Next Match: Image
Manchester City in the Premier League.
Wednesday 24th April 2019, KO 20:00 BST.
raycreative
Reserve
Reserve

Re: Pre/Post Match Discussion: Champions League vs Barcelona (h)

Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:20 am

I think Dave that you have several good points but the summary shows what a disjointed group of individuals this has become
The older players such as Young are not getting any younger.This has long been United's policy to flog them to death ala Carrick,Rooney,Scholes,Giggs etc
The younger mostly average players play an odd good game now and again such as Fred and Lukaku
Yet there is so little coming through due the total abandonment of the youth policy that Matt and Jimmy Murphy took 40 years to set up.
The boring reason for that imo is that you have to invest now but don't see the rewards for several years and that is bad Glazernomics

I notice Ole is already getting a few swipes for bad subsistutions or bad tactics or bad results
That's 4 defeats out of the last 5.As LVG told you it is indeed Jose football but Ole was (luckily) getting the results
How long before it become's Ole'fault alongside Jose fault and LVG's fault
Always somebody else's fault

The truth is that this is not and has not been a top 4 side for about 10 years
Top 4 implies elite and this is not laughably close to elite
What it is and is happy to be is a 3-6 team
Top 2 are reserved for City and Liverpool who will continue to strengthen whilst
Spurs-Paying for a magnificent stadium
Arsenal-Owned by profiteers only
Chelsea-Ambramovitch doesn't give a shit anymore
and United-Well i don't have to spell that out do i
Are happy to fight for 3-6

Wolves are investing in the team so might even join that group next season

But who cares.A dollar is a dollar and is much more important than and not related to success

The mess continues and so will the screams at the end of this transfer window when Mata,Herrara,Pogba,DDG have gone and been replaced by two of the likes of Bale

DaveMart
Supporter
Supporter

Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:14 am

'The truth is that this is not and has not been a top 4 side for about 10 years'

Everyone knows that, so why you have to keep banging on about it escapes me.

And the worse you rate the team, the better Ole's initial performance was, which strangely you don't mention.

At least Young never fails to try as a player.

Perhaps we supporters might take a leaf from his book.

raycreative
Reserve
Reserve

Thu Apr 11, 2019 10:42 am

but if we are not a top 4 side and everybody knows it why do people ike to just accept it and get behind the team?

I bang on about it because we deserve better than this average shit e have had for 10 years

We have everything in place to be a top 2 side but continue to let it seep out of the club

Why do Newcastle fans get so pissed off with Mike Ashley
Why did Blackpool fans get so pissed off with the Oyston family
Why are the Bolton fans so upset
Why are the Tampa Bay fans so pissed off with the Glazers
If you do nothing and say and just support the team and the likes of shit like Smalling and Jones for the next 4 years you end up like Portsmouth or Glasgow Rangers or Leeds
A broken club that takes tens of years to recover from

Would you like to be like Newcastle?
Not won anything for 70 years but the owners have financially raped it

Wait for it then
August-Why did Ole buy that loser?
Why did Ole let the greedy bastards DDG and Pogba go
"It's all Ole's fault.I never fancied him"

DaveMart
Supporter
Supporter

Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:24 am

Ray:

You might as well repeatedly post as though it were an insight only you had that we are sixth in the League.
That pretty much means that we are the sixth best team in the country.

And why do you never, ever, put the emphasis of your posts on what went well?

Scott after a remarkable game against PSG followed that up with another great performance against Barcelona.

If he played for someone else, you would be complaining that we never bring players through like him, and that we should immediately rush out to buy him, cost regardless.

But instead of celebrating anything at all about our club, you post endless negativity.

If you were on a team, they would ask you to leave, as an influence which damages it, not helps in any way,

raycreative
Reserve
Reserve

Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:49 am

It is mainly because i struggle to find much positive about one goal in the entire 2018/19 home European campaign and i struggle to find anything positive about nil shots on target,not for the first time this season
I struggle to find anything positive about 4 defeats out of 5
I struggle to find anything positive balancing rumours that world cup winner Pogba and words number one keeper DDg are to be sold

If you want me to say that McTomminay had a good game,actually the second good game of the season then i have done
If he has too many more they will cash him in
I thought Fred had a fair game as well but i can't remember his second good game of the season

Smalling tried to kill Messi and Young is past any level other than testimonial but he will probably still be our right back next season

Come on you reds!!!
Is that positive enough

Goku
Reserve
Reserve

Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:35 pm

Pogba can F off if he wants to but DDG has to stay.

