Loading...
Next Match: Image
West Ham United in the Premier League.
Sunday 22nd September 2019, KO 14:00 BST.
Ole
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain
Posts: 3758
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:41 pm

Pre/Post Match Discussion: Premier League vs Southampton (a)

Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:23 pm

Image

Image vs. Image

Away to Southampton in the Premier League.
Saturday 31st August 2019, KO 12:30 BST.



User avatar
raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player
Posts: 779
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:03 pm

Re: Pre/Post Match Discussion: Premier League vs Southampton (a)

Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:31 pm

Please Goku let me guess

We woz unlucky against Crystal Palce and a coz we iz the mighty Manchester United we will bounce back against Southampton who iz shit
We will prove ow gud we iz and the score will be
Well Southampton will be nil a coz you always predict nil for the opposition and we will score er er er er is it 2 or 3 or 4



User avatar
Goku
Reserve
Reserve
Posts: 344
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:31 am

Re: Pre/Post Match Discussion: Premier League vs Southampton (a)

Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:47 pm

What do you want me to say, sure we play bad for 20 minutes and it cost us. We have to evolve and breakdown teams that park bus.

I still think we moving in the right direction by keeping possession. We will win more than we lose.

Full preview to follow. Be positive guys.



User avatar
Sigmar
Reserve
Reserve
Posts: 490
Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:36 pm

Re: Pre/Post Match Discussion: Premier League vs Southampton (a)

Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:13 am

The only thing that separates us an Southampton is a draw, we are ( on performance) no better than them.

They are also one of our bogey teams, I see a hard earned draw or a defeat, winning this one will be difficult.


Life is what you have to put up with when you are not dead

User avatar
Goku
Reserve
Reserve
Posts: 344
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:31 am

Re: Pre/Post Match Discussion: Premier League vs Southampton (a)

Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:47 pm

Preview:

Look I think it's a no brainer that we lack that final ball and that killer instinct infront of goal. If we had got a Fenandez, Dybala or Eriksen we'd be right up there.

The fact is we are better in our work rate and the high press. The discussion is always about results, but Im seeing that we are moving in the correct direction.

That anti football tactics and that anti football that prevailed against Palace with their tactics prevailed.

Look we need to find a way to break down teams better then we can add more style and substance to our football.

Alexis is a player if he leaves will leave our attacking squad paper thin. Im sure we capable on going on a run and still confident on the way we playing with the high press.

I think the players will have to stand up and be counted against the saints and prevail. We can't change the Palace result but we need to move on.

Player to watch. Rashford

DDG

Wan Bass Linderlof Mcguire Shaw

Andries Mctommy Pogba

James Rashford Martial


Result: Away win 0-3, Man Utd to bounce back and shut critics mouths



Ole
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain
Posts: 3758
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:41 pm

Re: Pre/Post Match Discussion: Premier League vs Southampton (a)

Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:27 pm

Shaw and Martial are both out for at least a month.



User avatar
Sigmar
Reserve
Reserve
Posts: 490
Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:36 pm

Re: Pre/Post Match Discussion: Premier League vs Southampton (a)

Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:09 am

Goku wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 7:47 pm


The fact is we are better in our work rate and the high press. The discussion is always about results, but Im seeing that we are moving in the correct direction.
Win, Draw, Lose you sure about that Goku :o


Life is what you have to put up with when you are not dead

User avatar
Sigmar
Reserve
Reserve
Posts: 490
Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:36 pm

Re: Pre/Post Match Discussion: Premier League vs Southampton (a)

Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:10 am

Ole wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:27 pm
Shaw and Martial are both out for at least a month.
Shaw could get injured packing bubble wrap


Life is what you have to put up with when you are not dead

User avatar
Goku
Reserve
Reserve
Posts: 344
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:31 am

Re: Pre/Post Match Discussion: Premier League vs Southampton (a)

Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:00 am

Sigmar wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:10 am
Ole wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:27 pm
Shaw and Martial are both out for at least a month.
Shaw could get injured packing bubble wrap
Even martial a month then I see Darmian please no young and Greenwood coming in.

