Next Match: Image
Internazionale in a Pre-Season Friendly.
Saturday 20th July 2019, KO 12:30 BST.
DaveMart
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Pre/Post Match Discussion: Premier League vs Wolves (a)

Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:13 am

What is creative about giving up?

DaveMart
Supporter
Supporter

Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:27 pm

I'd just note that I would be far more concerned if Ole had not made any tactical adjustments and chances had not been created against a tight defence.

He did, so I can't see anything there to show that we have the wrong manager.

And chances were created, so we have the potential to get through even against a competent packed defence.

That is not to ignore that chances were missed, but we have all seen games like that, whoever the strikers are.

The failings in defence are of greater concern, but even then I remember Lindelof, for instance, greatly improving after a very shaky start.

Mr_Aubergine
Junior Player
Junior Player

Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:49 pm

Looked forward to this game last night and enjoyed it as of the old Utd but obviously a really poor result. My thoughts are as follows:

- De Gea did not put his body on the line in two incidences, one caused goal.

- their goalie didn’t play particularly well, most of our shots were aimed at him!

- Lingard was running around as if looking for something.....the ball. He was poor and I thought I caught him looking at the bench as if he wanted off.

- as mentioned Pogba didn’t seem interested.

- Fred played quite well until De Gea stitched him up.

I think we should let both Pogba and De Gea go. Not sure about Lukaku, I was against him but maybe OGS can improve him? Give Romero a shot at goalie as suggested by Sigma. And of course replace Young and buy a “Roy Keane” .
I am still very happy with the OGS and his coaching team.

Life is like a pubic hair on a toilet seat.......sometimes you get pissed off!

raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player

Wed Apr 03, 2019 4:03 pm

DaveMart wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:13 am
What is creative about giving up?
There is obviously nothing creative about giving up but where exactly is the hope?
No director of football,players clearly being let go such as Mata and Merrara and Valencia and no sign,yet again of players being replaced
we've blamed LVG and Jose for wasting the money but where is the evidence they did?
Both have suggested they were "given" third,forth or no players which has not been denied so why don't the club tell us who "gave" these players to the managers.

People will defend anything imo
Mr Aubergine is "not sure about Lukaku".Is anybody else not sure?
He is shit.How he got to this club and how he stays at this club is anybody's guess.
So WTF bought him and why is he not sold
He keeps making keepers look "lucky".I love that saying.Game after game he misses open goals and the keeper is "lucky" :laugh: :laugh:

"Fred played well until DDG stitched him up"
Really!!
That is the third time he has made the same mistake and the third time the opposition has scored.Where world class players like DDG make mistakes is they give him consideration to be able to control a simple ball,turn and make an easy pass without slipping on his arse and having the ball nicked off his toes
If opposition keepers are lucky to make great saves i assume that fred is unlucky to keep getting caught in possession with that round thing called a football

If DDG and Pogba do want off i wouldn't blame them
Both world class players playing for a shit soccer franchise with no ambition
DDG especially has to beg at the end of every contract to be paid the going rate
i can see them both leaving and not being replaced either

I have just come back from lunch with four former United players
The summing up was "This team is in a total mess"
They might be right.They might be wrong but i know whose opinion i prefer

DaveMart
Supporter
Supporter

Wed Apr 03, 2019 4:43 pm

I can't see the point of all the woe is me stuff.

I am more interested in identifying very specific weaknesses and strengths, even if the latter are held to be only relative.

There is no doubt that the appointment of Ole was an upgrade on Jose in his latter United incarnation, and not every player is playing like a dog in every game.

And I am not interested in breast beating about us not currently being at the level of Barcelona etc.

What does interest me is that we have real opportunities to put in a better administrative structure and improve our player purchasing.

Sigmar
Reserve
Reserve

Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:40 pm

DaveMart wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 4:43 pm
I can't see the point of all the woe is me stuff.

I am more interested in identifying very specific weaknesses and strengths, even if the latter are held to be only relative.

There is no doubt that the appointment of Ole was an upgrade on Jose in his latter United incarnation, and not every player is playing like a dog in every game.

And I am not interested in breast beating about us not currently being at the level of Barcelona etc.

