Next Match: Image
Sheffield United in the Premier League.
Sunday 24th November 2019, KO 16:30 UTC.
Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Re: The transfer window is here.Anybody noticed?

Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:44 pm

Sandies wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:07 pm
Relly wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:20 pm
Sandies wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:04 am

It already has been
we bought a striker?
The money was used for Maguire
We aren't going to win anything by balancing the books every transfer window. United is supposed to be a top club, competing for prizes. We have to be net spenders to stay competitive, that money is then recoup through prize money, seat sales and merchandise.

If our goal is to not spend anymore then we bring in every summer then get used to not winning. I am not even looking forward to this season at this point, I would have at least liked a bit of hope.

"Make America Great Again!"

Dante
Referee
Referee

Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:55 pm

Lukaku deal has gone though.

ciderman9000000
Trainee
Trainee

Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:10 pm

We'll certainly compete for the Europa League, top 4 and the cups with the current squad.

Winning the league may be out of our reach, but I gotta trust Ole with the long-term plan of seeking out the best British talent and bedding the youth.

Before the club can rekindle its former glory it must first find its heart — that's the way I see it. If you can't get excited to watch this young United team battle against the odds under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer then I feel bad for you, son.

raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player

Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:27 pm

ciderman9000000 wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:10 pm
We'll certainly compete for the Europa League, top 4 and the cups with the current squad.

Winning the league may be out of our reach, but I gotta trust Ole with the long-term plan of seeking out the best British talent and bedding the youth.

Before the club can rekindle its former glory it must first find its heart — that's the way I see it. If you can't get excited to watch this young United team battle against the odds under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer then I feel bad for you, son.

You sound like a Lovely Man plant mate

I have never gone into a season with so little optimism
"Winning the league may be beyond our reach".Is that a joke.Having replaced a knackered right back and still having nobody to play alongside Maguire,if indeed he settles in immediately,together with no midfield captain,no hard tackler and the main player,Pogba,openly wanting away cannot bridge a 33 point gap.For clarity that is THIRTY THREE POINTS.
City and Liverpool have both strengthened and we've got a few promising kids who ran their bollocks off for a 45 minute stint against Perth Glory and Leeds under 16's and you are excited to watch this young team battle!!

It's good to know you trust Ole because clearly Ed Woodward doesn't.If he did he would have got him tough tackling midfielders and a quality proven winger and striker

You "want to find the clubs heart do you son?"
Well look no further tha Ed Woodward a Liverpool season ticket holder and the Glazers who don't ever go to a game
This clubs heart is in the New York Stock Exchange and the Caymans

But you no what
It no longer matters.This club as has been proven again in this transfer window is still in terminal decline
The Glazers and Woodward out hash tag is now up to number 3 again and some regular long time fans are on suicide watch

But if you're excited mate go and get your todger out and have a good time
Wait and see

Dante
Referee
Referee

Re: The transfer window is closed! Did you notice?

Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:26 pm

Rojo to Everton fell through because Everton only wanted a loan. Should have done it anyway

SUBXERO
International Player
International Player

Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:38 pm

Sandies wrote:
Relly wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:12 pm
Apparently we agree a fee with Inter for them to take Lukaku. 65 mil pounds plus almost 10 mil in add ons. Got our money back, hopefully its reinvested.
It already has been
spending ≠ reinvesting

UNITED > ENGLAND

ciderman9000000
Trainee
Trainee

Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:40 pm

fornicate off and support City then, dickhead.

edit.
To the deranged oddball above, not SUBXERO

Sigmar
First Team Player
First Team Player

Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:25 pm

ciderman9000000 wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:40 pm
fornicate off and support City then, dickhead.

edit.
To the deranged oddball above, not SUBXERO
Ignore him, everyone gets the same welcome off Ray, he's a conspiracy theorist, he considers anyone who speaks favourably of the club to be on teh Glazer payroll

Life is what you have to put up with when you are not dead

Sigmar
First Team Player
First Team Player

Thu Aug 08, 2019 6:26 pm

We had a chance to offload Smalling and Rojo, and we didn't take it, sums up the whole window for me.
Next season is going to be like 92, or 72, I can't make my mind up which.

