Next Match: Image
Valencia in the Champions League.
Wednesday 12th December 2018, KO 20:00 UTC.
raycreative
Academy Player
Academy Player

"This club is rotten to the core"

Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:58 am

I will keep you abreast of the piss takes,the greed and the downright wrong that this once great club now takes as a normal day

On Sunday i was asked by Peter Bolton if i could get him a ticket for Bournemouth away
Now for those that don't know Peter he is the one with the flag that says "United,kids,wife in that order"
He follows every team that bears the name Manchester United.First team reserves,juniors,under 10's(if they had one).The only team he won't follow is the womens team
He thinks nothing of driving down to Southampton on a Wednesday in February to watch the under 18's
He epitomizes everything that is "old" Manchester United
He travels the world on pre season,nothing tours
What he does wrong is that he does not spend in the megastore,which makes him of no use to the owners
If anybody deserves an automatic ticket for every away game he does.
And yet for a nothing mid table game at Bournemouth for a Saturday lunchtime kick off he finds himself chubbed and without a ticket
Nobody can give him a ticket because under United ticket office rules,tickets are not transferable and if anybody sees him and his flag they will pull him and demand to see his ticket.That means that whoever gives him a spare will get a 3 year ban and their own season ticket confiscated,with no refund mind.

That moves me on to another situation last night
The name of the family shall remain nameless,as i think it's the right thing to do
This family have been supporting Manchester United from before they moved to Old Trafford.They were still playing at Bank Street,Clayton
They have 12 tickets together for the entire family.Grandfather,father,kids,uncles etc
They are a family of charity and if they have a spare they GIVE IT FREE OF CHARGE to a worthy person
They will often donate a few tickets to a charity fundraising event
United,in our of there now regular swoops on people sat inside the ground checked one of the 12 tickets and found it was being used by somebody whose name was not on that ticket
The fact he had been given it for free was irrelevant.All 12 tickets have now been confiscated with no refund given and the entire family banned for 12 months
I feel sure that 12 members of the Thomas Cook ipad branch will be using these seats for United v City,Liverpool and Chelsea

I conservatively estimate that i have heard of about 100 season tickets being snatched,for no reason,this season alone
How desperate are they for money?

This club is rotten to the core

SUBXERO
International Player
International Player

Re: "This club is rotten to the core"

Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:45 am

A bit off topic Ray, but, is this infamous flag not owned by Mick Groom of the Cockney Reds?

UNITED > ENGLAND

Sigmar
Academy Player
Academy Player

Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:15 pm

One of the reasons me and my mate gave up our Season Ticket, I couldn't attend Saturday games all the time and him Mid week, so we had a half share, I paid for it, he bought his share off me. He got pulled at one game, only two games into the season. We lost the ticket.

Tried arguing with them that they had the money, who sat in the seat shouldbe irrelevent.

Not sure if it's true, but heard on the grapevine that if as an ST holder you are not in the ground at 15mins to KO, they sell your seat to a tourist. I'd loce someone to test this out and arrive late to see if the seat has been re-sold, and kickk up a stick if it has.

Life is what you have to put up with when you are not dead

Kinnell
Academy Player
Academy Player

Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:31 pm

This is all so depressing as I hadn't realised my club had become so bloody rotten.

When I think of the tragic death of Leicester City's wonderful owner and we have this mafia family destroying the principles and ethics that Matt Busby instilled into this once great club.

Matt must be turning in his grave God bless him. (f)

Kinnell
Academy Player
Academy Player

Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:36 pm

Ray,can't you pass on these wretched goings on at the club to the press so that all United fans are aware of what's happening to our club.

Sigmar
Academy Player
Academy Player

Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:54 pm

Kinnell wrote:
This is all so depressing as I hadn't realised my club had become so bloody rotten.

When I think of the tragic death of Leicester City's wonderful owner and we have this mafia family destroying the principles and ethics that Matt Busby instilled into this once great club.

I'm not sure this is the Glazers doing, it's more likely to be some faceless manager in the ticket office making these rules.
Blaming the Glazers for every thing is the easy option, the Glazers were not in charge when I had my ticket removed, as far as I know ST's have never been transferable, but it was always accepted, it seemed to change when the club became a PLC and the bean counters took control.

Life is what you have to put up with when you are not dead

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:49 pm

Hey Ray,

been hearing about these things for a while.

Does that make getting an away ticket that much harder? I'll be in London for the Spurs game and been hearing getting a ticket for that will be impossible

"Beckham... into Sheringham... and Solskjær has won it!"

raycreative
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re:

Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:09 pm

SUBXERO wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:45 am
A bit off topic Ray, but, is this infamous flag not owned by Mick Groom of the Cockney Reds?

Apologies
You are correct
I meant to say Peter's flag is "One Love".Seen at every game but at this moment you won't see it at Bournemouth as he still hasn't got a ticket

raycreative
Academy Player
Academy Player

Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:13 pm

Sigmar wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 6:15 pm
One of the reasons me and my mate gave up our Season Ticket, I couldn't attend Saturday games all the time and him Mid week, so we had a half share, I paid for it, he bought his share off me. He got pulled at one game, only two games into the season. We lost the ticket.

Tried arguing with them that they had the money, who sat in the seat shouldbe irrelevent.

