Next Match: Image
Brighton in the Premier League.
Saturday 19th January 2019, KO 15:00 UTC.
Dante
Referee
Referee

Re: Mourinho sacked

Tue Dec 25, 2018 11:54 am

I wouldn't agree with that. Mourinho definitely shoulders some of the blame, but the amount of times players just did basic things wrong puts blame on them too.

I definitely agree about him sending messages to the board, but if they had have backed him after giving him a new contract, he wouldn't have felt the need to do that.

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter

Tue Dec 25, 2018 3:37 pm

Dante wrote: ā†‘
Tue Dec 25, 2018 11:54 am
I wouldn't agree with that. Mourinho definitely shoulders some of the blame, but the amount of times players just did basic things wrong puts blame on them too.

I definitely agree about him sending messages to the board, but if they had have backed him after giving him a new contract, he wouldn't have felt the need to do that.
That was probably the most confusing item in the entire saga; why extend a manager's contract and then not get them the players he wants.

I can't believe it. I can't believe it. Football. Bloody hell.

raycreative
Academy Player
Academy Player

Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:58 am

Tampa Bay Buccs season ended yesterday in the usual manner.
They finished bottom which makes it now 7 out of the last 8 seasons this has happened.
Of course it is all the managers fault so he got sacked as usual
After all the Glazers made hundreds of millions available for him.LMAO
Now the Tampa Bay newspapers are discussing who the Tampa Bay Buccs are going to pick in next years draft as they have(again) several top picks available to them
Haven't they realised yet that the leeches sell these picks for dividend money and just pick up players nobody else wants for chea
That's Glazernomics

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter

Mon Dec 31, 2018 3:09 pm

raycreative wrote: ā†‘
Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:58 am
Tampa Bay Buccs season ended yesterday in the usual manner.
They finished bottom which makes it now 7 out of the last 8 seasons this has happened.
Of course it is all the managers fault so he got sacked as usual
After all the Glazers made hundreds of millions available for him.LMAO
Now the Tampa Bay newspapers are discussing who the Tampa Bay Buccs are going to pick in next years draft as they have(again) several top picks available to them
Haven't they realised yet that the leeches sell these picks for dividend money and just pick up players nobody else wants for chea
That's Glazernomics
Is this your opinion or do you have actual data to back it up?

raycreative
Academy Player
Academy Player

Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:11 pm

all the stats are available
It's been a long time for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers to be at the bottom of the league
Not sure which shit facts you are asking about as there are so many over so many years
Maybe start with this from today
https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/us- ... 04956.html

That tells you a very interesting fact that the Glazers have failed to reach the play offs for the ELEVENTH straight season
Now living in the states you are aware of how that reflects on high choice draft picks
So why don't you check back over any/all those ELEVEN years and see what the Tampa Bay Buccaneers/Glazers actually did with those choices
It is easy to find out who they sold them to and confirm they ended up with mostly free agents and just plain shit players
As you will also know there is no relegation so win,lose or draw doesn't affect the bottom line that much as most of the high revenues are shared equally by ALL clubs no matter how successful or shit you are

This season the Glazers have fired two coaches as he "doesn't know what he is doing" if you include Jose
Now it is possible that the Glazers know exactly what they are doing on the sports fields of the world and everybody else is shit at coaching

That said since the Glazers too over Tampa Bay the organisation that was in place lasted for about 4 or 5 seasons until it collapsed never to recover but still continued to make a commercial fortune
Now where have i heard that scenario before??
Let me think!! :laugh: :laugh:

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter

Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:57 pm

There are 32 teams in the NFL, all teams are limited by contract to how much they can spent on player salaries - maximum $192,395,668.
Tampa's payroll: $189,905,813. Their payroll is 5th highest in the NFL

Total transfer spend - $336,205,448. Their spending is the 8th highest in the NFL

These figures are for the just finished 2018 season, I'll let you spend the time to validate your opinion by looking up the other 10 years. While your assertion that Tampa is a piss poor team is correct, it is not from a lack of spending - kinda like United. Just a side note; the Tampa Bucs have been shit ever since they came into the league, some clubs just have a history of being shit.

Return to ā€œU-N-I-T-E-Dā€