Loading...
Next Match: Image
Watford in the Premier League.
Sunday 23rd February 2020, KO 14:00 UTC.
Ole
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain
Posts: 3834
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:41 pm

Pre/Post Match Discussion: Premier League vs Chelsea (a)

Sat Feb 01, 2020 7:26 pm

Image

Image vs. Image

Away to Chelsea in the Premier League.
Monday 17th February 2020, KO 20:00 UTC.



User avatar
Goku
Reserve
Reserve
Posts: 363
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:31 am

Re: Pre/Post Match Discussion: Premier League vs Chelsea (a)

Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:04 am

Preview to follow



Dante
Referee
Referee
Posts: 9129
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 5:16 pm

Re: Pre/Post Match Discussion: Premier League vs Chelsea (a)

Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:30 pm

Does anyone know if any players out with injury are back in time for this?


Image

User avatar
raycreative
International Player
International Player
Posts: 1057
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:03 pm

Re: Pre/Post Match Discussion: Premier League vs Chelsea (a)

Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:34 pm

Why?

It's an away game so we on't get any money for it.
I's not important



User avatar
Sigmar
First Team Player
First Team Player
Posts: 620
Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:36 pm

Re: Pre/Post Match Discussion: Premier League vs Chelsea (a)

Wed Feb 05, 2020 7:12 am

raycreative wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:34 pm
Why?

It's an away game so we on't get any money for it.
I's not important
Not strictly true, away teams are allowed to charge up to 5% commisson on away ticket sales for league games


Life is what you have to put up with when you are not dead

User avatar
raycreative
International Player
International Player
Posts: 1057
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:03 pm

Re: Pre/Post Match Discussion: Premier League vs Chelsea (a)

Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:17 am

Whilst we wait with baited breath to see how many to nil Goku will predict this one in United's favour let's take a realistc view of where we are as we move towards the last 10 games of the season
I feel sure Goku will confirm our defence is now water tight and will surely not let Chelsea score agains us whilst at the same time our new world class forward from Watford will bag at least one and possibly two and at the same time motivate Rashford to score.So he is struggling to choose between 2 or 3 nil

The reality is that should Chelsea win they will be 9 points(or 3 games) ahead of us for top 4.
I feel sure that is the end of the Champions league situation that still a few inspired supporters are hanging on to for reasons unknown to me
I don't think the club even has any ambition for a top 4 place either but that's just an opinion

So next we look at a Europa league spot
Currently in 8th we are two places out of that
The optimists will argue we have a game in hand on some but that game in hand is Chelsea and if we do lose this one we are still 8th

So who is likely to fill places 5 and 6

Sheffield United are like the Leicester City of a few years ago.
They are not getting any injuries,hve nothing else to distract them and keep finding ways to win.You wouldn't rule out an unlikely EUFA spot.
Wolves and Burnley both got away with it in the same position

Spurs are better than us and despite not being close,any more to challenging for the league with a fired up manager in Jose i fancy their chances more than ours

Everton are now on a roll and again have nothing else to get in the way

Wolves are much of a mutchness to United and again have nothing else to worry about

As an absolute outsider you "might" add Arsenal but they have the same owner/investment issues as United

For me the top 4 are
Liverpool
City
Leicester
Chelsea

5th
Spurs

6th
Sheffield United or Everton or Wolves or United with Arsenal having just a small squeak

The reality check doesn't look good as the 15 year slide as predicted continues

The bad news is that The Glazers won't give a shit.They will sell Pogba and bank a chunk.
The spin doctor will mutter about us being in for everybody from Messi,Ronaldo,Harry Kane but all were greedy bastards etc etc

I see without Europe next season us becoming an official mid table side with no interest to improve from above



User avatar
Sigmar
First Team Player
First Team Player
Posts: 620
Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:36 pm

Re: Pre/Post Match Discussion: Premier League vs Chelsea (a)

