Loading...
Next Match: Image
Cardiff City in the Premier League.
Saturday 22nd December 2018, KO 17:30 UTC.
Ole
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain
Posts: 3569
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:41 pm

Pre/Post Match Discussion: Champions League vs Juventus (h)

Sat Oct 20, 2018 2:03 pm

Image

Image vs. Image

Home to Juventus in the Champions League
Tuesday 23rd October 2018, KO 20:00 BST



User avatar
raycreative
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 138
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:03 pm

Re: Pre/Post Match Discussion: Champions League vs Juventus (h)

Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:55 pm

Probably not much different to the Chelsea game for line up and tactics

Juventus are doing well in what is mostly an uncompetative league
They are capable of getting any just as we are
I think most would settle for a draw,indeed rwo draw's both home and away
That way a draw against Seville and a good battering of Young Boys should see us through

Let's face we aren't going to win the European Cup so getting through and then getting knocked out means we aren't dragging to arsehole Russian satelite countries by coming third and dropping down to the UEFA league

There might even be a good atmospehere on Tuesday for once
Every Italain waiter between Birmingham and Newcastle will be Old Trafford and United have,apparently,struggles to sell these to the Far East ipad branch
There might for once be more genuine fans than tourists and pilgrims so we might get a good old fashioned noise.I hope so

So team line up
DDG
Shaw and either Young or Valencia
Any two idiots at centre half(all as bad as each other)I don't know why but i fancy he will play Smalling and Bailly

Midfield is Matic,Pogba and i have a feeling he will leave Mata on the bench and play Herrara

Maybe Fellaini as i suspect that Rashford might be out

Martial and the concrete lamp post up front

Anybody going?
Anybody watching it on TV or similar?



User avatar
raycreative
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 138
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:03 pm

Re: Pre/Post Match Discussion: Champions League vs Juventus (h)

Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:59 am

raycreative wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:55 pm
Probably not much different to the Chelsea game for line up and tactics

Juventus are doing well in what is mostly an uncompetative league
They are capable of getting any result just as we are
I think most would settle for a draw,indeed two draw's both home and away
That way a draw against Seville and a good battering of Young Boys should see us through

Let's face we aren't going to win the European Cup so getting through and then getting knocked out means we aren't dragging to arsehole Russian satellite countries by coming third and dropping down to the UEFA league

There might even be a good atmosphere on Tuesday for once
Every Italian waiter between Birmingham and Newcastle will be Old Trafford and United have,apparently,struggles to sell these to the Far East ipad branch
There might for once be more genuine fans than tourists and pilgrims so we might get a good old fashioned noise.I hope so

So team line up
DDG
Shaw and either Young or Valencia
Any two idiots at centre half(all as bad as each other)I don't know why but i fancy he will play Smalling and Bailly

Midfield is Matic,Pogba and i have a feeling he will leave Mata on the bench and play Herrara

Maybe Fellaini as i suspect that Rashford might be out

Martial and the concrete lamp post up front

Anybody going?
Anybody watching it on TV or similar?



Short Back and Sides
Referee
Referee
Posts: 8298
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:55 pm

Re: Pre/Post Match Discussion: Champions League vs Juventus (h)

Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:45 am

Yep I'm going Ray


100% Top Red

User avatar
Sigmar
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 238
Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:36 pm

Re: Pre/Post Match Discussion: Champions League vs Juventus (h)

Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:03 am

I had thee choice of going to see this or attending a reuinon with classmates I haven't seen for forty odd years and have nothing in common with, guess which I chose ?

Talk of welcoming Ronaldo home ( when he couldn't get out fast enough) is enough to make me feel sick to the core.
We will be lucky to come out with a draw, Ronaldo & Co will show us up for what we are ... I think


Life is what you have to put up with when you are not dead

User avatar
Colin Francis
First Team Player
First Team Player
Posts: 959
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:36 pm

Re: Pre/Post Match Discussion: Champions League vs Juventus (h)

Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:02 pm

With the right players and formation, we can beat them. Play Fred, Snachez,push Pogba up, don't select Bailly and Young and we will have a good chance. Don't have a choice with lamp post though


...and the Truth shall make you free.....

