Loading...
Next Match: Image
Club Brugges in the Europa League.
Thursday 27th February 2020, KO 20:00 UTC.
Sandies
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 6565
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:15 am

Re: transfer window

Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:40 am

Relly wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:03 pm
Goku wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:46 pm
The fact is getting Bruno so late is to satisfy the fans. Had we signed Bruno earlier we, the fans, would have looked at a striker which we so badly need.
That's definitely an interesting thought, never saw it before, but it makes sense.

We signed a guy who was available for 20 mil less in the summer that we said no to, then available 29 days ago for the same price, the day after Ed had his house attacked and received the most abuse the Glazers have seen since Jan.

Don't forget when Pogba goes in the summer, they'll tell us he's already been replaced and pocked the left over 50-60 mil


"Beckham... into Sheringham... and Solskjær has won it!"

User avatar
Goku
Reserve
Reserve
Posts: 363
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:31 am

Re: transfer window

Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:47 am

Sandies wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:40 am
Relly wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:03 pm
Goku wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:46 pm
The fact is getting Bruno so late is to satisfy the fans. Had we signed Bruno earlier we, the fans, would have looked at a striker which we so badly need.
That's definitely an interesting thought, never saw it before, but it makes sense.
This Glazers know nothing about football and the evidence is there. The biggest club in the world and they run it as we said a big cash cow.

1bn pounds they took out. So what's the probability that they will sell?

We signed a guy who was available for 20 mil less in the summer that we said no to, then available 29 days ago for the same price, the day after Ed had his house attacked and received the most abuse the Glazers have seen since Jan.

Don't forget when Pogba goes in the summer, they'll tell us he's already been replaced and pocked the left over 50-60 mil



User avatar
raycreative
International Player
International Player
Posts: 1057
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:03 pm

Re: transfer window

Thu Jan 30, 2020 4:13 pm

Have they got rid of another one?

Not being content to get rid of Young(saving £8.5m) a year and Rojo(saving the same amount) and using that money to effectively but Fernandes for nothing the club is still on a penny pinching curve
i believe 3 youngsters have gone out on loan to save a few grand and now i am told that nobody has seen Tuanzabe for several days
Normally he is first in but not since early this week
His locker is also open wide and empty
I may be barking up the wrong tree but if a couple of coins can be saved this lot want to do it

Also anybody wonder what number Fernandes will get
Odds on a commercial number imo



User avatar
Goku
Reserve
Reserve
Posts: 363
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:31 am

Re: transfer window

Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:00 pm

Number 11 for the time being



Dante
Referee
Referee
Posts: 9133
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 5:16 pm

Re: transfer window

Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:09 pm

A signing, fornicate hell.

I'm sure there is another just around the corner.


Image

User avatar
raycreative
International Player
International Player
Posts: 1057
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:03 pm

Re: transfer window

Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:31 pm

They gave him a shirt at the unveiling today for the photo shoot
They gave him a number 18 and took Ashley young's name off and put his name on AND spelled it wrong



User avatar
HuSsAiN
International Player
International Player
Posts: 2137
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:10 pm

Re: transfer window

Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:39 am

16 is available too..

what number did he get?


Watch your thoughts; they become words.
Watch your words; they become actions.
Watch your actions; they become habits.
Watch your habits; they become character.
Watch your character; it becomes your destiny!


HuSsAiN

User avatar
raycreative
International Player
International Player
Posts: 1057
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:03 pm

Re: transfer window

Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:40 am

United's new spin doctor now working overtime
He is putting it about that United are after 4 strikers.And they expect you to believe this tosh
If they were indeed after a striker why would you leave it until the last half day of the window?

The story that is doing the rounds with more credibility is that they are to drop Pogba' price so he can leave in the summer
I feel that this is true and i bet they insist on cash up front.No IOU payment over 3 years

Wait and see



User avatar
raycreative
International Player
International Player
Posts: 1057
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:03 pm

Re: transfer window

Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:39 am

now hearing they HAVE signed a striker
Will be announced after Ole's press conference



Dante
Referee
Referee
Posts: 9133
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 5:16 pm

Re: transfer window

Fri Jan 31, 2020 2:32 pm

raycreative wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:39 am
now hearing they HAVE signed a striker
Will be announced after Ole's press conference
If this is Josh King, fornicate hell.


Image

User avatar
Devil Pikney
Lifetime Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Posts: 1633
Joined: Wed May 07, 2008 2:23 am

Re: transfer window

Fri Jan 31, 2020 6:20 pm

Hopefully not....too injury prone,too old and not prolific enough to sign permanently for an inflated price.

That said, he does score more than Martial :headbang:


Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;None but ourselves can free our minds.

