Loading...
Next Match: Image
Internazionale in a Pre-Season Friendly.
Saturday 20th July 2019, KO 12:30 BST.
User avatar
ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 6231
Joined: Sun May 26, 2013 1:12 pm

Re: Proud to Announce

Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:26 pm

Relly wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:15 pm
How fornicate stupid is this board? Honestly?? This jackass has been ruining the board for years. He is constantly banned, then shortly comes back with a new account. And then the mods say, we can't ban him, it's a different account. You've banned him 20 times, he shouldn't be given chances, first time someone figures out a new account is him it should be immediately banned. fornicate ridiculous. And this is why you won't get a cent out of me for donations anymore.
For a long while had resisted putting anyone on my FOE list on the premise that everyone is entitled to their opinions. However, when every thread become ruined by a user re-hashing their viewpoint over and over and tries to make their opinion the only acceptable one on the board, then you are faced with fewer and fewer options on handling the situation. Eventually the FOE list is the only option left, this still allows the individual to post illogical rants, but I do not have to see or read them unless I want to. Unfortunately, I still see their posts whenever when someone quotes them, but if that becomes intolerable, I can allows add other used id’s the FOE list and if that becomes too burdensome there and many other Manchester United boards available.

As far as banning Ray from the board yet again: usually after this length of time Ray has gotten into his; bigoted, xenophobic, homophobic and just plain general hater mode. This reincarnation he is limiting hisself to tedious, boring and repeated rant of how much he hates the Glazers, their ownership and how shitty they are of United (and because of the Glazers how shitty the United team is). Ray is entitled to his opinion and as long he doesn’t direct his hatred at board member there is no reason to complain or ban him. When he directs his hate at individuals, or groups, based solely on their disagreement with, then use the “Report this post ⚑” icon and the mods can/will look into the matter.

Personally, I will not be seeing Ray’s post.


I can't believe it. I can't believe it. Football. Bloody hell.

Dante
Referee
Referee
Posts: 8960
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 5:16 pm

Re: Proud to Announce

Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:56 pm

raycreative wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:52 am
I try to contribute my knowledge to this board to give you an insight at what is the truth at Old Trafford
No one cares about the Glazers. We want to hear your knowledge of football, not corporate packages.


Image

User avatar
Sigmar
Reserve
Reserve
Posts: 445
Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:36 pm

Re: Proud to Announce

Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:07 pm

ArizonaRed wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:26 pm
Relly wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:15 pm
How fornicate stupid is this board? Honestly?? This jackass has been ruining the board for years. He is constantly banned, then shortly comes back with a new account. And then the mods say, we can't ban him, it's a different account. You've banned him 20 times, he shouldn't be given chances, first time someone figures out a new account is him it should be immediately banned. fornicate ridiculous. And this is why you won't get a cent out of me for donations anymore.
For a long while had resisted putting anyone on my FOE list on the premise that everyone is entitled to their opinions. However, when every thread become ruined by a user re-hashing their viewpoint over and over and tries to make their opinion the only acceptable one on the board, then you are faced with fewer and fewer options on handling the situation. Eventually the FOE list is the only option left, this still allows the individual to post illogical rants, but I do not have to see or read them unless I want to. Unfortunately, I still see their posts whenever when someone quotes them, but if that becomes intolerable, I can allows add other used id’s the FOE list and if that becomes too burdensome there and many other Manchester United boards available.

As far as banning Ray from the board yet again: usually after this length of time Ray has gotten into his; bigoted, xenophobic, homophobic and just plain general hater mode. This reincarnation he is limiting hisself to tedious, boring and repeated rant of how much he hates the Glazers, their ownership and how shitty they are of United (and because of the Glazers how shitty the United team is). Ray is entitled to his opinion and as long he doesn’t direct his hatred at board member there is no reason to complain or ban him. When he directs his hate at individuals, or groups, based solely on their disagreement with, then use the “Report this post ⚑” icon and the mods can/will look into the matter.

Personally, I will not be seeing Ray’s post.
So taking the piss out of a veteran who served this country, and protected his ass for a good few years, isn't good reason to ban him, and carry on banning him every time he respawns ?
I would have loved to take up his invite to 'meet him' it's just that I don't want to serve a prison sentence on his account.
The bloke is a parasite, for the good of this fourm, he has to go, if none of the MOD's or Admin have the bollocks to do it, make me a MOD and I will happily hit the ban button.


