Next Match: Image
Internazionale in a Pre-Season Friendly.
Saturday 20th July 2019, KO 12:30 BST.
Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Zlatan Criticizes Class of 92 for too much Complaining, their Response is to Complain More

Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:12 pm

Ibrahimovic slams Manchester United's Class of 92 for 'complaining all the time'

play

Ad (0:12)

6:10 AM
ESPN

Facebook
Twitter
Facebook Messenger
Pinterest
Email
Zlatan Ibrahimovic has hit out at Manchester United's "Class of 92" for their criticism of the club in recent years.
Paul Scholes was critical of United during the tenures of both Louis van Gaal and Jose Mourinho -- with Ibrahimovic signing for the Old Trafford club under the latter.

Watch on ESPN networks in the U.S.
ESPN+ is America's home for a host of professional soccer leagues from around the world, highlighted by Italy's Serie A, Major League Soccer, UEFA Nations League and English FA Cup. | ESPN+ schedule
And the LA Galaxy forward said Scholes and his former teammates, with Gary Neville another vocal TV pundit, should look to help the club rather than criticise it.
"They are not there anymore," he told The Mirror. "They are on TV and complaining all the time because they are not active in the club.
"If you want to work in the club, go and search for work in the club. So you cannot be on TV and always complaining and criticising.
"Yeah, OK, you've had your time -- we know it."
Meanwhile, Ibrahimovic also said the shadow of former manager Sir Alex Ferguson looms large at the club, and United need to move on if they are to become successful again.
"Everything that happens is judged by the era of Ferguson," the 37-year-old said. "They are saying if Ferguson was here, this would not happen, Ferguson would not do it like that.
"Ferguson would do it like this. Everything was Ferguson. If it was me, I would say I don't have Ferguson anymore. And I come here and I want to make my own history, I want to make my own story.
"So I do not want to hear what happened before. I want to do it in the present. You come in with a new mentality. Ferguson has his place in history at this club but now the club continues.
"It has to find its own identity and it is difficult."
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer replaced Mourinho in December and has been named caretaker manager, with a decision on a permanent appointment to be taken in the summer.

global.espn.com/football/manchester-united/story/3804480/ibrahimovic-slams-manchester-uniteds-class-of-92-for-complaining-all-the-time

"Make America Great Again!"

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Zlatan Criticizes Class of 92 for too much Complaining, their Response is to Complain More

Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:13 pm

Manchester United legend Giggs hits back at Ibrahimovic criticism

play

0:04
/
1:54

10:26 AM

Mark Ogden
Senior Writer, ESPN FC

Facebook
Twitter
Facebook Messenger
Pinterest
Email
Ryan Giggs has sarcastically suggested Zlatan Ibrahimovic "knows more about Manchester United than us" in response to the LA Galaxy forward's claim the Class of 92 are "always complaining and criticising" the club.
Gary Neville and Paul Scholes, in particular, were vocal critics of the team during Jose Mourinho's reign as manager. Neville also criticised the United hierarchy prior to Ole Gunnar Solskjaer's arrival as caretaker manager, following Mourinho's sacking in December.

Watch on ESPN networks in the U.S.
ESPN+ is America's home for a host of professional soccer leagues from around the world, highlighted by Italy's Serie A, Major League Soccer, UEFA Nations League and English FA Cup. | ESPN+ schedule
"Only Nicky [Butt] is connected with the club now, but when you play over 2000 games [3,450 in total] between us, we are going to have an opinion," Wales manager Giggs said at United's Carrington training ground ahead of the friendly against Trindad and Tobago.
"Sometimes it's positive, sometimes negative, but it doesn't have an effect on results. We are supporters. That's what football is about, having different opinions. But he [Ibrahimovic] obviously knows more about the club than us."
Giggs, meanwhile, has said he is worried about Manchester City eclipsing United's 1999 Treble success by winning the Quadruple this season.
City have already won the Carabao Cup and remain on course for success in the Premier League, FA Cup and Champions League.
"I've got enough to worry about, please don't bring that up!" Giggs, United's record appearance holder with 963, added. "They're a fantastic team, aren't they?
"They've already got one and United going out of the FA Cup makes that a little bit easier for them. They've got a long way to go, but just like us in the Treble, you need a lot of things to go for you, that bit of luck, which they had at the weekend.
"But they are a brilliant team. It will be interesting to see what they can achieve."
http://global.espn.com/football/manches ... -criticism

