Loading...
Next Match: Image
Club Brugges in the Europa League.
Thursday 27th February 2020, KO 20:00 UTC.
User avatar
raycreative
International Player
International Player
Posts: 1057
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:03 pm

Great to read book-This is our story

Wed Jan 01, 2020 12:49 pm

I have just read a wonderful book I got for Xmas called This is our story
It is about Hearts Football Club
The fans thought the club was owned by a vert wealthy Russian but in fact he was a crook who had borrowed fortunes against everything the club owned,including the ground
When he went bust the club found out they were dealing with administrators and debt collectors from another country who just wanted to get as much money back as quickly as they could.
The club was in touching distance of vanishing for ever even though they were one of the oldest clubs in the world
The fans raised money to buy it back after a wealthy Hearts fan loaned a trust the cash to pay off the administrators
They survived,just but are now a long way from what they were
A lesson to learn methinks
Rather than just have another swig of rum from a cup with a Red Devil on and declare you know all there is to know but don’t give a shit you should try to spread the word
A read that gets you thinking



User avatar
Relly
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 6529
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:41 am

Re: Great to read book-This is our story

Wed Jan 01, 2020 4:30 pm

Ray what's your endgame? Everyone agrees with you, no one likes the Glazers. You come on here every day and post things like this that seem that they are meant to awaken naïve fans to the evils of the owners, well everyone is awaken, have been for a decade, The fans have done pretty much everything in their power to send a message or help rid the club of the Glazers and nothing phases them, they sign another sponsorship deal, collect their money and never visit Old Trafford.

What do you want from us?


"Make America Great Again!"

User avatar
Devil Pikney
Lifetime Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Posts: 1633
Joined: Wed May 07, 2008 2:23 am

Re: Great to read book-This is our story

Thu Jan 02, 2020 2:59 am

This ought to be good :whistle:
Image


Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;None but ourselves can free our minds.

"Eric Cantona is a great player, but he's not as good as Ryan Giggs" - Johan Cruyff

"Maybe one day people will say I was another Ryan Giggs" - George Best

User avatar
raycreative
International Player
International Player
Posts: 1057
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:03 pm

Re: Great to read book-This is our story

Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:05 pm

If it stays as shit and continues to deteriorate as it has done you have but a few choices

Carry on complaining
It worked for the Scousers with Gilette and Hicks
It has just worked with Charlton

With other clubs like Newcastle it doesn't work because they moan but keep going

Or you can take another large swig of rum and do nowt becuase you never have any intention of seeing a game live
Make you you get a mug with a Red evil on it and hope plenty of people give you a birthday card with NUMBER ONE United fan on :laugh: :laugh:



User avatar
Sigmar
First Team Player
First Team Player
Posts: 620
Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:36 pm

Re: Great to read book-This is our story

Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:04 pm

raycreative wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:05 pm
If it stays as shit and continues to deteriorate as it has done you have but a few choices

Carry on complaining
It worked for the Scousers with Gilette and Hicks
It has just worked with Charlton

With other clubs like Newcastle it doesn't work because they moan but keep going

Or you can take another large swig of rum and do nowt becuase you never have any intention of seeing a game live
Make you you get a mug with a Red evil on it and hope plenty of people give you a birthday card with NUMBER ONE United fan on
:laugh: :laugh:
Ray this is really where you let yourself down, not all of us are withing traveling distance of OT, or can afford to go to every home game.

You are really a bit of a hypocrite too, why don't YOU start the ball rolling and start a campaign to get season ticket holders and match goers to stop attending matches and stop buying merchandise.

You will not do that though will you, because like many others, you still want to go to OT no matter how bad the football is, and how much money is going into the Glazers pockets, you are more guilty than most of us feeding the monkeys


Life is what you have to put up with when you are not dead

User avatar
raycreative
International Player
International Player
Posts: 1057
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:03 pm

Re: Great to read book-This is our story

Fri Jan 03, 2020 9:08 am

Sigmar wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:04 pm
raycreative wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:05 pm
If it stays as shit and continues to deteriorate as it has done you have but a few choices

Carry on complaining
It worked for the Scousers with Gilette and Hicks
It has just worked with Charlton

With other clubs like Newcastle it doesn't work because they moan but keep going

Or you can take another large swig of rum and do nowt becuase you never have any intention of seeing a game live
Make you you get a mug with a Red evil on it and hope plenty of people give you a birthday card with NUMBER ONE United fan on
:laugh: :laugh:
Ray this is really where you let yourself down, not all of us are withing traveling distance of OT, or can afford to go to every home game.

