Next Match: Image
Everton in the Premier League.
Sunday 15th December 2019, KO 14:00 UTC.
Ole
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain

Pre/Post Match Discussion: Europa League vs FC Astana (a)

Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:47 pm

Image vs. Image

Away to FC Astana in the Europa League.
Thursday 28th November 2019, KO 15:50 BST.

Sigmar
First Team Player
First Team Player

Re: Pre/Post Match Discussion: Europa League vs FC Astana (a)

Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:06 am

Is this game being played in Astana, because at present the temperature out there is -8deg C, with snow, ow call me an old sceptic, but doesn't that mean a frozen pitch ?

Just checked according to Sky this is being played at the Astana arena !

I hope the pitch is heated and indoors

Life is what you have to put up with when you are not dead

SUBXERO
International Player
International Player

Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:08 pm

Indoors: aye
Heated: possibly

UNITED > ENGLAND

Ole
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain

Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:32 pm

Interesting squad that's travelled:

Goalkeepers: Lee Grant (36), Matej Kovar (19).

Defenders: Max Taylor (19), Luke Shaw (24), Axel Tuanzebe (22), Teden Mengi (17), Di'Shon Bernard (19), Ethan Laird (18).

Midfielder: Dylan Levitt (19), Ethan Galbraith (18), Arnau Puigmal (18), James Garner (18), Jesse Lingard (26), Tahith Chong (19), Angel Gomes (19).

Forwards: Largie Ramazani (19), D'Mani Bughail-Mellor (19), Mason Greenwood (18).

RedSte
Reserve Team Coach
Reserve Team Coach

Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:33 pm

Wow - I've never even heard of 4 of that squad!

Wonder who will be captain? Shaw?? Lingard???

My old man said be a City fan...

Nothing significant and lasting will ever come of FFP! - RedSte (2012)

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:13 pm

Says a lot about where Lingard is at right now. I'd even captain Tuanzebe

Interested to see how Laird goes. Williams had to move to left back early on to avoid him and now he's one of our most solid players

"Beckham... into Sheringham... and Solskjær has won it!"

raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player

Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:39 am

Talking about Williams i see Ole has sent Luke Shaw to Astana tonight as he claims Williams is that good he now sees him as his number one left back and Shaw now has to fight for his place
Ole is so impressed with Williams that he has shelved plans to sign a left back to replace Ashley Young
Now call me an old cynic but Williams got a complete dicking at left back against the mighty Sheffield United last weekend
So much so that i fear for what will happen against Son and Sterling in the next couple of weeks

raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player

Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:00 pm

Anybody on here got the slightest interest in
This game?
This team?
This club?

my two favourite players are in this mighty team.they are half a Fellaini in Chong and the circus midget in Gomes

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Thu Nov 28, 2019 5:58 pm

raycreative wrote:
Thu Nov 28, 2019 4:00 pm
Anybody on here got the slightest interest in
This game?
This team?
This club?

my two favourite players are in this mighty team.they are half a Fellaini in Chong and the circus midget in Gomes
If you didn't tell me that squad was Manchester United I never would have guessed.

"Make America Great Again!"

DaveMart
Supporter
Supporter

Thu Nov 28, 2019 7:57 pm

Some 'fans' we have here.

The youngsters were in fact lively, and did a good job especially in midfield.

I don't know if I can be bothered here anymore, as it is more like a group of Liverpool supporters knocking Manchester United than fans.

raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player

Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:16 pm

DaveMart wrote:

I don't know if I can be bothered here anymore, as it is more like a group of Liverpool supporters knocking Manchester United than fans.
I think you would be correct if you decided to give up on this forum if you think the kids,or indeed anybody that played today was "lively"
This is a team that everybody else in the group has put 5 and 6 past them yet we struggled to win the first leg and lost the second leg

They were total shit and if you choose to buy into the bullshit of "just give them 2 or 4 years" then you are a mug
The Liverpool fans you mention just love what is happening at this club

Ta ta

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Thu Nov 28, 2019 10:54 pm

DaveMart wrote:

Yeah, I would way rather watch a bunch of kids no ones heard of lose to a European minnow then watch some of the best players in the world competing against Barcelona for the Champions League.

