Next Match: Image
Watford in the Premier League.
Saturday 30th March 2019, KO 15:00 UTC.
Ole
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain

Pre/Post Match Discussion: Premier League vs Bournemouth (h)

Wed Dec 26, 2018 4:31 pm

Image vs. Image

Home to Bournemouth in the Premier League
Sunday 30th December 2018, KO 16:30 UTC

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Pre/Post Match Discussion: Premier League vs Bournemouth (h)

Thu Dec 27, 2018 6:19 pm

It's a contagion - we are looking forward to games again.

I can't believe it. I can't believe it. Football. Bloody hell.

Dante
Referee
Referee

Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:36 pm

You have to enjoy it whilst you can.

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter

Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:39 pm

I think Ole is asking his staff and players to play a style football that enhances their natural talents rather than inhabiting them and they believe this style will give them the best chance of winning. We have shown though the first half that we cannot win on a consistent basis playing all out defense so why not open thing up and give offense a try. It may not work against every team in the league, and we may get our heads handed to us so let enjoy the ride as long as it lasts.

Strange situation; I just started watching the LIV vs ARS. Normally I want Arsenal to lose and this week is no exception but this week they are playing Liverpool and I still want Arsenal to lose. The premiership makes for strange bedfellows.

raycreative
Reserve
Reserve

Sat Dec 29, 2018 6:49 pm

unfortunately that is the way this club has allowed it to become

The choice is simple
Do you want Liverpool to "knock us off our perch" or do you want City to dominate the city of Manchester?
Never mind there are plenty of Norwegians who now want a Bobby Charlton for £700 and that is the most important thing

Goku
Academy Player
Academy Player

Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:49 pm

Well I think the first 2 games of the new Era were high intensity. I expect Martial to play and be restored.

Will Lakuku play, I expect the team that played against Cardiff to be on the pitch. We will have a high intensity, high press to pin them back.

DDG
Young. Jones. Lindelof. Shaw
Herrera. Matic. Pogba
Lingaard. Rashford. Martial

Subs, keeper, Mata, sanchez, Lukaku, Bailly, Fellani.

Prediction: Home win 4-0

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter

Sat Dec 29, 2018 11:00 pm

raycreative wrote:

The choice is simple
Do you want Liverpool to "knock us off our perch" or do you want City to dominate the city of Manchester?
Never mind there are plenty of Norwegians who now want a Bobby Charlton for £700 and that is the most important thing
I was hoping that Spurs would give the scousers a run for their money - but more fool me; it's only Spurs lads.

Goku
Academy Player
Academy Player

Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:42 am

raycreative wrote:

The choice is simple
Liverpool are not going to win the title they will blunder, but I'd rather have shitty win it than them. Scoumites.

Goku
Academy Player
Academy Player

Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:58 am

raycreative wrote:

The choice is simple
Liverpool are not going to win the title they will blunder, but I'd rather have shitty win it than them. Scoumites.

raycreative
Reserve
Reserve

Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:14 am

Goku wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 7:58 am
raycreative wrote:

The choice is simple

You are probably correct
Let's face it Liverpool are only 3 games ahead of City with a vastly superior goal difference thus effectively 4 games ahead
They have not lost a game and let in only 8 goals in 20 games since they signed Virgil van Dijk(another shrewd bit of United business for Ed Woodward)
They have beaten Spurs at Wembley,drawn with City and Chelsea and beaten/murdered United and Arsenal
What could have possessed me to think Liverpool would win the league!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Glorio
International Player
International Player

Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:03 pm

ArizonaRed wrote:
I think Ole is asking his staff and players to play a style football that enhances their natural talents rather than inhabiting them and they believe this style will give them the best chance of winning. We have shown though the first half that we cannot win on a consistent basis playing all out defense so why not open thing up and give offense a try. It may not work against every team in the league, and we may get our heads handed to us so let enjoy the ride as long as it lasts.

