Next Match: Image
Brighton in the Premier League.
Saturday 19th January 2019, KO 15:00 UTC.
raycreative
Academy Player
Academy Player

almost transfer time.Any interest?

Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:57 am

Just a couple of weeks off a new transfer window
The team is a total shambles
The management is a total shambles
Despite some bullshit suggestions the ownership is a total shambles
This is significantly worse than the 1970's when the team was relegated.At least they had to plan to put in place to start the turn round on the field
This lots plan seems to be to sell the last of the family silver in Martial,Rashford,Pogba and DDG and almost certainly to pocket a signficant part of what they get in

Any thoughts?

Ole
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain

Re: almost transfer time.Any interest?

Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:14 pm

Inter want Mourinho apparently!

Goku
Academy Player
Academy Player

Mon Dec 24, 2018 8:07 pm

"A Man Utd team shouldn't be outworked no matter who they play. " Ole Solsjare. Maybe Italian football will. Suite Moirinho

raycreative
Academy Player
Academy Player

Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:54 am

bump!!

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

Mon Dec 31, 2018 7:17 pm

No way they’ll give Ole money. Perfect excuse

"Beckham... into Sheringham... and Solskjær has won it!"

raycreative
Academy Player
Academy Player

Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:59 pm

I can't tell you why as there is no evidence but i think they might buy a cheap centre half
Obviously will be talked up as the worlds best
You might also see Bailly being sold
Something is getting inside his head clearly

Also of vital importance for me is to get DDG and Martial,especially DDG locked up on new contracts
Woodward should stop pissing around.
I have heard from several sources that DDG is more than happy to sign if the money was right
Just fornicating make it right,Scouse Ed
You'll not find better and more consistent anywhere else

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter

Tue Jan 01, 2019 1:12 am

This doesn't happen too often but I agree 100% with Ray on this one. I think Bailly has to go, he has more dumb plays in his that Jones and is almost as injury prone.

Get deGea's name on a contract for the next 10 years. If that requires he becomes the highest paid goalkeeper in the world then it would still be bargain. As for a center back; we need a world class game changer type, not another mediocre player with upside potential. If a world class player cannot be found, not the easiest thing in the winter window, then keep what we have and really give some of the youngsters a chance to show if they have what it takes. And get the scouting department working overtime on a player that CAN be signed.

I can't believe it. I can't believe it. Football. Bloody hell.

Dante
Referee
Referee

Tue Jan 01, 2019 9:34 am

Bailly is another one who showed flashes brilliance at the start, and then just seems to have got worse. He's 24 and in his third season, the stupid things should be happening less, not more.

raycreative
Academy Player
Academy Player

Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:17 am

And now we have it from the horses mouth
Ole just had his press conference and from his comments he is as much in the dark as we and everybody else is

He was first asked about whether he wanted/expected the managers job full time
In all honesty he answered that he "knew what his job was".He had been asked to step in and take over.He had been told that there was a process going to take place to find a new manager and when that was over,whether it was him or somebody else that was appointed he would make his decisions.
Clearly Scouse Ed is not being transparent with Ole either about what is developing and why

Ole was then asked if he had been given any money for the current transfer market
His answer was,to me,very revealing
He said "a club like this does not plan for a transfer today for tomorrow.
The decisions and targets for January would have been made last August and may be even earlier"
If i am asked my opinion on a player i will give it

Translated that means we now know why Jose wanted off and Ole is having no input whatsoever is transfer dealings so at best a sponsor friendly shirt seller might be sought but probably not
Also would it be fair to now say my question asked many times of "Who buys these players like Fred and Bailly" have been answered
Scouse Ed!!!

Sigmar
Reserve
Reserve

Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:15 pm

raycreative wrote:
Ole just had his press conference and from his comments he is as much in the dark as we and everybody else is

In all honesty he answered that he "knew what his job was".He had been asked to step in and take over.He had been told that there was a process going to take place to find a new manager and when that was over,whether it was him or somebody else that was appointed he would make his decisions.
Clearly Scouse Ed is not being transparent with Ole either about what is developing and why

Ole was then asked if he had been given any money for the current transfer market
The decisions and targets for January would have been made last August and may be even earlier"

Translated that means we now know why Jose wanted off and Ole is having no input whatsoever is transfer dealings so at best a sponsor friendly shirt seller might be sought but probably not
Also would it be fair to now say my question asked many times of "Who buys these players like Fred and Bailly" have been answered
Scouse Ed!!!
Thats not quite how it went though is, you've done a fair amount of paraphrasing and putting words in his mouth there, and omitted a fair amount from what he actually said about the job, the transfers and his relationship with Woodward.