"Eric Cantona is a great player, but he's not as good as Ryan Giggs" - Johan Cruyff

"Maybe one day people will say I was another Ryan Giggs" - George Best

User avatar
raycreative
International Player
International Player
Posts: 1057
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:03 pm

Re: transfer window

Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:00 pm

It looks like Josh King negotiations are over
I assume they wanted him to tickle Norwegian bollocks as they are the biggest buyers of the Bobby Charlton VIP package

The room at Carrington is still set up but no signs of the important Ed Woodward and even more important Scouse Matt Judge



User avatar
Glorio
International Player
International Player
Posts: 2442
Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2007 12:36 am

Re: transfer window

Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:29 pm

Ighalo ... lol

I guess he is a striker. They said striker - nothing about the quality of said striker


There is only one GOLDEN BOY

User avatar
raycreative
International Player
International Player
Posts: 1057
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:03 pm

Re: transfer window

Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:38 am

Ed is going to be busy in summer

Wait and see :laugh: :laugh:

So which is it?
"We all know what is happening and are fed up of hearing it" or "just get behind the team"

As i have told you for years.It is slowly getting worse and yet again i am proven right
Two out and two in and still not replaced any of the class acts we are missing
They've not spent a cent of the Glazer money yet again.Just shuffled the money they saved on Young and Rojo whilst pretending Ole has had £70m on Glazer investment in a bad time
And Ole is quoted as "being pleased with what he has"
FFS



User avatar
Goku
Reserve
Reserve
Posts: 363
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:31 am

Re: transfer window

Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:56 am

Glorio wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:29 pm
Ighalo ... lol

I guess he is a striker. They said striker - nothing about the quality of said striker
Iglo or however you spell his name is a good finisher and wins freekick. I guess something is better than nothing and, we have a reset button.

If Pogba is back, Rashford back and Mctommy we don't look a bad side now. Of coz somebody is better than nobody and it's just a 6 month loan deal.

Smart scout says his finishing is 90. If expectations are low the player might surprise.



User avatar
raycreative
International Player
International Player
Posts: 1057
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:03 pm

Re: transfer window

Sat Feb 01, 2020 9:40 am

I love your optimism Goku but the sheer fact that you don't know how to spell his name is a reflection of his fame
He is a Watford reject.
He started his career at Udinese where they gave up on him after one season and loaned him out FOUR times and he kept getting sent back before finally resting at Watford

I like your comment about being a good finisher.That did amuse me.
Did you know that in his last full season at Watford he scored ONE goal and did not score in his last 15 games.You call that a "good finisher".That is Jesse Lingaard quality

He is yet another Glazer budgie unfortunately.He is "cheap"



User avatar
Relly
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 6529
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:41 am

Re: transfer window

Sat Feb 01, 2020 3:44 pm

Goku wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 8:56 am
Glorio wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:29 pm
Ighalo ... lol

I guess he is a striker. They said striker - nothing about the quality of said striker
Iglo or however you spell his name is a good finisher and wins freekick. I guess something is better than nothing and, we have a reset button.

If Pogba is back, Rashford back and Mctommy we don't look a bad side now. Of coz somebody is better than nobody and it's just a 6 month loan deal.

Smart scout says his finishing is 90. If expectations are low the player might surprise.
Pogba won't be back, he'll never be back. He doesn't want to play for United.


"Make America Great Again!"

User avatar
Relly
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 6529
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:41 am

Re: transfer window

Sat Feb 01, 2020 3:51 pm

This Igalho signing is more embarrassing for the club then not signing anyone. What the fornicate is going on at this club, we are a laughing stock.


"Make America Great Again!"

Dante
Referee
Referee
Posts: 9133
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 5:16 pm

Re: transfer window

Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:28 pm

Ighalo is a body that can wear a shirt I suppose.


Image

User avatar
raycreative
International Player
International Player
Posts: 1057
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:03 pm

Re: transfer window

Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:28 am

I have been saying this for a while now

All they want is 22 arms,22 legs and a dick
If any of the womens team do well that might even change with this club!!



User avatar
Devil Pikney
Lifetime Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Posts: 1633
Joined: Wed May 07, 2008 2:23 am

Re: transfer window

Sun Feb 02, 2020 3:48 pm

Dante wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 4:28 pm
Ighalo is a body that can wear a shirt I suppose.
Agree to a point but we might have ended up with far worse options than Ighalo and until Rashford comes back, Ighalo might just prove more effective than what we have up front at the moment. Quite a good record in his only full season in the PL (15 goals), although admittedly the following half season before he left his form was terrible (1 goal)

Top scorer in ACN qualifying and then top scorer at the ACN finals last year so he can score. His record is excellent in China as well but I won't bother with those stats based on how poorly the Chinese league is thought of.

Doesn't hurt that he's been a fan of the club since he was a kid, as that'll give him the incentive to try as hard as possible to do well and earn a contract.

Has to be better than buying an injured Josh King for an inflated price that we would never have been able to sell him back for, which would likely have meant that no matter how badly he did, come summer we would be hearing that we have 4 strikers and so didn't need to buy anyone.

Not a lot of strikers out there...just ask Spurs and Chelsea who weren't able to buy one, and as far as I'm concerned, the fact that United didn't run out and buy Cavani is a hopeful sign that somebody is starting to pay attention to the mistakes of the last few years with Falcao and the rest.

Buying a proven striker should have been dealt with from last summer when we sold Lukaku but since it wasn't, I hope Ighalo grabs his chance and does well for the club.

