the end and his form continues to be poor.i am told he wants daft money to sign a new contract which ain't going to happen so i can see him leaving
Pogtba.We all know he wants away and we all know the Glazers want the readies so it is now down to the important shirt sponsors to decide what they want to do.I suspect how France in general and Pogba in particular do at the Euro's if they go ahead

Incoming players
The goalkeepers-None needed
Right back Wan-Bassaka
Left back-Shaw
with Brandon Williams,Tuanzabe and Fosu Mensah around i think they will leave it at that

Centre Halves
Maguire is fine
The jury is out for me on Bailly and i just don't rate Lindelof or Jones

Midfield
Starting to settle down
Fernandes is clearly a player for a long time
It is about getting the blend to go with him for me
Matic has found his form and McTominay is obviously around to stay
Mata is a good teacher for the young kids and a club ambassador
Despite all the current praise i still don't like Fred.I keep hearing he is improving but for me he isn't.I think Bruno is dragging him along by the bollocks to make him look better
Pereira is just a poor player
We still need a strong tackling midfielder

Forwards
The biggest problem is here obviously
James has done nothing for me and Ighalo is not a United player
We need a centre forward,a winger and some depth

Over to you guys

raycreative
International Player
International Player

Re: Let's talk about-1 transfers

Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:06 am

i will give this one more try to see if there is a fan anywhere on or near this forum
In todays daily papers all have been fed a story,presumably by our spin doctor that we are considering options re goalkeepers
They report that United are talking to Dean Henderson's representatives about HIS future
They are also quoting how many goals DDG is being blamed for
That's not a good sign for DDG as the club are clearly preparing to build up the pressure on DDG
For what can only be described,as usual,as financial motives, it cannot do anything else that put DDG off
The club clearly will take no fault for the situation.After all they did fire DDG's long time coach and replace him with an unqualified amateur coach who is now changing DDG's game and clearly for the worse
I will take you back to when DDG joined United.I was on the USA tour when he joined the club and i was actually on the pitch for a training session
His agility stood out even then
As a young and raw kid with no bulk he was being tested with double shots
The first shot made him dive and the second shot(from a different coach) made him get up fast and move in a different direction.He literally bounced and it was impressive to watch
As his game developed over the next season the one thing missing was his ability to come off his line for cross balls
SAF got Alex Stepney to watch him and talk to him
Steptoe convinced him that whilst he was showing a weakness that appeared to be a lack of courage,confidence or both then opposition clubs would continue to launch a ball high,He got the message and started to come for balls and the rest is history
Now his new amateur coach has convinced him to stay on his line
Add that to this new daft way that they are playing which is to pass the ball out from the back and you now get what you see every week
United just do not have the ability to play out from the keeper.If you give the ball to Wan-Bassaka or Lindelof or Bailly they are just not capable of making a quick top quality pass to a quality midfielder.It might get a bit better now with Bruno but prior to his arrival there was nobody to give it to.A labouring Mata or a shit Fred or an out of form Matic just did not make it happen
What it did show was that without a hold up centre forward the long ball was not an option either
that does not make it DDG's fault but a lack of players and squad fault

Sigmar
First Team Player
First Team Player

Tue Mar 03, 2020 6:00 pm

I seem to read that DDG has in o season made 7 mistakes leading to a goal, for me thats acceptable, we've had defenders like Jones make just as many and they and they are still with the club, so I don't think there is any real cause for alarm between the sticks.
I was under the impression the reason for Henderson coming back was to replace Romero who wants first team football, there is no doubt he is worth of it, i just wonder if Henderson will ask for his move to be made permanent on the basis it's better to be No1 at Sheffield than No2 at United.

As for the transfers, I think the biggest one may be in doubt now, with Bruno playing the way he is, Pogba may feel he wants to stay, especially if we get the elusive fifth spot, that I thinlk will be between us and Wolves, others may differ.

