Next Match: Image
Sheffield United in the Premier League.
Sunday 24th November 2019, KO 16:30 UTC.
Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Maguire Fee Agreed

Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:33 pm

Man United agree Maguire fee with medical booked for Monday
Date published: Sunday 14th July 2019 2:31

Manchester United have agreed a potential world-record fee with Leicester for Harry Maguire.
United made Maguire their priority signing this summer as Ole Gunnar Solskjaer sought to improve his central defensive options.
Leicester were reluctant to sell the defender however, and were reported to be holding out for up to £100m in some quarters.
But United have managed to agree an initial fee of £60m for Maguire, which could rise to £80m with add-ons.
The England international was said to be ‘fuming’ that Leicester had reneged on a gentleman’s agreement established when he signed a long-term contract last summer.
The Sun, who also reported that story, now say he will undergo a medical on Monday after the two clubs came to a compromise.
Leicester have lined up Lewis Dunk of Brighton in a £45m deal as Maguire’s replacement after they ‘eventually sanctioned’ his departure.

"Make America Great Again!"

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Maguire Fee Agreed

Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:34 pm

Good news. I would have preferred De Ligt tbh, since he is younger, but Maguire is proven in the league and will improve the team.

Dante
Referee
Referee

Sun Jul 14, 2019 4:30 pm

Too expensive and no better than the options we have says Ed Woodward. I'll wait a year and pay a third more.

I'm actually happy about this, but still pissed it was a year late.

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:20 pm

Had United signed him 6 years ago would he have resulted in the player he is today? Moyes was bloody awful and had we signed Maguire he would likely have been purged from the squad after Moyes left. And as good as LVG and Mourinho's CVs are, has only player become a breakout star under those two at United? Rashford is probably the most developed player during that time, and well he is good and still promising, he hasn't amounted to a world beater by any stretch of the imagination.

Glorio
International Player
International Player

Mon Jul 15, 2019 12:58 am

Relly wrote:
Had United signed him 6 years ago would he have resulted in the player he is today? Moyes was bloody awful and had we signed Maguire he would likely have been purged from the squad after Moyes left. And as good as LVG and Mourinho's CVs are, has only player become a breakout star under those two at United? Rashford is probably the most developed player during that time, and well he is good and still promising, he hasn't amounted to a world beater by any stretch of the imagination.
Who is reporting this agreement please?

There is only one GOLDEN BOY

raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player

Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:54 am

Relly wrote:
Ben you have to understand that for financial reasons the club has abandoned the youth academy,the scouting system and everything that made the Busby Babes and the Class of 92 as just two examples
City offer the young kids that sign for them a guaranteed education whether they make it or not.They also have link ups with a host of clubs.They offer them competition standard top youth football in the Youth Cup and premier reserve league football.Also European youth cup experience.They bring the kids families over to help the kids settle in and find the father a job.
We are out of the youth cup early every season.We are in the second tier of reserve football and have no ties with any feeder clubs.We are now not qualified for the European youth league.We offer the kids no guaranteed education and don't give a shit about the kid being comfortable.
As such we have very few kids with much ability around.
With these owners even Sir Matt Busby and Sir Alex Ferguson would have struggled to find a "breakout star"

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:10 pm

raycreative wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:54 am
Relly wrote:
Ben you have to understand that for financial reasons the club has abandoned the youth academy,the scouting system and everything that made the Busby Babes and the Class of 92 as just two examples
City offer the young kids that sign for them a guaranteed education whether they make it or not.They also have link ups with a host of clubs.They offer them competition standard top youth football in the Youth Cup and premier reserve league football.Also European youth cup experience.They bring the kids families over to help the kids settle in and find the father a job.
We are out of the youth cup early every season.We are in the second tier of reserve football and have no ties with any feeder clubs.We are now not qualified for the European youth league.We offer the kids no guaranteed education and don't give a shit about the kid being comfortable.
As such we have very few kids with much ability around.
With these owners even Sir Matt Busby and Sir Alex Ferguson would have struggled to find a "breakout star"
In fairness the club hasn't produced a top quality player since the class of 92'. That policy stopped long before the glazers.

raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player

Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:48 am

Despite all the smoke and mirrors that has made Manchester United transfers both in and out a laughing stock in the football world there is an announcement today by Leicester City that no suitable bid has been receieved
So all the shit about "Transfer fee agreed" and" he is having a medical" is indeed the shit we now expect

Add to that the announcement that Ole has just made in that he "expects" but isn't sure if Sanchez is staying shows you how much control he has over the club

Glorio
International Player
International Player

Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:53 pm

raycreative wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:48 am
Despite all the smoke and mirrors that has made Manchester United transfers both in and out a laughing stock in the football world there is an announcement today by Leicester City that no suitable bid has been receieved
So all the shit about "Transfer fee agreed" and" he is having a medical" is indeed the shit we now expect