If he doesn't, well we're no worse off than we were before we brought him in on loan and then hopefully we'll buy a decent striker in the summer.


Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;None but ourselves can free our minds.

"Eric Cantona is a great player, but he's not as good as Ryan Giggs" - Johan Cruyff

"Maybe one day people will say I was another Ryan Giggs" - George Best

User avatar
raycreative
International Player
International Player
Posts: 1057
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:03 pm

Re: transfer window

Sun Feb 02, 2020 4:37 pm

The above "anything is better than nothing argument" is piss poor
Your whole decision revolves around the fact that Ed Woodward was not able to get ANYBODY to come but as this Watford reject is a United "fan" he has a chance.
He has no record at all end of other than half a good season at a shit team
I can find a player or two at Salford City reds that fit that argument and there are a couple at Rochdale as well

If they were that desperate they could have continued with Greenwood and the circus midget Gomes

No,let us face the truth.They didn't want to spend any money.This tosser from China won't be costing more than a few spring rolls and may even have been paid for by a noodle sponsor.You will never know

What i am 100% sure of is that with two weeks to go Matt Judge was offered Dries Mertens from Napoli.I have a friend who acts for the lad
He has a contract that ends at the end of this season.He is a proven goal scorer and has been ALL his career and not half a season at a shit club.He is just a few goals short of Napoli's all time record goalscorer
Matt Judge/Ed Woodward/United were offered any one of several deals
1 Loan until the end of the season and then talk
2 Loan until the end of the season and an option to buy
3 Just buy now

We are talking about a less than £10m deal and United were not interested.
WHY FFS??
The only thing i can think of is that by getting Ighalo they may be hoping to attract a few Chinese tourists.
Getting Ighalo makes no sense



User avatar
Devil Pikney
Lifetime Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Posts: 1633
Joined: Wed May 07, 2008 2:23 am

Re: transfer window

Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:05 pm

Seems to me that I never said "anything is better than nothing".
Rather that Ighalo was not the worse option.

And yes Dries Martens sounds like he was a great deal....that's why he was snapped up by....nobody.

Maybe that has to do with the player himself saying that he'd probably prefer to stay at Napoli until the end of the season because he's only 4 goals away from becoming their top scorer ever. Or maybe it's because Napoli has said that they're not in a rush to sell him because they still hope to come to an agreement over his staying. Then again it may be because of the extremely strong rumors that he's already reached an agreement with Inter to join them next season.

And some how I have a sneaking suspicion that if we had bought a 32 year old striker,someone (who shall of course remain nameless) would have been accusing the club of buying an over the hill shirt seller,etc etc,etc.

P.S. You should make contact with Guinness......It must be some kind of record to have an invisible friend/s sticking around so long after you hit puberty.


Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;None but ourselves can free our minds.

"Eric Cantona is a great player, but he's not as good as Ryan Giggs" - Johan Cruyff

"Maybe one day people will say I was another Ryan Giggs" - George Best

User avatar
Sigmar
First Team Player
First Team Player
Posts: 620
Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:36 pm

Re: transfer window

Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:24 pm

raycreative wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 4:37 pm
The above "anything is better than nothing argument" is piss poor
Your whole decision revolves around the fact that Ed Woodward was not able to get ANYBODY to come but as this Watford reject is a United "fan" he has a chance.
He has no record at all end of other than half a good season at a shit team
I can find a player or two at Salford City reds that fit that argument and there are a couple at Rochdale as well

If they were that desperate they could have continued with Greenwood and the circus midget Gomes

No,let us face the truth.They didn't want to spend any money.This tosser from China won't be costing more than a few spring rolls and may even have been paid for by a noodle sponsor.You will never know

What i am 100% sure of is that with two weeks to go Matt Judge was offered Dries Mertens from Napoli.I have a friend who acts for the lad
He has a contract that ends at the end of this season.He is a proven goal scorer and has been ALL his career and not half a season at a shit club.He is just a few goals short of Napoli's all time record goalscorer
Matt Judge/Ed Woodward/United were offered any one of several deals
1 Loan until the end of the season and then talk
2 Loan until the end of the season and an option to buy
3 Just buy now

We are talking about a less than £10m deal and United were not interested.
WHY FFS??
The only thing i can think of is that by getting Ighalo they may be hoping to attract a few Chinese tourists.
Getting Ighalo makes no sense
As he is a former Nigerian International [and not a very good one at that] he's more likely to attract more of the GGMU brigade, who listen to games on a 1960's transitor radio.

I do agree though that the signing makes no sense whatsoever, no more sense than Bebé, Demba x 2, Ted Macdoougal, or Peter Davnport. The EPL is way above his level, but then that goes for a few in this squad.


Life is what you have to put up with when you are not dead

User avatar
raycreative
International Player
International Player
Posts: 1057
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:03 pm

Re: transfer window

Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:51 pm

All the same though
2 arms,2 legs,1 dick and a Glazer budgie--cheap



Return to “U-N-I-T-E-D”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users