Goku
Reserve
Reserve

Re: Pre/Post Match Discussion: Champions League vs PSG (a)

Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:57 am

Ole's at the wheel and he is made history in this completion in 1999 and 20 years on he makes history to become the first manager to win after losing the home leg.

Ole's at the wheel. DDG celebrations when that pen went in said it all for me it was like his body language said the plan came together.

Ole has won it. No one is going to want to draw us now.

We fear no one.

Glorio
International Player
International Player

Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:33 am

Oh .... And José did rip the soul out of this club. Been sooo long since I felt anything close to this for the players, the staff, and the fans

There is only one GOLDEN BOY

Sigmar
Reserve
Reserve

Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:45 am

Sandies wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:41 am
Sigmar wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:27 pm
raycreative wrote this after the home leg

Our old friend di Maria took the piss out of Young and will do so again in Paris
He joined United after winning the European cup final with Madrid
United told him they were going to build a world class team round him
He thought they meant football team when they meant merchandising team
You saw with him and Mbappe what top class really is
It is not shirt sellers like Lukaku or Sanchez

So if it's the usual story from inside Old trafford that you are peddling ie that all is well and there is limited availabilty for a Bobby Charlton for the next 3 home games then be happy and content and tell the Glazers you are a good bot and have done your job
The real genuine United fans are seriously worried about the following
1 What damage has this done mentally and physically for the upcoming game against a very average Chelsea We beat them
2 What "might" Liverpool do to us Nothing they were toothless
3 How big a dicking are we going to get in Paris We gdave them a dicking with a second string team
4 Who is the new manager going to be Ole Gunnar Solksjaer has to be favourite
5 Who will this club be able to attract player wise who might have ambitions to challenge for top prizes Anyone with the talent and balls to play for us
Never in the field of football forums has one birth canal been so wrong, now fornicate off back to your cave !
Never seen someone let someone live inside their head rent free like this
He doesn't live inside my head rent free, I have a much more beautiful and worthy person to do that.

Karma is a bitch, and when things like this happen it's a real bitch, so I like to remind him of what a birth canal he is, given that he mocks me and my military service.

Life is what you have to put up with when you are not dead

Sigmar
Reserve
Reserve

Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:16 am

A lot of neutrals are saying we were lucky !
You make your own luck, it doesn't just happen, Lukaku's first was because he was pressing the defenders high up, that's not luck, the second was because of a wet pitch and a wet ball, Rashford put a dip on it to make it hard to handle, that's not luck it's skill, and Lukaku was there again pressing the defence, thats not luck. Dalot has a shot heading for goal, a player jumps, looks for the ball and his arm is outside his body line, that is a penalty, the direction of the ball changed, Kembepe knew what he was doing, that's not luck, that's karma

Goku
Reserve
Reserve

Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:06 am

Sigmar wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:16 am
A lot of neutrals are saying we were lucky !
You make your own luck, it doesn't just happen, Lukaku's first was because he was pressing the defenders high up, that's not luck, the second was because of a wet pitch and a wet ball, Rashford put a dip on it to make it hard to handle, that's not luck it's skill, and Lukaku was there again pressing the defence, thats not luck. Dalot has a shot heading for goal, a player jumps, looks for the ball and his arm is outside his body line, that is a penalty, the direction of the ball changed, Kembepe knew what he was doing, that's not luck, that's karma
Ask those neutrals to analyze both game. PSG basically contained us in the first half of the first leg.

Jesse and Anthony's injuries disrupted our style. Kimpappe should have been sent off but Karma caught up with him.

Yes and in the second leg it was basically PSG vs Man Utd reserves. Ole proved he is a Tactical genius.

If we don't take him full time he can manage any top club. Lucky well they jealous.

I know Man Utd is back coz of the comments those idiots are making.

Sigmar
Reserve
Reserve

Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:44 am

This video exemplifies the change in the club over the last two months, it show what Solksjaer and his team have done for the players, backroom staff and all those at the club.
No one in the last eight is going to want to play us now, because the fear factor is back, a 2-0 away league does not beat this team, we can fild our reserve players and still beat the best

HuSsAiN
International Player
International Player

Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:24 am

I don't know where to start..