"Make America Great Again!"

Sigmar
First Team Player
First Team Player

Fri Nov 29, 2019 7:23 am

Not sure if Ole did the right thing or not sending the academy out there to play this one, i think it just proves the contempt a lot of clubs have for this competition.
i would imagine that any other EPL team with the group won would have done some thing similar, why risk your first team players, when there is no need.
Not sure about the quality of the play because I suspect like most poeple with it being a very early kick off few managed to watch it, from what I gather Chong missed a sitter from six yards and the opposition goalie played a blinder.
Do i care ?
Not really because much stiffer teams await us the further we progress, that will be a better test.

Life is what you have to put up with when you are not dead

raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player

Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:27 am

Good and fair comments above but there is actually much more to this to consider
Yes we have qualified but we have not guaranteed top spot and the possibility of an easier tie in the next round
To win this cup is an almost certain no no but it is our only chance to get into next years Champions League
In the 1960's this club would fly to Malta to play on concrete or Gornik to play on a frozen pitch
They sent the first team on these awkward journeys but they did the job
The fact this is a bit further and on a Thursday is the fault only of this football club and its decline into obscurity
A continueing decline i might add

These might have been kids but they are not,as being suggested,the third team
These are,in many cases,first reserves and immediate back up players
The fact they are not good shows how poor the recruitment policy for the academy has been
City have grabbed all the top youngsters in the north.Players such as Foden which is why they win or strongly contest the youth cup every year
Same comment for Chelsea in the south.Just look at there former academy,home grown players now establishing themselves in the premier league

We have players like Chong,Gomes,Tuanzabe who are just not improving
You can say with a good degree of certainty that they are going to play an entire career in football at the likes of Sheffield Wednesday or Huddersfield which is the talent level they are showing

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:22 am

Did people forget we were already qualified? Why the fornicate would we waste our time sending our best side to a country known for being the home of a fictional character in below freezing temperatures

"Beckham... into Sheringham... and Solskjær has won it!"

raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player

Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:37 am

Sandies wrote:
Did people forget we were already qualified? Why the fornicate would we waste our time sending our best side to a country known for being the home of a fictional character in below freezing temperatures
Qualified-Yes
Guaranteed top spot and the probablility of an easier draw in the next round-No
It just shows me how weak the overall strength of the squad is
There is nothing to back up a mostly mediocre first eleven other than a reserve team that plays its football in tier two of the reserves leagues
There is nothing more than a pile of average pushing the first X1 which is in itself average

Average not long ago was Nicky Butt,Phil Neville,Teddy Sheringham and Ole
Now it's Chong,Gomes and er er well that's it
The academy is fornicate and sacrificed to the womens team

Devil Pikney
Lifetime Supporter
Lifetime Supporter

Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:49 pm

raycreative wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:37 am
Sandies wrote:
Qualified-Yes
Guaranteed top spot and the probablility of an easier draw in the next round-No
It just shows me how weak the overall strength of the squad is
There is nothing to back up a mostly mediocre first eleven other than a reserve team that plays its football in tier two of the reserves leagues
There is nothing more than a pile of average pushing the first X1 which is in itself average

Average not long ago was Nicky Butt,Phil Neville,Teddy Sheringham and Ole
Now it's Chong,Gomes and er er well that's it
The academy is fornicate and sacrificed to the womens team
:whistle: :whistle:

Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;None but ourselves can free our minds.