Your 'report' comes across like something from a SUN reporter.

Life is what you have to put up with when you are not dead

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter

Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:01 pm

Sigmar wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:15 pm
raycreative wrote:

Scouse Ed!!!
Thats not quite how it went though is, you've done a fair amount of paraphrasing and putting words in his mouth there, and omitted a fair amount from what he actually said about the job, the transfers and his relationship with Woodward.

Your 'report' comes across like something from a SUN reporter.

https://youtu.be/wq_BJsRdwOA
… or a Trump interview.

Your rationale that Woodward was responsible for purchasing Bailly and Fred doesn’t make too much sense. Neither player is the classic “shirt seller” player and I cannot imagine that Woodward had a clue who either were until he was asked to write a check for.

raycreative
Academy Player
Academy Player

Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:41 pm

well something smells fishy in both deals

Who actually wanted Bailly and Fred other than United and do you really believe we therefore paid £32m for an unknown Bailly and £53m for Fred who was valued at £28m on marketvalue.co
I am aware that this site is just an opinion but when has the Glazers paid/ double?

Something smells wrong to me

Sigmar
Reserve
Reserve

Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:49 pm

raycreative wrote:

Who actually wanted Bailly and Fred other than United and do you really believe we therefore paid £32m for an unknown Bailly and £53m for Fred who was valued at £28m on marketvalue.co
I am aware that this site is just an opinion but when has the Glazers paid/ double?

Well in Fergies day it was well known that when United came calling the price went up, thats why they took to doing deals incognito until a price had been agreed or heard.
If Ed is going in all guns blazing then it's no wonder we are paying over the top for players.

As for Bailly and Fred it is well known that Jose can take decent players and coach all the talent out of them.

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter

Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:51 am

Sigmar wrote:
raycreative wrote:

Well in Fergies day it was well known that when United came calling the price went up, thats why they took to doing deals incognito until a price had been agreed or heard.
If Ed is going in all guns blazing then it's no wonder we are paying over the top for players.

As for Bailly and Fred it is well known that Jose can take decent players and coach all the talent out of them.
The last couple of television contracts has caused a quantum jump in player salaries and transfer fees, not just for United but across the entire league. United has had a history of paying well over the going rate for players but since Sir Alex and Gill left the situation has reached a totally new level of stupidity. It’s just my opinion but I believe that Woodward is far more concerned with getting media headlines associating United with players than actually signing them. When we do sign a player, I am left shaking my head; how in the world is Lukaku worth £70M+ or Fred £53M and Sanchez is just mind blowing £25M plus MickyT and a £350K a week salary. I don’t think that Woodward isn’t willing to shell out the cash for players, I just think his is pathetic at evaluating football talent.

Kinnell
Academy Player
Academy Player

Sun Jan 06, 2019 3:36 pm

Why no interest in a cut price Fabregas or Aaron Ramsay from the club,I wonder.

There's talk of no signings but with our defence not a chance of top four.

Looks like nothing has changed the mindset of the club to me. :(

raycreative
Academy Player
Academy Player

Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:33 pm

Sigmar wrote:
raycreative wrote:

So if i am understanding you correctly, Bailly and Fred being average to put it kindly or shit if you were being honest is all Jose's fault
And United not buying a centre half is because the price will always be,in your opinion, a lot more is for no other reason than it's United
You seem to suggest it is not Ed's fault then

I think you are stuck in the 1980's/1990's when the prices did go up because when the top club in the world came in you could use that mentality
Now be under no illusion that will happen if a top club like City,Liverpool,Barca,Real Madrid or PSG come in for a player
United are no longer a top club.In fact we are not a top 4 club are we??
Nobody who is a good player will come
That is the main reason that Fabregas and Ramsay would just not consider joining this club

As Arizona says the numbers being quoted(without evidence) of what we alledgedly [aid for Lukaku,Fred and Bailly are beyond belief
So much so that i DON'T believe them
All smoke and mirrors for me to justify they are spending billions backing managers when simply put they are not

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter

Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:07 pm

raycreative wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:33 pm
Sigmar wrote:
raycreative wrote:

So if i am understanding you correctly, Bailly and Fred being average to put it kindly or shit if you were being honest is all Jose's fault
And United not buying a centre half is because the price will always be,in your opinion, a lot more is for no other reason than it's United
You seem to suggest it is not Ed's fault then

I think you are stuck in the 1980's/1990's when the prices did go up because when the top club in the world came in you could use that mentality
Now be under no illusion that will happen if a top club like City,Liverpool,Barca,Real Madrid or PSG come in for a player
United are no longer a top club.In fact we are not a top 4 club are we??
Nobody who is a good player will come
That is the main reason that Fabregas and Ramsay would just not consider joining this club

As Arizona says the numbers being quoted(without evidence) of what we alledgedly [aid for Lukaku,Fred and Bailly are beyond belief
So much so that i DON'T believe them
All smoke and mirrors for me to justify they are spending billions backing managers when simply put they are not
Ray; your hatred against the Glazers is warping your thinking. The price paid for Lukaku, Fred, Martial et al has been reported by United to the NYSE and shareholders via annual and quarterly reports. The Glazers are ultimately responsible for these reports, they are independently audited before they are published and providing false information about a NYSE listed company by an officer of the board is a federal crime and is punishable by fines and/or jail time. Your contention that there is no evidence that United paid these amounts doesn’t hold water.

Just because you DON'T want to believe something doesn’t make the facts any less real.

Sigmar
Reserve
Reserve

Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:55 pm

ArizonaRed wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:07 pm
Ray; your hatred against the Glazers is warping your thinking. The price paid for Lukaku, Fred, Martial et al has been reported by United to the NYSE and shareholders via annual and quarterly reports. The Glazers are ultimately responsible for these reports, they are independently audited before they are published and providing false information about a NYSE listed company by an officer of the board is a federal crime and is punishable by fines and/or jail time. Your contention that there is no evidence that United paid these amounts doesn’t hold water.

Just because you DON'T want to believe something doesn’t make the facts any less real.
Wheres a ike button when you need it.

The fact is, irrespective of league position or performance, United are still a top club in the world financially.
This means that when they come calling a slightly less that average player ( like Fred) who would cost Villa £13m costs United a massive amount more.
Also Ed has the football brain of Nun, so he has to take advice from people who ( aledgedly) do have a football brain ( Scouts) regarding players, they say buy, but it's up to Ed to decide how much.

Now call me an ols cycnic, but it would appear that no-one is saying to Ed " Buy ..but don't pay more than £XXm, that is what the problem is.

HuSsAiN
International Player
International Player

Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:36 am

Dembele 9M to China
Ramsey 35m Juve
Fabregas??

no value in market i guess.

I wuold have taken any of these 3 midfielders who are proven in the premier league as we surely do lack quality in midfield.

Centre-back is also a priority, and a right winger..

Will we get anyone in January?

No.

Watch your thoughts; they become words.
Watch your words; they become actions.
Watch your actions; they become habits.
Watch your habits; they become character.
Watch your character; it becomes your destiny!

HuSsAiN

Glorio
International Player
International Player

Thu Jan 10, 2019 10:26 am

Personally, I wouldn't go for any of those 3 -

They seem like the sort of rash purchases we've made recently. I.e. "oh look, a huge name is available, lets get him."

Dembele would've been great for even 50M a few years ago, but he has been struggling with injuries, and if memory serves me right, may already be over 30/31

Ramsey is a class player IMO but again, has proven to be very injury prone. Also, he's more of an attacker (number 10 type player) than a central midfielder.

With Fabregas, it's just a case of another ageing player, and not being what we need at this moment - that's just my personal opinion that if you have Paul Pogba and Fabregas in the same midfield, that's a very porous midfield. I believe we need a healthy and young central midfield all rounder (box-to-box type player) in midfield to complement what we have. Or even someone to compete with Matic in the holding role

There is only one GOLDEN BOY

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:19 am

HuSsAiN wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 9:36 am
Dembele 9M to China
Ramsey 35m Juve
Fabregas??

no value in market i guess.

I wuold have taken any of these 3 midfielders who are proven in the premier league as we surely do lack quality in midfield.

Centre-back is also a priority, and a right winger..

Will we get anyone in January?

No.
You probably haven’t read why Dembele is moving to China if you’re willing to spend 9 million on him

"Beckham... into Sheringham... and Solskjær has won it!"

Return to “U-N-I-T-E-D”