Life is what you have to put up with when you are not dead

User avatar
Sigmar
Reserve
Reserve
Posts: 445
Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:36 pm

Re: Proud to Announce

Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:08 pm

Dante wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:56 pm
raycreative wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:52 am
I try to contribute my knowledge to this board to give you an insight at what is the truth at Old Trafford
No one cares about the Glazers. We want to hear your knowledge of football, not corporate packages.
He doesn't have any football knowledge, why else does he cointinually impart his diatribe on the board ?


Life is what you have to put up with when you are not dead

User avatar
Sigmar
Reserve
Reserve
Posts: 445
Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:36 pm

Re: Proud to Announce

Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:14 pm

Relly wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:15 pm
How fornicate stupid is this board? Honestly?? This jackass has been ruining the board for years. He is constantly banned, then shortly comes back with a new account. And then the mods say, we can't ban him, it's a different account. You've banned him 20 times, he shouldn't be given chances, first time someone figures out a new account is him it should be immediately banned. fornicate ridiculous. And this is why you won't get a cent out of me for donations anymore.
He's the reason I'm not donating, and a few others I guess.
There used to be a MOD rule on here that if a banned member re-spawned, as soon as he was identified ( and be honest Ray would give himself away in his first post) he was banned again, but it seems that the board is so desperate for members, they will allow anything to go on.

NB:
I bet Ray has replied to your post, quoting or misquoting some shit..................yes he is that predictable.


Life is what you have to put up with when you are not dead

Ole
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain
Posts: 3737
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:41 pm

Re: Proud to Announce

Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:42 pm

ArizonaRed wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:26 pm
Ray is entitled to his opinion and as long he doesn’t direct his hatred at board member there is no reason to complain or ban him. When he directs his hate at individuals, or groups, based solely on their disagreement with, then use the “Report this post ⚑” icon and the mods can/will look into the matter.

Personally, I will not be seeing Ray’s post.
To be fair, no-one has reported him.



User avatar
Sigmar
Reserve
Reserve
Posts: 445
Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:36 pm

Re: Proud to Announce

Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:45 pm

Ole wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:42 pm
ArizonaRed wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:26 pm
Ray is entitled to his opinion and as long he doesn’t direct his hatred at board member there is no reason to complain or ban him. When he directs his hate at individuals, or groups, based solely on their disagreement with, then use the “Report this post ⚑” icon and the mods can/will look into the matter.

Personally, I will not be seeing Ray’s post.
To be fair, no-one has reported him.
You want an offical report, isn't mocking the service of a veteran reason enough to ban him ?


Life is what you have to put up with when you are not dead

User avatar
ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 6231
Joined: Sun May 26, 2013 1:12 pm

Re: Proud to Announce

Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:21 pm

Ole wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:42 pm
ArizonaRed wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:26 pm
Ray is entitled to his opinion and as long he doesn’t direct his hatred at board member there is no reason to complain or ban him. When he directs his hate at individuals, or groups, based solely on their disagreement with, then use the “Report this post ⚑” icon and the mods can/will look into the matter.

Personally, I will not be seeing Ray’s post.
To be fair, no-one has reported him.
Theres the answer, if you think a post is offensive then report it and the mods can take action, otherwise their hands are pretty much tied.


I can't believe it. I can't believe it. Football. Bloody hell.

User avatar
Devil Pikney
Lifetime Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Posts: 1555
Joined: Wed May 07, 2008 2:23 am

Re: Proud to Announce

Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:04 am

"Ray is entitled to his opinion and as long he doesn’t direct his hatred at board member there is no reason to complain or ban him. When he directs his hate at individuals, or groups, based solely on their disagreement with, then use the “Report this post ⚑” icon and the mods can/will look into the matter. "

Don't agree with you there Arizona....This is a Manchester United forum and while that also allows for criticism of the club, team,etc, if a dipper came on the forum and directed half as much insults and vitriol at the club as he does, the mods, without being asked would ban him instantly.



"To be fair, no-one has reported him."

That's interesting Ole..... basically you're saying that when you ban someone ,its basically of no consequence, because if they chose to come back under a different name everything that went on previously is forgiven?
And it can happen over and over as it has with this individual?
Then why bother to ban them period?



"Theres the answer, if you think a post is offensive then report it and the mods can take action, otherwise their hands are pretty much tied."


Well Arizona, I saw another member publicly voice an objection to his referring to United's women's team as lesbians and that seemed to be conveniently overlooked by the powers that be. Now I would think that a comment like that might be considered to be somewhat offensive and as it came from someone who has been banned on more than one occasion for being offensive!!!!!!!.....well it does kind of make you wonder what exactly would untie their hands.


Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;None but ourselves can free our minds.