What does interest me is that we have real opportunities to put in a better administrative structure and improve our player purchasing.
Our strengths it has to be said are few, I'm beginning to think even Lingard isn't the player he was before Pogba arrived, and whilst you cannot fault the talent Pogba has, it's his influence on other players off the field that concerns me, I'm not saying they shouldn't have fun, but I get a sense that a couple of them are beginning to think they are bigger than the club, and that 60% is good enough.

Our weaknesses are obvious, they roll off the tongue like a well known song, Young, Jones, Smalling, Lukaku et al they should be replaced wholesale, and I have to agree with Ray, how the hell did some of them get new contracts, and more importantly why ?

Personally I would like to see a fit Rojo with Lindelhof in the main CB pairing, we've never seen them together for a decent stretch, injuries have prevented that, we used to call it the 'Carrington curse'

Hererra is not past it, he's only 29, and we should tie him down, along with DDG, Pogba let him go, he's too inconsistent and petulant for me.

I think I would offer Mata a role with coaching, he loves the kids and is a great ambassador for the club, a valuable asset.

Life is what you have to put up with when you are not dead

raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player

Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:00 pm

all very interesting comments and accepted

What concerns me is that,as usual,the fans are left in the dark over everything except who our latest sponsor is and how to have a Bobby Charlton as the only way of getting tickets for Barca,City and Spurs and "don't forget your tickets for Perth!1"

If this was a Real Madrid one season blip i would just accept it as every season cannot be a winner but this is 7 straight seasons in decline
The players we have are mostly average but appear to be likely to be around for the next 3 or 4 years
somebody,and there can only be one somebody,has given Sanchez a contract that is causing all the others,who realise how piss poor he is to undertandably want more

Pogba and Lukaku only two weeks ago were hailed as resurrected before Easter because,supposedly because of the Ole influence
Ole has now told us that Pogba wants to stay but to be honest few believe it and it isn't showing in performance
So is Ole lying,is Pogba lying?
It doesn't matter because what i think Pogba wants is money and success
A player of his ability is guaranteed money so he doesn't trust Ole/the club/Woodward/Matt Judge to build a team around him to get the success he is almost guaranteed at Madrid as they rebuild immediately
Same statement for DDG who some seem to think should be sold,the money sent to the Caymans and Romero to be moved up
I tried to find a word and the only one i could come up with is BOLLOCKS.This is the world number one that Woodward is pissing around with and making unhappy

Lukaku is not unlucky.He is shit
He is no more unlucky that City are lucky when they are battering Cardiff tonight

Jesse has not gone backwards.His ability has never been more than an enthuisiastic squad player who will give you his all
Valencia and Mata come into the category alongside Carrick,Giggs,Scholes and Rooney etc of top players held on to for too long
Once is nievety,twice is a seriouis mistake.All the others whilst adding Sweinsteiger,Falca etc is penny pinching to save money at the expense of the football club

So no it is not chest beating.It is not panic.
It is acceptance that this club is being screwed as a business only

I predict that if the past reflects the future then Ole will not be around at the end of next season
United will still be in the having a laugh league
Jones and Smalling will still be the centre halves and we will have three top players you have never heard of who we alledgedly paid £300m for and nobody wanted Ole in the first place
DDG and Pogba will be crowned European champions at Real Madrid

Quite sobering isn't it but can you rule it out??

DaveMart
Supporter
Supporter

Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:30 pm

'So no it is not chest beating.It is not panic.
It is acceptance that this club is being screwed as a business only'

You are seamlessly going from the fact of backwards progress to your assumed reasons for it.

However mean you think the Glaziers, it is their £700 million or so that has vanished.

Anyone who thinks that they did not hope to see us in serious contention in the Prem and CL for that wants their head examined,

Never ascribe to malice that which can be adequately explained by incompetence.

I have no with to get involved in one of your rants about those evil capitalists.

If you want to discuss something sensible like what management structure or who should be appointed director of football, fine.

For some reason mysterious to me although you think we are worse than I do, with you barely acknowledging anything which works, you nevertheless think it can be fixed in a few months by throwing money at it, which in the quantities you imagine just is not going to happen anyway.

