Next Match: Image
Watford in the Premier League.
Saturday 30th March 2019, KO 15:00 UTC.
raycreative
Reserve
Reserve

Re: Mourinho sacked

Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:54 am

"Heaven knows we need an influx of talent and nowhere is that more apparent that at center back. The sad thing is that upgrading our central defenders is so easy and if the long-term manager is given a choice between Phil Jones and a lump of wood - well I know which one I would choose. Barring a miracle this season is shit to shot so a smart organization would is it to their advantage to cull out the deadwood and give some of the youngsters a chance to show that they have what’s needed to step up the big leagues. That’s what a smart organization would do - heaven only know what we will end up doing".

Of course we need central defenders so why did Ed,only last week give Smalling 4 more years?
Alongside Jones or the accident waiting to happen aka Bailly we have a desperate centre half options
With Valencia's legs already gone and Ashley Youngs going we are realistically left with Shaw,Lindelof and the "shot to pieces" after disappearing up his own arsehole" Dalot
One can only assume that the temporary manager won't be allowed to buy, so pick your own starting defense for next season

Mata and Herrara are done in both contract and ability so it looks like Woodward is going to rely on his shirt sellers of Pogba and Sanchez backed up by Fellaini and Sot McTominay with Matic as the holding player.Thin to say the least
Up front you have the lampost with and Lingard and Rashford,if Martial does leave
Let's face it with Jose gone and a temporary manager being heavily restricted as he surely will be the best you are going to get is the shackles off the team to play more attacking football
We are going to beat the Brightons and Fulhams of the league and get mullered by City,Liverpool and Arsenal

Does anybody have any confidence that Woodward running round Europe Xmas Eve with a sack of chocolate money will solve ANY problem?
Who is going to pick a full time manager and when?
Who,of the team that is left,is capable of picking a manger
SAF is neither well enough or concerned enough to get involved.All he wants is his £2m a year fee and let's face it.We have seen what £2m gets you choice wise ie Moyes
Sir Bobby was seen having his ears filled by Woodward in the directors box at Anfield.What was Woodward whispering with his hand over his mouth so he couldn't be lipread?
Was he asking Bobby for help to choose a new manager?
Bobby was seen to nod at something
For those that understand Bobby these days will tell you two things
1 Bobby can't hear anybody sat on his right these days
2 Bobby,with his illness,nods at everything all of the time

A final comment on how excited and/or worried people are getting with Ole or Blanc or uncle Tom Cobley
I fully expect it to be a totally commercial decision.I wouldn't be surprised if they weren't talking to Cantona or Zlatan or similar but the reality is we have had temporary before with Giggs,Scholes and Butt
It doesn't work from a football point of view but might work from the important to the Glazers, commercial angle
As far as i can see the most important person with knowledge left at the club is Carrick and he has nil experience
It's still a total fornicate up for me

raycreative
Reserve
Reserve

Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:42 am

interesting read from Jose's advisor
Obviously bitter but sounds like the truth

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk ... d-15570422

Ole
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain

Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:54 am

Ole wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:54 am
Me.
Called it. :dance:

Dante
Referee
Referee

Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:40 am

Heh.

The real story is Mike Phelan. That's huge.

Ole
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain

Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:37 pm

All the best coaches are bald. Even Poch wears a hat to cover his baldness.

ivandaman
International Player
International Player

Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:55 am

Ole wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:54 am
Ole wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 9:54 am
Me.
Called it. :dance:
:clap: :dance: :laugh:

To Be A Man UNITED Supporter IS NOT A Right! .... It is a Privilege.

raycreative
Reserve
Reserve

Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:30 am

So here we go again

After SAF retired many did not fancy Moyes but most got behind him.When it didn't work out everybody had somebody to blame for his appointment
Then we got LVG and everybody got excited until the football became non exiting.We won things but then LVG got the sack.Suddenly everybody declared they had reservations abut him from the off
We got the serial winner Jose in next and everybody got excited.He played with the squad he had and won things but the football was dire.He got the sack and everybody blamed him for everything and said they had reservations about him from the start
All have one thing in common.Hired by Woodward and the Glazers
All went through the transfer rumour mills of Bale coming,Ronaldo coming etc etc.
Woodward leaving on "urgent transfer business"
All bullshit

