Next Match: Image
Cardiff City in the Premier League.
Saturday 22nd December 2018, KO 17:30 UTC.
Ole
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain

Pre/Post Match Discussion: Premier League vs Southampton (a)

Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:09 pm

Image vs. Image

Away to Southampton in the Premier League
Saturday 1st December 2018, KO 17:30 UTC

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Pre/Post Match Discussion: Premier League vs Southampton (a)

Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:18 pm

deGea
Young Jones Matic Shaw
Herrera McTominay Fellaini Pogba
Lukaku Rashford
Not sure of the formation but those are the players. Matic and Fellaini in the starting lineup, I guess Mourinho wants to see just how long it can take to move the ball from one end of the pitch to the other.

I can't believe it. I can't believe it. Football. Bloody hell.

RED3bution
Supporter
Supporter

Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:47 pm

Southampton goal. A comedy of countless errors....Mourinho must be masterminding another come-from-behind victory.

"You crossed the line first, sir. You squeezed them, you hammered them to the point of desperation. And in their desperation, they turned to a man they didn't fully understand." -The Dark Knight

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter

Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:55 pm

Totally dysfunctional. Eleven Charleys in search of a team.

Ole
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain

Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:09 pm

Lukaku ends his goal drought.

2-1.

It's not boring to be fair.

Ole
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain

Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:11 pm

Herrera! 2-2.

Wow.

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter

Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:11 pm

2 - 2
Southampton are really a shit team

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter

Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:30 pm

2 - 2 @ the half

It's like watching two drunks holding each other up as they stager home.

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter

Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:29 pm

If that represents the best game plan that our management team can put together then the entire staff need to be given their walking papers. Mourinho will probably call out the players for a lack of heart and no enthusiasm and no spirit but the reality is the players looked like they were doing exactly what they were told to do.

After a performance like that is there any question about the dressing room?

Clear out the deadwood starting with the management staff and don't worry about who will take over, at this point anyone will do.

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:41 am

That was fun

"Beckham... into Sheringham... and Solskjær has won it!"

raycreative
Academy Player
Academy Player

Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:02 am

ArizonaRed wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:29 pm
If that represents the best game plan that our management team can put together then the entire staff need to be given their walking papers. Mourinho will probably call out the players for a lack of heart and no enthusiasm and no spirit but the reality is the players looked like they were doing exactly what they were told to do.

After a performance like that is there any question about the dressing room?

Clear out the deadwood starting with the management staff and don't worry about who will take over, at this point anyone will do.

The deadwood starts at the top and imo ends at that point
Until the deadwood Glazers and Woodward go,and they are not going,then nothing positive can happen on the playing side of the club

Who appointed Moyes,LVG and Jose but Woodward with the Glazers blessings
Who didn't get Jose any one of the five defenders he clearly needs but Woodward and presumably sanctioned by the Glazers
Who is currently offering contract extensions to either knackered or shit footballers like Valencia,Young,Smalling and Jones but Woodward presumably agreed by the Glazers

Let's get this right
This is an average team managed by a manager who has lost faith in the owners and negotiators a la Benitez at Newcastle
This is a mid table team mixing it with the likes of Watford and Everton and rightly so
It looks like we are about to lose DDG and the answer appears to be "let the greedy sod go for £100m and buy the Everton goalkeeper for £50m".Do you think that would be a positive move for Manchester United?
"Let greedy Pogba go for £135m and buy another shirt seller for 70m".Same question as above

You/i/we need to stop pulling apart every game and trying to find the cause.There is no point.Every game is the same
The manager has given up and needs to move on but who of quality will replace him?
We cannot attract top players anymore other than with money and the only ones we want to spend on are shirt sellers first and players second
Our top players,the few that are left want to go and some idiot has let their contracts run down to nothing.Hello Mr Woodward!!!
8 players are out of contract in the next 5 months

Our defence yesterday was again non existent
McTominay is even less ambitious in his style of play than Tom Cleverley is and that's bad
They throw on Jesse to try to score a goal to win the game.He has not scored for almost a year and is no better than the pea at West Ham who is not considered special by any mid table team or above
Yes Lukaku the lampost did score but that was,imo,only because the brain dead lump had no time to think and work it out
90& of the passes played to him yesterday bounced off it but he did give us a laugh by treading on the ball,when trying to trap it and injuring himself

It would be nice to hear from Mr Woodward and the Glazers what the long term plan to build the football side up but i suspect you won't hear a word whilst the away end like yesterday is packed with pilgrims and tourists who have been double bubbled with Arsenal on Wednesday to spend the overseas currency in the megastore

All is well is it not???

