Next Match: Image
Crystal Palace in the Premier League.
Saturday 24th August 2019, KO 15:00 BST.
raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player

Re: The transfer window is here.Anybody noticed?

Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:01 am

The homeless world cup is about to start.I assume United will send scouts as they were lucky to once find and sign the mighty Bebe on the strength of that
Remember the deal?
Nobody wanted him but he was scouted by Martin Ferguson(SAF's brother) and suddenly acquired an agent in Jason Ferguson(SAF's son) and then the Glazers sanctioned a transfer fee of £7m even though he had a transfermkt fee of less than £1m
Shortly afterwards SAF bought 2 adjoining apartments near Central Park, New York for just under £7m and has never uttered a bad word against the Glazers since!!
Funny that wouldn't you say :laugh: :laugh:

raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player

Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:31 pm

Now allededgly in for Dybala
It's just window shopping without a pot to piss in until we sell somebody
No cash in the bank FFS

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:21 am

Make it seem like you're doing something until nothing happens and people stop talking...

"Beckham... into Sheringham... and Solskjær has won it!"

raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player

Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:56 am

So as we move towards the end of the window let me sum up where i think we are
Of course things can still change but if they do for the better then imo all benefit will have been nullified by the timing

At the end of last season a blind man could see we were desperate for a right back to replace Valencia and a back up to get ready to replace the ageing Young
We have imo achieved most of that with a decent looking signing in Wan Bassake and that gives a kid a chance to develop
I am happy
The centre halves was a serious problem.4 or 5 shit or injured central defenders all needed replacing.It was looking like another saga of how long we held on to Jonny Evans who was never top class.
Maguire has bridged a gap but only bridged it.Who will play with him?
I get the impression that Ed Woodward has done all he intends to do for the next 5 seasons at centre back and all those that Ole was going to clear out will become the problem of the next manager after Ole
Left back with Shaw is fine
The problem left is that there is no depth of coverage for injuries and no desire by the club to build

Midfield is a hotchpot of players that don't want to be at the club such as Pogba merged with under performers such as Sanchez and fred
Backed by players who are getting rave reviews such a McTomminay who i personally,whilst not disliking him don't see him as any better than Tom Cleverley who didn't win an important game in his life

Up front you have Martial and Rashford who are OK but again no cover

All in all we needed to replace Herrara and Valencia and look for old replacements for Fellaini and Carrick
And have a massive clearout
And develop a youth policy
Just not happened has it

By the way what has happened to the DDG contract to be signed at the end of the tour

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:56 pm

Apparently we are in for Christian Erickson, he is open to the move and Levy doesn't want to lose him for free next summer. So let Tottenham sign Bruno Fernandez, unknown commodity in the league, and we sign Erikson, who we should have signed when he left Ajax.

"Make America Great Again!"

raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player

Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:57 pm

Relly wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:56 pm
Apparently we are in for Christian Erickson, he is open to the move and Levy doesn't want to lose him for free next summer. So let Tottenham sign Bruno Fernandez, unknown commodity in the league, and we sign Erikson, who we should have signed when he left Ajax.
As the Donald would say
"Good player,very good player,really good player"
Wait and see if it is fake news again
Only two days for Ed Woodward to stay silent

I bet he's upset he hasn't got Wayne Looney back for the ipad branch
I bet you we play a pre season friendly against Derby next summer in China :laugh: :laugh:

ciderman9000000
Trainee
Trainee

Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:24 pm

We're at least doubled up in every position right now.

I'd like to see a right midfielder come in before Thursday as imo it's the only position we're not well covered in in terms of natural talent, although I think Lingard and Mata do a decent job.

Wouldn't mind Lukaku going at all tbh. I think Solskjaer should stick with the youth and give Greenwood that role as 3rd choice CF behind Rashford and Martial, but otherwise I'd like to see Ben Yedder brought in, although Mandzukic is looking more likely right now and tbf, when he's fit, the Croatian is still a beast and would make a cut-price stop-gap for a season.

If we switch Pogba for Bruno Fernandes or Eriksson I'd consider that fair play — especially if the additional funds provided went towards a right midfielder as above. I can see that happening.

I actually really like Fred, he's had a season to bed in now and hopefully we'll see his Shakhtar form this season where he was an absolute menace in midfield. Matic looks past his best but McTominay appears to me as having the engine and workrate we've missed through the absence of Fellaini and Carrick.

Wan-Bissaka will be a real revelation for us, an outstanding young talent. Luke Shaw has made LB his own and will grow in confidence with a leader such as Maguire alongside him. Lindelof grew and grew last season.

The youth are looking really good for me with a fair few names appearing ready to contribute to a long season. Fosu-Mensah (hopefully returns well from injury), Tuanzebe, Pereira, Chong, McTominay, Gomes and Greenwood will all see fairly regular minutes under Solskjaer I reckon — Ole knows what United's all about in that respect.