Now we have the Cardiff failed manager.
An Old Trafford hero who could possibly do his hero status from Barcelona on this one
Everybody is very excited again but would they be as excited if we had appointed Cardiff's current failing manager,Neil Warnock?
All we have done is got a cheap commercial figure in Ole helped by Mick Phelan(another relative failure carried along at the time by SAF)
Nobody is blaming the Woodward/Glazers for the shit appointments
Now we have Ole on LOAN for a reported peanuts salary and compensation to Molde of less than £2m quid.We have saved that on Jose's salary!!!
Xmas is back and Thomas Cook are now punting the Norwegian ipad branch
All is well
But is it?

Bale rumours coming are staring again
Ole is to be allowed two signings IF HE WANTS TO!!
The next permanent manager is causing lots of dinner table talk
Poccetino who has made Spurs into a hard team to beat,on a shoestring budget
Even though he is always around the top 4 he never challenges for the league and has never won anything
That sounds like a future Glazer manager to me
I feel 100% sure they would have got him had they not had to deal with Daniel Levy and a long term contract

I think Ole has a chance of getting positive results over the Xmas
Most teams pick up with a new manager and the upcoming games are against shit opposition
But the old problems still persist
We still have Smalling and the lampost on long term contracts
Still got Valencia
Martial might still want off
DDG might still want off
and most importantly this is still an average squad a million miles from City even if Ole/a n other got the absolute best out of them

Kinnell
Academy Player
Academy Player

Thu Dec 20, 2018 11:46 am

raycreative wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:25 pm
ArizonaRed wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:08 pm
The major problem I have with a temporary manager (regardless of who they are) is that it gives Woodward a natural excuse about NOT to bring in anyone during the winter window.

I hope Mourinho leaving will break the logjam of contract talks - Martial, deGea
Totally agree

And because it is Woodward,The Glazers and Manchester United you have to take a cynical monetary view

Why do we have to wait until summer?
Who will be daft enough to take a no lose,no win job on a temporary basis?He will presumably get some bullshit about making the job permanent if etc etc etc
We should be using the rest of this season to build for a flying start with a new manager and new players to hit the ground running
You are almost being told this won't happen

How can a temporary manager,assisted by Woodward buy any players in January
Will Martial,DDG,Pogba still insist on a transfer?

Pogba is being reported as dancing round training today and if so he won' be leavibg
Martials agent says he has had 3 derisory offers from Woodward so Jose going changes nothing

Are we to believe that Woodward/The Glazers/United have no immediate plan B for Jose going?
It has been on the cards for 6 months

Is there actually going to be a director of football and if so when and who?
So many questions and so few answersas usual) with this shower of thieves
No i am afraid that Jose going is no more than possibly 20% of the problem solved

On a more positive note the shares rose today
The senior staff Xmas at The Ivy in Manchester saves on a place as Ed Woodward is in the air to (somewhere) from Manchester airport.He was due at the dinner but has now cancelled
Bonjour Mr Larry White

It is still a mess and the evtual new manager still has long term contracts with Smalling and Lukaku to deal with
An almighty mess that shows no signs of ending

For what it is worth has anybody suggested Martinez?
Cheap and available and likes Fellaini
According to Talksport,Ole has been assured that if he does extremely well the position will be made permanent.

Spot on Ray. (Y)

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:25 pm

Relly wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:49 pm
I have mixed feelings on this. I have always really liked Mourinho and I wanted this to work, but it just didn't. It was a combination of the board not supporting him and players not performing, but his performance, in of itself, was not good enough.
Agree with this. Really wanted it to work but it had to end

Pogba can follow him as far as I’m concerned

"Beckham... into Sheringham... and Solskjær has won it!"

RedSte
Reserve Team Coach
Reserve Team Coach

Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:26 pm

What does "do extremely well" mean? Win the league? Win the Champions League?