User avatar
raycreative
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 138
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:03 pm

Re: Pre/Post Match Discussion: Champions League vs Juventus (h)

Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:52 pm

Short Back and Sides wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:45 am
Yep I'm going Ray
Traffic is shit so get to the ground early
Beer only £6 a bottle



User avatar
raycreative
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 138
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:03 pm

Re: Pre/Post Match Discussion: Champions League vs Juventus (h)

Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:04 pm

Sigmar wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:03 am
I had thee choice of going to see this or attending a reuinon with classmates I haven't seen for forty odd years and have nothing in common with, guess which I chose ?

Talk of welcoming Ronaldo home ( when he couldn't get out fast enough) is enough to make me feel sick to the core.
We will be lucky to come out with a draw, Ronaldo & Co will show us up for what we are ... I think
Not sure what you mean by “couldn’t get out fast enough”
He hated,and made no secret of the fact he hated the cold wet Manchester weather
He gave us a season and a half’s notice that he wanted to leave
With him we won 3 premier leagues,1 fa cup,2 league cups a champions league and a world club championship
He wanted to go to warmer climates and play for an ambitious team
You might argue that with Real Madrid winning 4 champions leagues and 3 world club championships he achieved his goal
Possibly,just possibly the Glazers couldn’t get him out fast enough
Now where did that 100 millions euros they got for him go to
Not off the debt nor on another player.I would actually go as far as to say we have not attempted to buy a quality winger since he left in 2009
The money seemed to go on holiday in the Caymans and has been harder to find than Khashoggi since it went in



User avatar
Glorio
International Player
International Player
Posts: 2275
Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2007 12:36 am

Re: Pre/Post Match Discussion: Champions League vs Juventus (h)

Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:18 am

I'll just avoid the performance all together and ask what this nonsense is about us arriving late at games these days


There is only one GOLDEN BOY

User avatar
raycreative
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 138
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:03 pm

Re: Pre/Post Match Discussion: Champions League vs Juventus (h)

Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:21 am

not exactly nonsense is it
Manchester is currently like a massive car park.Single lane traffic all the way from Deansgate to Chester Road
Trafford Park is mostly closed due to the installation of the tram lines
The Dock road down Salford Quays is the escape route for everybody so that locks up as well
If you know of another way of getting to the ground i would be happy to pass it on



User avatar
raycreative
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 138
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:03 pm

Re: Pre/Post Match Discussion: Champions League vs Juventus (h)

Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:28 am

So let's talk about the game
I wasn't looking forward to it as i thought,correctly that we would have our arses felt and we did
Men and boys i'm afraid
I think Juventus are live contenders for the European cup and we are a premier league mid table side.Those are facts
Jose came out honestly at the end of the game and said he needs significant funds to get this team into a challenging position which he does
Will the Glazers give it to him,or somebody else or will they sell the club or will they do a Tampa Bay and settle for what we have in team/squad and try to improve the profits?Wait and see
I thought we played as well as we could.Young and Shaw played well.DDG made some huge saves
Smalling and Lindelof shit themselves a lot of the time as they must have known they are not good enough but overall they didn't make any mistakes
Both went missing for the goal
Matic was possibly our worst midfield player giving the ball away too much
Pogba must be sad at what he left for cash.You can see why he would want to join a club with the ambition of the type Juventus have
Martial and Rashford worked hard against a quality defence and the lampost is just shit and whilst he is still at this club our ambitions are obvious



User avatar
Kinnell
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 191
Joined: Fri Oct 23, 2015 2:42 pm

Re: Pre/Post Match Discussion: Champions League vs Juventus (h)

Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:19 pm

There was a time not very long ago that this result would have generated four or five pages of comment now more likely to just have four or five posters.

I think this result and performance shows how far we have declined in European football at the top level,we are second possibly third tier now.

How embarrassing and shameful is that, our owners seem to think success is at the bottom of a pot noodle.
As Gary Neville said recently this club is rotten to the core and while they stay in power I don't think I care anymore.