Strange situation; I just started watching the LIV vs ARS. Normally I want Arsenal to lose and this week is no exception but this week they are playing Liverpool and I still want Arsenal to lose. The premiership makes for strange bedfellows.
You mean like I'm hoping for City to get their act together and win Southampton to keep the pressure on Liverpool? As Ray said, incidentally that's what life is at the minute as a United fan

There is only one GOLDEN BOY

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter

Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:59 pm

Glorio wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:03 pm
ArizonaRed wrote:

You mean like I'm hoping for City to get their act together and win Southampton to keep the pressure on Liverpool? As Ray said, incidentally that's what life is at the minute as a United fan
Going into today's game we are 6 points off of Arsenal, a win today and that's down to 3. That's our lot in life at present.
Last edited by ArizonaRed on Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter

Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:17 pm

deGea
Young Bailly Lindelof Shaw
Matic
Herrera Pogba
Lingard Rashford Martial
Subs: Romero, Pereira, Jones, Mata, Darmian, Lukaku

Glorio
International Player
International Player

Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:22 pm

Still can't keep a clean sheet

There is only one GOLDEN BOY

Dante
Referee
Referee

Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:27 pm

Pogba is a snide little birth canal isn't he? Very obviously just stopped playing.

Defence is still an utter shambles, so at least we know they weren't downing tools, they were just incompetent.

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter

Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:29 pm

Admittedly Bournemouth's defense is a little flaky but this is some nice looking football. I would have liked to have kept a clean sheet, if for no other reason than for deGea, but I am not going to obsess about it.

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter

Sun Dec 30, 2018 5:31 pm

Dante wrote:
Pogba is a snide little birth canal isn't he? Very obviously just stopped playing.

Defence is still an utter shambles, so at least we know they weren't downing tools, they were just incompetent.
I think Pogba was doing what Mourinho asked him to do, he just wasn't very good at it or wasn't doing it very well.

Devil Pikney
Lifetime Supporter
Lifetime Supporter

Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:01 pm

ArizonaRed wrote:
Dante wrote:

I think Pogba was doing what Mourinho asked him to do, he just wasn't very good at it or wasn't doing it very well.
Maybe he was but probably only to the point that suited him.
He sure wasn't getting back to help with the defense the way he is now and he definitely wasn't moving at the speed that he suddenly seems capable of.

Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;None but ourselves can free our minds.

"Eric Cantona is a great player, but he's not as good as Ryan Giggs" - Johan Cruyff

"Maybe one day people will say I was another Ryan Giggs" - George Best

Devil Pikney
Lifetime Supporter
Lifetime Supporter

Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:05 pm

Seems to be the noisiest I've heard Old Trafford in a long time (Y)

Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;None but ourselves can free our minds.

"Eric Cantona is a great player, but he's not as good as Ryan Giggs" - Johan Cruyff

Dante
Referee
Referee

Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:07 pm

Na, he was playing to get the manager sacked. Its no wonder Jose didnt trust him.

Bailly, what the fornicate was that?

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter

Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:08 pm

Bailly has spent too much time training with Rojo.

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter

Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:23 pm

Devil Pikney wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:01 pm
ArizonaRed wrote:
Dante wrote:

Maybe he was but probably only to the point that suited him.
He sure wasn't getting back to help with the defense the way he is now and he definitely wasn't moving at the speed that he suddenly seems capable of.
I think the same could be said about everyone on the squad, none of them where moving with the same speed or intensity as they have for Ole. All credit to Ole for that.

Devil Pikney
Lifetime Supporter
Lifetime Supporter

Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:37 pm

Dante wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 6:07 pm
Na, he was playing to get the manager sacked. Its no wonder Jose didnt trust him.

Bailly, what the fornicate was that?
That was simply vintage Bailly :headbang:

Ole
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain

Sun Dec 30, 2018 8:44 pm

Ground was rocking today. Still quiet in parts but louder nonetheless.

Still flaky defensively and I knew we'd be in trouble at some point when I saw both Bailly and Lindelof together at centre half. Mind you, between Bailly and Jones, it's the lesser of two evils.

When the front three get going, there's not a lot you can do to stop them. Lukaku may have made an instant impact when he came on, but his first contribution was to lose the ball prior to his goal.

Felt sorry for Fellaini who had been waiting a couple of minutes to come on before Bailly got sent off. We'd have got another goal had we kept 11 on the pitch.

Pogba fornicate me off. Been shite all season then when he does put a shift in, he gets all cocky about it.

Return to “U-N-I-T-E-D”