Next Match: Image
Crystal Palace in the Premier League.
Saturday 24th August 2019, KO 15:00 BST.
Sigmar
Reserve
Reserve

Re: Fitter more attractive team: Where will we finish?

Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:22 pm

ciderman9000000 wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:58 pm
We've strengthened more this window than have any of our rivals.
Hmm

An over priced RB
An over priced CB
A shot in the dark young winger

I bet City are shitting themsleves :think:

Life is what you have to put up with when you are not dead

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:43 pm

We're Wolves and Everton with a lower budget. The teams below and above us showed ambition and spent more than us. Even the team with the fornicate transfer ban showed more ambition

"Beckham... into Sheringham... and Solskjær has won it!"

ciderman9000000
Trainee
Trainee

Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:27 am

Sandies wrote:We're Wolves and Everton with a lower budget. The teams below and above us showed ambition and spent more than us. Even the team with the fornicate transfer ban showed more ambition
Not really, but whatever.

City £150m
Liverpool £1.7m
Chelsea £41m
Spurs £103m
Arsenal £137m
United £143m
Wolves £87m
Everton £108m

Sigmar
Reserve
Reserve

Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:08 am

ciderman9000000 wrote:
Sandies wrote:We're Wolves and Everton with a lower budget. The teams below and above us showed ambition and spent more than us. Even the team with the fornicate transfer ban showed more ambition

City £150m
Liverpool £1.7m
Chelsea £41m
Spurs £103m
Arsenal £137m
United £143m
Wolves £87m
Everton £108m
I don't think it is a case of how much was spent by each club, it is what it was spent on

Life is what you have to put up with when you are not dead

ciderman9000000
Trainee
Trainee

Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:48 am

Sigmar wrote:I don't think it is a case of how much was spent by each club, it is what it was spent on
What do you mean?

raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player

Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:14 am

ciderman9000000 wrote:

City £150m
Liverpool £1.7m
Chelsea £41m
Spurs £103m
Arsenal £137m
United £143m
Wolves £87m
Everton £108m
It's all very well putting numbers down on amount spent and leaving it at that
This is Glazernomics at play
So knock off amount coming in please ie Lukaku £75m
Add to that the amount you expect to replace players that have left ie Valencia(a right back) say £50m and Herrara say £50m and look you have now spent £143m less the amount you needed to spend to replace £100m and you received £75m so all in all you have not only spent nothing.You have actually made £32m
And that's without taking into account they had not replaced Carrick on his recent retirement say £60m and Fellaini say £25m
Also remember that although we can't buy anybody else we can still sell for the next two weeks.Are you sure Pogba isn't going to kick off about not wanting to play with this pile of shit for another season or DDG gets fed up of waiting for his new contract or Darmian gets his wish to go back to Italy.They could be quids in
The silence from Ed Woodward is deafening

Ciderman,in case you didn't realise they have to have 22 arms,22 legs and 11 dicks on the field so you HAVE to buy players or develop them
The youth policy is more or less abandoned compared to what Matt Busby and Alex Ferguson put in place so anybody making it through from the reserves in a fluke
Please don't quote me Greenwood,who does have a chance and 4 or 5 other kids who ran their bollocks off for 45 minutes against the mighty Perth Glory

The only other comment i would make is that when i say we need 22 arms,22 legs and 11 dicks you wouldn't put it past this lot to try somebody from the womens team.Well it would be cheaper

ciderman9000000
Trainee
Trainee

Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:29 am

Okay then... *net* spend over past *three* transfer windows including all transfers in and out...

Wolves £164m
Arsenal £157m
United £132m
Everton £112m
City £110m
Liverpool £98m
Spurs £70m
Chelsea £49m

raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player

Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:33 am

ciderman9000000 wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:29 am
Okay then... *net* spend over past *three* transfer windows including all transfers in and out...

Wolves £164m
Arsenal £157m
United £132m
Everton £112m
City £110m
Liverpool £98m
Spurs £70m
Chelsea £49m
and you've just proven my point mate

City were already at the top for the past **three** seasons.They were just topping up with quality and replacing ageing and retiring players and still spent almost as much as us.They are 12 games ahead of us and the gap is growing.Not shortening
Same comment for Liverpool
Wolves had new owners with money and have spent to improve the *team* as opposed to the **commercial side**.They have risen from a lower league team to a team playing in the same European competition a us which i regard as bonus to them and an embarrassment to us.Don't you?
You can't look at Spurs as they spent their money on a stadium yet have still managed to get about 5 games a season better than us.And on stadiums i assume you are aware that Old Trafford is now an embarrasment of a ground with water pissing through the roof.If Tampa Bay is to be regarded as a benchmark i can see the City of Manchester being asked to pay for a new roof or the franchise(sorry team) will be relocated to Liverpool docks
You can't look at Chelsea as Roman Ambramovitch lost interest when he lost his right to live in England and is now the subject of a transfer embargo
Everton,yes Everton with a relatively small and knackered ground and no massive commercial income to compare to our level and no Eurpean football income have spent an average of just **£6million** a season less than United
And finally the Arsenal fans are going mad about the lack of investment in the club and yet they have spent more than us

Clearly you are happy with the way our club is being run and the investment our club is making and the direction the playing squad is going
I suspect you are in a major minority if you believe that.If indeed you do believe it.Or are you a Woodward blogger paid to talk this shit up?