Kinnell
Academy Player
Academy Player

Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:48 pm

Normally,after reading a post like this about the demise of a once great FOOTBALL club I would get depressed but not any more.
After a lifetime following United it saddens me to say I no longer care.

We are owned by a football ignorant family who care only about profit and not by history and tradition,Sir Matt must be turning in his grave God bless him.What must Sir Alec and Sir Bobby be thinking as they watch this dross week in and week out,are they speaking out or just saying nothing.???

I just hope the day is not too far away when we see the back of this wretched family and their puppet Woodward.
But I'm not holding my breath.

Great post as always Ray. (Y)

Sigmar
Academy Player
Academy Player

Sun Dec 02, 2018 5:09 pm

Kinnell wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:48 pm
Normally,after reading a post like this about the demise of a once great FOOTBALL club I would get depressed but not any more.
After a lifetime following United it saddens me to say I no longer care.

We are owned by a football ignorant family who care only about profit and not by history and tradition,Sir Matt must be turning in his grave God bless him.What must Sir Alec and Sir Bobby be thinking as they watch this dross week in and week out,are they speaking out or just saying nothing.???

I just hope the day is not too far away when we see the back of this wretched family and their puppet Woodward.
But I'm not holding my breath.

Great post as always Ray. (Y)
It would be a gret post if 99.9% were not bullshit and more crap that an Sun reporter dishes out in a year.

Depending on which source you believe, and I tend to believe what players say, Jose did have a say in who was brought into the squad, and does have a say on who are offered contract extentions.
In a week where Matic has gone on the record as saying 'Jose convinced me to join United' sort of debunks the closet bittters theory about him having sod all to do with player signings.
In a week where United are going to implement DDG's one year option, forcing him to stay, sort of implies that change could be around the corner.
Every season sees players contracts come up fo renewal, every season it goes to the wire as agents and club play a game of cat and mouse, we were pleased as punch when Fellaini wouldn't sign last season, then lo and behold, no other club came in for him, so he gets another contract !
Of course it will be diffferent with DDG, we want to keep him, so we exercise the one year option.

Are all of you naive enough to think that the Glazers take more notice of what Woodward says on football matters than SAF & Charlton ? please ...think about it.

I think raycreative lives up this name, he's very creative writing bullshit

Life is what you have to put up with when you are not dead

raycreative
Academy Player
Academy Player

Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:19 pm

Yep Sigmar
You are correct again and everybody else that genuilnly follows United is wrong
Funny that

All City's top players are also almost out of contract
They invlude,of the current players er,er,er,er,er
Well there must be somebody to prove your point Sigmar

Let's take a look at City's nearest pursuers and our deadliest enemy,Liverpool
Now almost out of contract are er,er,er,er(well the same er i think)
So Sigmar,why don't you try and make me look a fool and tell me which established Liverpool players with a future are playing the agents game you mention

You are a compete bullshitter and always were a Glazer stooge, even as Maverick
Same shit ,different name

I was watching this team whilst you were swinging in your fathers bollocks and this is not close to anything but a cash cow

Never mind a good month coming up to fleece the fans
The FA cup draw is tomorrow night and the threatening email has already gone out to season ticket holders
"If we are drawn at home then your bank account will be charged immediately.If the money is not in your account you will lose the right to apply for any other tickets"
Then the draw for the champions league will be made right after the last game in a couple of weeks
Although the games are not until February expect a "ping" on your mobile phone to say the money has gone

I bet it doesn't say Happy Christmas and we hope we'v left you enough money for a turkey
Remember the Glazers love turkeys.Especially the turkeys that pay £700 for a Bobby Charlton package

Finally to prove my point,which to be fair is not hard against an imbecile with a big mouth who said the following and when
Answers on a postcard please
"I question whether Manchester United are "too big a club for their own good" as he outlined his concerns that commercial demands could hamper the teams success"
I will save you searching.It was Louis van Gaal in 2014.How rright he was.Just look at the decline in the 4 years since
But then again,Sigmar you never really liked LVG either,did you
Nor Moyes
All appointed by Ed

I will give you one mark thoug
I do believe that Jose had a major say in Matic
A top class player he knew well
Matic suited Woodward as well,relatively cheap
But try to convince anybody that Jose didn't want Virgil and that he insisted on keeping Smalling and Jones.It's as laughable as it sounds

Sigmar
Academy Player
Academy Player

Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:16 pm

raycreative wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:19 pm
Yep Sigmar
You are correct again and everybody else that genuilnly follows United is wrong
Funny that

All City's top players are also almost out of contract
They invlude,of the current players er,er,er,er,er
Well there must be somebody to prove your point Sigmar

