Next Match: Image
Club Brugges in the Europa League.
Thursday 27th February 2020, KO 20:00 UTC.
RedSte
Reserve Team Coach
Reserve Team Coach

Re: Pre/Post Match Discussion: Premier League vs Burnley (h)

Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:57 pm

Sorry Del - you're way out of line there. I personally had £2000 in shares in the club and I did everything I could to avoid selling them and only did so on the last day before they would have been "acquired by statute" from me!

The leveraged buy out they used is a perfect encapsulation of gutter capitalism on steroids. Thankfully for other clubs it's now been made illegal, but of course that means we will be the ONLY club to suffer from this injustice!

My old man said be a City fan...

Nothing significant and lasting will ever come of FFP! - RedSte (2012)

Devil Pikney
Lifetime Supporter
Lifetime Supporter

Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:59 pm

Dante wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:55 pm
They bought the club with loans, secured against the club. I see it as stealing.

Ole will probably get the boot, but like I said when we bundled Jose into the ship canal whats the fornicate point? We'll bring in someone else who isn't allowed to do anything and then sack them down the line.

I can't say there were any positives from this match, but none of those issues would be resolved by sacking the manager.
I don't think they'll sack him...hope not anyway.
Pretty sure they know that would turn the fans even more against them.

More likely to buy a player or 2 just to placate the fans. Whether or not the buys will be worth it would of course be anybody's guess.

Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;None but ourselves can free our minds.

"Eric Cantona is a great player, but he's not as good as Ryan Giggs" - Johan Cruyff

"Maybe one day people will say I was another Ryan Giggs" - George Best

Sigmar
First Team Player
First Team Player

Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:00 pm

Dante wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:55 pm
They bought the club with loans, secured against the club. I see it as stealing.

Ole will probably get the boot, but like I said when we bundled Jose into the ship canal whats the fornicate point? We'll bring in someone else who isn't allowed to do anything and then sack them down the line.

I can't say there were any positives from this match, but none of those issues would be resolved by sacking the manager.
I'vealways maintained that not even Fergie could turn this buch around.
The board let Moyes dismantle everything that Fergie had built up, and now they are reaoing the rewards of his and their failings over the last 7 years.

Life is what you have to put up with when you are not dead

Dante
Referee
Referee

Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:01 pm

Why do they need to care about the fans though? Gate reciepts are a drop in the ocean for them. We don't have any power to do anything to them.

Devil Pikney
Lifetime Supporter
Lifetime Supporter

Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:03 pm

RedSte wrote:
Sorry Del - you're way out of line there. I personally had £2000 in shares in the club and I did everything I could to avoid selling them and only did so on the last day before they would have been "acquired by statute" from me!

The leveraged buy out they used is a perfect encapsulation of gutter capitalism on steroids. Thankfully for other clubs it's now been made illegal, but of course that means we will be the ONLY club to suffer from this injustice!
Maybe I am Ste but to be clear...I wasn't referring to the small shareholders but to Magnier and McManus. If they hadn't sold their shares(regardless of why they did so)then you wouldn't have been forced to sell yours.

Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;None but ourselves can free our minds.

"Eric Cantona is a great player, but he's not as good as Ryan Giggs" - Johan Cruyff

Sigmar
First Team Player
First Team Player

Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:06 pm

Dante wrote:
Why do they need to care about the fans though? Gate reciepts are a drop in the ocean for them. We don't have any power to do anything to them.
They have to lose the worldwide fanbase and merchandise buyers in China, that will really hurth their pockets.
I rad somewhere that Pogba's shirt sales paid his fee in some thing like 2 months.
If fans stop going to games that will hurt them match sponsor wise

Devil Pikney
Lifetime Supporter
Lifetime Supporter

Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:07 pm

Dante wrote:
Sponsors are based on fans who have the buying power. Being out of the CL this season and obviously next will affect the sponsors and also hopefully the same will happen with fan dissatisfaction with it happening at the same time.

Remember I didn't say that the players would necessarily be what we needed.
Just more as a soother for the fans.

Sigmar
First Team Player
First Team Player

Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:15 pm

Devil Pikney wrote:
RedSte wrote:

Maybe I am Ste but to be clear...I wasn't referring to the small shareholders but to Magnier and McManus. If they hadn't sold their shares(regardless of why they did so)then you wouldn't have been forced to sell yours.
I held out until the last minute as well.

