Ole
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain

Pre/Post Match Discussion: Premier League vs Wolves (h)

Wed Jan 29, 2020 9:16 pm

Image vs. Image

Home to Wolves in the Premier League.
Saturday 1st February 2020, KO 17:30 UTC.

Goku
Reserve
Reserve

Re: Pre/Post Match Discussion: Premier League vs Wolves (h)

Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:51 am

Preview:

I think we should win this game and hopefully the Bruno Fenanadez deal gets done quickly. By quickly I meant today or yesterday.

The major problem is Martial drifts on the left and Dan James is out of form. We lacking midfielders and Matic Red card is a blow.

I was impressed with our defense vs City especially AWB on right back. I'm sure we'll go with a 4231 as usual. We struggled to break them down in the cup and it will be no different if they sit back.

Only us, the fans, can make a difference. The louder we shout the more pressure there is on the higher archer of the club.

DDG
AWB. Harry. Linderloff. Shaw
Fred. Mata
Dan. Bruno. Martial
Greenwood

Prediction:
Home win. 2-0

Sigmar
First Team Player
First Team Player

Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:11 pm

Goku wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:51 am
Preview:

I think we should win this game and hopefully the Bruno Fenanadez deal gets done quickly. By quickly I meant today or yesterday.

The major problem is Martial drifts on the left and Dan James is out of form. We lacking midfielders and Matic Red card is a blow.

I was impressed with our defense vs City especially AWB on right back. I'm sure we'll go with a 4231 as usual. We struggled to break them down in the cup and it will be no different if they sit back.

Only us, the fans, can make a difference. The louder we shout the more pressure there is on the higher archer of the club.

DDG
AWB. Harry. Linderloff. Shaw
Fred. Mata
Dan. Bruno. Martial
Greenwood

Prediction:
Home win. 2-0
He's not been playing that form ation though, o rhaven't you been watching,
It's been CB's Maguire, Lindelhof Shaw WIth AWB and Williams as Wingbacks, Matic and Fred in Midfield, wth a No10 and two forwards, he even played this away at Tranmere, so a change is unlikely at home to Wolves, except Matic who is suspended.
I'm not too confident he will drop Fernandes in the deep end either, only three days after signing is a tall order, he will have barely had one day training with his new team mates.
I expect Williams and Peirera in instead of Mata and Fernandes

Life is what you have to put up with when you are not dead

HuSsAiN
International Player
International Player

Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:40 am

tough game, can't see us keeping a cleansheet though.
2-1 but nerve wracking game, and need martial back on scoresheet

Watch your thoughts; they become words.
Watch your words; they become actions.
Watch your actions; they become habits.
Watch your habits; they become character.
Watch your character; it becomes your destiny!

HuSsAiN

Goku
Reserve
Reserve

Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:26 pm

We going ultra defensive if he plays that way. Turning us into stole city.

Dante
Referee
Referee

Fri Jan 31, 2020 4:35 pm

Sounds like the new lad will be on the bench.

Devil Pikney
Lifetime Supporter
Lifetime Supporter

Fri Jan 31, 2020 6:56 pm

Lets hope that if there is a walkout it doesn't coincide with his coming on :think:

Though I imagine that the other players will have told him of the possibility and that he wouldn't take it personally.

Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;None but ourselves can free our minds.

"Eric Cantona is a great player, but he's not as good as Ryan Giggs" - Johan Cruyff

"Maybe one day people will say I was another Ryan Giggs" - George Best

raycreative
International Player
International Player

Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:56 pm

Devil Pikney wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 6:56 pm
Lets hope that if there is a walkout it doesn't coincide with his coming on :think:

Though I imagine that the other players will have told him of the possibility and that he wouldn't take it personally.
Somebody suggested an interesting scenario to me

On the assumption that Fernandes is on the bench
We know THERE WIILL BE a Munich minute of applause in the 58th minute

Then what
With the possible walk out in the 68th minute and assuming that Fernandes in indeed on the bench and not yet on
Will he be sent out to warm up and/or will he be brought on before the 68th minute potential walk out
That at least would confirm who is picking the team and how much surgical spirits you would need to remove Ole's lips from Ed Woodward's arse
I do hope that is not the case

raycreative
International Player
International Player

Sat Feb 01, 2020 3:28 pm

Just leaving for the game

I have got a green and gold face mask in case there are any Chinamen about

A minute's applause on 58 minutes and a walk out in the 68th

It will be interesting to see what support it has.Hopefully a lot and then how Ed Woodward's spin doctor works on it

Dante
Referee
Referee

Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:25 pm

Just looked at the table, this really is a must win game.

Dante
Referee
Referee

Sat Feb 01, 2020 5:02 pm

Fernandes starts!

Ole
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain

Sat Feb 01, 2020 6:54 pm

Wolves fans singing “there’s only one Ed Woodward”. :laugh:

Dante
Referee
Referee

Sat Feb 01, 2020 6:58 pm

What is the point of Pereira?