Let's take a look at City's nearest pursuers and our deadliest enemy,Liverpool
Now almost out of contract are er,er,er,er(well the same er i think)
So Sigmar,why don't you try and make me look a fool and tell me which established Liverpool players with a future are playing the agents game you mention

You are a compete bullshitter and always were a Glazer stooge, even as Maverick

Same shit ,different name

I was watching this team whilst you were swinging in your fathers bollocks and this is not close to anything but a cash cow

Never mind a good month coming up to fleece the fans
The FA cup draw is tomorrow night and the threatening email has already gone out to season ticket holders
"If we are drawn at home then your bank account will be charged immediately.If the money is not in your account you will lose the right to apply for any other tickets"
Then the draw for the champions league will be made right after the last game in a couple of weeks
Although the games are not until February expect a "ping" on your mobile phone to say the money has gone

I bet it doesn't say Happy Christmas and we hope we'v left you enough money for a turkey
Remember the Glazers love turkeys.Especially the turkeys that pay £700 for a Bobby Charlton package

Finally to prove my point,which to be fair is not hard against an imbecile with a big mouth who said the following and when
Answers on a postcard please
"I question whether Manchester United are "too big a club for their own good" as he outlined his concerns that commercial demands could hamper the teams success"
I will save you searching.It was Louis van Gaal in 2014.How rright he was.Just look at the decline in the 4 years since
But then again,Sigmar you never really liked LVG either,did you
Nor Moyes
All appointed by Ed

I will give you one mark thoug
I do believe that Jose had a major say in Matic
A top class player he knew well
Matic suited Woodward as well,relatively cheap
But try to convince anybody that Jose didn't want Virgil and that he insisted on keeping Smalling and Jones.It's as laughable as it sounds
So thats who you think I am :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Oh you are so wide of the mark, you are not even close !
Oh I don't think so, you are crap at math as well, if you were watching United say as a ten year old when I was "swinging in my fathers bollocks" that would make you around 71 !! of course this could be the reason for your posts bordering on senility

If you were a United fan you would know that they have a history of running down players contracts, it's just history repeating itself.

I wont bother answering the rest of your post because you are so wrong in assuming who I am !

SUBXERO
International Player
International Player

Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:30 pm

Ray, Sigmar. Guys, you both are obviously long standing United fans with lots of knowledge, impressions, memories and stories of our beloved club and each one of you have strong opinions which he is entitled to express. You even seem to be of the approximately same generation.

Why don't you simply agree to disagree on certain matters instead of insulting each other? Speaking of myself I can tell you I read every single post of yours with great pleasure regardless of who's the contributor and if I share his point of view.

This place can only profit from posters like you both but please not in this manner. With your actions you are making some happenings inevitable. Ray, you've been already through this a couple of times and you know what I'm talking about. I for one, as a lounge member, would be very sad to lose anyone of you both from this board.

Cheers!

UNITED > ENGLAND

raycreative
Academy Player
Academy Player

Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:56 pm

It is very difficult to be civil to Sigmar/Maverick and i don't know why a few more of you don't call him out or why you even shy away from him

He is like Donald Trump
In total denial.
I post and he comes right back but them accuses ME of trolling HIM
I don't quite get that but possibly because i am senile as Mav suggests

I know ALL of you believe that this club is being financially raped rotten by the owners who NEVER speak
What is the long term plan for this once great club now in a blind downwards spiral ?
re the manager
re the players
re the ambition
Anybody got any ideas of the above because i don't
Nobody above Jose ever speaks unless it is to investors,shareholders or sponsors
That cannot be right.The club was built by fans and a community for fans and a community and not for a New York bank or Caymans Island tax dodge run by leeches.

Ask Newcastle fans about Mike Ashley,ask Arsenal fans about Usmanov,ask Liverpool fans about Gillette and Hicks,ask West Ham fans about Gold and Brady,ask Blackpool fans about the Oystons
ALL rotten to the core along with the Glazers
How the FA allow it is beyond me
The only difference is that some fans marched like the Scousers and got a result
The Arsenal fans voted with their feet and got a result
Blackpool fans are just getting on top.The courts will have the Oystons gone eventually
But our lot seem frightened and i don't know why

If the forum wants me gone so be it but that's up to you but make sure Mav goes at the same time

Sigmar
Academy Player
Academy Player

Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:18 pm

I'm not Mav.

I would ask Dan or Red Ste to verify this as I can prove who I am, by quoting my original username to them

I am (or was) a founding member of this board, when it broke away from the official United board many many years ago, I was part of the group that has now left it seems for good, Condor, Lawman, KStand Red, Dante, Rob, John Rawsthorne (RIP), Liz, ERRN, Anci, Aragorn, and many more. I am still in touch with many of them via Facebook.