Magnus and Magnier made out that they sold out because they wanted to move away from football and concentate on their studs and horse racing, they later revealed [privately] that they sold out to piss off Ferguson, knowing that it would loosen his grip on the club.
At the time of Fergusons [retirement] it was said the main reason for his retirement was the death of his sister in law, and wanting to spend more time with Kathy, the truth was that he had lost his grip on the club and Woodward wanted and got more control, he [Ferguson] couldn't work with Woodward.
This is proven somewhat because immediately after his "retirement" he toured promoting his book, Kathy never traveled with him, and he spends just as much time at OT and at games now as he did as manager.

Devil Pikney
Lifetime Supporter
Lifetime Supporter

Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:20 pm

Sigmar wrote:
Devil Pikney wrote:
RedSte wrote:

Magnus and Magnier made out that they sold out because they wanted to move away from football and concentate on their studs and horse racing, they later revealed [privately] that they sold out to piss off Ferguson, knowing that it would loosen his grip on the club.
At the time of Fergusons [retirement] it was said the main reason for his retirement was the death of his sister in law, and wanting to spend more time with Kathy, the truth was that he had lost his grip on the club and Woodward wanted and got more control, he [Ferguson] couldn't work with Woodward.
This is proven somewhat because immediately after his "retirement" he toured promoting his book, Kathy never traveled with him, and he spends just as much time at OT and at games now as he did as manager.
I'm not going to bother to get into the second part but as for the first....total crap and excuses to keep the fans off their back.
Magnier and McManus were first and foremost business men who were all about making money. No way they sold the club for any reason other than the money it made them when they did.

Devil Pikney
Lifetime Supporter
Lifetime Supporter

Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:23 pm

Damn nice to be having the type of conversation that we used to have on the Lounge instead of the crap that has gone on for the last while :clap:
Would be nice if it could actually continue and then maybe some old members would return and some new ones would join.

Sigmar
First Team Player
First Team Player

Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:37 pm

Devil Pikney wrote:
Sigmar wrote:
Devil Pikney wrote:

I'm not going to bother to get into the second part but as for the first....total crap and excuses to keep the fans off their back.
Magnier and McManus were first and foremost business men who were all about making money. No way they sold the club for any reason other than the money it made them when they did.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rock_of_Gibraltar_(horse)

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footb ... -deal.html

It's not bollocks, at the time I did a lot of research into the sale of the club as an interested party,it is posted up on this board somewhere [probably in the archives] under the username "Aragorn".
Not only did I research it through the media, press and stock exchange, I was at that time a regular at OT, and asked questions from people I knew then at the club, I may have had to put two and two together in some cases, but it was obvious to every one that Magnier was not too pleased about payng out £2.5m for a half share in a horse he gave to Fergie as a present !
Chek out the links above for a better than background account.

Devil Pikney
Lifetime Supporter
Lifetime Supporter

Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:52 pm

Sigmar wrote:
Devil Pikney wrote:
Sigmar wrote:

It's not bollocks, at the time I did a lot of research into the sale of the club as an interested party,it is posted up on this board somewhere [probably in the archives] under the username "Aragorn".
Not only did I research it through the media, press and stock exchange, I was at that time a regular at OT, and asked questions from people I knew then at the club, I may have had to put two and two together in some cases, but it was obvious to every one that Magnier was not too pleased about payng out £2.5m for a half share in a horse he gave to Fergie as a present !
Fair enough...I'll give them a read although I think I've read one of them before.
Regardless, doubt that I'll end up agreeing that business men like those two were reputed to be, would do anything that was not in their interest, just to piss off somebody because of an argument over a racehorse.
Was probably a bonus to make money and get back at Fergie at the same time but it would have been very unlikely that the money didn't come first.

Glorio
International Player
International Player

Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:06 am

First honest interview Ole has had in a long time.

From SSN:
Solskjaer said: "I'm responsible for what is happening on the pitch, we're looking to strengthen, we need to strengthen. We know that."

"We took the decision to let some players go as we needed to start afresh with a clear sight on the target in front of us which is a certain type of player. We know we need to get quality in and numbers in.

He added: "We are working to improve and get players in. Hopefully, we can get something over the line. These players are stretched, and I've got no complaints on any of them - they give everything they've got."

FINALLY he seems to realise he's talking to people with actual brains.

