Next Match: Image
Watford in the Premier League.
Saturday 30th March 2019, KO 15:00 UTC.
ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter

Saudi Prince steps up £3.8bn Man Utd takeover in bid

Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:59 pm

I really hope this is just another Dracula story that will need a stake through its heart before it is really dead.

The Sun has yet again dusted off this story. No sources are given and the only real difference to the October version is the amount and now the sale in contingent on United getting into the Champions League next season. Working on the premise that repeating a story enough times will make it the truth, The Mail, Fox Sports and a host of other quickly regurgitate the story using The Sun as their source.

While I would be super happy if the Glazers did sell, I do not want Mohammad bin Salman anywhere near the club. However; this is football in the new millennia where money talks and everything else takes a back seat. At the beat of times I am a very cynical person, but really; does anyone think that the Premier League’s Statement of Principles would stop Mohammad bin Salman from buying his way into the league?

Link to original story left out on purpose:

I can't believe it. I can't believe it. Football. Bloody hell.

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Saudi Prince steps up £3.8bn Man Utd takeover in bid

Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:12 pm

Well they let Abramovich and Mansour buy teams, so I am guessing as long as the check clears.

"Make America Great Again!"

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter

Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:17 pm

Relly wrote:
Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:12 pm
Well they let Abramovich and Mansour buy teams, so I am guessing as long as the check clears.
Pretty much sum up my thinking on the matter

Dante
Referee
Referee

Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:12 pm

I think the fit and proper person test is a test of if a person is alive or not.

fornicate the Glazers, but fornicate that birth canal even more.

RedSte
Reserve Team Coach
Reserve Team Coach

Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:41 pm

I agree with Relly :shock:

My old man said be a City fan...

Nothing significant and lasting will ever come of FFP! - RedSte (2012)

Goku
Academy Player
Academy Player

Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:55 pm

I don't know he is a billionaire, linked to the Western World. Some controversy around him. I don't think the glazes are going to give the money we need.

If they get that 4 billion I think they will sell.

RED3bution
Supporter
Supporter

Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:10 am

I hope this is some form of cheap entertainment. Shiek Bin Salman.....Mourinho will go missing if he were to speak ill of Manutd.

"You crossed the line first, sir. You squeezed them, you hammered them to the point of desperation. And in their desperation, they turned to a man they didn't fully understand." -The Dark Knight

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter

Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:22 am

RED3bution wrote:
I hope this is some form of cheap entertainment. Shiek Bin Salman.....Mourinho will go missing if he were to speak ill of Manutd.
I sincerely hope this story is just clickbait, but realistically if we are ever going to get rid of the Glazers then it will have to be an entity like bin Salman who can afford it.

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:25 am

He can chop up the players that refuse to sign for us!

"Beckham... into Sheringham... and Solskjær has won it!"

Sigmar
Reserve
Reserve

Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:04 am

I think he's a great bloke :whistle:

Tiger Squad

Bin Salman has reportedly created the Tiger Squad, a team of assassins that act as a death squad, to target Saudi critics inside and outside Saudi Arabia.

Life is what you have to put up with when you are not dead

raycreative
Reserve
Reserve

Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:35 am

Sigmar wrote:

Tiger Squad

Bin Salman has reportedly created the Tiger Squad, a team of assassins that act as a death squad, to target Saudi critics inside and outside Saudi Arabia.
All totally denied by bin Salman and he would never tell a lie would he?
That said why would the Glazers sell.
There is a lot more than £3 or £4 billion pounds to be milked out of this cash cow in the relatively near future and the club will still have a massive residual value left no matter where we end up
Both Ed Woodward and Richard Arnold keep telling you success is not entirely linked to profit with this club
This rumour came about because Richard Arnold has spent a significant amount of time in Saudi recently
It apparently is all to do with United getting massive commercial deals out of Saudi

So enough about the Glazers
How do you feel about massive sponsorship from the Saudi Royal family who control all the significant business ventures in the kingdom