User avatar
Sigmar
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 238
Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:36 pm

Re: Pre/Post Match Discussion: Champions League vs Juventus (h)

Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:11 pm

raycreative wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:04 pm
Sigmar wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:03 am
I had thee choice of going to see this or attending a reuinon with classmates I haven't seen for forty odd years and have nothing in common with, guess which I chose ?

Talk of welcoming Ronaldo home ( when he couldn't get out fast enough) is enough to make me feel sick to the core.
We will be lucky to come out with a draw, Ronaldo & Co will show us up for what we are ... I think
Not sure what you mean by “couldn’t get out fast enough”
He hated,and made no secret of the fact he hated the cold wet Manchester weather
He gave us a season and a half’s notice that he wanted to leave
With him we won 3 premier leagues,1 fa cup,2 league cups a champions league and a world club championship
He wanted to go to warmer climates and play for an ambitious team
You might argue that with Real Madrid winning 4 champions leagues and 3 world club championships he achieved his goal
Possibly,just possibly the Glazers couldn’t get him out fast enough
Now where did that 100 millions euros they got for him go to
Not off the debt nor on another player.I would actually go as far as to say we have not attempted to buy a quality winger since he left in 2009
The money seemed to go on holiday in the Caymans and has been harder to find than Khashoggi since it went in
Oh dear put another record on.

My lastin memory of him is missing a vital penalty kick, then lying on the grass in the pouring rain while a young lad saved his and Uniteds Arse, half the time you never knew which Ronaldo woulld turn.

Oh and we won alot more without him than we did with.

As for the missing millions, the only differnce is that befor the Glazers it went in the shareholders pockets as dividends, now it goes in the Glazers pockets, thats the perks of it being a PLC, before that it went in Martin Edwards pockets, before that his fathers, no-one moaned then about the mney they were raking in from ripping fans off, pissing in a gutter etc, the only reason the ground got upgraded was because of the 66 World Cup.

Oh and FYI the club also has accounts in Delaware.


Life is what you have to put up with when you are not dead

User avatar
raycreative
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 138
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:03 pm

Re: Pre/Post Match Discussion: Champions League vs Juventus (h)

Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:44 pm

Goodness me
Yet another non going or barely going United fan that is happy to put the blame down to the manager,the plyers who left,the moon not rising from the west etc etc
The above is so out of touch with reality it is almost lauahable
Yes Ronaldo missed a penalty in the champions league final but that was just after he scored an important goal in the same game
John Terry also missed a penalty,one that ultimately cost them the trophy but he was still a top top class centre half.Compared to Smalling or Lindelof he was Roy of the Rovers
So how many champions league and domestic league and world club championships has Ronaldo won
I always knew which Ronaldo would turn up just as i know which Lukaku will turn up
Yes that's the Lukaku who goal scoring you mentioned in an earlier post
Quite hard to mention actually as he hasn't scored a goal at home all season.
But if you're happy good luck and i suggest you move the cullinder from your eyes so you can see what an average mid table pile of shit this club has become and still continues to slide
At least under the Edwards, who were no great hero's btw we invested in players and they actually came to the games and they actually spoke to and helped the managers

Hope you had a good night with your classmates.
What's the excuse for Sunday against Everton?



User avatar
Sigmar
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 238
Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:36 pm

Re: Pre/Post Match Discussion: Champions League vs Juventus (h)

Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:01 pm

raycreative wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:44 pm
Goodness me
Yet another non going or barely going United fan that is happy to put the blame down to the manager,the plyers who left,the moon not rising from the west etc etc
The above is so out of touch with reality it is almost lauahable
Yes Ronaldo missed a penalty in the champions league final but that was just after he scored an important goal in the same game
John Terry also missed a penalty,one that ultimately cost them the trophy but he was still a top top class centre half.Compared to Smalling or Lindelof he was Roy of the Rovers
So how many champions league and domestic league and world club championships has Ronaldo won
I always knew which Ronaldo would turn up just as i know which Lukaku will turn up
Yes that's the Lukaku who goal scoring you mentioned in an earlier post
Quite hard to mention actually as he hasn't scored a goal at home all season.
But if you're happy good luck and i suggest you move the cullinder from your eyes so you can see what an average mid table pile of shit this club has become and still continues to slide
At least under the Edwards, who were no great hero's btw we invested in players and they actually came to the games and they actually spoke to and helped the managers

