Next Match: Image
Everton in the Premier League.
Sunday 15th December 2019, KO 14:00 UTC.
Sigmar
First Team Player
First Team Player

Rumours

Tue Oct 15, 2019 11:31 am

Rumours are surfacing that Kevin Glazer is putting up 13% of his stake in United up for sale, the projected value is around £270m which would value the club at around £2bn.

Have to add there is no official announcement, but the sources aeem to be OK.
Experts are saying that this could bee seen as a Glazer exit, and the way they get the most money, if they were to sell the club in it's current situation they would create a massive drop in the share value.

Life is what you have to put up with when you are not dead

raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player

Re: Rumours

Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:47 pm

It is all becoming a quagmire with a lot of questions
Certainly the club is in freefall and past the tipping point imo.
There is so much needed to be done to turn this Titanic of a football club around and before you even start there is a necessity for a desire to do so

If you looked at this club with a cold cynical business eye you would have to assume its best commercial days are behind it
Europe and the required sponsorship deals are long in the rear view mirror
There was an article in the newspapers last weekend that the kit sponsorship deal is coming to the end by next season and there is no desire to renew
Thomas Cook have gone

The TV money is going to drastically drop and to attract players you need to be aiming at the top level which we are not
If we were it would take 8 players minimum at £75/100m each and that has never/won't happen
And that's before Pogba and DDG get sold
You need to find a top manager and you need a full recruitement of coaches,director of football,scouts and that isn't happening

On top of that something looks like it is going on in Glazerland
Why has the sister had to borrow twice using United's shares as collateral?
Why have they created extra shares to raise over £300m for themselves?
Why has the debt gone up and not down?
What is happening to the Glazers shopping malls in the USA that nobody mentions?

I would love them to go but also we need to have somebody that cares coming in but we don't have a say in it
If they do go i hope we don't find out the ground and playing squad is owned by a Hedge Fund
It wouldn't surprise me

Sigmar
First Team Player
First Team Player

Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:39 pm

raycreative wrote:
There is so much needed to be done to turn this Titanic of a football club around and before you even start there is a necessity for a desire to do so

If you looked at this club with a cold cynical business eye you would have to assume its best commercial days are behind it
There was an article in the newspapers last weekend that the kit sponsorship deal is coming to the end by next season and there is no desire to renew
Thomas Cook have gone

The TV money is going to drastically drop and to attract players you need to be aiming at the top level which we are not
If we were it would take 8 players minimum at £75/100m each and that has never/won't happen
You need to find a top manager and you need a full recruitement of coaches,director of football,scouts and that isn't happening

What is happening to the Glazers shopping malls in the USA that nobody mentions?

I would love them to go but also we need to have somebody that cares coming in but we don't have a say in it
If they do go i hope we don't find out the ground and playing squad is owned by a Hedge Fund
It wouldn't surprise me
Well if they do go, we know that at least £500m of the debt is owned by hedge fund companies, whoever buys the club will have to pay off those debts as well as paying the Glazers off.
It's a bit like the Jaguar / Red Bull situation, where Jaguar were sold for £5 providing Dietrich Mateschitz took on Jaguars debt of over £2bn. United are not worth what the Glazers value the shares at plus the debt, we are looking at a figure close to £3bn, and that is before any new owner considers investing in the team and ground.
Latest estimates I have heaard bandied around is that OT needs the best part of £100m spent on it to bring it up to Spurs standards, we are not going to get that money while we are heading for the championship.
If we lose against the Scouse this week, and other results go against us, it could put us in the bottom three.
I sencerely hope the Glazers are running scared and will bail out.

On the other point I thought they had sold off lots of their malls for re-development ?

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:25 pm

Sigmar wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:39 pm
raycreative wrote:

Thomas Cook have gone

It wouldn't surprise me
Well if they do go, we know that at least £500m of the debt is owned by hedge fund companies, whoever buys the club will have to pay off those debts as well as paying the Glazers off.
It's a bit like the Jaguar / Red Bull situation, where Jaguar were sold for £5 providing Dietrich Mateschitz took on Jaguars debt of over £2bn. United are not worth what the Glazers value the shares at plus the debt, we are looking at a figure close to £3bn, and that is before any new owner considers investing in the team and ground.
Latest estimates I have heaard bandied around is that OT needs the best part of £100m spent on it to bring it up to Spurs standards, we are not going to get that money while we are heading for the championship.
If we lose against the Scouse this week, and other results go against us, it could put us in the bottom three.
I sencerely hope the Glazers are running scared and will bail out.

On the other point I thought they had sold off lots of their malls for re-development ?
100 mil is a couple of players, we are going to have to spend a lot more then that to turn this club around. How much did City and Chelsea have to spend to make their clubs competitive, City spent like a billion pounds, Chelsea spent several hundred million 15 years ago. That's where we are at, this is Manchester United, but the squad is Newcastle United. If I was a arab oil billionaire and I wanted to build my dream team there pretty much isn't a player on the current roster I would want, probably De Gea and maybe Wan-Bissaka because he looks like he has massive potential. After that you're starting from the ground up.

"Make America Great Again!"

raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player

Tue Oct 15, 2019 6:48 pm

Agree
:clap: :clap:

But on a sour note nobody will buy the shares unless the other Glazers sign a lock in note to stop a run on the shares
The only way this will work is ifsombody buys all the shares
then invests £200m in the next 12 mmonths for the squad and the ground and another £800m over the next 3 or 4 years
Will that happen?
Wait and see
Anybody want to have the above in an accumulation bet with Brexit happening in two weeks and Trump getting removed from office
Might as well make it a Yankee with Turkey withdrawing

Sigmar
First Team Player
First Team Player

Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:59 pm

raycreative wrote:
Agree

But on a sour note nobody will buy the shares unless the other Glazers sign a lock in note to stop a run on the shares
then invests £200m in the next 12 mmonths for the squad and the ground and another £800m over the next 3 or 4 years
Will that happen?
Wait and see
Anybody want to have the above in an accumulation bet with Brexit happening in two weeks and Trump getting removed from office
The (unconfirmed) reports do say that if Kevin is selling 13%, that amount stops any other family member from selling at the same time to prevent a run on the shares and lowering the price. They do like to protect their investment.
It's still not enough to have influence on the board, but it also has to be remembered that Malcolm held a lot less than tht before he took control, he wasa very minor shareholder, what we need now is for sibling rivalry to step in.

raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player

Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:57 am

Sigmar wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:59 pm
raycreative wrote:
Agree

Will that happen?
Wait and see
The (unconfirmed) reports do say that if Kevin is selling 13%, that amount stops any other family member from selling at the same time to prevent a run on the shares and lowering the price. They do like to protect their investment.
It's still not enough to have influence on the board, but it also has to be remembered that Malcolm held a lot less than tht before he took control, he wasa very minor shareholder, what we need now is for sibling rivalry to step in.
And the rumours has now been completely denied by Kevin Glazers who says "i have no intentions of selling my shares"
That makes sense as the price suggested in the rumour was too low for these greedy leeches
If they had been for sale at that price the other Glazers would have bought them
They would have raised the money by borrowing against the clubs assets,no doubt

Return to “U-N-I-T-E-D”