You are really a bit of a hypocrite too, why don't YOU start the ball rolling and start a campaign to get season ticket holders and match goers to stop attending matches and stop buying merchandise.

You will not do that though will you, because like many others, you still want to go to OT no matter how bad the football is, and how much money is going into the Glazers pockets, you are more guilty than most of us feeding the monkeys
Well that is where you are wrong

I have no problem with people not being able to get to Old Trafford because of distance or funds but i do have an issue with being told constantly by people that "we know everything that is happening and we know the football is shit so stop keep telling us and get behind the team"
"That's not all the team ie not Pogba but the likes of Perriera and James and Fred who are all nowhere near top class but will be around a ling time ala Jones and Young and Mata"
On a personal note i now miss probably 4 out of 6 games.I used to go to every game.I deeply regret having bought two tickets for me and my son and i will not be renewing BUT that is what the club want as they can sell a better quality season ticket,such as mine to a Chinaman or Norwegian for a grand a game
I do not and will not spend a penny in the ground.Not in the souvenir shop not a packet of crisps etc
I try to do my bit but i won't be lectured by somebody like the devil and told to "just forget what is going on"



User avatar
Relly
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 6529
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:41 am

Re: Great to read book-This is our story

Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:09 pm

Sigmar wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:04 pm
raycreative wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 5:05 pm
If it stays as shit and continues to deteriorate as it has done you have but a few choices

Carry on complaining
It worked for the Scousers with Gilette and Hicks
It has just worked with Charlton

With other clubs like Newcastle it doesn't work because they moan but keep going

Or you can take another large swig of rum and do nowt becuase you never have any intention of seeing a game live
Make you you get a mug with a Red evil on it and hope plenty of people give you a birthday card with NUMBER ONE United fan on
:laugh: :laugh:
Ray this is really where you let yourself down, not all of us are withing traveling distance of OT, or can afford to go to every home game.

You are really a bit of a hypocrite too, why don't YOU start the ball rolling and start a campaign to get season ticket holders and match goers to stop attending matches and stop buying merchandise.

You will not do that though will you, because like many others, you still want to go to OT no matter how bad the football is, and how much money is going into the Glazers pockets, you are more guilty than most of us feeding the monkeys
I'm not being a dick and I am not saying suck it up and get behind the team, I am legitimately asking you what do you expect of us, and all fans, to do about these horrible owners that have no intention of going anywhere? What's the goal in complaining to a bunch of people that all essentially agree with you? And if we do all pretty much agree and we all know it's not going to change, then is there really harm in trying to make the best of what we got and try to enjoy the football? And I haven't spent a cent on Manchester United merchandise in probably 7 or 8 years, beyond not financially supporting the owners, what else is there? I'm trying to be constructive here, looking for real answers.


"Make America Great Again!"

User avatar
raycreative
International Player
International Player
Posts: 1057
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:03 pm

Re: Great to read book-This is our story

Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:02 pm

You not spending any money is not going to stop anything
I suspect that you have not spent,not in protest,but because there is nothing you want
That is half the battle
Now explain to anybody you know that might spend money on say a shirt for little Johnny for a birthday,Xmas present what is happening and how any such spending will only elongate the tenure.
If you don't know anybody else who supports United then there is nothing more you can do.
It's when nobs suggest you have a drink and cheer on what we have(Lindelof,Dalot,Jones.Sanchez,Lingard,Shaw,Mata,Matic,Smalling) because they play for United then you realise how many mugs the Glazers and Ed Woodward can still find to defend the situation for them



User avatar
Sigmar
First Team Player
First Team Player
Posts: 620
Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:36 pm

Re: Great to read book-This is our story

Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:06 pm

raycreative wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:02 pm
You not spending any money is not going to stop anything
I suspect that you have not spent,not in protest,but because there is nothing you want
That is half the battle
Now explain to anybody you know that might spend money on say a shirt for little Johnny for a birthday,Xmas present what is happening and how any such spending will only elongate the tenure.
If you don't know anybody else who supports United then there is nothing more you can do.
It's when nobs suggest you have a drink and cheer on what we have(Lindelof,Dalot,Jones.Sanchez,Lingard,Shaw,Mata,Matic,Smalling) because they play for United then you realise how many mugs the Glazers and Ed Woodward can still find to defend the situation for them
You are one one of the mugs by buying a season ticket, and turning up for games, paying inflated prices in the bar etc etc.

As for merchandise, I used to be bought loads of it for Christmas and birthdays, from mousemats to shirts, but I've told all my relatives I don't want it anymore.
I cant get to matches every week, I used to make a pilgrimage to OT three or four times a year with my eldest, but neither of us wants to do it now, we don't want to put our hard earned cash into the Glazers pockets.