The fans are no longer happy to the **wait and see what happens in the season** shit that ends up with a manager getting the bullet and a new manager coming in with **unlimited** funds available that he **chooses**not to spend

Dante
Referee
Referee

Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:07 pm

ciderman9000000 wrote:
Really? More than Arsenal and Spurs?

ciderman9000000
Trainee
Trainee

Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:16 pm

Dante wrote:
ciderman9000000 wrote:
I think between ourselves, Arsenal and Spurs the players signed have been of similar calibur, but I see our signings as being more pivotal in terms of improvements over last year's squad.

I really don't think we'll miss either Hererra or Lukaku — best of luck them at their new clubs and all but promotions from the youth will cover their absence easily.

Goku
Reserve
Reserve

Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:05 pm

Did we have a great window? I think we all know it was an average window for the sole reason that we didn't replace Lusaka. The defense looks better.

I hope that Lukaku money wiil be used in January. Ed Woodward is a complete fornicate up.

Goku
Reserve
Reserve

Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:07 pm

If we just used and brought in more up top we would have had a great team.

Goku
Reserve
Reserve

Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:16 pm

If we just used and brought in more up top we would have had a great team. Maybe we will win the title next season if we get the right deals.

I don't think the gap will be that big this season anyway.

raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player

Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:22 pm

ciderman9000000 wrote:
Dante wrote:
ciderman9000000 wrote:
I think between ourselves, Arsenal and Spurs the players signed have been of similar calibur, but I see our signings as being more pivotal in terms of improvements over last year's squad.

I really don't think we'll miss either Hererra or Lukaku — best of luck them at their new clubs and all but promotions from the youth will cover their absence easily.
You are making no more than a wild assumption when you say "our promoted youth will cover their absence easily"
Where is the slightest hint of fact behind that,nothing more than hopeful,statement
You have seen promising players like Fosu-Mensah and Tuanzabe scratching around at other clubs whilst on loan.They did OK but didn't set the world on fire
You have seen McTominay do a very good Tom Cleverley impression last season.He will not live with the likes of de Bruyne,David Silva and Bernardo Silva,Jordan Henderson
James and Greenwood are nothing more than promising punts at the crossroads of their careers.The good news is that they won't have to cope with pressure as this season we will have very very few big and important games
There are no other kids in the first team squad which tells you exactly where they are in their developments.45 minutes of headless chicken running around against Perth proves fornicate all
We,the United fans were promised by Ole a big clear out.It hasn't happened end of
We,as United fans expected the start of a serious rebuild that we all expect will take 4 or 5 years from when it starts.It hasn't started end of
There is clearly no desire to start this rebuild is there?
To swap a centre forward for a centre half and replacing a retired right back is just shit.End of
Nobody wants to hear you wittering on about youth and wait and see.We have had this rubbish of buy the minimum and cheapest and most commercial we can get away with for the best part of 10 years and enough is enough
You can't blame the managers for ever
You can't use smoke,mirrors and bullshit to try to show we are investing billions in the club when in actual fact we are not
Very few decent players want to join this business and having shit on LVG and Jose we will struggle to get a quality proven manager after Ole fails
The next manager can only be Wayne Looney to sell Thomas Cook packages to the Chinese so will get all the "United in his blood" bullshit from Ed Woodward's spin doctors

ciderman9000000
Trainee
Trainee

Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:55 pm

Jordan Henderson plays for Liverpool, not United.

raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player

Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:09 pm

ciderman9000000 wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:55 pm
Jordan Henderson plays for Liverpool, not United.

That's my point

I would rather have Jordan Henderson or de Bruyne or either of the two Silva's that MacTominay at the moment and probably in the future as well

We have held on to so much shit over the years justifying them as "the future"
Danny Welshit
Tom Cleverley
The buy one get one free twins
The little pea

All vanish into mediocrity when they leave us
They were mediocre when they were with us as well

You now have Darmian,Rojo,Smalling,Jones,Young,Sanchez etc
The list is endless and so many have been given long term contracts by Ed Woodward
Last edited by raycreative on Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dante
Referee
Referee

ciderman9000000 wrote:

I wish I had your confidence. Too much is resting on some very young players for me.

raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player

Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:21 pm

Dante wrote:
ciderman9000000 wrote:

I wish I had your confidence. Too much is resting on some very young players for me.
Next to young add the word unproven as well
This is not the class of 92
This is not a team that has done well in youth tournaments such as the Youth Cup
They have not done well in the reserves either
The only one that has stood out is Mason Greenwood but to ask him at 19 to replace a hardened,even if fat and shit,international that has played in the world cup finals is a massive ask and a massive gamble to the lads career

The other youngsters as stated have mostly been on loan and have not set the world on fire
I watched James in the pre season and my first impression is fast and brain dead
He has the pace to get past a fullback but then without picking his head up or checking what is going on he seems to smash it low and hard.It usually hits the first players legs
If i am wrong and he can pick a cross when he plays against top defences they will find ways of blunting his speed even if they have to kick him or check him.
Ronaldo he isn't!!

Goku
Reserve
Reserve

Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:35 pm

Be that as it may I do think this James kid is the real deal. We do need 2 midfielders and a striker, a top striker.

raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player

Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:43 pm

Goku wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:35 pm
Be that as it may I do think this James kid is the real deal. We do need 2 midfielders and a striker, a top striker.
That's probably one a year for the next 3 years

Return to “U-N-I-T-E-D”