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Zlatan Criticizes Class of 92 for too much Complaining, their Response is to Complain More

Tue Mar 19, 2019 10:15 pm

Totally agree with Zlatan, first of all, there aren't too many remnants left from the Fergie era, it's time to move on. And with all the struggles the club has had since Fergie left, to me they always seemed compounded by the excessive criticism of former players that just came across as bitter for not getting to take over the club themselves. I love Zlatan, never afraid to speak his mind.

Sigmar
Reserve
Reserve

Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:05 am

This is exactly the same scenario as when when Matt gave up managing the club and moved upstairs, it's history repeating itself and Zlatan is right, Fergie being there watching your every move must be a nightmare, no matter how well you are doing you would be wondering what he was thinking.
The game has also changed since the 'Class of 92' it's moved on, yes they are fans, but they are also in the public eye, and their views are taken onboard by millions of fans, they (un)knowingly influence how fans think about the team.

Life is what you have to put up with when you are not dead

raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player

Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:40 am

Maybe the boys of 92 are wrong to complain.
Maybe they are not
That's an opinion

Fergie being around should not be a nightmare
It could/should be a challenge to impress the great man with your ability's

But the thing that gets up my nostrils is that the criticism is coming from Zlatan the shirt seller
The only reason he joined United was for the money and the only reason United bought him was the profit they could make on him
A short term player who won sod all at United
Now moved on to the USA and kissing the badge of his new club and saying it was all he ever wanted to do etc etc.Same shit as he gave you at United

The class of 92 won everything and played their entire careers at Old Trafford
Maybe the 92's don't like the way the club is being run
They would have a point

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:50 pm

raycreative wrote:

This. Isn't it amazing how Ole has used Sir Alex as inspiration for himself and the players instead of trying to oppose him and poo their pants at the thought of replacing him

It's one of the key reasons he's been able to actually be successful managing this club, unlike the last 3 clowns who last their asses trying to run this club

"Beckham... into Sheringham... and Solskjær has won it!"

Sigmar
Reserve
Reserve

Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:17 pm

Sandies wrote:
raycreative wrote:

This. Isn't it amazing how Ole has used Sir Alex as inspiration for himself and the players instead of trying to oppose him and poo their pants at the thought of replacing him

It's one of the key reasons he's been able to actually be successful managing this club, unlike the last 3 clowns who last their asses trying to run this club
Van Gaal was sacked after winning an FA Cup because Maureen became available and he was always first choice, if you think that's not true then there is no help.
Maureen also won us a trophy or two, but he fell foul because of his attitude of trying to buy success and then blaming everyone but himself when it went tits up. To be fair Maureen had not just lost the fans and the players, he had lost the board as well, and it came down to who had the most nerve, in the end the board lost theirs and sacked him.

The quote from Ray is bollocks, Fergie has the same influence as Matt did, and while I relish what Ole has done, it still rings true of deJa vu with me, you have short memories, working with Matt looking over his shoulder 24/7 killed Wilf Mcguinness, the stress made him lose all his hair, having someone that successful can be an albatross around the clubs neck, not simply someone to look up to.

The challenge is the same, just different names, it used to be that a new manager had to live up to Matt and win things, now that albatross is called Fergie.

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

Thu Mar 21, 2019 10:56 pm

Sigmar wrote:
Sandies wrote:
raycreative wrote:

1. Van Gaal was sacked after winning an FA Cup because Maureen became available and he was always first choice, if you think that's not true then there is no help.

2. The quote from Ray is bollocks, Fergie has the same influence as Matt did, and while I relish what Ole has done, it still rings true of deJa vu with me, you have short memories, working with Matt looking over his shoulder 24/7 killed Wilf Mcguinness, the stress made him lose all his hair, having someone that successful can be an albatross around the clubs neck, not simply someone to look up to.