Firstly, smalling,lindelof,scott and fred were briliiant. They've had their criticism, but they worked hard and didn't do any wrong.

My word Lukaku.. we all criticise him,but that's 6 goals in 3 games.. that's also a goal in a 'big game'

when the penalty was given.. I'm like omg rashford don't hit it over.. first ever penalty for united. WHAT A PENALTY! he had a poor night , but that kick made up for everything :clap: (l)

what a night.. the celebration of pogba,evra, perriera in the stadium..

matic, lingard & martial watching it at home.. their celebration was epic!

get in there!!! bring on arsenal
Last edited by HuSsAiN on Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Watch your thoughts; they become words.
Watch your words; they become actions.
Watch your actions; they become habits.
Watch your habits; they become character.
Watch your character; it becomes your destiny!

HuSsAiN

raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player

Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:25 am

Just got back from Paris
What an amazing night
I decided to go at the last minute without a ticket and i was unable to get one but so what
Those that went into the stadium were all,for once,genuine United fans

I hung around the stadium until the kick off and then headed for the local bar.we were one up by the time i got there
The game was epic and although they were poor by their high standards and the way they played at Old Trafford United's game plan worked to perfection

Some can take the piss out of me because i felt sure we would lose before the game but those that do are also taking the piss out of ole who openly admitted he said to his son "No chance" when the draw was made

IMO our only chance last night was to score early and still be in the game at the end
That happened.Lucky or not that happened and we took full advantage of any luck that was going
From the shit back pass to let in Lukaku early through to the penalty at the end that took steel balls to take everything fell into place

The most inspirational thing i took out of the match was Ole having the courage to take Bailly off when he did.If he left it to half time or later we could have been behind and that would have been the end
I don't even blame Bailly as he gave it a go in a totally alien position

So the only question now is the one going round and round and round
Why are they not giving ole the job?
Or are they, as a Glazer stooge turned up in Paris last night and could surely not have been more impressed by the fans and the performance

I think this club should give Goku a VIP day out

Goku
Reserve
Reserve

Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:47 am

And BTW winning 9 away games on the bounce can't be down to lucky. Fortune favors the brave.

When Jose was in charge I feared commenting and doing previews and reviews. Look at Rom how he places the ball into the net.

Ole was a master at finishing. Jose was a cancer and Ole treated it by putting the DNA right

Sigmar
Reserve
Reserve

Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:04 pm

raycreative wrote:
Just got back from Paris
What an amazing night
I decided to go at the last minute without a ticket and i was unable to get one but so what

I hung around the stadium until the kick off and then headed for the local bar.we were one up by the time i got there
The game was epic and although they were poor by their high standards and the way they played at Old Trafford United's game plan worked to perfection

Some can take the piss out of me because i felt sure we would lose before the game but those that do are also taking the piss out of ole who openly admitted he said to his son "No chance" when the draw was made

IMO our only chance last night was to score early and still be in the game at the end
That happened.Lucky or not that happened and we took full advantage of any luck that was going
From the shit back pass to let in Lukaku early through to the penalty at the end that took steel balls to take everything fell into place

The most inspirational thing i took out of the match was Ole having the courage to take Bailly off when he did.If he left it to half time or later we could have been behind and that would have been the end

Or are they, as a Glazer stooge turned up in Paris last night and could surely not have been more impressed by the fans and the performance

How does the humble pie taste ?

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter

Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:26 pm

It has taken me almost 24 hours to get back to a semblance of normalcy and calmness. Every once in a while, a manager comes up with a game plan that so fits the situation we call it a Master Class. When the players implement that plan, we call it a great performance, and when every member of the travelling squad works their collective ball off to make the plan work, then we call that game a Classic. Put this date on your calendar because it’s one of those game that will be remembered and used as an example of why we love the game of football, personally put this game up there with Turin. I don’t know what the betting odds where on this game but thinking of it logically this should have been a walk in the park for PSG; playing at home, ahead by 2 goals against a team missing 10 starters, PSG had to be thinking - mail this one in and get ready for the next round.