Ole
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain

Sat Feb 01, 2020 6:59 pm

Dante wrote:
And James, Fred, Martial etc.

Glorio
International Player
International Player

Sat Feb 01, 2020 7:27 pm

Ole wrote:
Dante wrote:
Fred's been very good, and our best player for a while. He doesn't deserve being named in that bracket, and Pereira is markedly worse than all those players mentioned.

Really, what does he do well?

There is only one GOLDEN BOY

Goku
Reserve
Reserve

Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:09 pm

I mean it's the way we coached. Do we even do rondo in training I don't know. I thought Dalot won it in the end we moved our player maker into a CDM which is strange.

Anyway 2 weeks break and let's go again we have the players just need to find solutions. Maybe Matic will free up Fernendes who has imagination.

Ole
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain

Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:40 pm

Glorio wrote:
Ole wrote:
Dante wrote:
Fred's been very good, and our best player for a while. He doesn't deserve being named in that bracket, and Pereira is markedly worse than all those players mentioned.

And therein lies the problem.

“Fred has been our best player for a while”

Just let that sink in....

Glorio
International Player
International Player

Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:46 pm

Ole wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:40 pm
Glorio wrote:
Ole wrote:

And therein lies the problem.

“Fred has been our best player for a while”

Just let that sink in....
It may seem like a case of lowering expectations, but he's actually been a very good box to box player, and more than held his own against some of the best midfields in the league.
Unfortunately, when players start badly, they really have to work to rid themselves of the bad rep.

There is only one GOLDEN BOY

Dante
Referee
Referee

Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:48 pm

Yeah, Fred hasn't been part of the problem for a while now.

Ole
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain

Sun Feb 02, 2020 7:55 am

Don't get me wrong, he's improved, but like you say Glorio, we're lowered our expectations if he's the best player we have.

Edgardos
Reserve
Reserve

Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:47 am

After backing Ole for last months and blaming Ed, I am confident now, that Ole is big problem as well. Job of the manager is to place the player in their best positions, develop them, improve them. MOTIVATE. He also has to react on what is going on field. Many wrong substitutions in past already confirmed, he is weak there. But now, I have to react on him, mispositioning players. Mostly our attacking side was completely missplaced and that leads to other issues. Starting from James, he was brilliant on right wing, scored goals, had chemistry with AVB. Why on earth shift him to left, where he is struggling. Many games proved that, still, he fornicate starts on left. Martial isnt offering anything as CF, he cannot turn, he isnt going for the ball. His looks frustrated whole game. When playing from left, his cooperation with Shaw worked, he scored goals. Mata, with all the respect to him, he is not a winger. Many games proved that, still, he is starting as right wing. Our wing were not working, that affected our WBs as well. Shaw and AWB seemed impotent. We have just one natural CF, still he is benched.
----------- Greenwood-----------
Martial-Mata/Bruno-James would be my choice.

Going to the middle. Fred is trying hard, I love his enthusiasm, but he isnt offering anything up front. Perreira is just absolute shit. For me, he is now on level of Lingard. I promised myself months ago, that I am not watching any game, where Lingard is starting (or Jones, or Young), adding Perreira now to my list.
To Bruno, decent debut, more than I expected, respecting the fact he had just one training with the lads. But why, why to drop him to CDM?!? Same happened to Pogba and I am affraid, same could happen to Bruno. We needed to buy creative player and when we have him, we drop him to CDM, so Perreira! feels more confident? Crazy.
Finally, why do need 2 CDM, when we need to score? At home, against opponent who is not planning to create something?
Just one remark to Harry, he is getting better every game and I believe, he could be a true leader. On the other side, Lindelof needs to be benched and Axel/Eric should get a chance to play along Harry.
Finally to substitutions. Mason for Perreira should have happpend on half time. For me it is alibism from Ole. He Must see, that Adreas was shit. Why dont accept, that he made wrong decision and change him at HT? Strong and good managers csn do that. Bringing on Lingard is a crime for me, and the placing Dalot, a RB in fact, to a position of left wing is beyond my understanding. Not to say it happend in 88th minute.
I would love to understand what is the real job of Carrick, Mike and Kieran. Obviously, we are the worst in league in scoring goals from corners and set pieces. We are the worst in league in concedig after set pieces. Yesterday again Wolves best header was unmarked. We dont have any strategy or tactics or game plan. If Ole is blind to all of that, these guys should/must advise.
The above mentioned has nothing to do with Ed or Glazers. The coaching staff is picking the team, the coaching staff picks positions, they do subs. The HAVE to motivate and scream when needed.
And to Ed, generally yes, the team is narrow. The tranfer windows look chaotic and without some plan all takes too long. Still, the team we have, the salaries we pay, is sufficient to fight for 2nd-3rd spot in the league, with proper management.

