Next Match: Image
Manchester City in the Premier League.
Wednesday 24th April 2019, KO 20:00 BST.
raycreative
Reserve
Reserve

LVG interview

Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:59 am

So finally the truth comes out
It sounds to me like LVG possibly had a two year banning order on him but now he has done this fascinating interview with Simon Stone who journalism i admire
It takes you both to the past,the future and the inner workings of the club and confirms a great deal of what i believed for some time
The conclusion is that this club is rotten to the core

The bullet points
LVG wanted a two year contract but Ed and the Glazers insisted on 3.They then fired him after 2
Jose was approached 6 months before he was appointed.A fact denied regularly by United but confirmed by many other sources in football

LVG needed players for certain positions and gave Ed Woodward his choices.
He did not get first or second or third choices and regularly had to make do with what he got

He also,like all of us,felt United needed a technical director but Woodward has one
He is Matt Judge.He is an investment banker with a masters degree in economics and finance
The system is the scouts find the players and Matt Judge negotiates fees and contracts and makes his recommendations to Woodward based on that who in turn makes his recommendations to the Glazers
Not an ounce of football matter goes into the decision making

LVG says this is a commercial club and not a football club any more.SAF agrees

Read it and give your comments
It is not hearsay.It is direct quoting.It is the truth
I fear for the clubs future as a football team with these thieves in charge of this model
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47704834

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

Re: LVG interview

Thu Mar 28, 2019 3:06 am

Everyone knows the club is run commercially and Woodward has sweet fornicate all idea about football.

But LVG still thinks he played exciting football. We scored one goal at the Stretford end in 4 months. We had one shot on target in that time, a 94th minute penalty against Sheffield United. The less we ever hear about that name associated with Manchester United, the better

"Beckham... into Sheringham... and Solskjær has won it!"

raycreative
Reserve
Reserve

Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:46 am

Sandies wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 3:06 am
Everyone knows the club is run commercially and Woodward has sweet fornicate all idea about football.

But LVG still thinks he played exciting football. We scored one goal at the Stretford end in 4 months. We had one shot on target in that time, a 94th minute penalty against Sheffield United. The less we ever hear about that name associated with Manchester United, the better

He said that he played more attacking football than Jose did and now Ole does.
He said that Jose and now Ole play on the counter attack and the only difference between the two has been the results
I have to agree that the last 2 games against both Arsenal in the league and Wolves in the cup were poor in tactics,performance and result
Indeed i commented on this forum after hanging on against Spurs and the last two games the football was no different to Hose's football
Although everybody was and is still shouting for Ole i wonder what bad performances and results against Barca and City and Chelsea will do
What will happen if we finish outside the top 4

Pogba, a world cup winner,will push for a transfer and as you correctly state,thus agreeing with LVG the club is indeed run commercially and as such expect them to cash in on a depreciating asset such as Pogba,as his contract also starts to run down
Where will that leave DDG.He is currently stalling on a new contract and we are almost at a critical crossroad,again,with him
If Juve do come in for Rashford with a great offer will they sell

Or put another way
Who the hell will be left to play
Ole will get the job as he toes the party line until the teams continueing the slow decline over the last 5 years(a la Tampa Bay Buccs) will make the board get rid of him thus probably tarnashing one of the clubs folk heroes
Ole is not strong enough to demand top players
And especially not from our director of football Matt Judge who is based in London with Ed Woodward and has no interest in football in general and United in paticular
Do you want to know who bought Sanchez and Lukaku?
Well here is your answer
https://tribuna.com/en/manutd/news/2992315/

Goku
Reserve
Reserve

Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:00 am

The point where LVG makes that we a 'commercial' club is correct. But making one true statement and then taking swipes at Ole is unfair.

Even though we had a bad spell recently Ole still has an outstanding win ratio. I mean he took Mou negative goal. Difference and made it positive.

This so called Tactical genius in LVG we didn't see at Man Utd. Rather promote from within the ranks.

Ole understands the club and a few bad injuries like muscle injuries take time for players to get back a full match fitness.

Note how he takes the swipe when we have a dip in form.

Frankly Ole deserves the job. But Ole might give the hairdryer in the dressing room but keep it out of the media unlike Jose.

That is the best way.

Goku
Reserve
Reserve

Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:07 am

I hope some of that commercial cash is reinvested back in the squad. Not in the glazers pockets.

Certainly we do need a director of football. It's the way modern clubs are run. To play for Man Utd is an Honor.

To support it is an honor. Yes when the fruit blooms and things are rosy everyone is happy.

So yes I'm sure this articles the players can use as a positive to prove people wrong.

Jose left us with mission impossible. With 6 games left it is possible.

raycreative
Reserve
Reserve

Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:35 pm

Goku wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:07 am
I hope some of that commercial cash is reinvested back in the squad. Not in the glazers pockets.

Certainly we do need a director of football. It's the way modern clubs are run. To play for Man Utd is an Honor.

To support it is an honor. Yes when the fruit blooms and things are rosy everyone is happy.

So yes I'm sure this articles the players can use as a positive to prove people wrong.

Jose left us with mission impossible. With 6 games left it is possible.
the players that want to stay like Mata and Herrara are being pushed out of the door to save money
the players that are good like Pogba and DDG are almost being forced to ask for a transfer by the lack of acceptable money being offered to world champions

So to play for this club and to support it is an honour
Is it not an honour to own it,especially when it cost you nothing
Is it not a given that you should be buying and not selling the best
When Jose left we were 6th.We are now 6th

The board has had a meeting yesterday and commented that they are putting transfer discussions on hold until they see what league we are playing in Europe and therefore how much money will we have to invest
Doesn't sound positive to me

As usual it is wait and see for the 7th straight season

Return to “U-N-I-T-E-D”