Next Match: Image
Southampton in the Premier League.
Momday 13th July 2020, KO 20:00 UTC.
Ole
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain

Pre/Post Match Discussion: Europa League vs Club Brugge (h)

Sun Feb 23, 2020 4:11 pm

Image vs. Image

Home to Club Brugge in the Europa League.
Thursday 27th February 2020, KO 20:00 UTC.

Glorio
International Player
International Player

Re: Pre/Post Match Discussion: Europa League vs Club Brugge (h)

Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:45 pm

Martial just as he begins to pick up form, picks up a muscle injury in training

There is only one GOLDEN BOY

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

Fri Feb 28, 2020 1:13 am

"form"

"Beckham... into Sheringham... and Solskjær has won it!"

Glorio
International Player
International Player

Fri Feb 28, 2020 8:02 am

:laugh: ....3 in 3, particularly considering we weren't particularly dominant in all those games, is not a bad return is it? That last goal as well ...

That said, while Ighalo can't be considered particularly exceptional, he does play like a natural number 9 and seems to give the team more balance straightaway. With Martial and Rashford, none of them are natural target men, which I reckon is why one seems to struggle when the other is not on the pitch, as when they're both on, they thrive by interchanging with each other all the time between the left and central positions. Whenever one has been forced to play between the sticks without the other, they've struggled - barring the past few matches where Martial is looking like he's starting to adapt to the role a bit more.

Having Bruno around certainly helps! As I've alluded to in the other post, it seems he's also reminded the other players that they're supposed to take the initiative to be creative and make things happen at this club, rather than rely on the forwards or the space counterattacks afford all the time.

There is only one GOLDEN BOY

Dante
Referee
Referee

Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:28 pm

Fernandes seems to be a very big part of the puzzle and McTominays return is very good news.

We seem to be starting to put things together, breaking down teams is not quite as difficult as it was so I don't think top 4 is out of the question, and *whisper it* we might even have a shot at this thing. We're definitely still a big step below CIty and Leicester, and Liverpool are on another staircase entirely, but the direction of travel seems right.

God knows what will happen in summer though, we'll probably end up going backwards then.

Return to “U-N-I-T-E-D”