I'd like to see Bailley played more before the end of the season, he impressed against Chelsea, and showed some assuredness we need in defence, not sure about Matic, we need a player like him, we dont have that DM who can break up play.
Lingard it seems is now an outcast, and not even first choice when James needs a rest so I can see him going, probably abroad or to a Palace or Watford kind of move.
We need cover in the striker region we simply don't have one, Rashord after his injury may never be the same again, and Martial misfires at the rate of 3:1, we need a reliable 25-30 goals a season striker.
I cannot see the money beign spent that we have to, that means the books will have to more or less balance, so roughly if there are any outs it will be

Pogba £70m +
Lingard £20m
Romero £7m
Matic £10m

So at the most £110m, specualtion on Grealish will account for half of that, which leaves £60+ for a proven striker, can't see that happening !

Life is what you have to put up with when you are not dead

raycreative
International Player
International Player

Tue Mar 03, 2020 6:12 pm

I agree with a lot you have to say Sigmar.
I personally see no difference between DDG making a one off daft kick that hit a forward and in the 1 in 50 times it ended up in the net and the last minute shot from Ighalo from 1 yard out that was miraculously cleared by an Everton defender
If DDG doesn't make his mistake we might have won
If Ighalo had scored with a minute to go we would have won
What's the difference

You are correct with your synopsis of how much we "might" have to spend ie "at the most £110m"
What is not taken into account nor will it be is where has the Lukaku £80m gone.that should make £190m should it not
Also add on the not inconsiderable wage savings from Smalling,Young,Herrara and to a certain extent sanchez and that figure should be closer to £250m that should be available.And that is not even the club/the Glazers investing any profits from the sponsors

Also if we are in the top 4/5 and end up in the champions league there is even more money available
So what will happen???

Sigmar
First Team Player
First Team Player

Tue Mar 03, 2020 6:37 pm

raycreative wrote:
I personally see no difference between DDG making a one off daft kick that hit a forward and in the 1 in 50 times it ended up in the net and the last minute shot from Ighalo from 1 yard out that was miraculously cleared by an Everton defender
What's the difference

You are correct with your synopsis of how much we "might" have to spend ie "at the most £110m"
What is not taken into account nor will it be is where has the Lukaku £80m gone.that should make £190m should it not
Also add on the not inconsiderable wage savings from Smalling,Young,Herrara and to a certain extent sanchez and that figure should be closer to £250m that should be available.And that is not even the club/the Glazers investing any profits from the sponsors

Also if we are in the top 4/5 and end up in the champions league there is even more money available
So what will happen???
The Lukaku money was spent on Maguire, well most of it, plus James, it was another case of selling to buy, United are all about balancing the books, thats what counts most, it keeps stock value high.
I'm not sure about the Smalling deal, or the Sanchez one, but I would guess that we are paying a lage chunk of their exorbitant wages while they are on loan, that is what is blocking any permanent move, the club have to hope Smalling will take a cut in wages to make the move permanent, as for Sanchez, well we are stuck with him, but then again (thining out loud) he didn't have a Fernandes feeding him ?
Young went for peanuts, that was probably spent on the trip during the winter break. Hererra went on a free and again his wages would hardly be noticed in the grand scheme of things, that saving wouldn't even repair the leaks in the roof.
If you believe the llaast fiscal report ( ithink it was actually worse) revenue was down 21%, I think more like 25%, it was those figures that prompted the Fernandes purchase, it was panic, why fornicate about so long to do the original deal that was on the table at the start of the window ?

Finishing fifth will mean we have to qualify, so that will shorten any pre-season tour or extended break, it will also mean that United wont be able to piss about in the summer window if they intend to get the players they want.