There is only one GOLDEN BOY

Sigmar
First Team Player
First Team Player

Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:03 am

Devil Pikney wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:52 pm
Sigmar wrote:
Devil Pikney wrote:

Fair enough...I'll give them a read although I think I've read one of them before.
Regardless, doubt that I'll end up agreeing that business men like those two were reputed to be, would do anything that was not in their interest, just to piss off somebody because of an argument over a racehorse.
Was probably a bonus to make money and get back at Fergie at the same time but it would have been very unlikely that the money didn't come first.
Oh they made sure they made money, but they were quite happy to sit on Uniteds board taking dividends until they fell out with Ferguson

raycreative
International Player
International Player

Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:51 am

It is frightening how little people like Devil actually know about where we are,how we got here and what the future looks like

Let's go back to the beginning of these thieves take over
Pre Glazer United's shares were held by the Irish Mafia,McManus and Magnier
They were two Manchester United fans who just loved to own this club.They just loved to come to games,unlike the Glazers.
The main business is horses.Breeding and racing.One thing they don't need is money.They never took a cent out
Like many of United's Irish fans they loved a weekend in Manchester and the success SAF brought to the club
They gave him total control of everything.From transfers to choice of pies.He was surrounded by good men AND United fans like David Gill.
His brother Martin Ferguson was chief scout and his son Jason was chief player finder(and agent).All the Fergusons did financially well out of thed eal.All the owners wanted was success on the field
If the club needed money to buy a player they had it available although the club rarely needed financial help
They were so happy with everything that was happening AND knowing SAF liked a bet and a day at the races(he still does) they bought a racehorse to race in his name.They paid for the horse,they paid the training fees and he kept the winnings
Unfortunately the horse was shit so they took it back,as they didn't want to humiliate him and bought another,The Rock of Gibraltar,
Now this nag didn't know how to lose.They had a lot of fun with it and SAF made a fortune in prize money.
Then its racing career came to an end and it went to stud.It was well wanted
Now at this point the horse goes back to its original owners ie McManus and Magnier but SAF didn't agree.He claimed it was his horse and threatened to sue them(Remember he hadn't put a penny in)They tried to get him to stop but the greedy bastard kept going so they turned on him
They asked for the clubs books,remember they own the bloody club but just left it to him.They specifically wanted to inestigate how many players in particular had been bought using Jason Ferguson as the agent and how much he had earned.
Also specifically how much had Martin Ferguson been paid and how much expenses had he received(since his wife had died Martin had soent a lot of time "scouting" in South America).He more of less lived in Brazil in a 5 star hotel,
Now these accounts did not arrive quickly and they decided to get out anyway as they felt shat on.
They made some shares available and they were hoovered up by the Glazer family using money that Ed Woodward borrowed on their behalf.At that time he was still a New York banker(is that the right word??)
Finally with SAF still not handing over the books they dumped ALL the United shares on the stock market and Ed Woodward put a Wonga deal together where the Glazers company bought all the shares using the clubs own cash plus a loan at about 28% interest
You cannot blame the Irish for selling.SAF forced that
Now Gill at that time warned against what was happening but he was threatened with the sack by the Glazers.
They did a deal to keep him quiet which is that he could stay on the United board as a director but he could not attend meetings.As a director he could join UEFA and FIFA.You have to be a director of a football club to allow this to happen
From that day onwards this arrangement has held
SAF was bribed not to tell the truth about the Glazers by being made ambassador and given £2m a yearto attend at least 20 games and sit smiling in the directors box.These arseholes buy people

So that's how it started

Since then thee parasites have taken over £1billion out of the club in wages,fees,dividends and the like
They have no interest in sport and don't care about success or failure on the field.Look at Tampa Bay

And what's the way forward.
Well with no desire for success there cannot be any
In or out of the Champions League doesn't concern them
Loss of income doesn't concern them as they balance that by cutting costs and investing in the squad.
When they eventually become an official mid table team they will cut the players salaries.It is already in their contracts.20% reduction with no champions league football for two consecutive years.
They are about to buy players they will tell you but without the lucrative European money they can't afford it will be the bollocks
They will sell Pogba for £150m and buy 3 players for £110m and convince the fans,who they already have argueing now how greedy and shit he was
Would you rather have Pogba or Pereira and Jesse?Be honest

So where is it going?
It's going to get worse.
They will hang on to Ole as long as they can.He brings in 2500 Norwegians every game spending £1000 each.So he pays for himself
I suspect he will eventually become director of football.A promotion that keeps the Norwegians onside
They will look high and low for a Chinese or Japenese player to sell shirts
I have no idea who the next manager might be but it won't be Pep or Klopp or anybody with that ability
The shares are up 1/3rd and there isn't a problem

So suck it up whilst it gets worse

Devil Pikney
Lifetime Supporter
Lifetime Supporter

Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:00 pm

Oh well, it was nice for the short time it lasted

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:06 pm

raycreative wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:51 am
It is frightening how little people like Devil actually know about where we are,how we got here and what the future looks like

