Next Match: Image
West Ham United in the Premier League.
Sunday 22nd September 2019, KO 14:00 BST.
Ole
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain

Pre/Post Match Discussion: Premier League vs Crystal Palace (h)

Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:34 am

Image vs. Image

Home to Crystal Palace in the Premier League.
Saturday 24th August 2019, KO 15:00 BST.

raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player

Re: Pre/Post Match Discussion: Premier League vs Crystal Palace (h)

Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:21 am

Go on then Goku
Is it 4 or 5 or 6 and obviously it will be none for the Palace

My own personal opinion is that we will see the same back 4
midfield will be Pogba +McTominay(because there is nobody else and he doesn't make mistakes even though he has no influence of the game) + Jesse(running round and round) plus one other(This is now a problem because Perreira has already shown he is average and Sanchez is off to Italy so you are left with an ageing Mata or an out of favour Matic or Fred.

Up front they will rest James until they play a Carabao cup game.The Premier League is understandably two or 3 levels too high for the lad at the moment so Rashford and Martial up front

We should score 2 or 3 and it depends on how Zaha's head is and whether or not Benteke can do his Lukaku impersonation on whether Palace score
I expect a comfortable win in a semi boring game
I always think what would Liverpool or City do at home to a club of this level?We all know the answer

Goku
Reserve
Reserve

Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:03 am

Preview

I think we controlled the game against wolves butility were poor in possession at times. The one
Opportunity they had in that good spell they scored a wonder goal.

The concerns that many of you had in the beginning of the season were confirmed that we didn't convert that possession into more chances. The work rate was very impressive on a small ground.

We back at home and I think we will do well at Old Trafford. I don't foresee this as a banana skin but I'm confident we'll win easily.

I think maybe we need to get Pogba more upfront for the home games as he can provide the killer pass.

Place should be out of their depth here.

Player to watch. James, he caused a lot of problems on the right wing.

DDG

Wan Bas Linderlof Mac Shaw

Mc Tommy Pogba

James Mata Rashford

Martial

Prediction: Home win: 4-0, Man Utd to win as expected

raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player

Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:39 am

Goku wrote:
Preview

I think we controlled the game against wolves butility were poor in possession at times. The one

The concerns that many of you had in the beginning of the season were confirmed that we didn't convert that possession into more chances. The work rate was very impressive on a small ground.

We back at home and I think we will do well at Old Trafford. I don't foresee this as a banana skin but I'm confident we'll win easily.

I think maybe we need to get Pogba more upfront for the home games as he can provide the killer pass.

DDG

Mc Tommy Pogba

James Mata Rashford

Martial

Only 4? :laugh: :laugh:

Out of curiosity why do you think James will play and i just cannot agree he "caused a problem on the right wing"
I cannot remember one time he got past his fullback
He turned backwards every time to receive a pass and was then unable to turn back again.
He did not,as far as i can remember,get one cross in never mind a quality cross
It is far to early to judge the lad but bar a lucky(ish) and unimportant goal he has not shown much

Goku
Reserve
Reserve

Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:02 am

raycreative wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:39 am
Goku wrote:
Preview

DDG

Mc Tommy Pogba

James Mata Rashford

Martial

Only 4? :laugh: :laugh:

Out of curiosity why do you think James will play and i just cannot agree he "caused a problem on the right wing"
I cannot remember one time he got past his fullback
He turned backwards every time to receive a pass and was then unable to turn back again.
He did not,as far as i can remember,get one cross in never mind a quality cross
It is far to early to judge the lad but bar a lucky(ish) and unimportant goal he has not shown much
He was on the byline and on the right touchline which made the pitch bigger. Obviously he is not the only one to blame as we were poor in possession and lacked a real number 10 or play maker. Ole was good with his tactics bar the first 10 minutes of the second half. Just that we need a killer pass to break down teams.

We almost got the result we needed but this wolves team parked a double decker bus for 80 mins it can be said. If anyone can be blamed it is Luke Shaw for weak defending against Trore or whatever his name is.

If we can turn Old Trafford back into a fortress then we should be fine. The fact is the game was there for the taking and we just messed it up. Even if Pogba missed a penalty and they scored that wonder strike that went into the top corner we should have had more chances and drive.