Hope you had a good night with your classmates.
What's the excuse for Sunday against Everton?
WTF are you on about, it doesn't matter whether you go to game or not, in fact there is a good argument that you get a better view on TV, than you do from row z in the thrid tier of the north stand, or even from row z at the back of the stretty, and yes I have sat in both.
FYI before I moved further south it used to cost me £3k a year to watch united, I still get to as many games as I can, but work and days off restrict the amount of times I can attend now.
I'm not the one out of touch with reality, you are, by a country mile.
You always knew which Ronaldo would turn up, give me a break, not even Fergie knew that !

I was going to Old Trafford when it was second division football, and I stood through quite a few games when we were 'mid table shite' under the Edwards family, and they spent money, big money in the day, every manager that has come to United has had money to spend.
The more I read your posts the more I get the impression you are a JCL who blames the Glazers for everything that happens at OT, well get that old Norwich scarf and throw it on the fire, the Glazers have backed the last three managers with more money than sense, and that being so there is one person to point the finger at, and that is Mourinho, he bought a lot of that 'pile of shit' including the lampost.


Life is what you have to put up with when you are not dead

User avatar
Glorio
International Player
International Player
Posts: 2275
Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2007 12:36 am

Re: Pre/Post Match Discussion: Champions League vs Juventus (h)

Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:19 pm

I'm quite sure our team cost way more than Juve's and are probably on higher wages.
It's difficult to point a finger at investment, considering how much José has been backed since he joined.


There is only one GOLDEN BOY

User avatar
Colin Francis
First Team Player
First Team Player
Posts: 959
Joined: Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:36 pm

Re: Pre/Post Match Discussion: Champions League vs Juventus (h)

Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:58 am

It was painful to watch. What a shambolic performance. Its beyond pathetic now and then he says he could not make any subs. Wow!


...and the Truth shall make you free.....

User avatar
Sigmar
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 238
Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:36 pm

Re: Pre/Post Match Discussion: Champions League vs Juventus (h)

Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:34 am

Glorio wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:19 pm
I'm quite sure our team cost way more than Juve's and are probably on higher wages.
It's difficult to point a finger at investment, considering how much José has been backed since he joined.
Image


Life is what you have to put up with when you are not dead

User avatar
raycreative
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 138
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:03 pm

Re: Pre/Post Match Discussion: Champions League vs Juventus (h)

Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:37 am

Sigmar wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:01 pm
raycreative wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:44 pm
Goodness me
Yet another non going or barely going United fan that is happy to put the blame down to the manager,the plyers who left,the moon not rising from the west etc etc
The above is so out of touch with reality it is almost lauahable
Yes Ronaldo missed a penalty in the champions league final but that was just after he scored an important goal in the same game
John Terry also missed a penalty,one that ultimately cost them the trophy but he was still a top top class centre half.Compared to Smalling or Lindelof he was Roy of the Rovers
So how many champions league and domestic league and world club championships has Ronaldo won
I always knew which Ronaldo would turn up just as i know which Lukaku will turn up
Yes that's the Lukaku who goal scoring you mentioned in an earlier post
Quite hard to mention actually as he hasn't scored a goal at home all season.
But if you're happy good luck and i suggest you move the cullinder from your eyes so you can see what an average mid table pile of shit this club has become and still continues to slide
At least under the Edwards, who were no great hero's btw we invested in players and they actually came to the games and they actually spoke to and helped the managers

Hope you had a good night with your classmates.
What's the excuse for Sunday against Everton?
WTF are you on about, it doesn't matter whether you go to game or not, in fact there is a good argument that you get a better view on TV, than you do from row z in the thrid tier of the north stand, or even from row z at the back of the stretty, and yes I have sat in both.
FYI before I moved further south it used to cost me £3k a year to watch united, I still get to as many games as I can, but work and days off restrict the amount of times I can attend now.
I'm not the one out of touch with reality, you are, by a country mile.
You always knew which Ronaldo would turn up, give me a break, not even Fergie knew that !

