Next Match: Image
Brighton in the Premier League.
Saturday 19th January 2019, KO 15:00 UTC.
Ole
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain

Pre/Post Match Discussion: Premier League vs Newcastle (a)

Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:38 pm

Image vs. Image

Away to Newcastle United in the Premier League
Wednesday 2nd January 2019, KO 20:00 UTC

Ole
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain

Re: Pre/Post Match Discussion: Premier League vs Newcastle (a)

Sun Dec 30, 2018 9:38 pm

“Ole is at the wheel,
Tell me how, how does it feel,
We’ve got Sánchez, Paul Pogba and Fred,
Marcus Rashford, a Manc born and bred,
Duh du, du du du du du
Duh du, du du du du du
The greatest of English football,
We’ve won it all.”

:dance:

Goku
Academy Player
Academy Player

Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:10 am

Well what can I say 3 games 12 goals, we are now the 4th top scorers in the premier league and the top scorers over the festive period.

Of coz St James Park was where we lost to a single matt Richie goal last season. I expect this game to be fast and furious from our attack and statically speaking our attack is potent.

Now that Ole's attacking football has put the DNA back into our history I fully expect our attack to be free flowing and out scoring anyone on any given day.

DDG
Young Jones. Lindelof Shaw
Herrera. Matic. Pogba
Sanchez. Lakuku. Martial

Player to watch: Paul Pogba

Pridiction : away win. 1-4

Man Utd to continue their free flowing football

Dante
Referee
Referee

Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:50 am

I'd quite like that.

We've actually made ground on everyone but Liverpool, we really need to keep this up in this game, then we have Spurs, which is the first big test.

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter

Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:02 pm

Not sure if we can play the same pressing football with Lukaku and Martial as two of the three forwards. At least from Ole's comments he does not intend to use Lukaku as a holding forward which is a great idea because he doesn't have the skills for that.

I can't believe it. I can't believe it. Football. Bloody hell.

Dante
Referee
Referee

Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:00 pm

Lets fornicate do it!

Dante
Referee
Referee

Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:29 pm

Oh Rash...

Sigmar
Reserve
Reserve

Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:26 pm

Away win and a clean sheet, just like old times, makes you think where we would be if Jose had been elbowed earlier ?

Life is what you have to put up with when you are not dead

ivandaman
International Player
International Player

Thu Jan 03, 2019 7:10 am

Sigmar wrote:
Away win and a clean sheet, just like old times, makes you think where we would be if Jose had been elbowed earlier ?
Better late than ever..

Game was tougher than the scoreline suggest a bit of luck and a moment of brilliance got us the win.

I saw a Canadian pundit who declared that he doesn't believe the OLE-Hype because so far we haven't played anyone "REAL"..

In a way he's right.. Our biggest test will be against spurs, but 4 victories in a row wouldn't have been possible under Jose. That we know for sure.

To Be A Man UNITED Supporter IS NOT A Right! .... It is a Privilege.

raycreative
Academy Player
Academy Player

Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:20 am

Sigmar wrote:
Four wins in a row and very exciting going forward with pace

Makes you wonder where we would have been if Woodward hadn't bought Lukaku and also backed Jose with his "i gave Mr Woodward 5 players for defenders to find and he got me NONE"
The quicker Scouse Ed moves onto finding official condom sponsors and the like and leaves the football to a director of football the better
But that isn't going to happen is it?

Mid February to mid March will tell you all you need to know
PSG twice
City
Liverpool
Arsenal and possible FA Cup games

Get past PSG and win 2 out of 3 against the big games and put an Fa cup run together and then i will blame Jose for the sun not shining in Manchester

You think that's a tall order?
Well that's what we used to expect.And not that long ago!!

Dante
Referee
Referee

Thu Jan 03, 2019 11:26 am

ivandaman wrote:
Sigmar wrote:
Better late than ever..

Game was tougher than the scoreline suggest a bit of luck and a moment of brilliance got us the win.

I saw a Canadian pundit who declared that he doesn't believe the OLE-Hype because so far we haven't played anyone "REAL"..

In a way he's right.. Our biggest test will be against spurs, but 4 victories in a row wouldn't have been possible under Jose. That we know for sure.
You can only beat who is in front of you, and the league is decided over 38 games.

City just lost to Leicester and Palace.

Devil Pikney
Lifetime Supporter
Lifetime Supporter

Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:04 pm

ivandaman wrote:
Sigmar wrote:
Better late than ever..

The Spurs game, win or lose, will definitely give us a better idea of Ole's managerial abilities in terms of setting up the best team and using the right tactics to take on particular opponents.

The last couple of weeks have been enjoyable and were great for both the players and fans and other results have reopened the possibility of a top 4 finish, so fingers crossed that Ole can get this team to respond when the tougher matches come up.

Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;None but ourselves can free our minds.

"Eric Cantona is a great player, but he's not as good as Ryan Giggs" - Johan Cruyff

"Maybe one day people will say I was another Ryan Giggs" - George Best

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter

Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:53 pm

It’s only four games but so far Ole appears to be setting up his core starters; deGea, Lindelof, Shaw, Matic, Herera, Pogba, Rashford; maybe Lindgard and Jones have played in all four of his games so far. It appears to me that Ole is picking players that best suit the style of football that he wants United to play and giving them the freedom to play that way. This approach has gotten us within 3, 6, 9 points of Arsenal, Chelsea and City respectively, with the exact same players that Mourinho had available to him. No one can predict the future and it is very possible that this euphoria ends badly when we go up against some of the “GOOD” teams but for the time being I’ll enjoy the journey and not lament the players we did not sign.

I can't believe it. I can't believe it. Football. Bloody hell.

Sigmar
Reserve
Reserve

Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:17 pm

raycreative wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:20 am
Sigmar wrote:

Makes you wonder where we would have been if Woodward hadn't bought Lukaku and also backed Jose with his "i gave Mr Woodward 5 players for defenders to find and he got me NONE"
Depends on what you believe, anmd whom you believe.

According to some Jose had already lost the board when he submitted the list, and then lost his central defenders when he told the world they were shite and he wanted two more.
Golden rule Jose forgot was 'don't shit on your own doorstep unless you have a shovel' it's no wonder he lost the dressing room player by player, he worked his ticket out of OT and got a good payoff into the bargain.

Dante
Referee
Referee

Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:24 pm

In fairness, they were already being shit, so I dont think it made much difference.

Sigmar
Reserve
Reserve

Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:13 pm

Dante wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 6:24 pm
In fairness, they were already being shit, so I dont think it made much difference.
This much is true, but it is all we had, it wasa bit like chucking away the oars to the lifeboat before the outboard motor was delivered.

I don't give a monkey's what Nev says, you don't work hard for a boss that doesn't appreciate you, you either change jobs or make life shit for him, and when you are on the United gravy train, you make life shit for the manager

Goku
Academy Player
Academy Player

Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:31 am

I'm sure the players are looking at the Spurs test and I fully expect them to face a Man Utd team growing in confidence.

Will we win this on of coz we will. Man for man I think we better. If we keep playing that passing fast and furious game I think we will rake in Spurs.

But I'm looking. Forward to us playing shittu and Liverpool more because it will show how far we have come and that the gap is not as big as everyone makes it out to be.

It was Jose's fall out with the player, his negative tactics and stuff like that.

Return to “U-N-I-T-E-D”