The challenge is the same, just different names, it used to be that a new manager had to live up to Matt and win things, now that albatross is called Fergie.
1. What you said has no relation to what I said, The Van Gaal period was a fornicate disaster. Anyone who remembers differently because we beat Sheffield United, Derby, Shrewsbury, West Ham, Everton and Crystal Palace has an even shorter memory. The football was the worst it's ever been, watching United became a chore. That Sheffield United game is still burned into my brain

2. I think again you're proving my point, Ole has embraced Sir Alex's influence on the club. Wilf was shat. Van Gaal was senile by the time he took over. Mourinho was finished. The Moyes era we like to pretend didn't happen. All of them hid from the Ghost of Fergie while Ole has embraced. Used his experience and knowledge and even getting him as a guest for the players. There's a reason only 1 manager since Fergie has even remotely resembled a Manchester United manager

"Beckham... into Sheringham... and Solskjær has won it!"

raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player

Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:23 am

Sigmar wrote:
Sandies wrote:
raycreative wrote:

Van Gaal was sacked after winning an FA Cup because Maureen became available and he was always first choice, if you think that's not true then there is no help.
Maureen also won us a trophy or two, but he fell foul because of his attitude of trying to buy success and then blaming everyone but himself when it went tits up. To be fair Maureen had not just lost the fans and the players, he had lost the board as well, and it came down to who had the most nerve, in the end the board lost theirs and sacked him.

The quote from Ray is bollocks, Fergie has the same influence as Matt did, and while I relish what Ole has done, it still rings true of deJa vu with me, you have short memories, working with Matt looking over his shoulder 24/7 killed Wilf Mcguinness, the stress made him lose all his hair, having someone that successful can be an albatross around the clubs neck, not simply someone to look up to.

I am not sure why you feel the need to personally attack me all the time by using sayings like "the quote from Ray is bollocks" whilst comparing Ole/SAF to Matt/Wilf McGuinness
You are way out of your depth when you talk about those comparisons
Both Matt and Wilf were very good friends of mine
Indeed i helped Wilf write his book.
Unfortunately Wilf is not too well at the moment

Wilf was probably,now thinking about it,was another Ole
Wilf gave his entire playing career to United.He joined them as a young schoolboy and rose through the ranks along with the babes
As such he understood what is currently being referred to as United's DNA
Like Ole, Wilf was a a very good player in his own right but trying to get into a team regularly that included better players such as Duncan Edwards was nigh on impossible
He could have left and commanded a first team place in many other top clubs but chose to stay.Just like Ole

Wilf badly broke his leg which ended his playing career but even then his desire to stay in football was such that he tried to make a comeback whilst taking his coaching badges
He qualified as a coach and got as far as making the bench in his attempt at a comeback
**I will diversify at this point with a lovely story**
In my own collection i had the notes from the insurance companies about Wilf.
He had been insured by several companies and these private letters were the insuarance company talking to each other about his comeback attempt
When it had been decided that his career was done, they paid out United who in turn paid out Wilf and assumed that was the end of it
He started his attempted comeback and they watched him.
One letter notes that although he is back running he is "running with a limp"
But when he did get as far as the bench with sheer determination the insurance company asked for the money back
Matt called them into his office and told them to fornicate off
Wilf fondly remembered it as he remembered Matt telling him the story.He recalled United got £30k and gave him £25k
I told him that United got £35k and gave him £25k.He would not believe it until i showed/gave him the file.He was fuming
He has the file to this day

So the comparison i am making is that Ole/SAF is as close as you can get to Wilf/Matt Busby
Indeed you could say the same for Ryan Giggs/SAF and although was not a horror show it didn't really work out

Who knows where the Ole show will end up
After important losses to Arsenal and Wolves in a week we have been looking for excuses haven't we
"The players were not quite fit" is the obvious one
Let's face it if a Jose/LVG had lost those two so tamely they would have been abused on this forum.
But it's Ole so it's OK as he has done such a great job
So what happens if we get slaughtered by Barca and City in the next month.
I hope it doesn't happen but you can't rule it out
And behind all of that there is no denying this team is well short of being capable of challenging for anything important

raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player

Fri Mar 22, 2019 9:04 am

Very interesting article in todays Daily Mail by the chief sportwriter,Martin Samuel

