Next Match: Image
Everton in the Premier League.
Sunday 21st April 2019, KO 13:30 BST.
DaveMart
Supporter
Supporter

No new contract for Mata?

Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:26 am

(Report on Herrera contract negotiations, then:)

'His fellow Spaniard Juan Mata does not have the same assurances about his future however.

According to the same report, it is unclear whether or not the 30-year-old will be offered a new deal at the end of the season, having started just four of Solskjaer’s 11 games in charge.'
https://talksport.com/football/489663/m ... -trafford/

I like him, but I am not too broken hearted. Thoughts?

Dante
Referee
Referee

Re: No new contract for Mata?

Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:00 am

I think we should retain him, but if he wants first team football, then I'd reluctantly let him go.

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter

Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:05 pm

If Mata is willing to take the role of a part time squad player on a year by year basis, then I would keep him around. Otherwise I think he should leave and get one last big payday with our thanks.

I can't believe it. I can't believe it. Football. Bloody hell.

DaveMart
Supporter
Supporter

Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:15 pm

On a personal level I reckon Mata is a great guy, who is willing to do whatever for the team, but perhaps MU have decided not to offer him a contract anyway.

I think that all the players are queuing up to play for Ole, who does not regiment them but wants them to figure the game out on the pitch, but perhaps Mata is not enough of one thing or the other, not a talented new player to learn the Manchester United way, of someone who has been here forever and who is dyed red.

There is no way I can see Rashford leaving now that he has been set free, and DDG seems to have let the rain of Manchester seep pretty deep too, so I am optimistic.

raycreative
Reserve
Reserve

Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:13 pm

DaveMart wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:15 pm
On a personal level I reckon Mata is a great guy, who is willing to do whatever for the team, but perhaps MU have decided not to offer him a contract anyway.

I think that all the players are queuing up to play for Ole, who does not regiment them but wants them to figure the game out on the pitch, but perhaps Mata is not enough of one thing or the other, not a talented new player to learn the Manchester United way, of someone who has been here forever and who is dyed red.

There is no way I can see Rashford leaving now that he has been set free, and DDG seems to have let the rain of Manchester seep pretty deep too, so I am optimistic.
The reality is as usual all smoke and rumours

Not an official word from the club on transfers or indeed transfer policy
Whenever he is asked about signings Ole toes the same line
"This is Manchester United and we don't do knee jerk reactions"
"All the transfer targets are sorted out well in advance and are dealt with by people other than me"

That can only mean Ed Woodward
Herrara signing a one year contract and Mata not being offered one is pure speculation
Maybe they will and maybe they won't
As Donald Trump keeps saying" wait and see"
DDG has made it clear he wants to stay and equally clear from his agent that United have made 3 offers so far and all take the piss
However Sigmar told us in an earlier post that DDG has signed so that is good enough for me
Roll on the summer

DaveMart
Supporter
Supporter

Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:32 pm

Hey Ray!

Don't be shy, you are more and more optimistic!
'Ray 'O Sunshine' on the DDG contract! :dance:
We have, by your own admission, offered him at least £5 a week to stay!

That is more than you used to say, as you said we were trying to flog off decent players, and you seem to think with the rest of us that DDG is fairly decent, considering he was only bought to sell tapas from Spain.

Return to “U-N-I-T-E-D”