Loading...
Next Match: Image
Cardiff City in the Premier League.
Saturday 22nd December 2018, KO 17:30 UTC.
User avatar
raycreative
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 138
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:03 pm

Re: Jose

Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:59 am

But did Jose buy Bailly and Lindelof or was he given them as a "it's them or nothing" option

We can argue all day long but as long as Woodward and the Glazers do not comment we will never know until Jose writes his book
You can only go off the clues that you are given which is Jose,clearly fuming with two days to go in the transfer window back in August stated that "nobody else was likely to come" "i have given Mr Woodward 5 names and he hasn't got any one of them"
I suspect it was typical Woodward/Glazer which is "how much do you want for Alderweld?"
"£60m"."We will give you £30m"

Just look at the way these clowns operate
Look at the Tampa Bay Buccs only last weekend
Yet another expected dicking and how do they react?
They fire the kicker,presumably saving a wage and get a free agent in his place

Sigmar?Mav says he never wanted Moyes nor did he want LVG(but gave him a chance and he has never liked Jose
So who does he want and if they were indeed wrong appointments then who appointed them and why and who is therefore to blame?

Quite simply put the manager should choose his own players,possibly aided by a professional director of football and stand or fall by that
I wonder how much the owners get involves in the playing side at Liverpool and Manchester City and Chelsea
We know they get involved at Arsenal at that is what we have become

Arsenal's entire season revolves round finishing 4th,beating Spurs and havinga cup run
We are now the same

Which is why Jose wants off as do Pogba and Martial
And these owners will happily let the lot go and bank the cash



RED3bution
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 669
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:20 am

Re: Jose

Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:50 pm

Sigmar wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:18 am
RED3bution wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:22 pm
I think you have laid out the beginnings of the argument Gary Neville was trying to make with Souness. The time has come when the question of who is responsible has become very undefined between players and manager. One may even venture to accuse the executive branch and still be validated especially in the transfer department. Hence Gary thinks the entire system needs redrawing from the ground up. I appreciate his perspective.

I don't believe a coach/manager should change their style just like that. I think players should though. If I were to liken the process to painting [which I do not claim to understand in any special way], the artist/painter is the coach and the brushes are the players. The overall picture is the chemistry.
A coach may choose to use a broad brush in corners and vice versa. It's what Pep is actually known to do, in an offensive kind of way. Jose is more defensive minded and I like his fidelity to his methods. A working-class type mentality.
Should he be sacked I am confident it will not cure all our problems, though I feel you think he is the curse at present.
Not a bad allegory, i can see where you are coming from.

My counter to that is that José is at present an artist who does not know what style to paint in, all he seems to want to do is buy new brushes because the one he has are not working.
Instead he should be looking at why they are not working, and my allegory is that he is not using the right brush in the right way, reliance on old brushes is not working, Young is a case in point, he gave Sterling acres to play in on Sunday, he kept coming too narrow, that is inexperience, a desire to be near the ball and not seeing the danger develop.
Midfielders failed to pick oup the movement of Aguero and Silva this down to relying on players with height, rather than a football brain and tackling ability.
We are too static, there is no fluidity about our play, we lack creativity and the desire to move off the ball.

It's not jsut City you need to look at, take alook at any of the top four, their game is lot more mobile, they have moved on tactically, we are stuck in the early part of the decade, we need to move on.
I do share your assessment of Jose's methods. I have stated here that he needs a kind of evolution hard as it may be for him to abandon an approach that has fetched him considerable success. He no longer looks inspired if you ask me.
Having said that, you have perhaps portrayed the overall sense of confusion which I was talking about. The players seem unsure of themselves, the manager the same by his account, and management seems to be over-ruling the manager in the market. And this is a manager that has a history of getting what he wants and winning. It all gives you an impression Gary is right.


"You crossed the line first, sir. You squeezed them, you hammered them to the point of desperation. And in their desperation, they turned to a man they didn't fully understand." -The Dark Knight

RED3bution
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 669
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:20 am

Re: Jose

Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:04 pm

Ole wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:27 pm
I’m going to put this out there and say that Pep is just as defence minded than Jose. The difference is that one trusts his defenders to start attacks, the other waits to counter.