Headlined "ZIP IT ZLATAN AND RESPECT THE "CIRCLE OF FERGUSON"

Says Zlatan should keep his mouth shut re the likes of Ryan Giggs
It explains that Zlatan played 53 games which is 1 more than Michael Owen and three less than Les Sealey and Fabio da Silva,none who are sung about or seen as heroes
He won one lousy league cup where Giggs won 13 league titles,2 champions league etc etc etc

Martin thinks that the only reason Zlatan joined was for the money and the reason the money was available was because of the achievements of the circle of Ferguson

Sort of squares the circle for me

Sigmar
Reserve
Reserve

Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:31 pm

raycreative wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2019 7:23 am
Sigmar wrote:
Sandies wrote:

I am not sure why you feel the need to personally attack me all the time by using sayings like "the quote from Ray is bollocks" whilst comparing Ole/SAF to Matt/Wilf McGuinness
You are way out of your depth when you talk about those comparisons
Both Matt and Wilf were very good friends of mine
Indeed i helped Wilf write his book.
Unfortunately Wilf is not too well at the moment

Wilf was probably,now thinking about it,was another Ole
Wilf gave his entire playing career to United.He joined them as a young schoolboy and rose through the ranks along with the babes
As such he understood what is currently being referred to as United's DNA
Like Ole, Wilf was a a very good player in his own right but trying to get into a team regularly that included better players such as Duncan Edwards was nigh on impossible
He could have left and commanded a first team place in many other top clubs but chose to stay.Just like Ole

Wilf badly broke his leg which ended his playing career but even then his desire to stay in football was such that he tried to make a comeback whilst taking his coaching badges
He qualified as a coach and got as far as making the bench in his attempt at a comeback
**I will diversify at this point with a lovely story**
In my own collection i had the notes from the insurance companies about Wilf.
He had been insured by several companies and these private letters were the insuarance company talking to each other about his comeback attempt
When it had been decided that his career was done, they paid out United who in turn paid out Wilf and assumed that was the end of it
He started his attempted comeback and they watched him.
One letter notes that although he is back running he is "running with a limp"
But when he did get as far as the bench with sheer determination the insurance company asked for the money back
Matt called them into his office and told them to fornicate off
Wilf fondly remembered it as he remembered Matt telling him the story.He recalled United got £30k and gave him £25k
I told him that United got £35k and gave him £25k.He would not believe it until i showed/gave him the file.He was fuming
He has the file to this day

So the comparison i am making is that Ole/SAF is as close as you can get to Wilf/Matt Busby
Indeed you could say the same for Ryan Giggs/SAF and although was not a horror show it didn't really work out

Who knows where the Ole show will end up
After important losses to Arsenal and Wolves in a week we have been looking for excuses haven't we
"The players were not quite fit" is the obvious one
Let's face it if a Jose/LVG had lost those two so tamely they would have been abused on this forum.
But it's Ole so it's OK as he has done such a great job
So what happens if we get slaughtered by Barca and City in the next month.
I hope it doesn't happen but you can't rule it out
And behind all of that there is no denying this team is well short of being capable of challenging for anything important
So you agree with me then, that all this has a feeling of De ja Vu, even down to the point that they both struggled to secure a first name on the team sheet with their respective managers.
If Ole is going to succeed at the club, he is going to have to do what Ferguson did, and that is step out of the shadow of great manager, he can only do that by surpassing him................time will tell, but if this is history repeating itself, we are in for a rocky few years.

As for me being 'out of my depth' I know what I know, and that's all I want to say about that.

On the other matter, I will call a truce on the attacks, if you reciprocate, and respect my status as a veteran.
We both have a great deal of knowledge about this clubs history, so lets make this board a better place by not having childish spats. (Y)

raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player

Fri Mar 22, 2019 8:19 pm

Happy to start again

So on to Ole
If he is going to succeed then he first needs to be appointed manager
We also have had 4 rocky years which is little to do with history and more to do with the selection policy of one man and a downright stubbornes in refusing to appoint a director of football to help him, and the club ,cover his obvious lack of knowledge of professional football
I find it frustrating as hell that we,as fans,have not heard one word on the long term plans for the club manager, since Ole was appointed as caretaker
I hope they have had the balls to tell him what the plan is but you wouldn't bet on it

