Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:02 am

Only 2 options.

Arsene Wenger or David Moyes.

Glorio
International Player
International Player

Re: Mourinho sacked

Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:33 am

They'd better sort out that board and let football people make the footballing decisions. The fall from grace has been sharp

There is only one GOLDEN BOY

Ole
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain

Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:34 am

Wenger won't come. We'll do it on the cheap and give it to Carrick.

Udit Misra
Academy Player
Academy Player

Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:57 am

Apparently it's specifically not Carrick or Nicky though.

Sigmar
Reserve
Reserve

Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:05 am

Sky are saying Carrick is interim for 48 hrs, then they will appoint an external temp manager until the end of the season.

What good will that do ?

Life is what you have to put up with when you are not dead

Devil Pikney
Lifetime Supporter
Lifetime Supporter

Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:24 pm

Sigmar wrote:
Sky are saying Carrick is interim for 48 hrs, then they will appoint an external temp manager until the end of the season.

What good will that do ?
Unless we get very lucky, probably no good at all.
Going to be a rocky ride for the rest of the season no matter who they bring in but I guess we just have to hope that come the summer they'll manage to get it right this time and appoint the proper manager.

Pity though that Pogba and Woodward weren't sent to keep Mourinho company.

Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;None but ourselves can free our minds.

"Eric Cantona is a great player, but he's not as good as Ryan Giggs" - Johan Cruyff

"Maybe one day people will say I was another Ryan Giggs" - George Best

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter

Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:49 pm

Long term; should we be looking for a Manager or a Coach and a Football Director?

I can't believe it. I can't believe it. Football. Bloody hell.

Sigmar
Reserve
Reserve

Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:12 pm

ArizonaRed wrote:
Long term; should we be looking for a Manager or a Coach and a Football Director?
Woodward needs to go back to counting beans.

As has already been said, the change needs to start at the top, and those changes need to take place before a new manager is appointed, we need football people who undersand the game and are capable of appointing a man who can take the club forward.

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter

Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:48 pm

Sigmar wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:12 pm
ArizonaRed wrote:
Woodward needs to go back to counting beans.

As has already been said, the change needs to start at the top, and those changes need to take place before a new manager is appointed, we need football people who undersand the game and are capable of appointing a man who can take the club forward.
By all means let Woodward sell sponsorships; because he does it well and every club needs that. Those sponsorship are what provide the capital to run the club but we also need smart about how the money is spent and that's where footballing smart come in. There needs to be a long term view and direction for the club that is not dependent on the "style" or "philosophy" of the new manager.

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:49 pm

I have mixed feelings on this. I have always really liked Mourinho and I wanted this to work, but it just didn't. It was a combination of the board not supporting him and players not performing, but his performance, in of itself, was not good enough.

"Make America Great Again!"

RED3bution
Supporter
Supporter

Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:14 pm

Relly wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:49 pm
I have mixed feelings on this. I have always really liked Mourinho and I wanted this to work, but it just didn't. It was a combination of the board not supporting him and players not performing, but his performance, in of itself, was not good enough.
It will now be added to the third season syndrome. It feels like a set-up. Manager is hired for his "winningness", gets trophies in his first and second season. Improves on league standing on each successive season, then asks for signings to make a charge at the improving league, denied signings with the reasoning that the current players are no more worse than transfer targets and then this and that and well it writes itself. They should pay him and let him go find his next career move, this will be a difficult one to come back from even as the special one, formerly known as.

Even more difficult would be our next move. The players adn not just Pogba will have to say what their beef really is now and they should air their grievances and let's see if they've been yoked all this while. I hope we see such an improvement, of course with results, because at this stage it would be silly to think only of performances. Next....

"You crossed the line first, sir. You squeezed them, you hammered them to the point of desperation. And in their desperation, they turned to a man they didn't fully understand." -The Dark Knight

Leftbank
Assistant Referee
Assistant Referee

Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:32 pm

Blanc in the interim, Pochettino the long term target

LEFTBANK Scourge of the Scousers
Rumpole of the Lounge

Dante
Referee
Referee

Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:38 pm

Sigmar wrote:

What good will that do ?
Nothing probably. What a shitshow.

As part of this, Woodward should be relieved of all football related duties, and be packed off to find new noodle sponsorships.

Sigmar
Reserve
Reserve

Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:19 pm

BBC news are saying OGS is the favoured choice until the end of the season

RedSte
Reserve Team Coach
Reserve Team Coach

Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:38 pm

Tbh I'd prefer him to replace Lukaku than Mourinho :P

My old man said be a City fan...

