Next Match: Image
FC Astana in the Europa League.
Thursday 19th September 2019, KO 20:00 BST.
raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player

Sanchez

Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:34 am

It's being reported that his agent is punting him around Europe to drum up interest
The way he is playing i wouldn't be sorry to see him go but i have a felling he is a bit like Pogba who becomes a different player when he is playing with class players with pace and control around him
If he does want off that will present Woodward with a big problem
It was only a couple of weeks ago at the important shareholders conference call that Woodward announced that Sanchez's shirt sales had tripled in a year since joining United
Now that is important

raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player

Re: Sanchez

Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:57 am

looks like they might have interest from PSG for the January window
That will save United a fortune in wages as they won't replace him

SUBXERO
International Player
International Player

Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:31 pm

The question is if we do need a replacement at all for someone who is surplus to requirements.

UNITED > ENGLAND

raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player

Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:18 pm

SUBXERO wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:31 pm
The question is if we do need a replacement at all for someone who is surplus to requirements.
Well that's music to the Glazers ears

Sell him for what?
About £75m and save his wages of between £400k and 500k a week
Why replace him
After all when Mata and Herrara both leave at the end of the season as there contracts are up and Pogba gets sold as well as Martial then we will be left witha midfield of
Matic,MacTominay,Fellaini and Perrara
Sound good does it?

Up front with Lukaku suggesting he wants off we will be left with Jesse and Rashford and now DDG has said he won't sign it looks like we will have to rely on Romero

All is rosy in the garden!!

SUBXERO
International Player
International Player

Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:29 pm

All players mentioned could indeed possibly leave but will they really leave en masse? I'm struggling not to think of the possibility that some if not most of them would rather stay once Jose is shown the door.

UNITED > ENGLAND

raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player

Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:08 am

SUBXERO wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:29 pm
All players mentioned could indeed possibly leave but will they really leave en masse? I'm struggling not to think of the possibility that some if not most of them would rather stay once Jose is shown the door.
Ut will be interesting to see if they don't like Jose,don't like the lack of ambition of this club or both

Jose won't be around much longer.
He is doing his best to antagonize the Glazers/Woodward
He has been told privately to stop talking about players he wants or doesn't want
The first thing he does is tell the press conference yesterday that Zlatan coming back to help out is impossible
That's not what i am hearing
There is money to be made in November,December and January with merchandise sales with Zlatan

Wait and see

Kinnell
Academy Player
Academy Player

Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:15 am

I get the feeling that his 'injury' is one of convenience. :x

raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player

Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:11 pm

Kinnell wrote:
Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:15 am
I get the feeling that his 'injury' is one of convenience. :x
I can't disagree, but he needs to play if he wants away as i believe he does

ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter

Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:24 pm

Based on his performance since arriving at United and his last season at Arsenal will anyone want to pickup his salary? The only way I see him leaving is either his voluntarily take a big pay cut or we subsidize him for a few years.

I can't believe it. I can't believe it. Football. Bloody hell.

Glorio
International Player
International Player

Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:48 am

Tbh, Sanchez was poor in his last season at Arsenal, and people put it down to him having a sulk.

It's possible his demise had already started. Sanchez's game is based mostly on pace and tenacity, he was never the "silky player with the delicate touch", and thus with age catching up, what we saw in his last season at Arsenal may have well been the real Sanchez. I still think he can do a job as the main striker if this team somehow started playing further up the pitch.

There is only one GOLDEN BOY

Glorio
International Player
International Player

Tue Aug 27, 2019 6:53 pm

Shadow of the player he should be, but it would be extremely idiotic to let him leave after doing the same with Lukaku with no replacement for either

There is only one GOLDEN BOY

raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player

Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:00 pm

Glorio wrote:
Shadow of the player he should be, but it would be extremely idiotic to let him leave after doing the same with Lukaku with no replacement for either
Idiotic!!
In what way.
Forget football the Glazers are just trying to find a way of getting a quick £10 million plus and save a chunk of wages
Who needs a replacemnt?
We have Chong and an ageing Mata

Wait and see

Devil Pikney
Lifetime Supporter
Lifetime Supporter

Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:00 pm

From Sky Sports

"Inter Milan have agreed a deal with Manchester United to sign Alexis Sanchez on loan, Sky Sports News understands.

The 10-month deal will cost Manchester United around £6m and Inter have not agreed an option to buy Sanchez at the end of the season.

The Serie A side are expected to contribute around €5m (£4.5m) of the Chile forward's salary, according to Sky in Italy, and he is set to arrive in Milan on Wednesday for a medical."