"Eric Cantona is a great player, but he's not as good as Ryan Giggs" - Johan Cruyff

"Maybe one day people will say I was another Ryan Giggs" - George Best

User avatar
ArizonaRed
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 6231
Joined: Sun May 26, 2013 1:12 pm

Re: Proud to Announce

Thu Mar 07, 2019 6:00 pm

Devil Pikney wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:04 am
"Ray is entitled to his opinion and as long he doesn’t direct his hatred at board member there is no reason to complain or ban him. When he directs his hate at individuals, or groups, based solely on their disagreement with, then use the “Report this post ⚑” icon and the mods can/will look into the matter. "

Don't agree with you there Arizona....This is a Manchester United forum and while that also allows for criticism of the club, team,etc, if a dipper came on the forum and directed half as much insults and vitriol at the club as he does, the mods, without being asked would ban him instantly.



"To be fair, no-one has reported him."

That's interesting Ole..... basically you're saying that when you ban someone ,its basically of no consequence, because if they chose to come back under a different name everything that went on previously is forgiven?
And it can happen over and over as it has with this individual?
Then why bother to ban them period?



"Theres the answer, if you think a post is offensive then report it and the mods can take action, otherwise their hands are pretty much tied."


Well Arizona, I saw another member publicly voice an objection to his referring to United's women's team as lesbians and that seemed to be conveniently overlooked by the powers that be. Now I would think that a comment like that might be considered to be somewhat offensive and as it came from someone who has been banned on more than one occasion for being offensive!!!!!!!.....well it does kind of make you wonder what exactly would untie their hands.
In the past the Mods have had their collective arses chewed and been accused of acting on their own by banning a users because of their comment without anyone complaining. The official method for registering a complaint is to use the “Report this post ⚑” icon and present your view on why, in your opinion, the post is offensive. Using the icon sends a message specifically to the Mods as opposed to them having to read and evaluate every post, if you want the mods to look into a post used the ⚑ Icon.

I cannot imagine that the Mods would consider a difference of opinion as being a reason to ban someone.

In the past the mods have banned poster when it is obviously spam or trying to sell something. We have had users that support other teams and as long as they are civil and do spew hater for hate sake they are welcome.


I can't believe it. I can't believe it. Football. Bloody hell.

User avatar
Devil Pikney
Lifetime Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Posts: 1555
Joined: Wed May 07, 2008 2:23 am

Re: Proud to Announce

Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:17 am

"In the past the Mods have had their collective arses chewed and been accused of acting on their own by banning a users because of their comment without anyone complaining. The official method for registering a complaint is to use the “Report this post ⚑” icon and present your view on why, in your opinion, the post is offensive. Using the icon sends a message specifically to the Mods as opposed to them having to read and evaluate every post, if you want the mods to look into a post used the ⚑ Icon."
Other than in a couple of incidents which occurred a very long time ago and which involved mods who banned members because of personal disagreements, I can't think of any instances of the sort you mentioned here. I've seen previous instances where mods have banned persons based on their posts and not on any direct complaints so I'm not sure when that changed. As far as I'm aware, the job of the mods is to ensure the smooth running of the forum, not to win popularity contests or to try and achieve the impossible goal of pleasing everyone. Not really sure why this particular case, which was not previously treated differently, is now going to be an exception.



"I cannot imagine that the Mods would consider a difference of opinion as being a reason to ban someone."
I have no idea what you're talking about here, as I never suggested that anyone be banned for a difference of opinion. My point was that if a person has been banned, then the ban should be upheld. If the mods have decided that the ban is no longer necessary, then perhaps they should take the time to explain why to the forum.

"In the past the mods have banned poster when it is obviously spam or trying to sell something. We have had users that support other teams and as long as they are civil and do spew hater for hate sake they are welcome."
Couldn't agree more but what we have here is an individual who does nothing but spew hate and he is allowed to do so on every thread that he wishes to, even when the thread has nothing to do with the crap he's writing.


You Arizona have been one of our most prolific posters for quite a while now and your posts usually make for intelligent reading. Now a good number of your posts involve trading insults with the individual and you've pointed out in one of your posts that if the situation becomes too much of a bother to you, then there are other United forums. If mods can read that and not see that the forum is being negatively affected then there really is no hope.
Relly is a member who has controversial views and who has stirred many a hotly debated conversation but I never saw any of those conversations descend into the type of garbage this board has been exposed to every time this clown has been allowed free rein. Whether you agree with Relly's views or not, he's been on the Lounge for a long time and now he's basically stopped posting because of this individual.