Add to that the announcement that Ole has just made in that he "expects" but isn't sure if Sanchez is staying shows you how much control he has over the club
The club never said it had been though, neither did any reputable site. I asked earlier on this thread who was reporting this as neither BBC or Sky picked it up. I don't tend to regard paper talk with any ounce of weight

There is only one GOLDEN BOY

raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player

Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:27 pm

The club never speaks
Period

raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player

Sun Jul 28, 2019 5:08 pm

I am hearing from "within" that the Maguire deal is almost done.
I am led to believe that Leicester have agreed the fee and Maguire is being fornicate about on his personal terms by Ed Woodward who wants to pay him as little as possible on his basic and load it up with the commercial side
Wait and see

Goku
Reserve
Reserve

Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:03 pm

Well I mean a little wages at this club is probably more than what Harry Kane gets at Spurs. We do set the bar when it comes to wages.

raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player

Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:21 pm

Goku wrote:
Well I mean a little wages at this club is probably more than what Harry Kane gets at Spurs. We do set the bar when it comes to wages.

Oh no we don't
City set that bar

United give the players a bag of smarties and an apple and after that it's all add ons based on important things like social media hits and marketability.There is also a bit added on for getting in the top 4 and actually trying to win things but that is irrelevant

Goku
Reserve
Reserve

Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:30 pm

raycreative wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:21 pm
Goku wrote:

Oh no we don't
City set that bar

United give the players a bag of smarties and an apple and after that it's all add ons based on important things like social media hits and marketability.There is also a bit added on for getting in the top 4 and actually trying to win things but that is irrelevant
In terms of overpaying wages I mean. Take Depay he came to us for a big payday and never even preformed. Sanchez I really hope he replicates the form for Chile. Coz ain't nobody gonna meet his wages.

But this is a new season and I'm optimistic for the future and I think we look fitter and more forceful in attack. hopefully we can cut out the christmas presents then we can beat City.

Dante
Referee
Referee

Fri Aug 02, 2019 4:05 pm

Done deal once again, either £80 or £85 million depending on who you read. Medical this weekend.

Shall we reconvene on deadline day for the same song and dance?

raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player

Fri Aug 02, 2019 4:11 pm

They had to get this deal done because Dybala has said he doesn't want to join United to play in the Europa league
If nobody else wants him he would rather stay put than join United
Oh how times have changed
i bet he wouldn't say that to City or Liverpool

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:23 pm

Negotiate all summer just to give them the fee they wanted right from the beginning. Great work Ed, you saved no money and now we have a player joining us right before the season starts without any preseason with the team.

Sigmar
First Team Player
First Team Player

Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:40 pm

Not worth £80, but thats what you pay for an average English CB.
Teh only good thing about the transfer is he has kept both of the chuckle brothers out of an average England side, so he ( In southgates mind) is the better player.
First choice back four next season if they all stay fit WB Maguire Lindelhof Shaw, looks a lot better than Young, Smalling Jones Shaw

Life is what you have to put up with when you are not dead

raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player

Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:00 am

Relly wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:23 pm
Negotiate all summer just to give them the fee they wanted right from the beginning. Great work Ed, you saved no money and now we have a player joining us right before the season starts without any preseason with the team.

Yes but if you had bought him in May or June or even July you had to pay his salary
Now they don't pay him until August
Saved a couple of million even if it unbalances the team
Glazernomics

raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player

Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:46 am

Just found out from a "friend" who finances deals how the deal has stacked up and i must admit i am surprised a bit

Leicester were adamant they would not take less than £85m and United were adamant it was £80m top over 3 years
The compromise was that United paid £80m in one go and immediately and in cash which they have done
That is very close to what Leicester would have received if they had been paid over 3 years or sold the £85m note now
So where have United suddenly got £80m from?

As a footnote Leicester are now close to signing the Brighton centre half to replace Maguire

Ole
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain

Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:15 pm

raycreative wrote:
Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:46 am
So where have United suddenly got £80m from?
The Glazer sister. :laugh:

Ole
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain

Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:18 pm

Just been reading these stats. Very interesting indeed.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49208153

I was sceptical but look at him compared to De Ligt (although De Ligt is younger).

We needed a proven (Premier League) centre half and we got one. Whether he's world class or not is irrelevant - he's way better than what we already have.

Dante
Referee
Referee

Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:26 pm

https://www.manutd.com/en/news/detail/h ... er-signing

Thank fornicate for that. The most pointless protracted transfer saga ever is over.

raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player

Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:40 am

actually not quite over i am hearing
United have 10 days from him signing to pay the cash over
They are insisting that Lukaku is paid for in cash(as they presumably can't pay for Maguire without it)
Of course there will be a bridging loan and for that amount the legal work and the interest won't be cheap but once again the club will pay for it

Return to “U-N-I-T-E-D”