Why not discuss reality, not how disappointed you are that it does not match your fantasies?

Sigmar
Reserve
Reserve

Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:44 pm

DaveMart wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:30 pm
'So no it is not chest beating.It is not panic.
It is acceptance that this club is being screwed as a business only'

You are seamlessly going from the fact of backwards progress to your assumed reasons for it.

However mean you think the Glaziers, it is their £700 million or so that has vanished.

Anyone who thinks that they did not hope to see us in serious contention in the Prem and CL for that wants their head examined,

Never ascribe to malice that which can be adequately explained by incompetence.

I have no with to get involved in one of your rants about those evil capitalists.

If you want to discuss something sensible like what management structure or who should be appointed director of football, fine.

For some reason mysterious to me although you think we are worse than I do, with you barely acknowledging anything which works, you nevertheless think it can be fixed in a few months by throwing money at it, which in the quantities you imagine just is not going to happen anyway.

Why not discuss reality, not how disappointed you are that it does not match your fantasies?
I agree, there are parts of the team that work, some of the time, irrespective of who bought who, or who is or was in charge. There had to come a time when the honeymoon would end and reality would set, but and it's a big but, Ole has got these players playing as a team, albeit sometimes badly, you can crtiticise him all you want, but you also have to remember that these players are the ones who beat PSG, and some of them might have been playing Wolves with Barca on their mind.
Ferguson had a way with dealing with that complacency, but Ole is in a different boat, he needs to get a top four finish, just for certain players to consider staying, or they must be gambling they can beat Barca over two legs ( not impossible for any team).

We as supporters can jump to conclusions and guess all we like, but the proof will come in the summer, it is only then we will see if the board really back Ole, or whether he is a stop gap, personally I hope he gets the backing, but there is an awful lot of deadwood that needs to be put on the fire, and if anyone knows that, Ole does.

Life is what you have to put up with when you are not dead

raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player

Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:46 am

And what happens if we don't get a top 4 finish that we need to?
Spurs and Chelsea and of course shitty city all had very comfortable wins last night

As for £700m that "has vanished" i just don't believe it
I don't believe any top manager would pay over £50m for Fred or over £70m for Lukaku.I think the figures are fed to the fans after being manipulated to include wages,possible bonus's for winning the champions league the cups and the boat race
And even if they were close that represents £100m a season on average which is barely one top player a season in the current market
Are you trying to tell me that when SAF left us with an old and tired team we should not have replaced 7 players?We should have replaced all 11 plus a few squad members.
Yes that's a billion and a huge amount but we have made a lot more profit than that
Which leads me on to mt final point about vanishing money
Where has all the extra cash gone?

I refuse to argue with genuine United fans like you lot about the thieves and pricks that are running this great club into the ground
I do not accept that w have been playing shit because possibly the players have Barca on their minds
Unless of course they are fearing an almighty dicking as i am

Only a few more weeks now to the end of potentially another shit season in decline
Let's all wait and see what happens to
Herrara,Mata
DDG and Pogba
Lukaku and Sanchez

a director of football

ONE RIGHT BACK,TWO CENTRE HALVES,A RIGHT WINGER AND POSSIBLE REPLACEMENTS FOR ALL THE ABOVE
Potentially a lot of money needed but after all Ole didn't get this club in the hopeless mess it currently is in did he

Goku
Reserve
Reserve

Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:08 am

Look we practically played the second half with 10 men. 11 v 11 we probably would have won that game but that's just football.

raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player

Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:25 am

Goku wrote:
Look we practically played the second half with 10 men. 11 v 11 we probably would have won that game but that's just football.

We played them 11 v 11 two weeks ago in the cup and they beat us
We are about the same level as Wolves and as such we can expect to win as many as we lose against them
We "might" have beaten them with 11,we "might" have drawn and we "might" have lost
Same comments against teams like Everton and Arsenal and Spurs
And that is simply not good enough if we want to challenge for anything

But next season we will have have 5 or 6 new top class players.
Well we will won't we?