We paper thin



User avatar
raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player
Posts: 779
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:03 pm

Re: Pre/Post Match Discussion: Premier League vs Southampton (a)

Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:56 am

Goku wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:00 am
Sigmar wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:10 am
Ole wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 11:27 pm
Shaw and Martial are both out for at least a month.
Shaw could get injured packing bubble wrap
Even martial a month then I see Darmian please no young and Greenwood coming in.

We paper thin
If we are paper thin then there is only one person to blam
And that is Ole
He has been backed with £150m :laugh: :laugh:

Never mind we will sort it out at Xmas i am sure
We only need to find top quality replacements for Carrick,Fellaini,Lukaku,Sanchez,Lindelof and now possibly Matic,de Gea and probably Pogba

All is great especially as we are moving in the right direction with our high press which interestingly did not work at all against Crystal Palace(who lost last night to a lower league team)
Nor did it work in the first half against an average Chelsea and the second half against a tired Wolves


But keep the faith like Goku
In Ed i trust



Dante
Referee
Referee
Posts: 9021
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 5:16 pm

Re: Pre/Post Match Discussion: Premier League vs Southampton (a)

Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:56 pm

That James goal was insane


Image

Dante
Referee
Referee
Posts: 9021
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 5:16 pm

Re: Pre/Post Match Discussion: Premier League vs Southampton (a)

Sat Aug 31, 2019 1:48 pm

fornicate Lindeloff again.


Image

Dante
Referee
Referee
Posts: 9021
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 5:16 pm

Re: Pre/Post Match Discussion: Premier League vs Southampton (a)

Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:04 pm

Fully deserved sending off, but can we take advantage?


Image


RED3bution
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 766
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:20 am

Re: Pre/Post Match Discussion: Premier League vs Southampton (a)

Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:05 pm

Great going. Surely not even City or Liverpool can take 6th from us....


"You crossed the line first, sir. You squeezed them, you hammered them to the point of desperation. And in their desperation, they turned to a man they didn't fully understand." -The Dark Knight

User avatar
Devil Pikney
Lifetime Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Posts: 1565
Joined: Wed May 07, 2008 2:23 am

Re: Pre/Post Match Discussion: Premier League vs Southampton (a)

Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:22 pm

RED3bution wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:05 pm
Great going. Surely not even City or Liverpool can take 6th from us....
Very true (Y)
However Wolves, Leicester, Everton, etc :(


Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;None but ourselves can free our minds.

"Eric Cantona is a great player, but he's not as good as Ryan Giggs" - Johan Cruyff

"Maybe one day people will say I was another Ryan Giggs" - George Best

DaveMart
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 2567
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:25 pm

Re: Pre/Post Match Discussion: Premier League vs Southampton (a)

Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:39 pm

I thought we played against the press well in the first half, with enough long balls to disrupt it and a great goal.

Their goal was just excellent play, with a fine corner from Ward-Pruouse and a fine header by Vestergaard.

Pogba seemed to be dreaimg about Real Madrid, and I can't count the number of times he lost the ball.

In my view our subs were not great, with an out of form Matic and Lingaard who hasn't scored since Feb put on.

When they had someone sent off, I had a bad feeling, and could almost hear the Southampton manager taking a leaf from Ferguson's playbook and saying:

'Lads, it United'

At last Ole brought on Greenward, but ten minutes?



User avatar
raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player
Posts: 779
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:03 pm

Re: Pre/Post Match Discussion: Premier League vs Southampton (a)

Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:51 pm

DaveMart wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:39 pm
I thought we played against the press well in the first half, with enough long balls to disrupt it and a great goal.

Their goal was just excellent play, with a fine corner from Ward-Pruouse and a fine header by Vestergaard.

Pogba seemed to be dreaimg about Real Madrid, and I can't count the number of times he lost the ball.

In my view our subs were not great, with an out of form Matic and Lingaard who hasn't scored since Feb put on.