TheWonderboy
New Signing
New Signing

Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:20 am

I get Zlatan's point. I love the Class of 92, but there's just to much critique. Of course you have to give some shit for not performing as expected, but give some fornicate praise when deserved. None of them have succeeded in their life after football and you don't hear any of the guys talking shit about them.

raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player

Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:15 pm

TheWonderboy wrote:
I get Zlatan's point. I love the Class of 92, but there's just to much critique. Of course you have to give some shit for not performing as expected, but give some fornicate praise when deserved. None of them have succeeded in their life after football and you don't hear any of the guys talking shit about them.

I totally agree with your sentiments
The class of 92 should indeed give praise to the current squad
They regularly priase DDG,Martial and Rashford
I have seen snippets of praise also to the likes of Shaw for getting back and Dalot for the potential he is showing
Now why they don't they give praise to the other players,the management and the owners
After all they have achieved err well err err well
Sod all
The other players include the likes of Sanchez,Jones,Smalling
We can't praise the current management management team because after a handfull of games it is too early to say anything other than they have done a better job as temporary management but have been found mostly wanting in the pressure games(Arsenal in the league and Wolves in the cup)
You cam't say anything nice about the owners.Or can you

Now on to the class of 92
I agree they haven't done much
Beckham-United Nations peace ambassador,USA club owner,Salford City part owner,Successful advertising and promotional career.Successful male model.Worls icon,Charity fund raiser etc etc etc

Giggs-International manager,part owner of Salford City.Hotelier

Scoles Part owner of Salford City,Building a career in media and broadcasting.Hotelier

Phil Neville-Part owner of Salford City,manager of the up and coming womens team that now play in front of massive crowds,broadcaster,pundit
Has hos own successful charity

Gary Neville-Part owner of Salford City,pundit,hotellier,property developer

Even Robbie Savage is on the telly or radio many times a week

Not much really.
What do you do?

Sigmar
Reserve
Reserve

Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:43 pm

raycreative wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:15 pm
TheWonderboy wrote:

I totally agree with your sentiments
The class of 92 should indeed give praise to the current squad
They regularly priase DDG,Martial and Rashford
I have seen snippets of praise also to the likes of Shaw for getting back and Dalot for the potential he is showing
Now why they don't they give praise to the other players,the management and the owners
After all they have achieved err well err err well
Sod all
The other players include the likes of Sanchez,Jones,Smalling
We can't praise the current management management team because after a handfull of games it is too early to say anything other than they have done a better job as temporary management but have been found mostly wanting in the pressure games(Arsenal in the league and Wolves in the cup)
You cam't say anything nice about the owners.Or can you

Now on to the class of 92
I agree they haven't done much
Beckham-United Nations peace ambassador,USA club owner,Salford City part owner,Successful advertising and promotional career.Successful male model.Worls icon,Charity fund raiser etc etc etc

Giggs-International manager,part owner of Salford City.Hotelier

Scoles Part owner of Salford City,Building a career in media and broadcasting.Hotelier
naged
Phil Neville-Part owner of Salford City,manager of the up and coming womens team that now play in front of massive crowds,broadcaster,pundit
Has hos own successful charity

Gary Neville-Part owner of Salford City,pundit,hotellier,property developer

Even Robbie Savage is on the telly or radio many times a week

Not much really.
What do you do?
Thats hardly a fair comparison Ray, all of their success has come away from football management.

Anyone with enough money can own a football club, and whilst the class of 92 own Salford City, they do not manage the team on a day to day basis.

Beckham has never been in managment, in fact he himself is managed because he can't do it himself.

Ryan Giggs, manager of Wales where success is measured by how well you play against England, Scotland and Ireland.

Phil Neville, failed under Moyes, the womens team, derided by yourself, yeah but compared to mens football, womens foolball is still virtually Sunday League status, without the corporate "Man Utd" banner, would he choose to be their manager ?

Lets not talk about Gary Neville and Robbie Savage, claiming Savage is Class of 92 is clutching at straws, and you forget to mention Gary's poor attempt at managing Valencia.