So wait and see

Goku
Reserve
Reserve

Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:14 am

raycreative wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:25 am
Goku wrote:

We played them 11 v 11 two weeks ago in the cup and they beat us
We are about the same level as Wolves and as such we can expect to win as many as we lose against them
We "might" have beaten them with 11,we "might" have drawn and we "might" have lost
Same comments against teams like Everton and Arsenal and Spurs
And that is simply not good enough if we want to challenge for anything

But next season we will have have 5 or 6 new top class players.
Well we will won't we?

So wait and see
Remember we were really up for this game is the second half. But look at the glass half full. I'm sure there will be a transfer budget.

Forget wolves now they a shitty park the bus team that hits the bigger teams on the counter.

The fact is we let them back in the game but it's past now. I'm rather going to focus on Barca game.

As for the contracts I'm sure the glazers realize that success on the field is just as important as success off the field.

This could all be paper talk and nothing is set in stone. 4 or 5 players and we'll have the team that is ready to play the Man Utd way.

raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player

Mon Apr 08, 2019 8:47 am

i admire your optimism but you are way way way off the mark

Wolves
"We were really up for the game in the second half"
No we were not.We did not have one shot on target until 15 seconds from the end.We "did not let them back in the game".We were never on the same field as them

"They are a shitty team who park the bus and play on the counter attack"
Is that like Shitty city and shitty Liverpool who are very lucky teams a coz the refs help them?
We are a shitty team who park the bus and play on the counter a coz we don't have the midfield quality to play any other way

"You are sure the Glazers realise that success is an important on the field as it is off the field"
Do you ever look further beyond blind support?
Have you never heard Ed Woodward tell the important investors time and time again that success on the field is not important?
Have you never noticed how these great sportsmen other interest Tampa Bay Buccaneers has been bottom of the American Football League with no hope or sign of investment for at least the last 10 years yet they still make fortunes

And finally 4 or 5 players is all we need
That alone is half a team and i agree with ONE RIGHT BACK,TWO CENTRE HALVES,ONE RIGHT WINGER AND A CENTRE FORWARD
But What happens if Pogba and DDG leave as is starting to look extremely more likely.That's 7
Plus a midfielder or two to replace Herrara and Mata and who can get wired in and lead the team
That's 10
And what about the squad.There is aonly a couple who "might" make it coming though
Shitty City and shiitty Chelsea have about 50 kids between them out on loan and developing

Never mind we should easily beat shitty Barca over the two legs a coz they are shitty as well

Goku
Reserve
Reserve

Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:45 am

To be honest, the Barca we faced a few years ago were at the peak of tiki taka. Style is important to them just as it must become important to us.

I people will be more upbeat about this game. A few bad results and we all doom and gloom. We know it's a free hit so let's support the team or go watch something else.

Barca are good but it has weaknesses as well. The thing is focus on this game and it will tell us how far we off the pace from being the best in Europe.

Can we win, the ball is round and we need tactic and strategy. There is absolutely no. Way we can miss the chances we had at wolves.

Ractic, Vidal and Bouquets. vs Pogba Matic and Mctommy

raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player

Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:00 am

Goku wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:45 am
To be honest, the Barca we faced a few years ago were at the peak of tiki taka. Style is important to them just as it must become important to us.

I people will be more upbeat about this game. A few bad results and we all doom and gloom. We know it's a free hit so let's support the team or go watch something else.

Barca are good but it has weaknesses as well. The thing is focus on this game and it will tell us how far we off the pace from being the best in Europe.

Can we win, the ball is round and we need tactic and strategy. There is absolutely no. Way we can miss the chances we had at wolves.

Ractic, Vidal and Bouquets. vs Pogba Matic and Mctommy

Fans do need to get behind the team on the night
Will they?
Or will it be the usual pilgrims and tourists with ipads

It would be good to bring a good old style European night back to this ground
I have forgotten what they feel like
I hope i remember tomorrow

Colin Francis
First Team Player
First Team Player

Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:15 pm

I'm just hoping that a Utd team that we've not seen in a long time, turns up tonight. But as I awaken from mine deep slumber, a right ol di'''king seems on the cards. Sigh!

...and the Truth shall make you free.....

Return to “U-N-I-T-E-D”