Sigmar
Reserve
Reserve

Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:09 am

raycreative wrote:
Sigmar wrote:

Tiger Squad

There is a lot more than £3 or £4 billion pounds to be milked out of this cash cow in the relatively near future and the club will still have a massive residual value left no matter where we end up
Both Ed Woodward and Richard Arnold keep telling you success is not entirely linked to profit with this club
This rumour came about because Richard Arnold has spent a significant amount of time in Saudi recently
It apparently is all to do with United getting massive commercial deals out of Saudi

How do you feel about massive sponsorship from the Saudi Royal family who control all the significant business ventures in the kingdom
Note the Whisling emoji ?
Yawns uncontrollably

raycreative
Reserve
Reserve

Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:39 am

Sigmar wrote:
raycreative wrote:
Sigmar wrote:

Tiger Squad

Yawns uncontrollably

My comments were for the whole forum in general nit just you specifically
I have little or minimal time for any Lovely Man

Did you not notice the sarcasm

Shakes head unbelievably

Sigmar
Reserve
Reserve

Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:44 am

raycreative wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:39 am
Sigmar wrote:
raycreative wrote:

Yawns uncontrollably

My comments were for the whole forum in general nit just you specifically
I have little or minimal time for any Lovely Man

Did you not notice the sarcasm

Shakes head unbelievably
Well don't fornicate quote me then you tool :x

Goku
Academy Player
Academy Player

Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:16 pm

RED3bution wrote:
LOL, the Saudi Mafia. I don't know what is fact from fiction with this news.

But yes the glazers are shrewd businessmen. The focus buy the right players to suite the Man Utd style.

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter

Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:17 pm

The Saudi media minister is now saying:
Turki al-Shabanah wrote:"Reports claiming that HRH the Crown Prince Mohammed Bin Salman intends on buying Manchester United are completely false,"

I have to wonder which side (the Glazers or the Saudi's - a tag team right out of Hades) floated this balloon.

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:21 pm

I just read an article saying this isn't happening, it was all discussions about advertising. But the article said as of last summer United is valued at just shy of $5 billion US, (I think it was 3.7 billion pounds). At that value is anyone, ever, going to be able to rescue the club from the glazers?

"Make America Great Again!"

raycreative
Reserve
Reserve

Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:04 pm

Relly wrote:
I just read an article saying this isn't happening, it was all discussions about advertising. But the article said as of last summer United is valued at just shy of $5 billion US, (I think it was 3.7 billion pounds). At that value is anyone, ever, going to be able to rescue the club from the glazers?
The Glazers are doing Ok for this club according to the Lovely Man
They make untold fortunes available to the managers and they keep wasting it :laugh: :laugh:

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter

Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:13 pm

According to the NYSE listing Manchester United PLC - MANU - has ~164.5M shares outstanding, at Fridays closing price of $19.50 that put their Market Capitalization at $3.21B, it pays a 0.92% yield ($0.18 dividend) and the 52-week range is $16.91 (12/10 about when they fired Mourinho) - 27.70 (8/31 about the start of the season) . A 0.92% yield is not investment quality, in fact it is less than most pass book account are generating.

The price performance for the prior 52 weeks is calculated at +0.52% compared to +10.02% for its Industry, the price earnings estimate for this FY is 105.36 compared to the industry of 22.6. The analyst short term sentiment (2 weeks to 6 weeks) for the stock is strong, while the mid-term & long-term sentiments (6 weeks - 2 years) are weak. The bottom line is that this is not a very good investment for the average person, MANU is generally referred to as a vanity stock, and anyone looking to buy United would not be doing so as an investment.

DaveMart
Supporter
Supporter

Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:02 pm

The Saudi's say they ain't buying.
The Glazers say they ain't selling.

End of story.
https://talksport.com/football/495991/m ... ague-club/

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:03 pm

Relly wrote:
As a Trump fan, surely you understand comments like that should be taken with a grain of salt

I can see this one happening

"Beckham... into Sheringham... and Solskjær has won it!"

Return to “U-N-I-T-E-D”