My posts are somewhere in the archive, under a different username.

I have always accepted nothing, and questioned everything, so when someone claims to have
'inside' information on one of the most secretive boardrooms in football, I question it
has been told things by an 'unamed board member' I question it. ( especially when workers in the museum are not allowed to discuss the workings of that with fans)
say that the Glazers have not invested in the club, when in reality they have, to the tune of billions, I question it
Talk about the Edwards era as golden years, when it wasn't, I question it

At one time I was a shareholder of this club, and I used to got to shareholders meetings, you had to sign an agreement at those meetings not to discuss anything that was said or took place.

If anyone is naive enough to think that the board would employ a manager, pay him millions, and then spend millions on players without his approval on those players bought, then this club is led by idiots, not by shrewd businessmen, because despite what you may think about the Glazers, and you may hate them for the way they took over the club, and the way they take money from it, you have to admit that under their stewardship the club has had it's most successful period in it's entire history.

This club is going through the same period that it went through with Matt, Moyes was not the boss, LVG was not the boss, and Jose certainly isn't, while Fergie still walks the corridors of OT, no-one will be 'The Boss' because the whole of OT is under his shadow, and that is the problem, it's going to take a big man to get United ut of this mess, and it's not Jose.
That is why the manager has to get shot of the last of the Fergie signings.

raycreative
Academy Player
Academy Player

Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:02 pm

Sigmar wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:18 pm
I'm not Mav.

I would ask Dan or Red Ste to verify this as I can prove who I am, by quoting my original username to them

I am (or was) a founding member of this board, when it broke away from the official United board many many years ago, I was part of the group that has now left it seems for good, Condor, Lawman, KStand Red, Dante, Rob, John Rawsthorne (RIP), Liz, ERRN, Anci, Aragorn, and many more. I am still in touch with many of them via Facebook.

My posts are somewhere in the archive, under a different username.

I have always accepted nothing, and questioned everything, so when someone claims to have
'inside' information on one of the most secretive boardrooms in football, I question it
has been told things by an 'unamed board member' I question it. ( especially when workers in the museum are not allowed to discuss the workings of that with fans)
say that the Glazers have not invested in the club, when in reality they have, to the tune of billions, I question it
Talk about the Edwards era as golden years, when it wasn't, I question it

At one time I was a shareholder of this club, and I used to got to shareholders meetings, you had to sign an agreement at those meetings not to discuss anything that was said or took place.

If anyone is naive enough to think that the board would employ a manager, pay him millions, and then spend millions on players without his approval on those players bought, then this club is led by idiots, not by shrewd businessmen, because despite what you may think about the Glazers, and you may hate them for the way they took over the club, and the way they take money from it, you have to admit that under their stewardship the club has had it's most successful period in it's entire history.

This club is going through the same period that it went through with Matt, Moyes was not the boss, LVG was not the boss, and Jose certainly isn't, while Fergie still walks the corridors of OT, no-one will be 'The Boss' because the whole of OT is under his shadow, and that is the problem, it's going to take a big man to get United ut of this mess, and it's not Jose.
That is why the manager has to get shot of the last of the Fergie signings.

Of course they need to clear out the deadwood
But who is offering a new contract to Jones,Young,Valencia and Smalling
If you question everything then ask Ed
Why haven't we heard a word from him or the Glazers
I have asked this question many times but you give it a body swerve every time

I agree the Edwards years were not golden years
Following on after the team dies at Munich at the players were not insured we didn't win much
Just the European cup in 68 and the leagues in 65 and 67 and the FA Cup in 63
To be fair all or most of that was Busby but the Edwards did not interfere

So how much of this rip roaring success under Glazer ownership down to them and Ed
I would say none
The glory Glazer years were dictated and orchestrated by SAF
They had each other by the balls
They gave SAF a free hand and a few bungs and he kept his mouth shut
To suggest they wil win nothing whilst he still "walks the corridors" is an insult to everything he did for this club

Under non SAF rule and just Scouse Ed we have finished outside the top 4 in the last 6 years than we did in the previous 25
Well done the Glazers
ala Tampa Bay

Sigmar
Academy Player
Academy Player

Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:40 pm

The Glazers and Ed have never been the ones for public declarations, just as Gill wasn't in his time and Edwards in his, those that run the club off the field very rarely speak about events on the field, they hide under the umpbrella of the 'Board of Directors', that is the way it has always been, no one person (IMO) does the hiring and firing, business these days doesn't work like that

Return to “U-N-I-T-E-D”