We need to give DDG what he wants this Sanchez effect is with the Hugh wages is radiating throughout the team.

Pogba we can replace but DDG is like a Messi or Ronaldo in his position. Are we going to readily believe the papers?

raycreative
Reserve
Reserve

Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:31 pm

Goku wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 1:35 pm
Pogba can F off if he wants to but DDG has to stay.

We need to give DDG what he wants this Sanchez effect is with the Hugh wages is radiating throughout the team.

Pogba we can replace but DDG is like a Messi or Ronaldo in his position. Are we going to readily believe the papers?
who would you suggest to replace Pogba?
they are talking about Declan Rice.I don't think they would have to beat off Barca or Madrid or PSG or shitty city or shitty Liverpool
I think you could expect £100m for Pogba and pay possibly £30m for Rice
Glazernomics at its finest
Well actually no.You could sell Pogba and give his job to Fred and keep the £100m

Ashley Young getting a lot of dogs abuse on social media
A lot seem to think he should be retired.
I don't know why as he only gave the ball away 30 times last night
Oh for Gary Neville eh
Ashley only signed a new contract last month
ole must have insisted on it
Well he must have don't you agree?

we should all get behind Ashley as good fans

Sigmar
Reserve
Reserve

Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:16 pm

There are positives to come out of last nights game, McTominay showed that he can step up to the plate when required, asking him to do that every game at his age is a big ask at the moment, the lad has only really just broken into the first team, and it would seem will soon be a first pick.

Pogba is his normal petulant arrogant inconsistent self, when he is on his game he is brilliant, but all too often he thinks he can just jog around the pitch sporting the latest hairstyle and things will happen, as I have said before I think his presence in the dressing room is having a detrimental effect on Rashford and Lindgard, but that's just my opinion.

Another positive is the rise of Dalot, use him as RB instead of Ashley "fornicate" Young, he can't do any worse, Young has been off his game for months, he had a swansong for England in a team that couldn't beat Belgium !!

Lukaku has to be another that has to go, for his size he can't out muscle a ten yr old, he has the touch of a brick wall, and like Pogba fails to materialise in the big games.

We all knew this series of games would be tough, we also knew the honeymoon had to end at some point, can you blame Olé, well partly, but you have to remember he is still trying to work with players he hasn't signed, he needs two possibly more summer windows to make his stamp on the team, to get players he wants, most of all he needs time.

Life is what you have to put up with when you are not dead

Glorio
International Player
International Player

Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:56 pm

Sigmar wrote:
Thu Apr 11, 2019 6:16 pm
There are positives to come out of last nights game, McTominay showed that he can step up to the plate when required, asking him to do that every game at his age is a big ask at the moment, the lad has only really just broken into the first team, and it would seem will soon be a first pick.

Pogba is his normal petulant arrogant inconsistent self, when he is on his game he is brilliant, but all too often he thinks he can just jog around the pitch sporting the latest hairstyle and things will happen, as I have said before I think his presence in the dressing room is having a detrimental effect on Rashford and Lindgard, but that's just my opinion.

Another positive is the rise of Dalot, use him as RB instead of Ashley "fornicate" Young, he can't do any worse, Young has been off his game for months, he had a swansong for England in a team that couldn't beat Belgium !!

Lukaku has to be another that has to go, for his size he can't out muscle a ten yr old, he has the touch of a brick wall, and like Pogba fails to materialise in the big games.

We all knew this series of games would be tough, we also knew the honeymoon had to end at some point, can you blame Olé, well partly, but you have to remember he is still trying to work with players he hasn't signed, he needs two possibly more summer windows to make his stamp on the team, to get players he wants, most of all he needs time.

I agree with all your words and the sentiments behind them expect the line where you seem to think England not beating Belgium is a surprise.

There is only one GOLDEN BOY

Return to “U-N-I-T-E-D”