Goku
Reserve
Reserve

Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:39 pm

Which striker, Manzuric, is past it. Dybala and Fanendez would have completed the squad.

Lulaku just didn't do it with his control. James is a talent but we bought a RB and Harry to sure up the weakness of last season.

The truth is we used to give away presents at the back hopefully we will have a better defense this season.

Martial and Rashford can score Ole has faith in the them. I would have loved to see a.quality striker but the window is shut.

At least we addressed the main problem that was at the back.

Sigmar
First Team Player
First Team Player

Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:18 pm

Goku wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:39 pm
Which striker, Manzuric, is past it. Dybala and Fanendez would have completed the squad.

Lulaku just didn't do it with his control. James is a talent but we bought a RB and Harry to sure up the weakness of last season.

The truth is we used to give away presents at the back hopefully we will have a better defense this season.

Martial and Rashford can score Ole has faith in the them. I would have loved to see a.quality striker but the window is shut.

At least we addressed the main problem that was at the back.
We now have 6 CB's at the club
Smalling and Jones AKA The Chuckle Brothers
Bailly
Lindelhof
Maguire
Rojo

We also have
Dalot
Darmian
Shaw
Bissaka

Of those which are the world class players in front of our world class keeper ?

Martal and Rashford couldn't score last season, what makles you think they will score this season, what if anything has changed? oh yeah we now have a wonder kid as a winger, who's back up is Ashley Young FFS
Answer on the back of a postage stamp please

ciderman9000000
Trainee
Trainee

Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:01 pm

Rashford and Martial are 21 and 23 years old respectively. They both put in decent stats last season despite living in Lukaku's shadow.

The clumsy big fella's gone now and I reckon we'll see those two kick on and thrive as our main attacking duo. With a much stronger defence behind him Pogba will have one job to pick out their runs. Wan-Bissaka and James also speed-merchants — Maguire a ball-playing CB. Ole's clearly focused the team on unleashing its pace, a tactic that will surely amount to a greater output from the two young forwards.

Nobody doubts their talent — it's been the mundane build-up play that's let them down at times.

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:37 pm

Relly wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:44 pm
Sandies wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:07 pm
Relly wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:20 pm

we bought a striker?
The money was used for Maguire
We aren't going to win anything by balancing the books every transfer window. United is supposed to be a top club, competing for prizes. We have to be net spenders to stay competitive, that money is then recoup through prize money, seat sales and merchandise.

If our goal is to not spend anymore then we bring in every summer then get used to not winning. I am not even looking forward to this season at this point, I would have at least liked a bit of hope.
I agree with you. The club long time ago became a business and not a football club

"Beckham... into Sheringham... and Solskjær has won it!"

Dante
Referee
Referee

Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:42 pm

Sigmar wrote:
Bailly
Lindelhof
Maguire
Rojo

We also have
Dalot
Darmian
Shaw
Bissaka

Martal and Rashford couldn't score last season, what makles you think they will score this season, what if anything has changed? oh yeah we now have a wonder kid as a winger, who's back up is Ashley Young FFS
Shaw / Maguire/ Lindelhof/ Wan-Bissaka is a good back line. Ideally you'd get shot of Lindelhof, but perhaps alongside Maguire he'll not be a walking disaster.

Martial and Rashford hit about 1 in 3 in the league. I think if we aren't rotating as much they will score more.

Goku
Reserve
Reserve

Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:59 pm

You guys know me, some better than others. Jose is gone but some of you guys sound like Mou of last season.

I'm sure we'll get there but we have to.trust Ole. Maybe not woody but Ole seems happy.

I have to go in this season optimistic as I always do. Two seasons ago we finished 2nd and Maguire seems to be the first WC CB who can lead.

Players need to stand up and be counted.

raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player

Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:03 pm

Dante wrote:
Sigmar wrote:
Bailly
Lindelhof
Maguire
Rojo

We also have
Dalot
Darmian
Shaw
Bissaka

Shaw / Maguire/ Lindelhof/ Wan-Bissaka is a good back line. Ideally you'd get shot of Lindelhof, but perhaps alongside Maguire he'll not be a walking disaster.

