Next Match: Image
Internazionale in a Pre-Season Friendly.
Saturday 20th July 2019, KO 12:30 BST.
RED3bution
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Champions League draw

Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:07 pm

ArizonaRed wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:17 pm
RED3bution wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:52 pm
ArizonaRed wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:01 pm

I cannot imagine Ole not having the job already. I would have liked to have the second leg at Old Trafford but it conflicts with City games caused our games reversed.
Not sure how I feel about Ole getting it. I have my doubts let's just say.
My general point would be that Barcelona will walk all over us. It's a low bar. If he gets a draw, he should a 1 year extension.
Not really sure how I feel about one year contracts, I know Sir Alex went for a good many years on a year-by-year contract but for a new manager that could cause some very uncomfortable interactions with players.
I think we have to get real about the streak of failed managers for various reasons and get a bit more practical. Moyes was hired on a 6-year or something like that, and in less than a year, gone. LVG, what 3-4 year contract? 2 seasons, gone. Am I missing someone? Then Mourinho ( the most successful so far), 2 and a half and fired before a 3-year ext had even started.
We need to learn from this pattern.

"You crossed the line first, sir. You squeezed them, you hammered them to the point of desperation. And in their desperation, they turned to a man they didn't fully understand." -The Dark Knight

DaveMart
Supporter
Supporter

Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:10 pm

Getting back to winning trophies is a longer term project whoever is the boss, as we are nowhere near top drawer at the moment, whether the answer is to buy more players or develop those we have, or a bit of both.

Poch has shown a disturbing tendency to fail at the final hurdle, and I would not have confidence in him to necessarily do better than Ole, who has the advantage of being United through and through.

I simply can't fancy any of the contenders, nor see why they should do better than big name LVG and Jose.

Unless Ole falls apart, I would sooner stick with what we have in the absence of a clear upgrade.

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter

Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:58 pm

RED3bution wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:07 pm
ArizonaRed wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:17 pm
RED3bution wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:52 pm

Not sure how I feel about Ole getting it. I have my doubts let's just say.
My general point would be that Barcelona will walk all over us. It's a low bar. If he gets a draw, he should a 1 year extension.
Not really sure how I feel about one year contracts, I know Sir Alex went for a good many years on a year-by-year contract but for a new manager that could cause some very uncomfortable interactions with players.
I think we have to get real about the streak of failed managers for various reasons and get a bit more practical. Moyes was hired on a 6-year or something like that, and in less than a year, gone. LVG, what 3-4 year contract? 2 seasons, gone. Am I missing someone? Then Mourinho ( the most successful so far), 2 and a half and fired before a 3-year ext had even started.
We need to learn from this pattern.
My "Pro’s and Con’s" of giving the job to Ole:

 He is United through and through and has history with the club.
 He has the game going fans behind him.
 He is young and appears to relate with the players.
 He gets more out of the players than Mourinho or van Gaal ever could.
 He has been brutally honest in his dealings with the press.
 He plays entertaining football.

 He is relatively inexperienced at the higher levels of football.
 His game plans have been naïve at time and he will stick with it a little too long.
 He has no experience with buying high value players.

Although there may be other names bantered around but the only competition Ole appears to have is Pochetteno and to be frank his attitude and track record in big game doesn’t thrill me. Personally, I would sign Ole to a 3 year deal with an option year and a clause to renegotiate at the end of the second year.

I can't believe it. I can't believe it. Football. Bloody hell.

raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player

Mon Mar 18, 2019 3:57 pm

What you guys are giving on here are honest opinions based on feelings born out of love for this club.

The reality is that not one of us or the hundreds of millions of fans around the world,if the United marketing machine is correct,have the slightest say in the decision making on who the new manager is.

Experience tells me that one day in June you will get a "proud to announce" notice of our new manager
That will inevitably split the fans into 2 camps
One camp will be in love with Ole and if he gets the job will be ecstatic.If and when he fails the other half will "never have fancied Ole myself"
The second option will be if Ole doesn't get the job when there will be outrage and immediate negative vibes for whoever the new manager will be.If and when he fails the other lot "knew he wasn't the right man for the job and Ole should have gotten it"
that's what these fornicate do
Divide and rule

Everybody at Liverpool is in love with Klopp
Everybody at City is in love with Pep
Chelsea and Arsenal are split and Spurs fans are waiting to see whether Poccettino stays or possibly joins us or waits for Madrid
If he leaves for Madrid they "will understand".If he leaves for us they want him to fail

Return to “U-N-I-T-E-D”