Wed Feb 12, 2020 7:35 am

raycreative wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 10:17 am
Whilst we wait with baited breath to see how many to nil Goku will predict this one in United's favour let's take a realistc view of where we are as we move towards the last 10 games of the season
I feel sure Goku will confirm our defence is now water tight and will surely not let Chelsea score agains us whilst at the same time our new world class forward from Watford will bag at least one and possibly two and at the same time motivate Rashford to score.So he is struggling to choose between 2 or 3 nil

The reality is that should Chelsea win they will be 9 points(or 3 games) ahead of us for top 4.
I feel sure that is the end of the Champions league situation that still a few inspired supporters are hanging on to for reasons unknown to me
I don't think the club even has any ambition for a top 4 place either but that's just an opinion

So next we look at a Europa league spot
Currently in 8th we are two places out of that
The optimists will argue we have a game in hand on some but that game in hand is Chelsea and if we do lose this one we are still 8th

So who is likely to fill places 5 and 6

Sheffield United are like the Leicester City of a few years ago.
They are not getting any injuries,hve nothing else to distract them and keep finding ways to win.You wouldn't rule out an unlikely EUFA spot.
Wolves and Burnley both got away with it in the same position

Spurs are better than us and despite not being close,any more to challenging for the league with a fired up manager in Jose i fancy their chances more than ours

Everton are now on a roll and again have nothing else to get in the way

Wolves are much of a mutchness to United and again have nothing else to worry about

As an absolute outsider you "might" add Arsenal but they have the same owner/investment issues as United

For me the top 4 are
Liverpool
City
Leicester
Chelsea

5th
Spurs

6th
Sheffield United or Everton or Wolves or United with Arsenal having just a small squeak

The reality check doesn't look good as the 15 year slide as predicted continues

The bad news is that The Glazers won't give a shit.They will sell Pogba and bank a chunk.
The spin doctor will mutter about us being in for everybody from Messi,Ronaldo,Harry Kane but all were greedy bastards etc etc

I see without Europe next season us becoming an official mid table side with no interest to improve from above
Chelsea aren't firing on all cylinders either, their form is as bad as ours, perhaps it points to having a former legend as manager isn't the best way to go.
I don't think Rashford is fit is he ? he's not been in training, so I can't see him playing, which leaves us with Ighalo, who scored one goal in nearly 2000 minutes of playing for Watford, and Martial who can't hit a barn door from 20 mtrs!
This has a draw written all over it.
I honestly don't think we will make the UEFA spot this year, especally if our new AM keeps getting used as a DM.


Life is what you have to put up with when you are not dead

User avatar
raycreative
International Player
International Player
Posts: 1057
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:03 pm

Re: Pre/Post Match Discussion: Premier League vs Chelsea (a)

Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:17 am

I agree that Chelsea aren't firing but then again Chelsea are under no illusion that they are not close to challenging
Our board however keep trying to convince the gullible fans,through a spin doctor that we are getting closer.Clearly we are not
The bullshit about investing(wait and see) and "give it time" is still,a little frighteningly,bought into by some.

Chelsea have just been in a long barring from the transfer window which is part of the reason they are not doing well
By not doing well they have been unable to motivate and hold on to players like Hazard
This is a mirror of Pogba except nobody at Chelsea calls Hazard a greedy bastard or a bad influence.They understand that at this point in his career he wanted to show at top level how good he is
The only good thing when Pogba goes is that he won't come back and hurt United.The level he will be playing at,whichever club he goes to,will be 3 levels above United
He could well win the Euros with France and he could well win a league title and possibly a Champions league title with whichever club he joins.And yet rather than want United to build round him the cry is to get rid of him,whilst still knowing the Glazers will pocket a good chunk of the transfer fee whilst claiming to have "invested" the other half in Ole.