Oh look theres a flying pig !

raycreative
International Player
International Player

Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:02 pm

Sigmar wrote:
raycreative wrote:
What's the difference

So what will happen???
The Lukaku money was spent on Maguire, well most of it, plus James, it was another case of selling to buy, United are all about balancing the books, thats what counts most, it keeps stock value high.
I'm not sure about the Smalling deal, or the Sanchez one, but I would guess that we are paying a lage chunk of their exorbitant wages while they are on loan, that is what is blocking any permanent move, the club have to hope Smalling will take a cut in wages to make the move permanent, as for Sanchez, well we are stuck with him, but then again (thining out loud) he didn't have a Fernandes feeding him ?
Young went for peanuts, that was probably spent on the trip during the winter break. Hererra went on a free and again his wages would hardly be noticed in the grand scheme of things, that saving wouldn't even repair the leaks in the roof.
If you believe the llaast fiscal report ( ithink it was actually worse) revenue was down 21%, I think more like 25%, it was those figures that prompted the Fernandes purchase, it was panic, why fornicate about so long to do the original deal that was on the table at the start of the window ?

Finishing fifth will mean we have to qualify, so that will shorten any pre-season tour or extended break, it will also mean that United wont be able to piss about in the summer window if they intend to get the players they want.

Actually they borrowed/put on the club debt £135m to buy Maguire and Wan-Basaka.They they forgot to pay for Bassaka and put him on a 3 year IOU with £15m down.That was confirmed by my friend who organises transfer funding and also the clubs last published accounts confirmed the deb t had gone up £130m
They paid cash £80m for Maguire and £15m down for Wan-Bassaka.So that's £35m missing AND the Lukaku money of £80m
James cost them the pie and crisp money from the first home game

As for your comments on "Young went for peanuts" and "Herrara went on a free and his wages wouldn't be noticed in the scheme of things"
Well Herrara was on £8m a year at United https://www.spotrac.com/epl/manchester- ... era-22913/
And Young was on £6m a year.
That's £14m a year saved
Add on that Lukaku was on £10m a year https://www.spotrac.com/epl/manchester- ... aku-15526/ and you have a saving of £25 pa plus of course the missing £80m transfer fee
That's over £100m
So ask that flying pig "How much HAS been invested in the squad? or put another way "How much has vanished?"
I wish it was as simple as just balancing the books.That would be bad enough with the amount of sponsorship coming in but where the fornicate are the readies?

Sigmar
First Team Player
First Team Player

Tue Mar 03, 2020 9:19 pm

raycreative wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:02 pm
Sigmar wrote:
raycreative wrote:
What's the difference

So what will happen???

Actually they borrowed/put on the club debt £135m to buy Maguire and Wan-Basaka.They they forgot to pay for Bassaka and put him on a 3 year IOU with £15m down.That was confirmed by my friend who organises transfer funding and also the clubs last published accounts confirmed the deb t had gone up £130m
They paid cash £80m for Maguire and £15m down for Wan-Bassaka.So that's £35m missing AND the Lukaku money of £80m
James cost them the pie and crisp money from the first home game

As for your comments on "Young went for peanuts" and "Herrara went on a free and his wages wouldn't be noticed in the scheme of things"
Well Herrara was on £8m a year at United https://www.spotrac.com/epl/manchester- ... era-22913/
And Young was on £6m a year.
That's £14m a year saved
Add on that Lukaku was on £10m a year https://www.spotrac.com/epl/manchester- ... aku-15526/ and you have a saving of £25 pa plus of course the missing £80m transfer fee
That's over £100m
So ask that flying pig "How much HAS been invested in the squad? or put another way "How much has vanished?"
I wish it was as simple as just balancing the books.That would be bad enough with the amount of sponsorship coming in but where the fornicate are the readies?
You are only talking about what the club has saved, and not taking into account the wages of Maguire, James and now Fernandes, plus as I said I suspect we are also paying part or all of Smallings and Snachezs wages, so there is some disparity.

Then there are the Catman and Delaware accounts which no-one seems to speak of anymore.

According to the released figures, the debt in the last fiscal period did not ncreae by the amount you claim, and in business it is better to be in debt than in profit, you pay less tax. The Glazers may be leeches, but they are not financial idiots

Return to “U-N-I-T-E-D”