Nothing significant and lasting will ever come of FFP! - RedSte (2012)

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter

Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:08 pm

The major problem I have with a temporary manager (regardless of who they are) is that it gives Woodward a natural excuse about NOT to bring in anyone during the winter window.

I hope Mourinho leaving will break the logjam of contract talks - Martial, deGea

raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player

Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:25 pm

ArizonaRed wrote:
The major problem I have with a temporary manager (regardless of who they are) is that it gives Woodward a natural excuse about NOT to bring in anyone during the winter window.

I hope Mourinho leaving will break the logjam of contract talks - Martial, deGea
Totally agree

And because it is Woodward,The Glazers and Manchester United you have to take a cynical monetary view

Why do we have to wait until summer?
Who will be daft enough to take a no lose,no win job on a temporary basis?He will presumably get some bullshit about making the job permanent if etc etc etc
We should be using the rest of this season to build for a flying start with a new manager and new players to hit the ground running
You are almost being told this won't happen

How can a temporary manager,assisted by Woodward buy any players in January
Will Martial,DDG,Pogba still insist on a transfer?

Pogba is being reported as dancing round training today and if so he won' be leavibg
Martials agent says he has had 3 derisory offers from Woodward so Jose going changes nothing

Are we to believe that Woodward/The Glazers/United have no immediate plan B for Jose going?
It has been on the cards for 6 months

Is there actually going to be a director of football and if so when and who?
So many questions and so few answersas usual) with this shower of thieves
No i am afraid that Jose going is no more than possibly 20% of the problem solved

On a more positive note the shares rose today
The senior staff Xmas at The Ivy in Manchester saves on a place as Ed Woodward is in the air to (somewhere) from Manchester airport.He was due at the dinner but has now cancelled
Bonjour Mr Larry White

It is still a mess and the evtual new manager still has long term contracts with Smalling and Lukaku to deal with
An almighty mess that shows no signs of ending

For what it is worth has anybody suggested Martinez?
Cheap and available and likes Fellaini

Sigmar
Reserve
Reserve

Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:11 pm

raycreative wrote:
Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:25 pm
ArizonaRed wrote:

Why do we have to wait until summer?
Who will be daft enough to take a no lose,no win job on a temporary basis?He will presumably get some bullshit about making the job permanent if etc etc etc
We should be using the rest of this season to build for a flying start with a new manager and new players to hit the ground running
You are almost being told this won't happen
For once I have to agree with you.

Blanc is free and woould I think come, he could be a steadying influence with the likes of Martial and Pogba, he is respected both as a player and a manager.

Ole
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain

Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:04 pm

The club website posted a video of Solksjaer and referred to him as 'our interim manager' before deleting it.

Ole
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain

Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:09 pm

Mike Phelan as number two. :o

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter

Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:39 pm

While I am very pleased to see Ole coming home there is a part of me worries that this is another poisoned chalice and after Cardiff that would be a real shame. I also hope Ole isn’t being strung along with the idea that the job is possibly his if he does a good job; Woodward is going to want a “BIG” name manager to keep the shareholders quite while we get ready to play on Thursday nights.

Heaven knows we need an influx of talent and nowhere is that more apparent that at center back. The sad thing is that upgrading our central defenders is so easy and if the long-term manager is given a choice between Phil Jones and a lump of wood - well I know which one I would choose. Barring a miracle this season is shit to shot so a smart organization would is it to their advantage to cull out the deadwood and give some of the youngsters a chance to show that they have what’s needed to step up the big leagues. That’s what a smart organization would do - heaven only know what we will end up doing.

As far as the stock price goes; it was up $1 at the close of market today ($18.30), however on August 30 the stock reached a 52 high of $27.70 so I don’t think Ed was dancing too much.

Good Luck to Ole.

Devil Pikney
Lifetime Supporter
Lifetime Supporter

Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:54 am

I wish Ole well but am worried as to whether or not he has enough experience to deal with clowns like Woodward and Pogba.
Things at the club are bad and could easily get worse before the end of the season and I'd hate to see one of our Legends being made a scapegoat for any of it.

Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;None but ourselves can free our minds.

"Eric Cantona is a great player, but he's not as good as Ryan Giggs" - Johan Cruyff

"Maybe one day people will say I was another Ryan Giggs" - George Best

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter

Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:31 am

I cannot see any United fans blaming Ole, but the media is a different kettle of fish .

Return to “U-N-I-T-E-D”