Chelsea have had similar problems internally to United but they can and imo will fix them.We won't.
Abramovitch has had enough,having lost his appeal for British citizenship
If it wasn't for his son,who loves football in general and Chelsea in particular he would be off and Chelsea would have a new owner
Instead he has kept the club for his son but the father has limited input these days
When he was in England he accepted that his knowledge of football was that of a rich fan and he compensated by surrounding himself with old players who would explain,over dinner before the game through sitting next to him in the directors box during a game what was good,what was bad and what was needed
Now he has appointed a CEO who is a Russian lady with less knowledge of the game than Ed Woodward.She is somebody Abramovitch trusts like the Glazers trust Ed Woodward.
She looks after the roubles but is incapable of helping on the football side
This is a big problem for the manager who i am reliably informed has had several dust ups in the January window.If the situation continues Chelsea will find it hard to get much further forward although cash is not an issue,unlike at United where the last gem ie Pogba is about to be sold.
After that the financial cupboard at Old Trafford is empty



User avatar
raycreative
International Player
International Player
Posts: 1057
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:03 pm

Re: Pre/Post Match Discussion: Premier League vs Chelsea (a)

Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:26 pm

Where's Goku?
I need a laugh



Dante
Referee
Referee
Posts: 9129
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 5:16 pm

Re: Pre/Post Match Discussion: Premier League vs Chelsea (a)

Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:44 pm

Chelsea (4-3-3) Caballero; James, Christensen, Rudiger, Azpilicueta; Kante, Jorginho, Kovacic; Pedro, Batshuayi, Willian.
Substitutes: Arrizabalaga, Zouma, Alonso, Tomori, Barkley, Mount, Giroud.

Manchester United (3-4-1-2) de Gea; Bailly, Maguire, Shaw; Wan-Bissaka, Fred, Matic, Williams; Fernandes; James, Martial.
Substitutes: Romero, Jones, Dalot, Mata, Pereira, Ighalo, Greenwood.

Referee Anthony Taylor.

Bailly's first match in 10 months. At least he's not with Jones.

Any brave soul want to make a prediction?


Image

User avatar
raycreative
International Player
International Player
Posts: 1057
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:03 pm

Re: Pre/Post Match Discussion: Premier League vs Chelsea (a)

Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:00 pm

This is a desperately weak Chelsea team



Dante
Referee
Referee
Posts: 9129
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 5:16 pm

Re: Pre/Post Match Discussion: Premier League vs Chelsea (a)

Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:31 pm

This is hilarious.


Image

User avatar
raycreative
International Player
International Player
Posts: 1057
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:03 pm

Re: Pre/Post Match Discussion: Premier League vs Chelsea (a)

Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:57 pm

Goku missed out on a top opportunity a coz he couldn’t make his mind up how many we would win by

Roll on the Watford prediction.
It has to be at least 3 0 a coz we av Watford’s world class centre forward



Sandies
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 6565
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:15 am

Re: Pre/Post Match Discussion: Premier League vs Chelsea (a)

Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:52 am

Beaten Chelsea at the bridge 3 times in a year. Don't even think Sir Alex managed 3 wins there in his career :lol:


"Beckham... into Sheringham... and Solskjær has won it!"

User avatar
raycreative
International Player
International Player
Posts: 1057
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:03 pm

Re: Pre/Post Match Discussion: Premier League vs Chelsea (a)

Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:22 am

Sandies wrote:
Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:52 am
Beaten Chelsea at the bridge 3 times in a year. Don't even think Sir Alex managed 3 wins there in his career :lol:

You can only beat what is in front of you but that is a avery bad Chelsea team
The game was poor in terms of quality and excitement

Bruno looks like a good player.You saw clearly the differences between his corners and free kicks and Fed's corners
Bailly did well after a rough start but you feel there is an accident waiting to happen
Same comment for Williams.I know he is a kid but he does get caught out and gets booked too many times
I am starting to give up on James.Another anonymous game.I am getting fed up of hearing he is tired or a kid.He is 22 so not a kid and he has just had two weeks off

It is vital the team batters Watford but again i have a fear.That is a fear that we will strt thinking this is a good team which it isn't



Dante
Referee
Referee
Posts: 9129
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 5:16 pm

Re: Pre/Post Match Discussion: Premier League vs Chelsea (a)

Tue Feb 18, 2020 10:07 am

I mean, he is 22, but it's also only his second season of first team football. Rashford, the same age has played over 200 first team games, all top flight. James still has more games at Championship level than Premier League.


Image

Return to “U-N-I-T-E-D”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Relly