Martial and Rashford hit about 1 in 3 in the league. I think if we aren't rotating as much they will score more.
I agree with your call
I actually think our best starting X1 is not bad
Not good enough to get close to City or Liverpool but close enough to challenge for fourth behind Spurs
The problem is the way Martial and Rashford play they are SURE to get knocks and strains.
A hamstring on either will totally expose how thin this squad is on quality
You cannot expect our best X! to play 50 games
This is a massive problem for me

raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player

Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:10 pm

Goku wrote:
You guys know me, some better than others. Jose is gone but some of you guys sound like Mou of last season.

I'm sure we'll get there but we have to.trust Ole. Maybe not woody but Ole seems happy.

I have to go in this season optimistic as I always do. Two seasons ago we finished 2nd and Maguire seems to be the first WC CB who can lead.

You were optimistic last season for the last 11 games as well and you were proven wrong 11 times
It has nothing to do with Ole or Mou
You know why we all sound like Jose?
It is because he was right at exactly this time of last season
When the window closed and he started moaning everybody said he was a miserable bastard who had spent fortunes
He had actually net spent sod all and as we now know had NO SAY in the incoming transfers.Neither did LVG
At that point he,understandably gave up on the club as he realised he was wasting his time
He like Pogba wanted off and you can't begrudge either of them the desire to win things can you
Ole can't leave.He has nowhere to go but his body language and his press conferences suggest to me he has no plan other than to talk hope and youth and "give another chance" to the chuckle brothers and Victoria Lindelof(the non tackling centre half who needs to be carried by Maguire) and Sanchez and Darmian etc etc

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:14 pm

raycreative wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:03 pm
Dante wrote:
Sigmar wrote:
Bailly
Lindelhof
Maguire
Rojo

We also have
Dalot
Darmian
Shaw
Bissaka

I agree with your call
I actually think our best starting X1 is not bad
Not good enough to get close to City or Liverpool but close enough to challenge for fourth behind Spurs
The problem is the way Martial and Rashford play they are SURE to get knocks and strains.
A hamstring on either will totally expose how thin this squad is on quality
You cannot expect our best X! to play 50 games
This is a massive problem for me
It's also a massive problem when Pogba and Martial only show up when it's convenient for them.

raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player

Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:34 pm

You can't knock two top class players especially the one that has made it abundantaly clear he doesn't want to be at this club
He wants to play with class players around him
The only reason he is still around is because Adidas want him to stay
If you were at a job you didn't want to be at you would leave
He can't but as long as he turns up Adidas and therefore Richard Arnold and Ed Woodward are all happy
Stop talking football and start talking profit

Half ab hour gone into the first game of the season and our transfer policy is already shitting me up
Liverpool are already 3 up
And some think we are now closer to them
FFS there are some serious dickings coming again this season

Goku
Reserve
Reserve

Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:22 pm

raycreative wrote:
Goku wrote:

You were optimistic last season for the last 11 games as well and you were proven wrong 11 times
When the window closed and he started moaning everybody said he was a miserable bastard who had spent fortunes
He had actually net spent sod all and as we now know had NO SAY in the incoming transfers.Neither did LVG
At that point he,understandably gave up on the club as he realised he was wasting his time
He like Pogba wanted off and you can't begrudge either of them the desire to win things can you
Ole can't leave.He has nowhere to go but his body language and his press conferences suggest to me he has no plan other than to talk hope and youth and "give another chance" to the chuckle brothers and Victoria Lindelof(the non tackling centre half who needs to be carried by Maguire) and Sanchez and Darmian etc etc
Yeah but Ray in my defense I did say that Ole had a high pressing game and the team weren't up to the standard of fitness.

I'm just going to go with it and hope for the best. I don't think we are as bad as people say we are and we will do better.

Else if I'm not positive than I might as well give up watching the prem and do soapies. We all should support the Ole team and try and get rid of that sod Woodward.

I think I wold have been right if we had a better defense. We have that and I have faith in Martial .