Financial wheeling and dealing must be very different in England as compared to anywhere else in the world :headbang:

Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;None but ourselves can free our minds.

"Eric Cantona is a great player, but he's not as good as Ryan Giggs" - Johan Cruyff

"Maybe one day people will say I was another Ryan Giggs" - George Best

Dante
Referee
Referee

Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:27 pm

Glorio wrote:
Don't worry, we have a like for like replacement. A cardboard cut out of him stuck on top of a remote controlled car. To accurately simulate his performance, the person controlling the car won't be in the stadium, or even have access to a television. They will have a radio, but the commentary will be in Welsh.

Ole
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain

Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:07 pm

Dante wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:27 pm
Glorio wrote:
Don't worry, we have a like for like replacement. A cardboard cut out of him stuck on top of a remote controlled car. To accurately simulate his performance, the person controlling the car won't be in the stadium, or even have access to a television. They will have a radio, but the commentary will be in Welsh.
:laugh:

raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player

Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:27 pm

Replacement waiting to come

Zlatan the shirtseller says he will be available as his contract in America ends in November

Of course Ed Woodward's spin doctors have said that we are not interested in him however i suspect that might be a Donald Trump type lie
You can see it now
If we don't improve(and we won't) by November the Zlatan the shirt seller will be back
All the usual bull shit one lines
"he loves and misses the club"
"it is only short term"
etc etc

Ole hasn't got the balls or the experience to say no to Ed Woodward so in he will come
His contract will be until the end of May with a percentage of shirt sales
The entire Xmas campaign will be about "buy little Johnny a Zlatan shirt" "final chance as he is retiring shortly" "let him know you love him"
The emails will fly out for "limited availability for a Bobby Charlton for the boxing day game"
I don't know why they don't go the whole hog and try and get Zkatan and Wayne Looney back for 4 months.That would keep all the tourists and pilgrims happy and the megastore might sell out
FFS

Dante
Referee
Referee

Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:50 am

In fairness, he's a better option than Sanchez. He struggled after his knee injury, but he's in much better shape now. Obviously the MLS is not of the standard of the Premier League, but but you can see his movement and positioning are still on point, and his striking is lethal. I think he'd score enough to justify his return, and I can't see him carrying on past this season.

raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player

Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:40 pm

Dante wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 10:50 am
In fairness, he's a better option than Sanchez. He struggled after his knee injury, but he's in much better shape now. Obviously the MLS is not of the standard of the Premier League, but but you can see his movement and positioning are still on point, and his striking is lethal. I think he'd score enough to justify his return, and I can't see him carrying on past this season.
Same comments as Rooney and Scweinsteiger so why aren't we after them as well
If you are attempting to justify Zlatans return becuaseof his playing ability at his age after playing a season at testimonial game level then you have been converted to what this club expects
We should be in for Mbappe or Neymar ability type players

raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player

Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:46 pm

and another one off the payroll
Glazernomics at its finest yet again

I have no problem with playing without Smalling although he would have come in handy at his level,by playing against Rochdale
Also yet again no replacement

So with the savings of the wages of Herrara,Valencia,Lukaku,Smalling and the reductions in wages to Young and Mata is ANYBODY under the slightest illusion that we are claiming to have backed Ole to the tune of £150m so far

Diatribe or Glazernomics.You decide

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:15 pm

raycreative wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:27 pm
Replacement waiting to come

Zlatan the shirtseller says he will be available as his contract in America ends in November

Of course Ed Woodward's spin doctors have said that we are not interested in him however i suspect that might be a Donald Trump type lie
You can see it now
If we don't improve(and we won't) by November the Zlatan the shirt seller will be back
All the usual bull shit one lines
"he loves and misses the club"
"it is only short term"
etc etc

Ole hasn't got the balls or the experience to say no to Ed Woodward so in he will come
His contract will be until the end of May with a percentage of shirt sales
The entire Xmas campaign will be about "buy little Johnny a Zlatan shirt" "final chance as he is retiring shortly" "let him know you love him"
The emails will fly out for "limited availability for a Bobby Charlton for the boxing day game"
I don't know why they don't go the whole hog and try and get Zkatan and Wayne Looney back for 4 months.That would keep all the tourists and pilgrims happy and the megastore might sell out
FFS
I would take Zlatan back in a heartbeat. Not only do I think he could still deliver, but it would be good for some of these young, pansy-ass players see a professional that works his ass off and dedicates himself to his sport.