If he does either of those then yes of course he will get the job. I feel he's just there to boost the fans and players morale, get us playing some attacking football, raise the spirits (and of course put his credentials for next season is a HUGE shop window)

My old man said be a City fan...

Nothing significant and lasting will ever come of FFP! - RedSte (2012)

raycreative
Reserve
Reserve

Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:07 am

RedSte wrote:

If he does either of those then yes of course he will get the job. I feel he's just there to boost the fans and players morale, get us playing some attacking football, raise the spirits (and of course put his credentials for next season is a HUGE shop window)
It is the usual vague United plan for the future
It "feels"to me like it is a commercial Glazer option

Why do we have to wait 6 months to appoint a permanent manager
If you found the man you wanted in 3 months,which is plenty long enough,then you could have in in place in March
Gives him 2 months and a dozen games to see what he has and therefore what he needs
Starts to get the team playing the way he wants and starts working on HIS,not Ed's transfer targets
Get somebody who knows the game in as director of football to help that manager
It is an easy fix.It is a plan
It might not work but it is a football plan is it not

What we now have is a cheap manager on a typical Glazer,smoke and mirrors,"wait and see" plan
And at only £1.8m to Molde plus Ole's wages of sod all, the cost of getting Ole must put a smile on Glazer/Woodward faces
I spoke to somebody yesterday, who was in charge of looking after Ole's family needs when he was a player for United
They are being inundated for hotels and match tickets from Norway

All is well in Glazerland with Glazernomics

Dante
Referee
Referee

Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:35 am

RedSte wrote:

He's definitely not willing the League, but if he wins the Champions League, then you surely have to keep him on. If he turns it around to finish 3rd or 4th, perhaps that would convince them too.

Although surely by the time you're in the Champions League final, another manager has been found?

Kinnell
Academy Player
Academy Player

Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:32 am

RedSte wrote:

No,that would be doing "miraculously" well.

I imagine it to mean playing open,attractive football in the United way and finishing in the top four.

Ole
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain

Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:32 pm

Just watched his news conference and fornicate me, am I excited about tomorrow's game.

Goku
Academy Player
Academy Player

Fri Dec 21, 2018 8:03 pm

Best news ever he removed our DNA. It's was frustrating to watch my beloved Man Utd playing anti football. Now I will be here for good. If I was here I would have made comments about Mou and some might not have liked it

Devil Pikney
Lifetime Supporter
Lifetime Supporter

Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:24 pm

Welcome back Goku (Y)

Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;None but ourselves can free our minds.

"Eric Cantona is a great player, but he's not as good as Ryan Giggs" - Johan Cruyff

"Maybe one day people will say I was another Ryan Giggs" - George Best

Goku
Academy Player
Academy Player

Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:49 am

Sigmar wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:12 pm
ArizonaRed wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:49 pm
Long term; should we be looking for a Manager or a Coach and a Football Director?
Woodward needs to go back to counting beans.

As has already been said, the change needs to start at the top, and those changes need to take place before a new manager is appointed, we need football people who undersand the game and are capable of appointing a man who can take the club forward.
I Agree with you there. I really do think we got exceptional attacking players. We more than a match and frankly Ole know the DNA along with Mike. Pass and play that's always been the United way.

raycreative
Reserve
Reserve

Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:22 am

Has anybody who supports Manchester Un ited,the football club got the slightest idea what the short term or long term plan is?

I just hope these greedy bastard owners don't throw Ole to the wolves
He is a really nice human being with this club at his heart
He seems genuinely excited by the thought of managing this club but his main allies seem to be a recuperating Alex Ferguson plus a patched up Mick Phelan and an inexperienced Michael Carrick

Very few of you will thankfully remember the scenario when the club tried to recover after Munich but there is an air of similarity to me
A few old boys such as Jack Crompton came back to build up the backroom staff and the team was carried along on a wave of emotion for the rest of that season
After that they slipped for the next 4 or 5 years and struggled to find their identity whilst still playing in front of good crowds

I have again yet to hear anybody above the manager speak to confirm support or explain a plan and as such i feel it might be Moyes,LVG,Jose revisited

RedSte
Reserve Team Coach
Reserve Team Coach

Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:31 pm

Just on a technicality Ray, we actually finished 2nd in 58/59. It was the season Denis Viollet scored 31 league goals. But I take your general point

My old man said be a City fan...