Anyway man, I never intended to argue with you regarding this clown because he's not worth the time or effort. I give you lots of credit (Y) for defending the mods' failure to ban him, when you're one of the members that he has directed his crap at on a regular basis.

I don't plan to say anything more on the topic of this clown, so the mods are free to rebury their heads as deep as they'd like.


Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;None but ourselves can free our minds.

"Eric Cantona is a great player, but he's not as good as Ryan Giggs" - Johan Cruyff

"Maybe one day people will say I was another Ryan Giggs" - George Best

DaveMart
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 2548
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:25 pm

Re: Proud to Announce

Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:57 am

The poison and negativity of the Jose era has been blown away by Ole.

It would be good to see that reflected here.

Other forums I frequent, not football ones, have rules about personal attacks and blanket dismissals of other's views.

Perhaps something similar could be instituted here, with a totting up process so that persistent offenders get a ban.

When we get bad results, it is depressing enough anyway, without putting up with someone's clinical depression and bile.

Just a thought.

All sweetness and light would be boring, but constant streams of invective and hatred are more so.



Ole
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain
Posts: 3737
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:41 pm

Re: Proud to Announce

Fri Mar 08, 2019 10:11 am

DaveMart wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:57 am
All sweetness and light would be boring, but constant streams of invective and hatred are more so.
I like this quote.

I think there has to be a middle ground somewhere. Previously, we were probably guilty of the former and now, perhaps the latter.

We can post rules up so that no-one is in any doubt but to be honest, and with hindsight, the T&Cs that everyone signs up to when they join, probably cover it.

https://www.unitedlounge.com/ucp.php?mode=terms



User avatar
Sigmar
Reserve
Reserve
Posts: 445
Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:36 pm

Re: Proud to Announce

Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:43 pm

IMHO he has crossed the line on seral occasions and should be taken to task over it.

His continual mocking of members for having an alternate view is frankly annoying.
His comment on the womens team and referring to them as "Lesbians" in itself should have warranted a ban
The continual mockery of my armed forces service is personal.

Do I have to go back through every post where these things happen and flag then to get him an enforced holiday, or do I do what a lot of others do and simly stop posting.


Life is what you have to put up with when you are not dead

User avatar
Relly
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 6415
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:41 am

Re: Proud to Announce

Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:34 pm

raycreative wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:52 am
Relly wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 7:15 pm
How fornicate stupid is this board? Honestly?? This jackass has been ruining the board for years. He is constantly banned, then shortly comes back with a new account. And then the mods say, we can't ban him, it's a different account. You've banned him 20 times, he shouldn't be given chances, first time someone figures out a new account is him it should be immediately banned. fornicate ridiculous. And this is why you won't get a cent out of me for donations anymore.
You sound more like Donald Trump every day

"You've banned him 20 times" :laugh: :laugh:
Actually i believe it is 3 times but as a Trumper the bigger the number the better isn't it?

I try to contribute my knowledge to this board to give you an insight at what is the truth at Old Trafford
As a Trumper i assume you struggle a lot with the truth even when it kicks you in the bollockss
So you won't give a cent to the board any more will you not
Then i will take the slack up and make the relevant donation at the appropriate time
I feel sure your resignation will come at that moment won't it
And take the Lovely Man with you

FFS wake up and smell the coffee and realise how and where this club is going
How fornicate pathetic are you that you want to keep returning to a board of 5 people, 4 of which hate your guts?

I just want to watch football and enjoy it, and then come on here and discuss it with like minded people (in terms of football, settle down Brent!), maybe have the odd debate about the skillset of a certain player. I don't give a fornicate about the ball boy, the tea lady, what a fornicate sandwich costs in the canteen, or that there are too many Asians in the stands.


"Make America Great Again!"

User avatar
Relly
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 6415
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:41 am

Re: Proud to Announce

Fri Mar 08, 2019 11:45 pm

ArizonaRed wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 5:21 pm
Ole wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:42 pm
ArizonaRed wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:26 pm
Ray is entitled to his opinion and as long he doesn’t direct his hatred at board member there is no reason to complain or ban him. When he directs his hate at individuals, or groups, based solely on their disagreement with, then use the “Report this post ⚑” icon and the mods can/will look into the matter.

Personally, I will not be seeing Ray’s post.
To be fair, no-one has reported him.
Theres the answer, if you think a post is offensive then report it and the mods can take action, otherwise their hands are pretty much tied.
There hands aren't tied, it's their board. Also, there are like 5 or 6 active members of this board and going through this thread it seems like all of them want Ray gone, so what's the issue?