Let's go back to the beginning of these thieves take over
Pre Glazer United's shares were held by the Irish Mafia,McManus and Magnier
They were two Manchester United fans who just loved to own this club.They just loved to come to games,unlike the Glazers.
The main business is horses.Breeding and racing.One thing they don't need is money.They never took a cent out
Like many of United's Irish fans they loved a weekend in Manchester and the success SAF brought to the club
They gave him total control of everything.From transfers to choice of pies.He was surrounded by good men AND United fans like David Gill.
His brother Martin Ferguson was chief scout and his son Jason was chief player finder(and agent).All the Fergusons did financially well out of thed eal.All the owners wanted was success on the field
If the club needed money to buy a player they had it available although the club rarely needed financial help
They were so happy with everything that was happening AND knowing SAF liked a bet and a day at the races(he still does) they bought a racehorse to race in his name.They paid for the horse,they paid the training fees and he kept the winnings
Unfortunately the horse was shit so they took it back,as they didn't want to humiliate him and bought another,The Rock of Gibraltar,
Now this nag didn't know how to lose.They had a lot of fun with it and SAF made a fortune in prize money.
Then its racing career came to an end and it went to stud.It was well wanted
Now at this point the horse goes back to its original owners ie McManus and Magnier but SAF didn't agree.He claimed it was his horse and threatened to sue them(Remember he hadn't put a penny in)They tried to get him to stop but the greedy bastard kept going so they turned on him
They asked for the clubs books,remember they own the bloody club but just left it to him.They specifically wanted to inestigate how many players in particular had been bought using Jason Ferguson as the agent and how much he had earned.
Also specifically how much had Martin Ferguson been paid and how much expenses had he received(since his wife had died Martin had soent a lot of time "scouting" in South America).He more of less lived in Brazil in a 5 star hotel,
Now these accounts did not arrive quickly and they decided to get out anyway as they felt shat on.
They made some shares available and they were hoovered up by the Glazer family using money that Ed Woodward borrowed on their behalf.At that time he was still a New York banker(is that the right word??)
Finally with SAF still not handing over the books they dumped ALL the United shares on the stock market and Ed Woodward put a Wonga deal together where the Glazers company bought all the shares using the clubs own cash plus a loan at about 28% interest
You cannot blame the Irish for selling.SAF forced that
Now Gill at that time warned against what was happening but he was threatened with the sack by the Glazers.
They did a deal to keep him quiet which is that he could stay on the United board as a director but he could not attend meetings.As a director he could join UEFA and FIFA.You have to be a director of a football club to allow this to happen
From that day onwards this arrangement has held
SAF was bribed not to tell the truth about the Glazers by being made ambassador and given £2m a yearto attend at least 20 games and sit smiling in the directors box.These arseholes buy people

So that's how it started

Since then thee parasites have taken over £1billion out of the club in wages,fees,dividends and the like
They have no interest in sport and don't care about success or failure on the field.Look at Tampa Bay

And what's the way forward.
Well with no desire for success there cannot be any
In or out of the Champions League doesn't concern them
Loss of income doesn't concern them as they balance that by cutting costs and investing in the squad.
When they eventually become an official mid table team they will cut the players salaries.It is already in their contracts.20% reduction with no champions league football for two consecutive years.
They are about to buy players they will tell you but without the lucrative European money they can't afford it will be the bollocks
They will sell Pogba for £150m and buy 3 players for £110m and convince the fans,who they already have argueing now how greedy and shit he was
Would you rather have Pogba or Pereira and Jesse?Be honest

So where is it going?
It's going to get worse.
They will hang on to Ole as long as they can.He brings in 2500 Norwegians every game spending £1000 each.So he pays for himself
I suspect he will eventually become director of football.A promotion that keeps the Norwegians onside
They will look high and low for a Chinese or Japenese player to sell shirts
I have no idea who the next manager might be but it won't be Pep or Klopp or anybody with that ability
The shares are up 1/3rd and there isn't a problem

So suck it up whilst it gets worse
This is a great and very informative post, I wouldn't dispute anything you have said because I know how tied you are to the club. Thanks for this summary. However the only thing I would disagree with, I would take Pererria over Pogba because I think Pogba and Lingard are a cancer in the club their presence needs to be removed for the club to move forward.

"Make America Great Again!"

raycreative
International Player
International Player

Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:45 pm

I fully understand where you are Ben and everybody is allowed to like or not an individual player but to compare a world cup winner like Pogba to an average player who has been out on loan 3 times to shit clubs who have all sent him back is a no brainer
If they do get rid of Pogba and i think they will in the summer and get £130/150m they should add this to the mythical pot and give the manger,whoever he is say £300m to spend

raycreative
International Player
International Player

Thu Jan 23, 2020 8:49 pm

Devil Pikney wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:00 pm

Oh well, it was nice for the short time it lasted

You been on the buckets of rum again?