Eriksen or Dybala might have made a difference. We are playing with a good high press and nice tempo but that needs to be created into chances. We took poor corners, freekicks and even a poor penalty kick.

I think Wolves is our new Blackburn. The bogie team. I was worried about that game but not this game as I think we'll steamroll Palace.

raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player

Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:55 am

You miss my point
I was asking you a question about why you commented that James had a great game when clearly he had a poor game
You now say he was not the only one to blame.
So did he have a great game or didn't he?

Why blame Shaw for the goal
Neves is known for having a great shot and i assume that the coaching staff would/should have been looking for this predictable play
If they did not give defensive instructions then the coaching staff is to blame
If they did give instructions for Neves to be closed down then that is where the blame lies
There is no indication one way or the other this instruction/task was given to Shaw

If we can turn Old Trafford into a fortress we will indeed be fine
If we could find a new George Best or a new Ronaldo we will be fine but that is all rubbish isn't it
This is an unpredictable team as was shown at the end of last season
We have now played two and we are ahead of where we could be
Chelsea was not a thumping.Indeed we could have drawn
Our play against a Wolves team that looked tired to me,possibly due to the European competitions they have played were not as good as they were last year
We deserved at least a draw and could/should have won but that is what happens to unpredictable teams
Palace is not definately a cakewalk but it should be

Goku
Reserve
Reserve

Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:23 pm

raycreative wrote:
You miss my point
I was asking you a question about why you commented that James had a great game when clearly he had a poor game

Neves is known for having a great shot and i assume that the coaching staff would/should have been looking for this predictable play
If they did give instructions for Neves to be closed down then that is where the blame lies
There is no indication one way or the other this instruction/task was given to Shaw

If we could find a new George Best or a new Ronaldo we will be fine but that is all rubbish isn't it
Our play against a Wolves team that looked tired to me,possibly due to the European competitions they have played were not as good as they were last year
We deserved at least a draw and could/should have won but that is what happens to unpredictable teams
What I'm basically saying is James did what a Right winger/flyer supposed to do. He worked hard off the ball made some good runs.

Shaw was pinned back were wolves were attacking us which pushed us back, now I'm not blaming him for the goal coz that was basically a 1/10 chance that he'd place the ball between De Gea hand and the post. The perfect spot but no cigar, we had enough time to score the winner bar the missed penalty.

Look last season we looked tied towards the end. I'm confident that we heading in the correct direction just that at out spending rate it may take maybe two years to get what we need in the middle of the Park.

I think James is a talent and bar that one dive he never gave the ball away ran well off the ball seemed to be energetic.

Goku
Reserve
Reserve

Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:28 pm

raycreative wrote:
You miss my point

Players like Ronaldo, Best, Maradonna, Messi and Pele come once in every 2 generations. They are like needles in a haystack. If we had completed the signings but this idiot Woodword screwed us over again. I think we'll be fine this season from what I saw to date.

raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player

Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:37 pm

Of course Woodward has screwed us over and will continue to do so
What do you expect
Everybody complains when i say it over and over but Woodward does it over and over
He is living the dream is he not
A Liverpool fan running United into the ground whilst making a fortune

There are certain things that are more guaranteed than death
The Glazers are going to continue taking every cent whilst saying nothing
Woodwards spin doctors are going to continually tell the papers how Ole has invested £150m already
I assume everybody will accept that £75m for Maguire plus £50m for Wan Bassaka plus the pie money for the kid is indeed £150m ish
But knock out Lukaku(£75m) and the savings in wages of Lukaku plus Herrara plus Valencia wipes all/most of that out
If Sanchez goes,as i am informed he will to Italy for just over £10m plus a wages saving of £20m per annum the Glazers are actually ahead
Even more so if you accept they have never replaced Carrick or Fellaini

You can already see next summers transfer window where Pogba with just a one year plus one option on his contract will be allowed to go for £130/150m which will be used to fund next summers window

Glazernomics at their finest

Goku
Reserve
Reserve

Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:36 am

raycreative wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:37 pm
Of course Woodward has screwed us over and will continue to do so
What do you expect
Everybody complains when i say it over and over but Woodward does it over and over
He is living the dream is he not
A Liverpool fan running United into the ground whilst making a fortune