"I've never played for a draw in my life." Sir Alex Ferguson

raycreative
International Player
International Player

Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:10 am

Much of your understandings are correct Edgardos

It is just your summing up that is totally wrong unfortunately

I will start with one thing you did get wrong.
James was NOT brilliant on the right wing.He was a combination of lucky in his first few games added to the fact that Premier league players didn't know what to make of him.They had him worked out after 3 or 4 games and he has shown nothing since other than that he looks more and more like a championship player
You don't like him on the left but that is where he scored all his goals from.He cut inside and curled his shots to the far post.
On the right wing you are wasting your time with him.He can't dribble,nor can he cut inside as his left foot is useless.All he can do is use his pace to occasionally get back a full back BUT he can't cross a ball.
The excuse i keep hearing is "he is tired".FFS he is only 21

Martial is indeed offering nothing however the reason is easily clear.He is being asked to play centre forward by himself and he can't.It's a simple as that.He is not and never will be a centre forward in the hold up,alone style of player he is being asked to play.That is not his position and not his fault.Who's is it?
Well that's easy.Ole has been asking Ed for a top class centre forward in the same way Jose asked for ONE defender out of 5.Both have got neither.The blame ONLY lies with Ed.

Going to the/your middle i confirm Fred is trying hard.Indeed he is improving but he still doesn't dominate a game.
Fernandes came in yesterday and already showed he is better than Fred.And don't forget Fred has improved.
Fernandes had a solid game.Not a world class game but a solid game.He had most of the whole teams shots but in truth they weren't dangerous
Fernandes plays an attacking Matic so i assume Matic,whose contract ends in 3 months in on the way out to save wages(Well you do have to think like a Glazer!!)
We still don't have anybody who can put in nasty tackles in midfield.(Again Ed's lack of ability to buy somebody)

You are correct in your opinion of Lingard,Jones,Young and Perreira but who wanted to keep Young.Who gave Jones a long new contract.Who bought Perreira etc.Yep you got it Ed

Ole is a victim of his own commercial success with the Norwegians plus his cult status as a real United hero.
He is not a top manager.Never has been but he got a few good results as caretaker manager.He fired up the Norwegian tourist and pilgrim base and just as important,as premier league managers go he is cheap
But who hired him.Yep!! Ed

You are pointing out the obvious
1 We need a centre half to play alongside Maguire
2 We need a nasty midfielder
3 We need a winger
4 We need a centre forward

But we have done for many many years and all we have done is piss off a world cup winner in Pogba so much that he doesn't want to play and has been turned against the fans by the Ed "cash him in and keep the money" spin doctor machine that a lot of people are buying in to

Sigmar
First Team Player
First Team Player

Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:30 am

I'm lost for words after that.
Ths match for me only confirmed the level we are at, it was so even in the parts that mattered, the only thing we were better at was holding the ball.

My position has always been that if you buy players from clubs lower in the league, or fromlower divisions than you, that is the level you will be playing at, and for that you have to blame the scouting system.

Did anyone actually walk out in the 69th minute ?
To me it looked like a damp squib, and to be honest, with what it costs to go to a game now, I wouldn't have walked out either

Sigmar
First Team Player
First Team Player

Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:39 am

Spot Bruno swaping shirts, then De gEa shaking his hand thinking he's a Wolves player :laugh: :laugh:

raycreative
International Player
International Player

Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:57 am

Sigmar wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:30 am
I'm lost for words after that.
Ths match for me only confirmed the level we are at, it was so even in the parts that mattered, the only thing we were better at was holding the ball.

My position has always been that if you buy players from clubs lower in the league, or fromlower divisions than you, that is the level you will be playing at, and for that you have to blame the scouting system.

Did anyone actually walk out in the 69th minute ?
To me it looked like a damp squib, and to be honest, with what it costs to go to a game now, I wouldn't have walked out either
Nobody walked out
The word spread that Ed Woodward was not at the game and the Glazers never are so no point in proving a point to nobody
One can only assume that Ed Woodward was on urgent transfer business

The atmosphere was totally flat,not toxic, and the general conversation afterwards was that people are now coming out of habit if you are an old fan, or on a pilgrimage that the tourists booked in advance at the start of the season

The truth is that nothing has changed
A few optimists are holding on to the hope 4 position.The realists are worried about even a top 6 finish
Top 4 is just not possible.End of.we can't score a goal and we actually make very few chances
When you look at how close to a top 4 position we actually are and then look at how far we are above the bottom 4 there is not a lot of difference which shows you how poor this league is and how long Liverpool and possibly City will dominate for

Two out((Young and Rojo) and one in(Bruno) will change nothing and actually shows the lack of desire and ambition
The summer will be the same by the look of it
Pogba and Matic and Smalling and possibly Lingard out and Sanchez back tells you the true state of play as the decline continues

Return to “U-N-I-T-E-D”