You haven't a clue what has/is going on at Old Trafford yet you feel the need to give an experts opinion
If i was you,Long John i should put some lemonade with it and then you might see what the shit you/we are all watching really looks like

Or better still have a banner flown over Tuftys dancing monkeys in the Stretford End who were singing anti Glazer/Woodard songs
Wrtie on that they should get behind the lads because you,and only you can see positives somehow in this total mess that is getting worse :laugh: :laugh:

Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

Devil Pikney
Lifetime Supporter
Lifetime Supporter

Thu Jan 23, 2020 10:32 pm

Ah Sunshine...you do say the sweetest things for a deadhead.
And yes, when I see something positive about United I will point it out , just as I will when I see something negative.

I can't wait to see whether you'll get up on the right side of the bed or the left tomorrow since that seems to decide what your latest claimed rumor will be or what you'll hear from some imaginary friend or of course whether it'll be 500 hundred Norwegians or 2500 that come across because Ole is the manager,etc,etc,etc.

You constantly rant about smoke and mirrors but show no hesitation regarding dishing out your version of fake news to try and get your tired points across. But hey, you have accomplished something after all haven't you Sunshine....you've single handedly wrecked a United forum just as Woodward has gone a long way in wrecking United. Lol maybe like him you're also a scouse troll.

Anyway Sunshine, from what I understand you were banned permanently from Red Cafe and can't show your face there under any alias :clap: so I guess after you finish your wrecking job here, those who are interested can probably find somewhere to discuss our club in peace without every single thread reading the same.

As for your comments regarding rum, well don't worry your head Sunshine, it helps to block this image I have of you...Archie Bunker with an English accent, grinding his teeth every time United wins,muttering under his breath about Chinamen as you love to put it and whose greatest thrill in life seems to be United losing.

But cheer up Sunshine,if we ever do get relegated I'm sure you'll look good in blue ..... or come to think of it even better in that other red.
Archie Bunker with a scouse accent....priceless.

Anyway Sunshine, although our discussions have occasionally been entertaining, they've become a bit boring and tiresome and aren't getting the type of response they once would have from the mods(no surprise there I guess), so I don't think I'll be bothering to respond to you very much from now on but I will at least look forward to your usual retarded response to this post....doubt those dancing monkeys of yours can be any funnier (Y)

raycreative
International Player
International Player

Fri Jan 24, 2020 6:04 am

Don't know why i bothered to read your "positive" drivel but one quick note
I have never joined or posted or Red Cafe so i cannot have been banned

I am sure that this forum members will be gutted to know you aren't going to post any more
Main reason is that you post positives and i don't think anybody other than Ed,Ole,The Glazers and you see any at this club
:laugh: :laugh:

Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum

Dante
Referee
Referee

Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:07 pm

I'd second Lingard not being good enough, but a cancer?

Pereira has had a chance, and just doesn't seem good enough. Move him on, at 24 I don't think its possible to maje the jump he needs.

raycreative
International Player
International Player

Fri Jan 24, 2020 7:53 pm

Dante wrote:
Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:07 pm
I'd second Lingard not being good enough, but a cancer?

Pereira has had a chance, and just doesn't seem good enough. Move him on, at 24 I don't think its possible to maje the jump he needs.
I agree with all of that and you can add Jones and Lidelof and probably Chong and Gomes who have also had chances and not taken them
James is either tired or average or both but he makes no impression on a game and if Ole starts sticking Greenwood in every game in the hope he can do something there is only one outcome from that.He'll burn the lad out

Despite getting rid of 9 senior professionals
Herrara
Young
Valencia
Lukaku
Carrick
Blind
Fellaini
Sanchez
Smalling

They have only brought in just one,Maguire and a few kids
And Ole is talking crap about give him 4 years as he is building the foundations(His repuation,as predicted is buried possibly for good whilst he is talking this shit)
Many of the above needed to be sold or retired but replace them!!!

We are linked with 5 or 6 players.All bar Fernandes don't exist and that is looking like another copper up deal for Ed Woodward
He even stayed away from the Burnley game,presumably to give the impression he is after somebody

It#s all shit and getting worse.
There is not a positive thought or hope anywhere in the United ranks bar Captain Morgan and his bottle of rum on here,and i assume if he deals out his diatribe on any other forum he will get short shrift and become the same laughing stock as on this one

Sigmar
First Team Player
First Team Player

Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:44 pm

Looks like we are playing for a draw. 3-5-2 against Tranmere, and it looks like a great playing surface in places

Return to “U-N-I-T-E-D”