Instead PSG ran into a buzz saw with a plan and that caused them to question their approach to the game and more importantly their belief I themselves. Going into the game we needed to score three goal to come away with the win and the early goal from Lukaku was just what we needed. It rocked them and showed that the slightest mistake on their part would be punished - quickly. It also showed that their right side, with Kerhrer & Alves, would be susceptible to making mistakes. After the openning goal they came at us hard, especially down our right-hand side and in all fairness Young and Bailly looked totally lost and at sea, they just could not work together. It looked like Dalot was already warming up before Bailly went down, either way Dalot’s coming on was just what we needed; it allowed us to change to four at the back which corrected our spacing and Dalot’s forward runs kept Bernat and Kimpenbe at home and took away PSG numerical advantage they had been enjoying.

The second half was a strange situation: although PSG were ahead on aggregate 3 -2, they didn’t appear to know how they wanted to play. Sit back and absorb pressure and see out the game or get another goal and make an already impossible task even more impossible for United. In the end they tried to do both and ended up doing neither and as the second half went on, they looked more and more uncomfortable while United confidence just kept growing. We rode our luck a little in the second half, I don’t expect Mbappe to trip over the ball when he has an open breakaway but being lucky is also part of a great game and usually the Gods of Football favor the brave. What the Gods of Football do not appreciate is being fornicate with, Kimpenbe should have received a second yellow (and a red) in the first game. He would not have scored in the first game and would not have been available for this one, so it was only justice that when Kimpembe sticks his arm out to stop a shot on goal he gets a penalty for doing it. I like to think that somewhere Sir Matt was smiling.

Rashford may be faced with a problem down the road, if his gonads get any bigger, he is going to need a wheelbarrow to carry them in. He will still be scoring goals while wheeling the barrow around the pitch, but it might slow him down a little. Seriously, does (can) anything rattle this young man? Get him and deGea signed to looooooong term contracts and announce it at the same time that Ole is announced at the permanent United manager.

btw: I really aren't that calm.

I can't believe it. I can't believe it. Football. Bloody hell.

raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player

Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:23 pm

Sigmar wrote:
raycreative wrote:
Just got back from Paris
What an amazing night

I am always happy to admit when i wrong and i was wrong with what i expected the score to be last night
I can unashamedly say that 99.999% of United fans including apparently the manager thought we would go out
I know Goku thought we would win but he thinks we will win every game,god bless him

Are you claiming that you seriously believed we would win?
Even your boss Ed Woodward wouldn't have fancied us
He now has a big dilemma hasn't he.
His favourite team Liverpool is in a bit of trouble in the champions league

raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player

Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:25 pm

ArizonaRed wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 4:26 pm
It has taken me almost 24 hours to get back to a semblance of normalcy and calmness. Every once in a while, a manager comes up with a game plan that so fits the situation we call it a Master Class. When the players implement that plan, we call it a great performance, and when every member of the travelling squad works their collective ball off to make the plan work, then we call that game a Classic. Put this date on your calendar because it’s one of those game that will be remembered and used as an example of why we love the game of football, personally put this game up there with Turin. I don’t know what the betting odds where on this game but thinking of it logically this should have been a walk in the park for PSG; playing at home, ahead by 2 goals against a team missing 10 starters, PSG had to be thinking - mail this one in and get ready for the next round.

Instead PSG ran into a buzz saw with a plan and that caused them to question their approach to the game and more importantly their belief I themselves. Going into the game we needed to score three goal to come away with the win and the early goal from Lukaku was just what we needed. It rocked them and showed that the slightest mistake on their part would be punished - quickly. It also showed that their right side, with Kerhrer & Alves, would be susceptible to making mistakes. After the openning goal they came at us hard, especially down our right-hand side and in all fairness Young and Bailly looked totally lost and at sea, they just could not work together. It looked like Dalot was already warming up before Bailly went down, either way Dalot’s coming on was just what we needed; it allowed us to change to four at the back which corrected our spacing and Dalot’s forward runs kept Bernat and Kimpenbe at home and took away PSG numerical advantage they had been enjoying.