When they had someone sent off, I had a bad feeling, and could almost hear the Southampton manager taking a leaf from Ferguson's playbook and saying:

'Lads, it United'

At last Ole brought on Greenward, but ten minutes?
What did we play well against?
This is a team that many are saying are looking relegation in the eye
Mind you they said that last week about Crystal Palace so i don't know where that leaves us
Not sure what your problem with Pogba is.He was our only player with any class about him and it is no secret he wants to play with a team that has a chance of winning something
It is only Adidas and Glazer greed that is keeping him at this club and that will definately change next summer when they sell him to pay for next summers transfer budget

So let's work our way through todays runners and riders
DDG-Had little to do and gets no protection
Wan-Bassake-Better than i hoped for.I will give him 2 seasons at this club before he asks for a rise,which will be rejected and then a transfer request which means they will sell him for £100m +
Lindelof-Sooner or later everybody will realise how shit he is
Maguire-A good,but not great performance.He needs a quality mate alongside
Young-Legs have gone.But we know that

Midfield-
Perreira-Total shit.he is Rotherham standard on a good day.Not a sign of any quality
McTominay-Totally anonymous yet again
Mata-Legs have gone
Pogba-Total class but can't play by himself

James-Scored a good goal which hides the fact that he can't cross.Can get past his fullback but then just belts it.Either in front or behind the attackers.They don't know whether to hold back or go in.He needs to pick a cross
Rashford-Can't play by himself

Subs
Jesse-His days are done at this club.They would be better putting him in charge of the social media spin doctors
Matic-Just seems to lost interest
Greenwood-Just a young kid but being used as an impact player who is having no impact.They could destroy him if they are not careful

Come on Goku give uz an 4 nil prediction for the next game :laugh: :laugh:



User avatar
Sigmar
Reserve
Reserve
Posts: 490
Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:36 pm

Re: Pre/Post Match Discussion: Premier League vs Southampton (a)

Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:52 pm

There are distinct advantages to being at work on a Saturday, you miss a lot of shit on daytime TV


Life is what you have to put up with when you are not dead

User avatar
Goku
Reserve
Reserve
Posts: 344
Joined: Wed Dec 19, 2007 12:31 am

Re: Pre/Post Match Discussion: Premier League vs Southampton (a)

Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:06 pm

raycreative wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:51 pm
DaveMart wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:39 pm
I thought we played against the press well in the first half, with enough long balls to disrupt it and a great goal.

Their goal was just excellent play, with a fine corner from Ward-Pruouse and a fine header by Vestergaard.

Pogba seemed to be dreaimg about Real Madrid, and I can't count the number of times he lost the ball.

In my view our subs were not great, with an out of form Matic and Lingaard who hasn't scored since Feb put on.

When they had someone sent off, I had a bad feeling, and could almost hear the Southampton manager taking a leaf from Ferguson's playbook and saying:

'Lads, it United'

At last Ole brought on Greenward, but ten minutes?
What did we play well against?
This is a team that many are saying are looking relegation in the eye
Mind you they said that last week about Crystal Palace so i don't know where that leaves us
Not sure what your problem with Pogba is.He was our only player with any class about him and it is no secret he wants to play with a team that has a chance of winning something
It is only Adidas and Glazer greed that is keeping him at this club and that will definately change next summer when they sell him to pay for next summers transfer budget

So let's work our way through todays runners and riders
DDG-Had little to do and gets no protection
Wan-Bassake-Better than i hoped for.I will give him 2 seasons at this club before he asks for a rise,which will be rejected and then a transfer request which means they will sell him for £100m +
Lindelof-Sooner or later everybody will realise how shit he is
Maguire-A good,but not great performance.He needs a quality mate alongside
Young-Legs have gone.But we know that

Midfield-
Perreira-Total shit.he is Rotherham standard on a good day.Not a sign of any quality
McTominay-Totally anonymous yet again
Mata-Legs have gone
Pogba-Total class but can't play by himself

James-Scored a good goal which hides the fact that he can't cross.Can get past his fullback but then just belts it.Either in front or behind the attackers.They don't know whether to hold back or go in.He needs to pick a cross
Rashford-Can't play by himself

Subs
Jesse-His days are done at this club.They would be better putting him in charge of the social media spin doctors
Matic-Just seems to lost interest
Greenwood-Just a young kid but being used as an impact player who is having no impact.They could destroy him if they are not careful

Come on Goku give uz an 4 nil prediction for the next game :laugh: :laugh:

Look slow start but preview to follow after international beak. One spell of pressure then the opposing team scores.

