Next Match: Image
Internazionale in a Pre-Season Friendly.
Saturday 20th July 2019, KO 12:30 BST.
Devil Pikney
Lifetime Supporter
Lifetime Supporter

Tickets for United vs Barcelona

Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:54 pm

Does anyone have any idea on how long it would take the club to get back to me if I applied for 2 or 3 tickets for the above match. Also, reading the info provided it looks as if each person would have to take out a membership with the club, rather than one person joining and applying for 3 tickets....can anyone confirm if that's correct.

Would also appreciate any other suggestions regarding obtaining tickets, other than the usual overpriced online ones.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;None but ourselves can free our minds.

"Eric Cantona is a great player, but he's not as good as Ryan Giggs" - Johan Cruyff

"Maybe one day people will say I was another Ryan Giggs" - George Best

Sigmar
Reserve
Reserve

Re: Tickets for United vs Barcelona

Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:54 am

Normally it's one ticket per member, I can't see that changing especially for this game.
This game will definitely go to ticket ballot as demand will outstrip supply, so there is a very good chance you will get chubbed.
In theory one member can apply for three tickets, but has to quote the membership numbers of who the other tickets are for.

That is how it used to work, but I haven't had to use the system for tickets in a long time, so it may have changed, but I doubt I will be able to get a ticket for this one,

Good luck !

Life is what you have to put up with when you are not dead

raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player

Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:21 am

Devil Pikney wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:54 pm
Does anyone have any idea on how long it would take the club to get back to me if I applied for 2 or 3 tickets for the above match. Also, reading the info provided it looks as if each person would have to take out a membership with the club, rather than one person joining and applying for 3 tickets....can anyone confirm if that's correct.

Would also appreciate any other suggestions regarding obtaining tickets, other than the usual overpriced online ones.

Thanks in advance for any advice.
This is like Christmas coming early for the Glazers

Obviously a hard ticket and for obvious reasons but the club will/are milking this for every penny

The applications are now open and as Sigmar correctly informs there is no chance under an circumstances of you or anyone else getting a ticket,never mind 3 out of the club
Why not?
Because you just want a ticket and United want and will get fortunes

The applications are open,as stated and they will leave them open as long as sensibly possible even though there is no chance
Why?
Because everybody that calls in who is not a member is an opportunity to draw in £32 membership for a lost cause.
They just won't tell you it's a lost cause
It is one ticket per member so if you apply and none of you are members then that's £100 to the bad guys
Imagine if they hook in 10,000 such people then that's £320,000 for sod all

These are your only choices.
I suspect none will appeal to you
They won't appeal to any
Thomas Cook amazingly appear to have been lucky in the ballot
If you google Thomas Cook Manchester United v Barcelona you can guarantee yourself a ticket and you don't need to be a member.Funny that
You get 2 people for one night in the shit hole Travelodge on Salford Quays currently selling for £33 a night
You also get 2 guaranteed "official" tickets for the game ie they come from United with United's blessing.Face value of these two tickets will be c£50 each ie £100
So how much will this face value £133 package cost.Well only £602
As Sigmar says if you can afford to look after yourself prepare to be screwed
I call it legalised touting

Amazingly the club have some VIP packages left as well
You can take a 5 seater box for £7200 so £1400 a ticket
or an 8 seater box for £30,000 so about £3800 a ticket
International fine dining is obviously included for the above give away prices

I have not researched but i feel sure Thomas Cook Chinese ipad branch members have been lucky in the ballot as well
I assume the plane ticket of about £1500 each will be added to the Travelodge cost so two people from China can expect to pay about £4500 for a couple of days in Manchester
You will get a free museum tour which ends in the megastore but you will have to buy your own 50/50 scarf

Ah well the wonderful world of Manchester United

Ole
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain

Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:59 pm

Triggered.

Devil Pikney
Lifetime Supporter
Lifetime Supporter

Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:16 pm

Unfortunately.

Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;None but ourselves can free our minds.

"Eric Cantona is a great player, but he's not as good as Ryan Giggs" - Johan Cruyff

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:44 pm

The club have done a decent thing by charging Barcelona the same fee we were charged and using the extra prices to refund fans for the exorbitant fees that Barca charged us.

Im also pretty sure ballot results are out based on twitter. Seen a few people celebrating getting tickets

"Beckham... into Sheringham... and Solskjær has won it!"

raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player

Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:03 pm

Ballot results are out

The club have done the decent thing and made some more tickets available if you were unlucky in the ballot

This is the email i got today
Carvery in the cricket club and a seat in east upper
At a giveaway price of £835
Legalised touting methinks
https://www.eticketing.co.uk/muticketsa ... t=execnews

But then again if you can afford it you should get priority over the peasants

Dante
Referee
Referee

Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:39 pm

If you are able to risk it on the day, it might be worth seeing if there are any returns you can pick up from the ticket office, but aside from that, you're probably out of luck.

raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player

Sat Mar 23, 2019 1:33 pm

Dante wrote:
If you are able to risk it on the day, it might be worth seeing if there are any returns you can pick up from the ticket office, but aside from that, you're probably out of luck.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

You do realise Dante that these are not genuine returns
When they say returns they mean anything that Thomas Cook has not stuck up a tourist(see prices above),then they go to the United International fine dining carvery(see prices above) and then they become returns, should no other ex player etc want them
Take a wild guess at how many that might actually be

I will give you a clue.It is number after the last one in this countdown 5 4 3 2 1 ??

Dante
Referee
Referee

Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:42 am

I don't really care whether they are genuine returns or not. Fact is I and others have done this before, even for knockout European games.

Ole
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain

Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:46 am

Dante wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:42 am
I don't really care whether they are genuine returns or not. Fact is I and others have done this before, even for knockout European games.
Didn't you & I both get returns for the Roma game in 2007?

I remember getting back from Rome thinking, there's no fornicate way I'm not gonna be at the return leg. Ended up in the family stand hugging a random bloke when Rooney scored the third.

Devil Pikney
Lifetime Supporter
Lifetime Supporter

Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:47 pm

Dante wrote:
I'd be traveling from a bit too far to take the risk but thanks for the suggestion (Y)

Return to “U-N-I-T-E-D”