I was going to Old Trafford when it was second division football, and I stood through quite a few games when we were 'mid table shite' under the Edwards family, and they spent money, big money in the day, every manager that has come to United has had money to spend.
The more I read your posts the more I get the impression you are a JCL who blames the Glazers for everything that happens at OT, well get that old Norwich scarf and throw it on the fire, the Glazers have backed the last three managers with more money than sense, and that being so there is one person to point the finger at, and that is Mourinho, he bought a lot of that 'pile of shit' including the lampost.
I can accept your argument of you never knew which Ronaldo would turn up.
Would it be just the great one or the top world class one.
Either was acceptable to me just as "which George Best would turn up?"
You will know him well having seen him be part of a team that went down a division
Shite or not that was a team that didn't just accept it's fate.It tried to rebuild the team
It did rebuild the team
It redeveloped its youth policy that has been so vital to this club since the 1930's
They invited schoolteachers to the games as the clubs guests to keep them on board
This lot got rid of Paul Scholes two seasons ago because they said they couldn't afford his expenses.Did you know that?

So it's all the managers faults is it?
They back him with untold wealth do they?
How do you know that?
How do you know it is the managers that buy these players?
Why did Jose openly say that he asked for 5 specific defenders last transfer window(March actually) and note that he got none
Why did Woodward not deny that?
Players do indeed come to United but what do they all have in common.Answer defenders are unknown are midfielders and forwards pass the commercial shirt selling test.
It is a total scattergun approach
So you used to spend £3k a year did you?
That is no interest to this brand.One tourist or pilgrim plus his wife spend that on one game
Forget the green and gold scarf shit as well
They have their noses in the Glazers trough as well although it is funny to see a tourist buy and wear one on a matchday with no idea of what it means

I have no idea of what the Glazers long term plan for this club is.They never speak
Not even their Liverpool supporting CEO speaks
They leave it to the fans like you and me to fight it out whilst the team goes south and the bottom line goes up

The biggest disappointment for the club on Tuesday(let's not lose sight of that please) is that the club will have to pay a fine for arriving late and 3 fines for the United fans that ran on the pitch to honour Ronaldo



User avatar
Sigmar
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 238
Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:36 pm

Re: Pre/Post Match Discussion: Champions League vs Juventus (h)

Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:45 pm

raycreative wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:37 am
Sigmar wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:01 pm
raycreative wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:44 pm
Goodness me
Yet another non going or barely going United fan that is happy to put the blame down to the manager,the plyers who left,the moon not rising from the west etc etc
The above is so out of touch with reality it is almost lauahable
Yes Ronaldo missed a penalty in the champions league final but that was just after he scored an important goal in the same game
John Terry also missed a penalty,one that ultimately cost them the trophy but he was still a top top class centre half.Compared to Smalling or Lindelof he was Roy of the Rovers
So how many champions league and domestic league and world club championships has Ronaldo won
I always knew which Ronaldo would turn up just as i know which Lukaku will turn up
Yes that's the Lukaku who goal scoring you mentioned in an earlier post
Quite hard to mention actually as he hasn't scored a goal at home all season.
But if you're happy good luck and i suggest you move the cullinder from your eyes so you can see what an average mid table pile of shit this club has become and still continues to slide
At least under the Edwards, who were no great hero's btw we invested in players and they actually came to the games and they actually spoke to and helped the managers

Hope you had a good night with your classmates.
What's the excuse for Sunday against Everton?
WTF are you on about, it doesn't matter whether you go to game or not, in fact there is a good argument that you get a better view on TV, than you do from row z in the thrid tier of the north stand, or even from row z at the back of the stretty, and yes I have sat in both.
FYI before I moved further south it used to cost me £3k a year to watch united, I still get to as many games as I can, but work and days off restrict the amount of times I can attend now.
I'm not the one out of touch with reality, you are, by a country mile.
You always knew which Ronaldo would turn up, give me a break, not even Fergie knew that !