Ill have to review the matches and post the peview after the international break.



User avatar
steve.crowford
New Signing
New Signing
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:26 am

Re: Pre/Post Match Discussion: Premier League vs Southampton (a)

Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:57 am

Not a bad match by McTominay



Sandies
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 6511
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:15 am

Re: Pre/Post Match Discussion: Premier League vs Southampton (a)

Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:32 am

Pogba was utter trash, but then again so was everyone


"Beckham... into Sheringham... and Solskjær has won it!"

User avatar
raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player
Posts: 779
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:03 pm

Re: Pre/Post Match Discussion: Premier League vs Southampton (a)

Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:43 am

Sandies wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:32 am
Pogba was utter trash, but then again so was everyone

The difference being is that Pogba has made it very clear he wants to join an ambitious top team and Adidas wouldn't let Ed Woodward sell him
That will change next season when we are out of the champions league for the second successive season
At that point the amount the sponsors pay drops dramatically and it might even be the end of the Adidas contract
Also Pogba's value starts to drop dramatically as he moves towards the end of his contract
I fully expect Pogba to to be sold then and about 75% of those proceeds will be massively invested in the manager,whoever that is at the time
The spin doctors will label Pogba a greedy bastard and United will move back down another 5% as has become the norm in Glazer times



Sandies
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 6511
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:15 am

Re: Pre/Post Match Discussion: Premier League vs Southampton (a)

Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:58 am

raycreative wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:43 am
Sandies wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 1:32 am
Pogba was utter trash, but then again so was everyone

The difference being is that Pogba has made it very clear he wants to join an ambitious top team and Adidas wouldn't let Ed Woodward sell him
That will change next season when we are out of the champions league for the second successive season
At that point the amount the sponsors pay drops dramatically and it might even be the end of the Adidas contract
Also Pogba's value starts to drop dramatically as he moves towards the end of his contract
I fully expect Pogba to to be sold then and about 75% of those proceeds will be massively invested in the manager,whoever that is at the time
The spin doctors will label Pogba a greedy bastard and United will move back down another 5% as has become the norm in Glazer times
Pogba gets paid 250,000 a week to play for Man Utd
I couldn't give a fornicate where he wants to be, do your fornicate job

I reckon the biggest bruise to his ego was the fact with all his talk of wanting to leave, no one even fornicate bid for him
Made him look very silly
If he thinks Madrid are going to bid for him based purely on his marketability, he has another thing coming
They're looking for footballers, and if he stinks it up again this season, no bids will come in again next summer either


"Beckham... into Sheringham... and Solskjær has won it!"

User avatar
raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player
Posts: 779
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:03 pm

Re: Pre/Post Match Discussion: Premier League vs Southampton (a)

Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:28 pm

I am of the opinion he would like to do his job

He is an attacking midfielder capable of driving a class team forward to winning a world cup
He has the best vision of anybody at this club

At the moment he is playing DEFENSIVE midfielder which is not his job
He is doing it,imo,to the best of his ability.He is trying to stop players getting through to Lindelof where we know what will happen to our defence if that does happen
He gets passes from Maguire but that is it out of defence
He plays passes to McTominay which he gets straight back.He gets sod all from Pereira
On the odd occasion he gets forward he looks up to see a headless chicken in Lingard who runs are impossible to predict(hence no goals in about a year) and no quality centre forward to find
It's a bloody mess due to another terrible transfer window to follow the previous six or so
It's not Pogba's fault and it's not about money
He wants off plain and simple to play for a good team
There has not been one player in the history of this game that could inspire this very average team to anything other than average
Not Best not Pele not Beckenbaur not Law and not Charlton
Probably all bar Bestie are on United's chief merchandiser scouts list to see of any of them fancy 3 months return with Zlatan the shirtseller



Return to “U-N-I-T-E-D”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users