"Make America Great Again!"

DaveMart
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 2548
Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2012 11:25 pm

Re: Proud to Announce

Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:19 am

The forum is small so it is difficult to ban people.
But perhaps it is mutually reinforcing.

If I were a first time visitor, and saw umpteen posts by the same user on a mission against the management of the club and anyone who disagrees with him, and a constant stream of bitterness I would simply say 'I'm outy'

Things can always get heated on the web, which is part of the fun, but there are limits which in my view need respecting, which necessarily entails enforcing them.

Of course, everyone always imagines they can do the job better than the mods, but that would be my respectful suggestion.

Those who won't listen must be made to listen.

Of course, the shame is that when he actually talks about the football, Ray can be a useful contributor.

But it is up to him to sort himself out, so that we can have fun and discuss football, however uninformed our views may be, especially in my case!



User avatar
Relly
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 6415
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:41 am

Re: Proud to Announce

Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:05 pm

Seems like Ray has read this thread and taken it to heart. No posts from him in a week and the board already seems better.


"Make America Great Again!"

User avatar
raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player
Posts: 637
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:03 pm

Re: Proud to Announce

Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:39 am

thanks for your kind words Ben

It's a good job that not everybody agrees with you on everything you say or think
I believe you also have a tad of opposition also on your feelings for Trump



User avatar
raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player
Posts: 637
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:03 pm

Re: Proud to Announce

Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:44 pm

Relly wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:05 pm
Seems like Ray has read this thread and taken it to heart. No posts from him in a week and the board already seems better.

Just realised what Sandies said in another thread
"You are more pathetic than any of others thought"
:clap: :clap: :clap:



User avatar
Sigmar
Reserve
Reserve
Posts: 445
Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:36 pm

Re: Proud to Announce

Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:16 am

Relly wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:05 pm
Seems like Ray has read this thread and taken it to heart. No posts from him in a week and the board already seems better.
Unfortunately like a dose of untreated clap he is back, and naturally he is probably attacking someone, be it Ed, the Glazers, the tea boy or some member of the board.
What he can't do is move on, and he also cannot comprehend that the days when a pint cost 25p are gone, and for teams to survive they need to do more than sell hot dogs full of dodgy meat to make money. He I think would prefer to get rid of all the corporate nonsense, all the sponsors, and play Torquay in the National League ( South).

I don't post as much as I would like because I'm fed up of the barrage of insults from him, any prospective posters would be put off by that instantly.


Life is what you have to put up with when you are not dead

User avatar
raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player
Posts: 637
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:03 pm

Re: Proud to Announce

Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:25 pm

The Harlem Globetrotters United are on the march again

Pre season games were proudly announced today
To add to the two games in Perth(20 hours + Flight)
they then move on to Singapore to play Inter(5 hours plus flight) followed by another 5 hours plus flight to play Spurs in Shanghai.
Both games in the mighty Charlie Stillitano(Ed Woodward's mate) prestigious Champions world trophy(How anybody can currently consider United and Spurs as champions is beyond me!!)
Finally a 11 hours plus flight to play in Cardiff

Tell me again Goku about the players looking tired in the last few weeks :laugh: :laugh:



User avatar
raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player
Posts: 637
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:03 pm

Re: Proud to Announce

Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:59 pm

Ladies team have slaughtered Villa ladies(using the term loosely)and as such the club are proud to honour them and look forward to the lucrative pre season tour to the USA
What more can United fans want



User avatar
raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player
Posts: 637
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:03 pm

Re: Proud to Announce

Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:31 pm

Nobody from MUTV,the clubs official chanell is going on the pre season tour
Richard Arnold has deemed it too expensive to take 2 commentators and two cameramen on a plane that is being paid for by thye sponsors

So Ben tell me again how 500 Norwegians money is not important wjen we can't affprd,alledgedly to pay for two hotel rooms
Where is the fornicate money going?????



User avatar
raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player
Posts: 637
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:03 pm

Re: Proud to Announce

Fri May 03, 2019 7:21 am

Got an email last night from the ticket office to tell me that all season tickets for next season 2019/20 have been sold(i have been on the waiting list fr a season ticket for 10 years)
To stay on the waiting list for season 2020/21 i must pay them £32.50 for a membership and if i wanted to improve my chances i should pay a further £950 in advance

Now either they think i/other applicants are stupid or they tell more lies than Donald Trump,if that is possible or they really have sold everything for next season

Which do you think it is?



Return to “U-N-I-T-E-D”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users