I was going to Old Trafford when it was second division football, and I stood through quite a few games when we were 'mid table shite' under the Edwards family, and they spent money, big money in the day, every manager that has come to United has had money to spend.
The more I read your posts the more I get the impression you are a JCL who blames the Glazers for everything that happens at OT, well get that old Norwich scarf and throw it on the fire, the Glazers have backed the last three managers with more money than sense, and that being so there is one person to point the finger at, and that is Mourinho, he bought a lot of that 'pile of shit' including the lampost.
I can accept your argument of you never knew which Ronaldo would turn up.
Would it be just the great one or the top world class one.
Either was acceptable to me just as "which George Best would turn up?"
You will know him well having seen him be part of a team that went down a division
Shite or not that was a team that didn't just accept it's fate.It tried to rebuild the team
It did rebuild the team
It redeveloped its youth policy that has been so vital to this club since the 1930's
They invited schoolteachers to the games as the clubs guests to keep them on board
This lot got rid of Paul Scholes two seasons ago because they said they couldn't afford his expenses.Did you know that?

So it's all the managers faults is it?
They back him with untold wealth do they?
How do you know that?
How do you know it is the managers that buy these players?
Why did Jose openly say that he asked for 5 specific defenders last transfer window(March actually) and note that he got none
Why did Woodward not deny that?
Players do indeed come to United but what do they all have in common.Answer defenders are unknown are midfielders and forwards pass the commercial shirt selling test.
It is a total scattergun approach
So you used to spend £3k a year did you?
That is no interest to this brand.One tourist or pilgrim plus his wife spend that on one game
Forget the green and gold scarf shit as well
They have their noses in the Glazers trough as well although it is funny to see a tourist buy and wear one on a matchday with no idea of what it means

I have no idea of what the Glazers long term plan for this club is.They never speak
Not even their Liverpool supporting CEO speaks
They leave it to the fans like you and me to fight it out whilst the team goes south and the bottom line goes up

The biggest disappointment for the club on Tuesday(let's not lose sight of that please) is that the club will have to pay a fine for arriving late and 3 fines for the United fans that ran on the pitch to honour Ronaldo
You need to remove those rose tinted glasses if you think Ronaldo had a good game every time he put on a United shirt.
As for George Best, he never got the protection from the media in his formative years that Ferguson rightly afforded the class of '92, in those far off halcyon days, the more senior players were charged with taking the youngsters under their wing, but the media got to Best, of course you wouldn't know about alcohol addiction, ( his mother was an alcoholic too).
You really are a see you next tuesday, dismissing the hard earned money of any United fan in that way, a truly JCL comment.

Perhaps the reason Jose didn't get the players he wanted is because the board and the owners thought that maybe just maybe, they had backed him enough already, this happens in football, then managers get sacked.

Livertpool supporting CEO, FFS you are a JCL, Martin Edwards preferred to go an watch his son play rugby on a Saturday afternoon than sit in the stands at OT !
If a club can't be bothered to arrive on time for a home game then they should be fined, Juve managed to be there, as did most of the fans.
Three idiots mamaged to get past 300 security, of course the club deserves to be fined.
The biggest disappointment on Tuesday is that despite this loss we are still second in the group.