Scholes lasted 11 days at Oldham, his dream job, his boyhood club.

Basically they have all turned to the darkside of football, and become pundits, people with an opinion, if Joe Bloggs spouted some of the the stuff they do, he'd get laughed out of the pub, but because is one of the Class of 92, we have to take it as the truth, when it's no more than opinion from people being paid to be controversial.

raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player

Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:15 pm

What you say is correct about football success but the comment was made about life after football and not life in football
I strongly admire Beckham personally because he is basically thick but has done really well
I know him and his parents very well and when you realise where he came from and where he has got to and what he is doing going forward you have to mostly applaud him
He has taken vast doses of humbleness from his grand parents and the Kay family with whom he lodged in Broughton as an apprentice
He is giving back huge amounts to mankind as a UN Ambassador and at the same time enjoying life to the fullest
I actually wish i was a lot more like him
He even,in my opinion carries Victoria whom i don't like.She is too full of herself for my liking and has to be the centre of attention all the time
She was the main reason imo that David left United
She wanted to live "somewhere" nicer

The Neville's are the Neville's but they stick together as a family and i applaud that

Scholes,Giggs and Butt are still pissed off by the way United treated them
Scholes came to help Giggs when called to fill a gap at the club and how do they reward him when they get a new manager
They ask him to coach the kids but tell him they can't afford to pay him
They tell him he can use the gym at Carrington for free if he wants to coach the kids
FFS
He has his own gym at home
That's what concerns me about Ole who is strongly rumoured to about be appointed
I hope this club does not screw his reputation

Sigmar
Reserve
Reserve

Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:41 pm

raycreative wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:15 pm
What you say is correct about football success but the comment was made about life after football and not life in football
I strongly admire Beckham personally because he is basically thick but has done really well
I know him and his parents very well and when you realise where he came from and where he has got to and what he is doing going forward you have to mostly applaud him
He has taken vast doses of humbleness from his grand parents and the Kay family with whom he lodged in Broughton as an apprentice
He is giving back huge amounts to mankind as a UN Ambassador and at the same time enjoying life to the fullest
I actually wish i was a lot more like him
He even,in my opinion carries Victoria whom i don't like.She is too full of herself for my liking and has to be the centre of attention all the time
She was the main reason imo that David left United
She wanted to live "somewhere" nicer

The Neville's are the Neville's but they stick together as a family and i applaud that

Scholes,Giggs and Butt are still pissed off by the way United treated them
Scholes came to help Giggs when called to fill a gap at the club and how do they reward him when they get a new manager
They ask him to coach the kids but tell him they can't afford to pay him
They tell him he can use the gym at Carrington for free if he wants to coach the kids
FFS
He has his own gym at home
That's what concerns me about Ole who is strongly rumoured to about be appointed
I hope this club does not screw his reputation
I'm not questioning the success of the C of 92 in their post football lives, for a bunch of lads who came from undistinguished backgrounds, that is not in doubt.
The initial post was about Zlatans comments on them criticising the club management today, and whether or not he is justified in telling them to STFU, based on their post football accomplishments you could be justified in saying he is right.

Rumours are rife, and depending on who you talk to, you either get a wink or a 'mind your own business' the general feeling is that the job is Ole's to turn down, if what is being said is true, then there are already a certain group thinking of moving house with what is being said is on it's way. My info is that the club have resorted to doing dealing the old way to get their men, by not disclosing who they are until a figure has been agreed, it is fair to say that the club have been ripped off by Ed storming in and throwing cash around, perhaps the Glazers have been show the light, and certain players may not be the only ones who are on their way out or down.