Besides bitching about it on a forum, what do you do Ray ?

PS.
I stopped my subscription to BT and Sky Sports too, the only way I catch up on games now is online via the BBC ticker


Life is what you have to put up with when you are not dead

User avatar
Relly
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 6529
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:41 am

Re: Great to read book-This is our story

Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:47 pm

raycreative wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:02 pm
You not spending any money is not going to stop anything
I suspect that you have not spent,not in protest,but because there is nothing you want
That is half the battle
Now explain to anybody you know that might spend money on say a shirt for little Johnny for a birthday,Xmas present what is happening and how any such spending will only elongate the tenure.
If you don't know anybody else who supports United then there is nothing more you can do.
It's when nobs suggest you have a drink and cheer on what we have(Lindelof,Dalot,Jones.Sanchez,Lingard,Shaw,Mata,Matic,Smalling) because they play for United then you realise how many mugs the Glazers and Ed Woodward can still find to defend the situation for them
I think the thing that has generally separated Manchester United from other football clubs, or sports teams in general, is that the fan base is always been relentlessly behind the club and it's players, whether they deserve it or not. Manchester United fans are not fans that will openly criticize their player or manager and boo them at Old Trafford.

I have been posting with this group, or what's left of it, since the 2003 season, starting on Talking Reds, then moving here. And I can tell you, when we sold Beckham and bought the utter shite that was David Bellion, Eric Djemba x2, Liam Miller, Kleberson, etc... I was so frustrated that I was the only one complaining about the shite players we had while everyone else was supporting them. When after years of Nani and Anderson not living up to their potential, also lining up with a rather poor era of results I was again getting frustrated at United fans sticking by these bad players just because they are in United shirts, when Rooney played 5 years beyond his best before date It was me, almost solely, complaining about Rooney while everyone told me I had to support him because he's a United legend.

It's in the nature of United fans to support whoever is representing the club on the field and I can't believe I have to tell YOU this, because your are born and bred United to the core.

Things aren't going to change in the forseeable future, we are stuck with awful owners who are raping the club for every cent they can, the are neglecting the playing staff and now neglecting the coaching staff and this won't change. So either you make do with what you have, ie supporting the team that takes the pitch on Saturday afternoon, or you take up a new hobby and hope things change while you aren't paying attention. But this banging your head against a wall and screaming at a cloud isn't accomplishing anything and can't be good for your well being. And for the record Ray I am not saying, suck it up or find another club, because who the hell am I to tell you how to support United? As much as I love them I don't think I would ever have the connection you do, I just can't see where this is an enjoyable past time anymore, when in the end, the essentially all it really is.


"Make America Great Again!"

User avatar
Sigmar
First Team Player
First Team Player
Posts: 620
Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:36 pm

Re: Great to read book-This is our story

Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:09 pm

Relly wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:47 pm
raycreative wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:02 pm
You not spending any money is not going to stop anything
I suspect that you have not spent,not in protest,but because there is nothing you want
That is half the battle
Now explain to anybody you know that might spend money on say a shirt for little Johnny for a birthday,Xmas present what is happening and how any such spending will only elongate the tenure.
If you don't know anybody else who supports United then there is nothing more you can do.
It's when nobs suggest you have a drink and cheer on what we have(Lindelof,Dalot,Jones.Sanchez,Lingard,Shaw,Mata,Matic,Smalling) because they play for United then you realise how many mugs the Glazers and Ed Woodward can still find to defend the situation for them
I think the thing that has generally separated Manchester United from other football clubs, or sports teams in general, is that the fan base is always been relentlessly behind the club and it's players, whether they deserve it or not. Manchester United fans are not fans that will openly criticize their player or manager and boo them at Old Trafford.

I have been posting with this group, or what's left of it, since the 2003 season, starting on Talking Reds, then moving here. And I can tell you, when we sold Beckham and bought the utter shite that was David Bellion, Eric Djemba x2, Liam Miller, Kleberson, etc... I was so frustrated that I was the only one complaining about the shite players we had while everyone else was supporting them. When after years of Nani and Anderson not living up to their potential, also lining up with a rather poor era of results I was again getting frustrated at United fans sticking by these bad players just because they are in United shirts, when Rooney played 5 years beyond his best before date It was me, almost solely, complaining about Rooney while everyone told me I had to support him because he's a United legend.

It's in the nature of United fans to support whoever is representing the club on the field and I can't believe I have to tell YOU this, because your are born and bred United to the core.