I think we'll easily achieve a top four spot with the current squad. Arsenal and Spurs will bottle it. Obviously Liverpool will never win the Prem, but if we want to even have a crack at pushing City for the title we'll need further reinforcements over the next couple of days. We're getting there though — it's been a strong window so far with hopefully more business to come.
ImageImage

DaveMart
Supporter
Supporter

Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:21 pm

I don't know what to think for the coming season.

On the plus side I really liked in particular Wan-Bisakka and James, as well as Greenward and the other ex Academy players.

Maguire should be good for distribution from the back, as well as heading and so on, but perhaps the other teams will suss him out, as he is about as manoueverable as the Titanic.

And we still have Romelu on the books who of course is unhappy, as well as the ever useless Sanchez and possibly still want away Pogba.

The only thing I am sure about is that I am not interested in Ray's endless posting, which comprises perhaps 50% of the posts here, and in spite of attempting to avoid by blocking him, is still obtrusive with his endless whinging.

So I may not hang around much longer in 'Ray's forum' in spite of enjoying the company of some of the others, and appreciating the efforts of the people who run it.

Anyway, here is hoping for the next season.

raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player

Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:44 am

DaveMart wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:21 pm
I don't know what to think for the coming season.

On the plus side I really liked in particular Wan-Bisakka and James, as well as Greenward and the other ex Academy players.

Maguire should be good for distribution from the back, as well as heading and so on, but perhaps the other teams will suss him out, as he is about as manoueverable as the Titanic.

And we still have Romelu on the books who of course is unhappy, as well as the ever useless Sanchez and possibly still want away Pogba.

The only thing I am sure about is that I am not interested in Ray's endless posting, which comprises perhaps 50% of the posts here, and in spite of attempting to avoid by blocking him, is still obtrusive with his endless whinging.

So I may not hang around much longer in 'Ray's forum' in spite of enjoying the company of some of the others, and appreciating the efforts of the people who run it.

Anyway, here is hoping for the next season.

I appreciate your kind words

When you have made your mind up of what to think about the coming season let me know

If you want to see the Academy players either sign up to MUTV or go to the massive leasing.com trophy matches which started last night
If you do go to another forum be careful
If you don't want to talk about the way the club is being run you will get chewed up and spat out
In case you hadn't noticed there are anti Glazer/Woodwardcampaigns on every forum
Why not give it a try and then come back here
I will still be happy to exchange posts with you if you have worked out what to think

raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player

Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:05 pm

ciderman9000000 wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 8:24 pm
We're at least doubled up in every position right now.

I'd like to see a right midfielder come in before Thursday as imo it's the only position we're not well covered in in terms of natural talent, although I think Lingard and Mata do a decent job.

Wouldn't mind Lukaku going at all tbh. I think Solskjaer should stick with the youth and give Greenwood that role as 3rd choice CF behind Rashford and Martial, but otherwise I'd like to see Ben Yedder brought in, although Mandzukic is looking more likely right now and tbf, when he's fit, the Croatian is still a beast and would make a cut-price stop-gap for a season.

If we switch Pogba for Bruno Fernandes or Eriksson I'd consider that fair play — especially if the additional funds provided went towards a right midfielder as above. I can see that happening.

I actually really like Fred, he's had a season to bed in now and hopefully we'll see his Shakhtar form this season where he was an absolute menace in midfield. Matic looks past his best but McTominay appears to me as having the engine and workrate we've missed through the absence of Fellaini and Carrick.

Wan-Bissaka will be a real revelation for us, an outstanding young talent. Luke Shaw has made LB his own and will grow in confidence with a leader such as Maguire alongside him. Lindelof grew and grew last season.

The youth are looking really good for me with a fair few names appearing ready to contribute to a long season. Fosu-Mensah (hopefully returns well from injury), Tuanzebe, Pereira, Chong, McTominay, Gomes and Greenwood will all see fairly regular minutes under Solskjaer I reckon — Ole knows what United's all about in that respect.

I think we'll easily achieve a top four spot with the current squad. Arsenal and Spurs will bottle it. Obviously Liverpool will never win the Prem, but if we want to even have a crack at pushing City for the title we'll need further reinforcements over the next couple of days. We're getting there though — it's been a strong window so far with hopefully more business to come.
ImageImage
I hate to disagree with anybody :laugh: :laugh:
So you think we are doubled up in every position with natural talent other than right midfielder
I am happy with goalkeeper
Who is our natural talent back up left back?
At right back is Wan-Bissaka.On the assumption that you mean Young as cover for one season i will accept that
As he is right footed i believe we have to play Maguire as the right sided centre back.Who is his quality cover?
Who is the left sided centre back? and who is his cover?

