Next Match: Image
Club Brugges in the Europa League.
Thursday 27th February 2020, KO 20:00 UTC.
Sigmar
First Team Player
First Team Player

Neville goes on a rant, and tells some home truths

Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:36 am

Gary Nevilee "I can’t believe the investment that’s been put into the squad in the last five, six, seven years and you end up with that out on the pitch. I saw a statistic two weeks ago that United have the second-highest wage bill in the world. And that’s the squad they’ve got. It’s unforgivable. It really is. I can’t change the ownership of Manchester United, no one can. But I’m struggling to understand why the ownership have persisted in trusting that management team to oversee the building of a Premier League title winning team since Sir Alex Ferguson left because if you don’t lose your job for essentially overseeing that investment, that wage bill, and putting that team out on the pitch then I have to say something is really wrong...There’s real talent in that executive team, they can create revenue, they can do things with in the football club that can help to be fair, but in terms of what the club needed to do for a number of years now is put the best in class football operators into that club and they’re not doing it. They’re not doing it and it’s a mess. They need to sort it out and quickly. The thing that should shock the owners more than anything, they should see that last minute goal – they should have that playing on record every single day in their office over in America – Liverpool Football Club’s fans singing we shall not be moved...Things do go in cycles and there is an element of you have to accept Liverpool are a huge football club, but there are some huge decisions that need to be made in that boardroom at Manchester United. I can’t believe the squad they’ve ended up with after the investment they’ve made...Liverpool, they’ve got a great team, they’ve got a great spirit, they’re going to be unstoppable this season, but somewhere in the background at United someone has to be plotting the downfall of Liverpool and getting back above them. That’s going to take wise, smart, good people, and I’m not sure they’re there"

Life is what you have to put up with when you are not dead

Sigmar
First Team Player
First Team Player

Re: Neville goes on a rant, and tells some home truths

Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:53 am

This rant stems from how easily Van Dyke scored, and the poor tactics of yesterday, I don't know who else was listening to him on Sky, but he was not impressed with the likes of Maguire and WanBissaka, players he said were playing above their level.
Keano and Evra did their best to defend Olé after the match and it was quite a heated discussion but the fact remains that we jsut don't have the quality to put out on the field, or in depth to match Liverpool at the moment, and to be honest, I can't see the Glazers putting the investment into the team, we are paying over the odds for average players, and paying over the odds in wages.

Life is what you have to put up with when you are not dead

raycreative
International Player
International Player

Re: Neville goes on a rant, and tells some home truths

Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:20 am

Sigmar wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 8:53 am
This rant stems from how easily Van Dyke scored, and the poor tactics of yesterday, I don't know who else was listening to him on Sky, but he was not impressed with the likes of Maguire and WanBissaka, players he said were playing above their level.
Keano and Evra did their best to defend Olé after the match and it was quite a heated discussion but the fact remains that we jsut don't have the quality to put out on the field, or in depth to match Liverpool at the moment, and to be honest, I can't see the Glazers putting the investment into the team, we are paying over the odds for average players, and paying over the odds in wages.
To a level i agree and to a level i disagree
Gary Neville is as frustrated as any United fan.And you can put Evra and Keano in that bracket as well
The problem is that despite never looking close to Liverpool and without forgetting the mauling last week by City(one more to come) and despite playing poor to moderate football all season you still say you "can't see the Glazers putting the investment into the team"
Of course they aren't going to do that
All the numbers quoted for what they have alledgedly spent during their tenure is smoke and mirrors.I thought you could see that
Pogba is not a £300k a week flop.He is a £300k a week investment to sell shirts and bring in social media.He is doing that
Wan- Bissake is not a £50m full back we have invested i.He is a relatively cheap replacement for Valencia who they had flogged to death.
To write off £50m over the length of his contract with the wages he is on makes him not an overpaid player but a cheapish option
Maguire is not an £80m centre half but they neded a big name signing to keep the overseas fans happy

As i have saod many many times
One fullback
One centre half
one tackling midfielder
One playmaker
One winger
and One centre forward

And despite being told we have invested £150m in Maguire,Wan-Bissaka and James(who has become anonymous) the list published last week by,i think you showed
Fellaini,Valencia,Smalling,Sanhez,Lukaku,Herrara,Young etc out and about one third replacement

Still they have the fans arguing that Pogba is shit and greedy and needs to go.If they sell him for £150m and get Fernandes or Gralish or somebody else for £60m they will tell you they have invested £60m.No they have not.They have nicked £90m plus the Young and Lukaku transfer money.The Glazers are not/never have invested in this team/club
When will folk realise they have taken over £1billion and don't come near the club

Finally a quick note on United's top medical staff
Pogba has a serious ankle problem that United's medical staff didn't notice/can't cure and fans call him a greedy bastard
Lukaku has an indigestion problem that United's medical staff didn't see.With two weeks of being in Italy they changed his diet and he has lost a load of weight and is now mobile
Rashford limped off the pitch last week with what the medical staff told Ole was a "dead leg".He has broken his back in two fornicate places and they didn't see it.AND this,i am told is such a serious injury that he may never recover to the full speed he currently has.Will that make him a lazy,greedy bastard.Wait and see

Return to “U-N-I-T-E-D”