Things aren't going to change in the forseeable future, we are stuck with awful owners who are raping the club for every cent they can, the are neglecting the playing staff and now neglecting the coaching staff and this won't change. So either you make do with what you have, ie supporting the team that takes the pitch on Saturday afternoon, or you take up a new hobby and hope things change while you aren't paying attention. But this banging your head against a wall and screaming at a cloud isn't accomplishing anything and can't be good for your well being. And for the record Ray I am not saying, suck it up or find another club, because who the hell am I to tell you how to support United? As much as I love them I don't think I would ever have the connection you do, I just can't see where this is an enjoyable past time anymore, when in the end, the essentially all it really is.
:clap: :clap:
Post of the Glazer era
:clap: :clap:


Life is what you have to put up with when you are not dead

User avatar
Devil Pikney
Lifetime Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Posts: 1633
Joined: Wed May 07, 2008 2:23 am

Re: Great to read book-This is our story

Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:43 pm

Sigmar wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:09 pm
Relly wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:47 pm
raycreative wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 5:02 pm
You not spending any money is not going to stop anything
I suspect that you have not spent,not in protest,but because there is nothing you want
That is half the battle
Now explain to anybody you know that might spend money on say a shirt for little Johnny for a birthday,Xmas present what is happening and how any such spending will only elongate the tenure.
If you don't know anybody else who supports United then there is nothing more you can do.
It's when nobs suggest you have a drink and cheer on what we have(Lindelof,Dalot,Jones.Sanchez,Lingard,Shaw,Mata,Matic,Smalling) because they play for United then you realise how many mugs the Glazers and Ed Woodward can still find to defend the situation for them
I think the thing that has generally separated Manchester United from other football clubs, or sports teams in general, is that the fan base is always been relentlessly behind the club and it's players, whether they deserve it or not. Manchester United fans are not fans that will openly criticize their player or manager and boo them at Old Trafford.

I have been posting with this group, or what's left of it, since the 2003 season, starting on Talking Reds, then moving here. And I can tell you, when we sold Beckham and bought the utter shite that was David Bellion, Eric Djemba x2, Liam Miller, Kleberson, etc... I was so frustrated that I was the only one complaining about the shite players we had while everyone else was supporting them. When after years of Nani and Anderson not living up to their potential, also lining up with a rather poor era of results I was again getting frustrated at United fans sticking by these bad players just because they are in United shirts, when Rooney played 5 years beyond his best before date It was me, almost solely, complaining about Rooney while everyone told me I had to support him because he's a United legend.

It's in the nature of United fans to support whoever is representing the club on the field and I can't believe I have to tell YOU this, because your are born and bred United to the core.

Things aren't going to change in the forseeable future, we are stuck with awful owners who are raping the club for every cent they can, the are neglecting the playing staff and now neglecting the coaching staff and this won't change. So either you make do with what you have, ie supporting the team that takes the pitch on Saturday afternoon, or you take up a new hobby and hope things change while you aren't paying attention. But this banging your head against a wall and screaming at a cloud isn't accomplishing anything and can't be good for your well being. And for the record Ray I am not saying, suck it up or find another club, because who the hell am I to tell you how to support United? As much as I love them I don't think I would ever have the connection you do, I just can't see where this is an enjoyable past time anymore, when in the end, the essentially all it really is.
:clap: :clap:
Post of the Glazer era
:clap: :clap:
Agreed....good post Relly but I doubt he'll understand it any better than he does mine :roll:


Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;None but ourselves can free our minds.

"Eric Cantona is a great player, but he's not as good as Ryan Giggs" - Johan Cruyff

"Maybe one day people will say I was another Ryan Giggs" - George Best

User avatar
raycreative
International Player
International Player
Posts: 1057
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:03 pm

Re: Great to read book-This is our story

Sat Jan 04, 2020 10:43 am

Of course i understand Ben's post and i think it does cover a lot
There is a slightly different opion available however which is just to watch the game by whatever medium suits but NOT get behind the team,the squad,the club etc
No point in commenting how good or bad a mostly average player played in a specific game.Just watch and leave it at that whilst following the course of not spending a penny
Despite Sigmar thinking i buy a season ticket i can assure him i don't.I jib in as i know the kid on the door.You won't be surprised to know there are empty seats in the lounge every game.I don't buy a beer.I just help myself to the complimentary tea,coffee and hot chocolate

Now as for understanding Devil's posts.Well i am neither a nuclear scientist nor an alcohol councellor so i don't try to understand jibberish



Return to “U-N-I-T-E-D”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users