On the assumption that Pogba is staying we have a quality paymaker.We have cover in Mata to a level whose legs are going and Matic who you say looks past his best
McTomminey might step up to compare to the best abilities of Carrick or Fellaini is just not possible
Carrick was a top class playmaker and reader of the game.He made it look easy.McTomminey barely passes over 5 yards and i have never seen him pick a players run and hit him
Fellaini was a much less skilfull player but he was an impact player that was brutal in the tackle,had sharp elbows and hurt you physically.He was also very very good in the air.I haven't seen any of that in McTomminey
Who is the hard tackling "Roy Keane" style player and leader in midfield and who is his back up?

Who is our top quality crosser of the ball and who is his back up?
On the assumption that Lukaku is off,which is pleasing as for a huge lad he never wins a ball in the air then who is our fearsome front line leader and target man and lethal header and who is his back up?

If you mean we have 22 arms and 22 lega and 11 dicks on the pitch and the same behind on the bench then you are correct

raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player

Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:17 pm

Erickson doesn't want to come
Dybala is hinting at spurs
The usual end of transfer window when it looks like we are after everybody who we eventually get spun were "greedy bastards"
Then it is wait until Xmas when there is "no value"

In 2018/19 with the team in a deathly tailspin in terms of quality and with Jose asking for 5 top class players United spent only £65m in total with the purchase of just two players,amely Fred£47 and Dalot a young kid for less than £20m
They were trying to replace Carrick(retired) and Fellaini(sold for £7m)
So net they spent just £60m and eventually fired Jose blaming him for everything

As predicted the season went from bad to worse and despite Ole going to "clear them all out" we have so far spent £80m on Maguire,best part of £50m on Wan Bassaka and less than £20m on another kid in James
By the time they have sold Lukaku,as i believe they will in the next day or so they will have again spent a paltry £50/60m
Anybody see a pattern here?

Yes they will have improved slightly imo but only slightly
They might challenge for fourth but that's it
Not good enough for a club of this stature is it?

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Wed Aug 07, 2019 3:30 pm

My prediction for a shock signing in the dying hours tomorrow is Coutinho

Dante
Referee
Referee

Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:57 pm

Relly wrote:
But who will he sign for?

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:31 pm

Dante wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 4:57 pm
Relly wrote:
But who will he sign for?
we're in the United section of the forum, no?

ivandaman
International Player
International Player

Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:56 pm

Apparently Spurs have agreed a fee for Dybala. Personal terms pending. If he ends up with them after our "alleged" interest , the optics will be horrible.

To Be A Man UNITED Supporter IS NOT A Right! .... It is a Privilege.

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:12 pm

Apparently we agree a fee with Inter for them to take Lukaku. 65 mil pounds plus almost 10 mil in add ons. Got our money back, hopefully its reinvested.

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:04 am

Relly wrote:
Apparently we agree a fee with Inter for them to take Lukaku. 65 mil pounds plus almost 10 mil in add ons. Got our money back, hopefully its reinvested.
It already has been

raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player

Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:36 am

ivandaman wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:56 pm
Apparently Spurs have agreed a fee for Dybala. Personal terms pending. If he ends up with them after our "alleged" interest , the optics will be horrible.
When will the penny drop?
United don't care what the optics look like.
You have not heard one word from above Ole for the entire transfer window and pre season

Ole himself is driving everybody mad
Going from "I'm cleaning them all out" to almost everybody still being around
One of the chuckle brothers and the non tackling Victoria Lindelof is going to have to be carried by Maguire
The midfield is still light of a strong tackler and the forward line is just light.Not a decent crosser of a ball in the club and minimal coverage
We have our most skillful player in Paul Pogba who is desperate to play at another team with football ambition but who is being held to ransom by Adidas
All in all just another summer but hey ho.Roll on winter

Dante
Referee
Referee

Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:33 am

Relly wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 5:31 pm
we're in the United section of the forum, no?
It was a joke.

Glorio
International Player
International Player

Thu Aug 08, 2019 10:20 am

No midfield or striking additions, and not looking like any coming. Would love to be proven wrong, but it's looking like the same old merry go round.

There is only one GOLDEN BOY

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:16 pm

Some shit better happen today or we aren't competing this season

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:20 pm

Sandies wrote:
Relly wrote:
It already has been
we bought a striker?

Dante
Referee
Referee

Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:27 pm

I suspect he means that it will be used to offset the 3 players we've bought.

raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player

Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:33 pm

everybody is getting very anxious and very agitated
This better happen/that better happen or we won't be able to compete for anything!!

Think like a Glazer
Cut down on the door staff,cut down on the chef's.Exec's aren't happy
Players are unhappy because they have cut back on the team bus.It is now apparently a charabang almost

But the good news is that all deals are done in dollars and the pound is shit and the dollar is strong
Now that's what we are good at competing in
Nothing else matters

If folk on here keep going on about transfers you'll upset DaveMart and he will have to go to another forum where they aren't banging on about transfers,Glazers and Woodward
Let me know when you find one Dave

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

Thu Aug 08, 2019 3:07 pm

Relly wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:20 pm
Sandies wrote:
Relly wrote:
It already has been
we bought a striker?
The money was used for Maguire

Return to “U-N-I-T-E-D”