Nothing significant and lasting will ever come of FFP! - RedSte (2012)

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:15 pm

Sandies wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:25 pm
Relly wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:49 pm
I have mixed feelings on this. I have always really liked Mourinho and I wanted this to work, but it just didn't. It was a combination of the board not supporting him and players not performing, but his performance, in of itself, was not good enough.
Agree with this. Really wanted it to work but it had to end

Pogba can follow him as far as I’m concerned
I agree with that too, especially after hearing about Pogba's reaction to Jose leaving.

"Make America Great Again!"

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter

Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:57 pm

I have worked for many bosses that I was exuberant to see go down the road. For a couple of them the team as a group took their name tag for a farewell lunch.

I can't believe it. I can't believe it. Football. Bloody hell.

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:37 pm

ArizonaRed wrote:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 4:57 pm
I have worked for many bosses that I was exuberant to see go down the road. For a couple of them the team as a group took their name tag for a farewell lunch.
That second part is funny, but was your work performance noticeably bad in the time period leading up to those bosses leaving? To me it just shows that Pogba probably purposefully wasn't playing well because he wanted this outcome.

"Make America Great Again!"

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter

Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:44 pm

In most cases my work ethic required that I did exactly what I was told to do; no more, no less.

raycreative
Reserve
Reserve

Sun Dec 23, 2018 5:40 pm

ArizonaRed wrote:
Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:44 pm
In most cases my work ethic required that I did exactly what I was told to do; no more, no less.
Superb article in todays Sunday Mail

Analyses it perfectly
It says Jose had lost the plot after just over 2 years and needed to go, but Woodward is incapable of any correct football decision and is making a prick of himself and more importantly Manchester United
He is clear that it is only the Glazers greed that is and will continue to keep him in place at the continued failure in the long term of the club
It is suggested he should resign and go and find a new lubricant sponsor and appoint a football man for the football job

Fat chance
As long as Ole is selling tickets to the Norwegian ipad branch all is well in Glazernomics

a good read imo
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... -what.html

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter

Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:25 pm

I am getting tired of reading how the player let Mourinho down, the evidence used is how good the player looked against Cardiff and how piss poor they were for Mourinho. I don’t think the players ever gave up on United, rather I think that it was more a matter of how they were being asked to play and that their skills were not suited to what they were being asked to do. It appeared to me that Mourinho’s strategy was always to make sure that a position was covered defensively before thinking about venturing forward. When we did eventually move the forward, it was done in a slow and methodical manor with an attitude of “don’t screw thing up” rather than; “shoot the ball, you cannot score if you don’t shoot”.

The difference in strategy’s between Mourinho and Ole could not be any more different; against Cardiff we were looking forward on every possession, when players had space in front of them, they immediately ran into it, they took chances both defense and offense and they played as a team. For me personally the most pitiful thing to watch this season is that we have played like 11 individuals hoping for a single spectacular play to pull out the points. If Mourinho had been in charge against Cardiff, we are ahead 0-2 with about 10 minutes left in the half and they scored to make it 1-2, is there any doubt that would have gone into “total defense” mode for at least the remainder of the half (game)? Instead we attacked and played some of the best football we have seen from United in the last half-a-dozen years, one or two touch passing, always looking to break open the defense and getting multiple players into scoring positions. I know it was only Cardiff; but if you cannot celebrate a 1-5 win on the road then I am not sure why you are watching any sport.

I wanted Mourinho to be successful at United, my hope was that this was the club that would change the way he looked at a game and with his game management, wealth of players and ability to take advantage of opposition weaknesses it would be a match made in heaven. Unfortunately; it has appeared to me that Mourinho’s substitutions and team selections (at least for this season) have had as much to do with sending Woodward and the Board a message then trying to win games.

I thank Mourinho for his time here, sorry it did not work out and all the best down the road.

Return to “U-N-I-T-E-D”