I can only add to that, that I have no idea how the role of DOF is progressing, do you have any idea ( Ray)?

raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player

Tue Mar 26, 2019 3:48 pm

I have not heard a beep on director of football so the signs are we are not after one, but that would be plain stupid to me

According to Mike Phelan,who is currently in Oz doing his main job, neither he nor Ole have heard a word on anything about the plan going forward
He might be lying and he might know everything but if he did he would keep quiet and just get on with it
We should be in full tranfer planning mode by now
Maybe we are but if history is anything to be judged by Ed

Herrera who is out of contract in 8 weeks is said to be looking for another club
He is said to be insulted by what Woodward has offered and has not heard anything back since he rejected the offer so is presuming they don't want him
As he can now leave on a free he will certainly get a good contract elsewhere with his ability
To be fair that is how he arrived when Ed Woodward bid a low offer which was laughed out of court so we had to wait another years until we were desperate to get him

Pogba is making overtures to Real Madrid
There is no reason for him to do that as he is not due or looking for a better contract at United
Is he ready for off?
Who knows
Rumour but rumour only is that Madrid are thinking of hooking Pogba with Bale as part of a deal
That would be plain daft as there is no room on the treatment table for Bale as Jones and Rojo already have the place fully working

DDG has had no contact, according to his agent, about an acceptable contract so it looks like United are pushing that to the wire as well as he can start talking to anybody in a few weeks time

Where i am sat it looks like the same old,same old

Lots of whispers and rumours and no real action

I have heard that the club is seriously worried about how it sees itself with the home fans and a secret meeting has been called between a top top class United official(no name will be given) and somebody who is considered to have his fingers on the fans pulse(again no name given)
It seems they are struggling to understand why local fans are showing minimal interest in applying for season tickets and want to know how to get the atmosphere back in the stadium
Frighteningly i have been asked to contribute my two bobs worth which i have agreed to provided my name is not disclosed
Very suspicious that one

Sigmar
Reserve
Reserve

Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:32 pm

My guess is that more and more contracts will go to the wire, which makes me think the job hasn't been handed to anyone yet, simple logic says if Ole has got the job, would he want to let Anders go, I don't think so, the same with DDG, I have a feeling it's a game of bluff, the players want to know who is coming in, as much as the fans do.
No heard anything on the fans forum regarding ST's, but then they never have listened to the fans, the obvious stumbling block is the cost, and paying up front and automatically for games you may not want to go to, the clamping down on re-sales will have a massive effect as will family bulk buys, and the clubs insistence those end up in touts hands.

Dante
Referee
Referee

Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:00 pm

I suspect that was mis-speaking, as it makes more sense for it to mean after playing.

The only one who really has had a successful post playing football career is Phil Neville, although you have to wonder if it's possible to do particularly badly with the current crop of players.

We'll see in time what Giggs is made of. Right now it's been a mixed bag of results, but they're either friendlies or glorified ones. He's won the one really important one in Euro qualifiers.

raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player

Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:33 pm

Sigmar wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:32 pm
My guess is that more and more contracts will go to the wire, which makes me think the job hasn't been handed to anyone yet, simple logic says if Ole has got the job, would he want to let Anders go, I don't think so, the same with DDG, I have a feeling it's a game of bluff, the players want to know who is coming in, as much as the fans do.
No heard anything on the fans forum regarding ST's, but then they never have listened to the fans, the obvious stumbling block is the cost, and paying up front and automatically for games you may not want to go to, the clamping down on re-sales will have a massive effect as will family bulk buys, and the clubs insistence those end up in touts hands.

It makes no sense to let contracts go to the wire especially when the wire is the end of contracts and therefore another contract can be signed by the player without even the courtesy of having to go back to his leaving club
If rumours are to be believed then Herrera has asked for an increase from about £75/80k a week to £150k a week which United have turned down and alledgedly stopped speaking to him.When i say United i mean Ed Woodward as he is the only one who does the talking
There are said to be three clubs in for him.One is back to Bilbao,one is PSG and the other is Arsenal
Ole is quoted as saying "Herrara has been pivotal in the revival of United"
Herrara says "I enjoy being at Manchester Unite where the fans love me and have treated me phenomenally and i owe it to them to listen to what United say but honestly i don't know what is going to happen"
When we need all out top players at the best they can play to give us a chance to get into the top 4 is this the correct attitude from the club?
What would happen if Herrara signed a binding pre contrac to Arsenal now?
How do you think he would play for the rest of the season if he needs Arsenal to do better than United to get into the top 4
He might have already signed.He doesn't have to tell anybody now

Pogba is quoted as wanting away

Mata says nobody has spoken to him

This is really starting to look good already for next year
McTominay and two cheap kids to be signed by the look of it

Return to “U-N-I-T-E-D”