The second half was a strange situation: although PSG were ahead on aggregate 3 -2, they didn’t appear to know how they wanted to play. Sit back and absorb pressure and see out the game or get another goal and make an already impossible task even more impossible for United. In the end they tried to do both and ended up doing neither and as the second half went on, they looked more and more uncomfortable while United confidence just kept growing. We rode our luck a little in the second half, I don’t expect Mbappe to trip over the ball when he has an open breakaway but being lucky is also part of a great game and usually the Gods of Football favor the brave. What the Gods of Football do not appreciate is being fornicate with, Kimpenbe should have received a second yellow (and a red) in the first game. He would not have scored in the first game and would not have been available for this one, so it was only justice that when Kimpembe sticks his arm out to stop a shot on goal he gets a penalty for doing it. I like to think that somewhere Sir Matt was smiling.

Rashford may be faced with a problem down the road, if his gonads get any bigger, he is going to need a wheelbarrow to carry them in. He will still be scoring goals while wheeling the barrow around the pitch, but it might slow him down a little. Seriously, does (can) anything rattle this young man? Get him and deGea signed to looooooong term contracts and announce it at the same time that Ole is announced at the permanent United manager.

btw: I really aren't that calm.
I totally agree with everything you say
I wonder why they haven't signed Rashford,DDG and Ole to long term contracts
Genuinly i do

Sigmar
Reserve
Reserve

Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:18 am

raycreative wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:23 pm
Sigmar wrote:
raycreative wrote:
Just got back from Paris
What an amazing night

I am always happy to admit when i wrong and i was wrong with what i expected the score to be last night
I can unashamedly say that 99.999% of United fans including apparently the manager thought we would go out
I know Goku thought we would win but he thinks we will win every game,god bless him

Are you claiming that you seriously believed we would win?
Even your boss Ed Woodward wouldn't have fancied us
He now has a big dilemma hasn't he.
His favourite team Liverpool is in a bit of trouble in the champions league
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=20617&start=50#p670347

I predicted it before Goku

Glorio
International Player
International Player

Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:37 am

Mate, let it go - everyone's happy for this one, no need for another back and forth

Dante
Referee
Referee

Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:56 am

Aye, this was a glorious night for the club. Lets all pull together over that eh?

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter

Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:35 pm

Watched the game again last night this time without the emotional trauma and what stood was; Fred was a true shithouse - I say that i the nicest possible way. I think he left shoe polish on just about every PSG player - good for you Fred.

I can't believe it. I can't believe it. Football. Bloody hell.

Glorio
International Player
International Player

Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:59 pm

ArizonaRed wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:35 pm
Watched the game again last night this time without the emotional trauma and what stood was; Fred was a true shithouse - I say that i the nicest possible way. I think he left shoe polish on just about every PSG player - good for you Fred.
You could also see a marked change in his attitude and approach when we decided to push for the winner. In those few minutes leading up to the pen, he was immense.

RED3bution
Supporter
Supporter

Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:32 pm

I must add that it's probably due to Ray's criticism and Mourinho's brutal honesty that this club has progressed since under Ole....no joke

"You crossed the line first, sir. You squeezed them, you hammered them to the point of desperation. And in their desperation, they turned to a man they didn't fully understand." -The Dark Knight

RED3bution
Supporter
Supporter

Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:33 pm

Glorio wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:33 am
Oh .... And José did rip the soul out of this club. Been sooo long since I felt anything close to this for the players, the staff, and the fans
Huh! That would be true if we were doing any better before him. What he did do was expose our soul imo.

"You crossed the line first, sir. You squeezed them, you hammered them to the point of desperation. And in their desperation, they turned to a man they didn't fully understand." -The Dark Knight

Return to “U-N-I-T-E-D”