Give me at least 10 games before you guys jump down my troat saying I'm to optimistic ect.

Last season doesn't make us a bad team. Just support the team. I see what some of you are saying but what do we do now. Window is shut. At least Ole has a vision and that is why I'm optimistic.

Devil Pikney
Lifetime Supporter
Lifetime Supporter

Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:24 am

You don't need to apologize or make excuses to anyone Goku.
Some of us enjoy your positive posts now as much as we did 10 years ago :clap: even if unfortunately the on the field results aren't the same as they were then :(

Fact of the matter is, if you're a United fan ,then you support the team, regardless of what you think of the owners and their lackeys.
When that support turns into the kind of bitterness which sees fans only enjoying themselves when they're able to gloat at the team being beaten or when the useless owners fail to strengthen the team, then it's time for them to follow Pogba and Lukaku's example.

After all, the City of Manchester Stadium wouldn't really add to a match day traveling time and I bet their superstore is just full of stuff which could be used to start a new collection :think:

Anyway man, I agree with you. The odds may be against Ole and the team but we should give them as much support as possible because United is our team, regardless of anything else that may be happening and none of this is the fault of the players.

Keep going with your predictions (Y)

Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;None but ourselves can free our minds.

"Eric Cantona is a great player, but he's not as good as Ryan Giggs" - Johan Cruyff

"Maybe one day people will say I was another Ryan Giggs" - George Best

Sigmar
First Team Player
First Team Player

Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:17 am

Optimism is good, I don't mind it, it is refreshing to read it.
I tend to be little more pragmatic, for me with the player we have, a top three or four finish is an aspiration, realistically I can see us between 4th and 7th.
Our best hope for siverware is a cup, if we manage that or even a final, then I will consider that a good season given what has happened before and the players we now have.

Dante
Referee
Referee

Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:03 am

We should be aiming to win the Europa League.

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:26 pm

Goku wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:22 pm
raycreative wrote:
Goku wrote:

Yeah but Ray in my defense I did say that Ole had a high pressing game and the team weren't up to the standard of fitness.

I'm just going to go with it and hope for the best. I don't think we are as bad as people say we are and we will do better.

Else if I'm not positive than I might as well give up watching the prem and do soapies. We all should support the Ole team and try and get rid of that sod Woodward.

I think I wold have been right if we had a better defense. We have that and I have faith in Martial .

Give me at least 10 games before you guys jump down my troat saying I'm to optimistic ect.

Last season doesn't make us a bad team. Just support the team. I see what some of you are saying but what do we do now. Window is shut. At least Ole has a vision and that is why I'm optimistic.
Ole's vision is a big part of why I am pessimistic. The fantasy that young English players like James and Greenwood are going to make us great is just that, a fantasy. I do appreciate that he seems to only want players who want to be at United, but he needs to do better at making more players want to come.

raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player

Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:08 pm

Optimism is fine but dilute it with a massive dose of reality please
I watched Liverpool declare after half an hour last night with the game won
I watched City show a brutal side that already gives them a mental edge over Liverpool and i have already given up on us getting anywhere near those two which is a humiliating thing to have to say with the history and resources of this club

I am all for getting behind the boys
I will get behind Ole because he is one of my hero's who loved the dream of managing his hero club.
He didn't realise,imo,that this lot were going to let him down a la Jose and LVG
I am even for getting behind the shit players because they didn't decide to join this club and they didn't demand long term term contracts
The shit players got long term contracts because they were cheap and the expensive players got long term contracts because they were a commercial asset to the brand
Football just doesn't come into it
I will cheer for every United player that tries his hardest,no matter how shit he is
I will cheer for every United player,even the likes of Pogba who wants away,as long as he does his bit
I will give dogs abuse to Ed Woodward,The Glazers and every sponsor
I won't spend anything on anything in the ground and i will make life as hard as i can for the club
I will give dogs abuse to every Chinaman in a green and gold scarf tomorrow who has 3 ipads and a megastore bag.I will tell him we don't want customers,we want fans and tell him to tell his mates

That is my way forward

Return to “U-N-I-T-E-D”