Not sure if it's true, but heard on the grapevine that if as an ST holder you are not in the ground at 15mins to KO, they sell your seat to a tourist. I'd loce someone to test this out and arrive late to see if the seat has been re-sold, and kickk up a stick if it has.
Not true about selling your ticket if you are not in the ground
However they have more and more people randomly coming up to supporters already in their seats,even after the game has started and demanding to see ID
It's a bleeding football match FFS not a border crossing

I assume when you lost your ticket one or two games into the season they kept your money.That's legalised theft isn't it
And i am 100% sure if they did confiscate your ticket it would have been sold on a game to game basis to a tourist who they had tucked up with a defrosted burger and chips in the Red Cafe package and called it International fine dining for £400

raycreative
Academy Player
Academy Player

Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:15 pm

Kinnell wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:36 pm
Ray,can't you pass on these wretched goings on at the club to the press so that all United fans are aware of what's happening to our club.
I talk regularly to Charlie Sale at the Daily Express who published some of it but the club don't give a shit and always answer allegations with "no comment" through the press spokesman who is "One last question" Karen who you see in Jose's press conference

raycreative
Academy Player
Academy Player

Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:21 pm

Sigmar wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:54 pm
Kinnell wrote:

I'm not sure this is the Glazers doing, it's more likely to be some faceless manager in the ticket office making these rules.
Blaming the Glazers for every thing is the easy option, the Glazers were not in charge when I had my ticket removed, as far as I know ST's have never been transferable, but it was always accepted, it seemed to change when the club became a PLC and the bean counters took control.
It has never happened under any owners that they snatch tickets and keep them
They did have an armistice when Arthur Chubb was still at the ticket office
They allowed people to transfer the name but you had to give up cup final tickets rights.I can't remember when this was and who owned the club at that time
It might well have been the Glazers
Current shit is caused by Richard Arnold who answers to Scouse Ed who answers to the Glazers.
There is nobody else in the loop.Can you imagine some faceless person in the ticket office making a decison like snatching tickets and hiring a squad of students to stand outside the ticket office pretending to buy tickets
You sell a spare at face value and you and the ticket are toast
No this has to go right to the top
It's like suggesting that Trump doesn't know the troops are being sent to the Mexican border by some faceless officerl

raycreative
Academy Player
Academy Player

Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:26 pm

Sandies wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:49 pm
Hey Ray,

been hearing about these things for a while.

Does that make getting an away ticket that much harder? I'll be in London for the Spurs game and been hearing getting a ticket for that will be impossible
Nobody in their right mind will sell you a spare under normal circumstances
However Steve that runs the Dorset branch is taking United on
He has told them in the ticket office that he has always and will continue to sell spares to genuine United fans at face value only.He considers it an insult if you try to pay him more or offer to buy him a drink
He will not sell to a tourist or pilgrim under any circumstances.Only people he knows or friends of friends
He has invited United to ban him and he doesn't care.He has been supporting for 50 years and he is at the stage he has had enough of these thieves that run the club
He,like me,now goes out of habit
You can always get a ticket in the Sours end.They have stopped filling the stadium as the Spurs fans have also had enough of the club not investing in players
I will be happy to help you get a ticket if you want me to
email me at raymondadler@aol.com if you do need any help

raycreative
Academy Player
Academy Player

Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:50 am

A very interesting article in yesterdays Daily Mail by Martin Samuel talking about current club owners wanting to rip the heart and community out of our communities
How long have i been saying that?
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... bluff.html

raycreative
Academy Player
Academy Player

Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:44 am

Despite some people believing that the Glazers are great men of charity who choose not to brag about it let me relay a story from yesterday

I have my own charity that looks after kids with nothing,mostly but not exclusively in the North West
The trustees and i decided it would be nice to give 10 United tickets to kids of women who were living in a local home with the kids as a superb Xmas present
I telephoned United yesterday to see if i could buy a block of 10 tickets for any game at Old Trafford.There are two shit games against Brighton and Burnley that will not sell out
You want to know what they told me
Question 1-"Are these kids members?
Obvious answer is no
Then you need to pay membership on top of the ticket price and we need names,dates of birth,emails etc.Despite me explaining they could not afford a computer and it was a Xmas charity gift they tried to twist me onto 10 VIP packages for £4000 where membership was not needed

Maybe the Glazers "should brag about the charity work the family does".Greedy bastards
Charlie Sale has been informed

raycreative
Academy Player
Academy Player

Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:27 pm

another one to make us proud of our club

David Meek was a journalist for the Manchester Evening News.
He was also a writer for the United matchday programme for 40 years when he took over after the Munich air disaster
He died a couple of weeks ago and was buried last week
Have a wild guess at how many representatives the club sent down to pay their respects?
Answers on a postcard

Ole
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain

Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:55 pm

Would be surprised if Fergie didn't go.

raycreative
Academy Player
Academy Player

Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:02 pm

Ole wrote:
Fergie went as did two FORMER club secretary's ie the two Kens
So did the Busby family have a representative

But not a message or anything from the worlds greatest capital venture company aka as Manchester United
Then again i should not be surprised after they took the Busby family seats off them 2 seasons ago
I wonder how long the Ferguson family will be welcome after SAF goes

raycreative
Academy Player
Academy Player

Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:05 pm

Got a phone call today asking if i was interested in 2 extra tickets in the lounge for next season as i had shown an interest 3 years ago according to their records
I could go on a priority waiting list if i gave them £6000 today but the offer was only valid from them for 1 hour
I asked them if they were that desperate for cash for NEXT season because they were intending to buy some more players
They got the message but you'd think they would give it a rest with the way things are

RedSte
Reserve Team Coach
Reserve Team Coach

Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:39 pm

raycreative wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 9:02 pm
Ole wrote:
Fergie went as did two FORMER club secretary's ie the two Kens
So did the Busby family have a representative

But not a message or anything from the worlds greatest capital venture company aka as Manchester United
Then again i should not be surprised after they took the Busby family seats off them 2 seasons ago
I wonder how long the Ferguson family will be welcome after SAF goes
Probably have no clue who he is... RIP Meeky

My old man said be a City fan...

Nothing significant and lasting will ever come of FFP! - RedSte (2012)

Return to “U-N-I-T-E-D”