Life is what you have to put up with when you are not dead

User avatar
raycreative
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 138
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:03 pm

Re: Pre/Post Match Discussion: Champions League vs Juventus (h)

Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:39 am

bullet point answers
Juventus were also late arriving at the ground.
United only stayed at the hotel at Lancashire Cricket Club but the road was that gridlocked that the 300 yard journey took an hour.The club would not pay for a police escort

Ronaldo obviously did not perform brilliantly every game.Neither did Pele nor Stan Matthews or the Lawman or bobby Charlton etc but the point i am making is players like Lukaku are not capable of getting close to that level

George Best i refuse to discuss with you.
George and i used to go out together with Mike Summerbee and Waggie.I refuse to comment on him with you

Believe it r believe it not.Woodward is a massive Liverpool fan.How the hell you can deny something with no personal knowledge shows your level of understanding

You think the club might have decided they have backed Jose enough.
Then why do they let him stay on when he clearly wants to leave as does Pogba as does Martial(who btw has refused today to sign a contract and leaves in 6 months on a free with nobody in place to take his position.
And that's not discussing DDG who also won't sign a new contract
Who the f**k is left unless they will play a Glazer on the wing?

Martin Edwards was not a lover of United,i agree which is why he sold it.
His father loved the club though



User avatar
Glorio
International Player
International Player
Posts: 2275
Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2007 12:36 am

Re: Pre/Post Match Discussion: Champions League vs Juventus (h)

Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:06 am

Granted, this open question as to who is in charge of identifying transfers needs to be answered, and I don't know for sure.

However, LVG supposedly signed a certain type of player, usually smaller (he liked to call them thinkers even if there was hardly any evidence of that), but then José comes in, and we start seeing a different type of player -
If you look at Matic, Pogba, Zlatan, Lukaku, Bailly; they are big, sturdy units - the kind that José has always tended to like, so in that regard it does appear to me that these managers have a big say in who we buy, and who we don't. I'm not sure about Mkhi and Fred - he never seemed to trust either of them too much anyway. Apart from that, there is little evidence to suggest that the managers are not sanctioning the purchases


There is only one GOLDEN BOY

User avatar
raycreative
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 138
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:03 pm

Re: Pre/Post Match Discussion: Champions League vs Juventus (h)

Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:44 am

Glorio wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:06 am
Granted, this open question as to who is in charge of identifying transfers needs to be answered, and I don't know for sure.

However, LVG supposedly signed a certain type of player, usually smaller (he liked to call them thinkers even if there was hardly any evidence of that), but then José comes in, and we start seeing a different type of player -
If you look at Matic, Pogba, Zlatan, Lukaku, Bailly; they are big, sturdy units - the kind that José has always tended to like, so in that regard it does appear to me that these managers have a big say in who we buy, and who we don't. I'm not sure about Mkhi and Fred - he never seemed to trust either of them too much anyway. Apart from that, there is little evidence to suggest that the managers are not sanctioning the purchases
Your logic is very sound and i can't disagree but i would ask a few questions that nobody has the answer to due to the lack of communication from above of any sort,especially about policy and ambition
Matic was a steal and i am convinced that as Jose knew the player very well and i suspect would have been communicating closely with him i strongly believe that was a full Jose signing
Pogba ticks everybody's boxes-A world cup winner who knew United from his youth days.Why they let him go as opposed to paying him a decent salary is beyond football logic.Once he became available again i am sure Jose was happy to have him.The sponsors were happy to have him and as he was always going to pay for himself in shirt sales the Glazers were happy to have him
Zlatan was already done when he joined us.All his better years were behind him and although he will always score goals he is very very short term.I believe he was a Woodwatd/Glazer shirt seller who was always going to pay for himself
Lukaku-I don't know of one Everton fan,including Wayne Rooneys father who was upset to see him leave Goodison.Now if that is the case then why would a top quality winning manager like Jose want him.I believe that he was bought as part of a deal that stopped United paying Wazza's huge salary whilst at the same time balancing the books for what Everton owed United for Schneiderlin and Michael Keane
Bailly-Again i have no idea who would have scouted him.He has many errors in him.Is Jose such a bad judge or is it another reason
Mikki is just a shirt seller-Woodward told the investors that.His shirt sales had trebled since he joined United.Funny how he felt obliged to say that
Fred_nobody else was after him but we "alledgedly" paid a kings ransom and now Jose won't entertain him,That can't be a Jose signing

And finally why is Jose so adamant that he gave Mr Woodward a list of 5 defenders names and got none and why is Woodward so quiet?



Return to “U-N-I-T-E-D”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users