There are certain things that are more guaranteed than death
The Glazers are going to continue taking every cent whilst saying nothing
Woodwards spin doctors are going to continually tell the papers how Ole has invested £150m already
I assume everybody will accept that £75m for Maguire plus £50m for Wan Bassaka plus the pie money for the kid is indeed £150m ish
But knock out Lukaku(£75m) and the savings in wages of Lukaku plus Herrara plus Valencia wipes all/most of that out
If Sanchez goes,as i am informed he will to Italy for just over £10m plus a wages saving of £20m per annum the Glazers are actually ahead
Even more so if you accept they have never replaced Carrick or Fellaini

You can already see next summers transfer window where Pogba with just a one year plus one option on his contract will be allowed to go for £130/150m which will be used to fund next summers window

Glazernomics at their finest
If Pogba wants to go there is no point in keeping him. We need players who actually want to be here. I mean if I'm being honest Sanchez is really doing nothing for his wages. If we can save the money and get the players off our books we can get better players in for lesser wages who actually want to be here and not just for a big pay day.

The fact is we bought badly now we need to be smart in the market. Then maybe this Glazers will give us more funds to build a title winning team.

raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player

Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:56 am

So sweet Goku but so wrong

To assume that if Pogba and Sanchez leave the money will be used to replace them

So,so sweet

Also we didn't buy badly.At least not with Pogba.He is a top quality world cup winner who has attracted a great deal of sponsorship money
If he had not played against Chelsea and Wolves can you think of any other player who made one chance for United?

Goku
Reserve
Reserve

Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:36 pm

raycreative wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:56 am
So sweet Goku but so wrong

To assume that if Pogba and Sanchez leave the money will be used to replace them

So,so sweet

Also we didn't buy badly.At least not with Pogba.He is a top quality world cup winner who has attracted a great deal of sponsorship money
If he had not played against Chelsea and Wolves can you think of any other player who made one chance for United?
Ok I'd give you that Pogback as he was then called is a World Cup winner but if he wants to leave to leave he must leave. No player is irreplacible and as for Sanchez it's totally a wast of money anyways. If a player leaves and he is not replaced then we will end up not being in the Champions League for a long long time.

Screw the Glazers if they just there to milk us. There is a major opening in the number 10 spot and on the left wing now that we seem to be playing 4-4-2 so if Sanchez stays and preforms then fine. But Pogba head is screwed on to make money for his agent and that's the bottom line. As Sir Alex said he got an agent that is somewhat unethical.

Dante
Referee
Referee

Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:32 am

Sanchez won't perform.

Dante
Referee
Referee

Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:33 pm

The fightback starts now.

RedSte
Reserve Team Coach
Reserve Team Coach

Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:35 pm

Goku's prediction not looking so great right now...

My old man said be a City fan...

Nothing significant and lasting will ever come of FFP! - RedSte (2012)

Dante
Referee
Referee

Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:07 pm

Typo, he meant 4-1.

RedSte
Reserve Team Coach
Reserve Team Coach

Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:35 pm

Dear refs, when you are thinking of awarding us a penalty, can you just wave play on instead (more chance of scoring that way!!)

My old man said be a City fan...

Nothing significant and lasting will ever come of FFP! - RedSte (2012)

Dante
Referee
Referee

Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:37 pm

Should have given it to Pogba.

Goku
Reserve
Reserve

Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:02 pm

Dante wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 4:37 pm
Should have given it to Pogba.
Just a dodgy mdfield. No creativity and poor, penalty taking and goalkeeping.

Goku
Reserve
Reserve

Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:02 pm

Anti football prevails today.

Dante
Referee
Referee

Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:04 pm

Well that went well.

Ole
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain

Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:15 pm

Well done Palace.

Goku
Reserve
Reserve

Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:38 pm

It evident we can't sell sanchez coz he'd have done better than Lingard who is so off form.

Goku
Reserve
Reserve

Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:44 pm

2 spot kick misses now 5 points dropped. I mean maybe we should have not dropped andreas

Ole
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain

Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:47 pm

Brilliant from Zaha. He runs rings around Ashley Young three or four times as Palace continue to enjoy themselves.

Says it all...

Return to “U-N-I-T-E-D”