"Make America Great Again!"

Dante
Referee
Referee

Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:28 pm

All I'm saying is that Sanchez currently has the ability of the All-Priests five-a-side Over-75s Indoor Challenge players. Ibra is clearly well above that.

What do you think the chances of an Mbappe or Neymar type player being available in January, for any team are?

We've had Evra and Vidic who in retrospect were great signings, but at the time no one would have said they were amongst the best players in the world. The biggest deal I can think of is Torres to Chelsea, and well that didn't exactly turn out well.

raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player

Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:04 pm

And the last two posts make my point

Ben would take Zlatan in a heartbeat
Why??
Apart from the effort he would put in he no longer has anything to offer at the top level
That is why he is playing and finishing his career in the MLS.It might have well have been the Chinese league or the Oz league
He would offer not a thing to City,Liverpool,Madrid,Barca,PSG,Bayern,Milan etc etc etc
The sheer fact we are considering him and even debating it shows how pathetic our expectation now is
As i say we might as well go for Wayne Looney as well who will also work his balls off and kiss badges at the appropriate moments
Ronney is Derby standard so what standard do you think Zlatan currently is
And equally as important what standard is United currently?
Yes get shut of Lukaku but why wait until after the English transfer window has closed and not replace him.I will tell you Glazernomics
We have a cheap option in Mason Greenwood and he looks like he is going to have to play 20 games plus
Same at left back with Ashley Young.We now will get a kid playing for the next 2 months whilst Shaw is out
Now Sanchez has gone we need a cheap option.Step up Chong!!

And Dante,to say we have been shit in the transfer market is a no brainer
To compare to Torres is a poor comparison
Why not compare to the current City and Liverpool recruitment and even to the last 3 years of David Gill and then just say what everybody and you know but you get bored with saying
Woodward is shit,either on purpose or not and without a director of football(who ain't coming a coz he costs money and will want control) and with a manager like Ole who is showing he is either weak or toeing the party line (as he is happy to get £21m and then call it a day) we are still going backwards.We have been for the entire Glazer tenure.
It is just people are now noticing it but it really doesn't matter as they are 4000 miles away and don't give a fornicate and aren't going anywhere
Bolton couldn't happen to us.COULD IT??

Devil Pikney
Lifetime Supporter
Lifetime Supporter

Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:40 am

Dante wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 5:28 pm
All I'm saying is that Sanchez currently has the ability of the All-Priests five-a-side Over-75s Indoor Challenge players. Ibra is clearly well above that.

What do you think the chances of an Mbappe or Neymar type player being available in January, for any team are?

We've had Evra and Vidic who in retrospect were great signings, but at the time no one would have said they were amongst the best players in the world. The biggest deal I can think of is Torres to Chelsea, and well that didn't exactly turn out well.

Actually I thought that turned out pretty well :whistle:

Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;None but ourselves can free our minds.

"Eric Cantona is a great player, but he's not as good as Ryan Giggs" - Johan Cruyff

"Maybe one day people will say I was another Ryan Giggs" - George Best

Dante
Referee
Referee

Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:00 am

I wasn't saying that we've been shit in the transfer market, although we largely have. I was saying top quality players are rarely available in January windows.

Aside from Torres, who was thought of as a genuinely top player at the time of the transfer, who else has moved mid season? There's Costa, but Chelsea tried to get rid of him in the summer, and eventually agreed to sell him back to Atletico in September, so it's a bit different.

raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player

Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:55 pm

Dante wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:00 am
I wasn't saying that we've been shit in the transfer market, although we largely have. I was saying top quality players are rarely available in January windows.

Aside from Torres, who was thought of as a genuinely top player at the time of the transfer, who else has moved mid season? There's Costa, but Chelsea tried to get rid of him in the summer, and eventually agreed to sell him back to Atletico in September, so it's a bit different.

So you have bought into the Glazernomics of "there's no value in the winter transfer window"

And you excuse/argument for not doing anything in the last 4 or 5 summer tranfer windows bar a few lastminute.com tranfers would be?? :laugh: :laugh:

We all acknowledged that about 8 players needed to go last summer AND be replaced
Even Ole told you that
Then he gave them one last chance so wasn't going to replace them
Then the English transfer window shut and now Ed Woodward has let them go leaving Ole muttering something about "giving youth a chance" and "some we have let go o9n loan but they will come back better players" FFS

This club is acting like it has big cash flow problems.I would love to know the truth

Return to “U-N-I-T-E-D”