"Eric Cantona is a great player, but he's not as good as Ryan Giggs" - Johan Cruyff

"Maybe one day people will say I was another Ryan Giggs" - George Best

raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player

Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:11 pm

Sorry Devil.I got it wrong
That was a top class all round performance against one of the teams feared the world over

Apart from 11 minutes it was shite
I didn't even go tonight and neither did 3/ of the fans that usually do
:laugh: :laugh:

But you can carry on beating your todger if you think you can enjoy that week in week out :dance: :dance:

Devil Pikney
Lifetime Supporter
Lifetime Supporter

Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:42 am

Actually I was more enjoying the disappointment that you would have experienced when the club won despite your doom saying.
Must have spoilt your day something awful :party:

Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;None but ourselves can free our minds.

"Eric Cantona is a great player, but he's not as good as Ryan Giggs" - Johan Cruyff

raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player

Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:19 am

Why the fornicate would United winning spoil my day :laugh: :laugh:

The truth is that i want to see the club strive towards its past glories by setting up a strong academy and youth policy ala Matt Busby and Alex Ferguson
I want them to hire the best managers as per those two and plot a game plan that makes the football exciting to watch
I want to compete at the top not scratch around at the bottom
I want the fans to come first,the players second and everybody else in a queue ala Liverpool

As i keep saying if YOU can take anything other than a good result from the last two games and completely forget the Newcastle and West Ham results/performances to name just two ten it confirms what i think about you
You be happy and keep watching this shit from your chair

Devil Pikney
Lifetime Supporter
Lifetime Supporter

Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:59 am

raycreative wrote:
Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:19 am
Why the fornicate would United winning spoil my day :laugh: :laugh:

The truth is that i want to see the club strive towards its past glories by setting up a strong academy and youth policy ala Matt Busby and Alex Ferguson
I want them to hire the best managers as per those two and plot a game plan that makes the football exciting to watch
I want to compete at the top not scratch around at the bottom
I want the fans to come first,the players second and everybody else in a queue ala Liverpool

As i keep saying if YOU can take anything other than a good result from the last two games and completely forget the Newcastle and West Ham results/performances to name just two ten it confirms what i think about you
You be happy and keep watching this shit from your chair
Well to begin with, about the only time you seem satisfied is when the team lose and according to what you post, prove that you are right.

Secondly, you have made it obvious that your hate for the owners and Woodward has warped you to the point that you want the club to fail, just to prove how awful they are and of course, that you were right all along and that anyone who expressed any positivity was of course wrong.

Thirdly, no I do not think that 2 or 3 wins means that we have turned the corner and will now be the club we were 15 years ago, but unlike you I still enjoy United winning and will not hesitate to express that enjoyment or to big them up when they play well. Also unlike you, I will not blind myself to the signs of a player showing improvement (like McTominay) and continue to criticize them at every opportunity.

And fourthly,yes I will continue to watch from my chair and while unfortunately you are right that some of it will probably be shit as things currently stand, I'm actually kind of use to it, having to regularly sit on the same chair while reading the shit that you write on this forum.

Anyway Sunshine, hope you have a Merry Christmas...even if the team does well (Y)

raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player

Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:53 pm

Well you have posted some top quality bitter diatribe over the years but this last rant is up at the top.

I get no pleasure from seeing the tea, get beat but these days when they win you don't usually get much pleasure either with the current style being played by the likes of Fred the almost red,and Perriera and Jones and Mata and Young and Tuanzabe
You clearly have bought into the "give them 3 or 4 years to improve bullshit"that is peddled by Ed Woodward through the current manager
I don't want to leave you under any illusion about my putrid hate for the owners and our Liverpool supporting CEO
They are bleeding the club dry but as long as you get pleasure from last nights game and 20% possession against City then that is your decision.
I assume you will crack a can,sit in your chair and break wind as we play the mighty Colchester in the having a laugh cup next week.
Such simple pleasures you have
Keep watching then.One month will be up and one month down as we fall further and further behind the likes of Liverpool who readily give extended contracts to their best people whilst we try to commercially shag our better players :laugh: :laugh:

Return to “U-N-I-T-E-D”