Next Match: Image
Cardiff City in the Premier League.
Saturday 22nd December 2018, KO 17:30 UTC.
Sigmar
Academy Player
Academy Player

Shit Manager Shit players ......or both

Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:15 pm

First of all I want tp point out that I am not a fan of the Glazers and the way they hold the club to ransom.

I am bemused however that fans are turning on them once more and blaming them for the poor team we have had over the past few years.
  • The Glazers are not and never will be football experts, they still call it soccer FFS, yet since Ferguson left they have piled £600m in to the purchase of players for the club.

You can almost guarantee that they did not recommend any of those player purchases to the present or past managers.
    It's not even (in some cases) the manager who is to blame

Woodward is not a football man either, he is a bean counter and marketing expert, and if you are honest he is bloody good at that, he gets sponsors, where other clubs would dream of thinking of
So if it's not the Glazers, Woodward or the managers who is to blame for the crock of shit we now call a squad.

There is only one other group that can influence a manager to say to a CEO, " I want that player" and that is the scouts, yes it's as simple as that.

At the moment I could do the job they are doing, spotting the Sanchez's and Lukaku's is easy, no manager needs telling that Pogba is a good player, what I think is not happening is the discussion of how that player will fit into the squad, let alone the starting eleven.

For that reason and that reason alone I still don't think that Mourinho knows what his best starting eleven is, and the more he fornicate around the more the players and the squad become unsettled, they are not match fit, they may be able to run, jump and kick and kick a ball, but as the great Shankley said the best player run the first ten yards in their head, we saw that with all of Fergusons, and it's the same thing that is making City and now Liverpool so good.
We have players worth millions, they can kick ball accurately, but hardly any of them have a football brain, how often do we see a player arrive a yard too early or more often a yard too late in the box, Lukaku and Martial are prime examples, how often do we see a player busting a gut to make a 70 yard run into space, only for the player on the ball to pass it fivee yards sideways, as an ex player I know I would give it merry hell in the dressing room if that happened too often, in this United team it happens every game, just as we are getting on top, some idiot decides he's going to have shit game then the barriers are down, and before we know it, we humiliated in 1-1 draw with Wolves, or knocked out by Derby bloody County on penalties !

What makes David de Gea so good is that he can read the game, he has instinct, and it's the lack of that brain that makes a lot of our squad shit.

Life is what you have to put up with when you are not dead

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Shit Manager Shit players ......or both

Thu Sep 27, 2018 3:14 am

Manager who no longer wants to be there

Players who don’t give a flying fornicate

"Beckham... into Sheringham... and Solskjær has won it!"

raycreative
Academy Player
Academy Player

Re: Shit Manager Shit players ......or both

Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:12 am

I know it's only twitter but the Manchester Evening news are also suggesting that if DDG leaves we will sign Ryan,the Brighton keeper
How the mighty have fallen eh??
If that's our level which is to chase after a competent keeper,nothing more(and cheap) and bank the DDG money that will be further evidence,if any is needed on the greed of the arseholes that run this once great club

And whilst on the subject of money it is now announced that City have agreed to give Raheem Sterling £300k a week for 5 years
And he doesn't even sell shirts.The Glazers must be giggling their nuts off at the thought of any club wasting that much dividend money towards building a successful team
But that is now the level of commitment needed to get good players x 11

Return to “U-N-I-T-E-D”