What made me laugh about Sunday’s result by th way is how much everyone praised Fernandinho but then almost immediately pointed out that City need to strengthen because there’s only one of him in his position and City need another player like him, ‘just in case’. City need to strengthen...think about that for a moment.
Your point is well taken. It has never occurred to me to see it in that light their philosophies.
The patient model of possession football seems to be waning. Now it seems the power teams force the issue. They want the ball at all times. When they lose the ball they are impatient to get it back [Geggenpressen in Germany]. And they usually get it back with numbers to make it count. If I were to call it another name I will call it one-phase attacking football. Compare to Jose's multiple phases. I have gone further than I intended but good point.


"You crossed the line first, sir. You squeezed them, you hammered them to the point of desperation. And in their desperation, they turned to a man they didn't fully understand." -The Dark Knight

User avatar
Sigmar
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 239
Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:36 pm

Re: Jose

Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:32 pm

raycreative wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:59 am


Sigmar?Mav says he never wanted Moyes nor did he want LVG(but gave him a chance and he has never liked Jose
So who does he want and if they were indeed wrong appointments then who appointed them and why and who is therefore to blame?
It's well documented that Gill and Ferguson recommended the appointment of Moyes, Ferguson says so in his book, he claims he also told Moyes to 'change nothing' not imagining that the backroom staff rated Moyes as higkly as a turd at a banquet, espcially when he wanted to draft in Neville and Lumsden to rule over Phelan and Meulensteen.

LVG was a Charlton pick, along with Ferguson, ( who stabbed Moyes in the back, by telling the board to sack him, but not having the balls to do it himself)
As for who is to blame for the whole debacle and if in that you include the Glazer purchase, then the finger points firmly at Ferguson, if he hadn't pissed off the Irish pair over the rights to a nags sperm, Glazer would never have bought their shares, as it was one of them was documented as saying he sold out to Glazer to piss off Ferguson.
Ok the Irish pair were looking to sell their share in United, but at the time Glazer couldn't afford it, and they didn't want to sell to him, why they did is intimated above, but the feeling was they sold out cheap purley for the reason above.


Life is what you have to put up with when you are not dead

User avatar
Sigmar
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 239
Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:36 pm

Re: Jose

Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:44 pm

RED3bution wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:04 pm
Ole wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:27 pm
I’m going to put this out there and say that Pep is just as defence minded than Jose. The difference is that one trusts his defenders to start attacks, the other waits to counter.

What made me laugh about Sunday’s result by th way is how much everyone praised Fernandinho but then almost immediately pointed out that City need to strengthen because there’s only one of him in his position and City need another player like him, ‘just in case’. City need to strengthen...think about that for a moment.
Your point is well taken. It has never occurred to me to see it in that light their philosophies.
The patient model of possession football seems to be waning. Now it seems the power teams force the issue. They want the ball at all times. When they lose the ball they are impatient to get it back [Geggenpressen in Germany]. And they usually get it back with numbers to make it count. If I were to call it another name I will call it one-phase attacking football. Compare to Jose's multiple phases. I have gone further than I intended but good point.
For their third goal City strung 44 passes together, and we didn't press the ball in unison.
City also playe power football, the first and second were classic examples of power football, we had no answer for either.
We are way behind in tactical ability and creativity, we lack power pace and the ability to hold the ball when needed.


Life is what you have to put up with when you are not dead

Ole
Vice-Captain
Vice-Captain
Posts: 3569
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:41 pm

Re: Jose

Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:31 pm

Part of Pep’s philosophy is stringing 15 passes together before starting the transition from defence to attack. It’s a simple game of cat and mouse. In just a few passes, United were chasing shadows, losing all organisation in the process and being embarrassed by City.



User avatar
raycreative
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 138
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:03 pm

Re: Jose

Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:06 am

Sigmar wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:32 pm
raycreative wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:59 am


Sigmar?Mav says he never wanted Moyes nor did he want LVG(but gave him a chance and he has never liked Jose
So who does he want and if they were indeed wrong appointments then who appointed them and why and who is therefore to blame?
It's well documented that Gill and Ferguson recommended the appointment of Moyes, Ferguson says so in his book, he claims he also told Moyes to 'change nothing' not imagining that the backroom staff rated Moyes as higkly as a turd at a banquet, espcially when he wanted to draft in Neville and Lumsden to rule over Phelan and Meulensteen.

LVG was a Charlton pick, along with Ferguson, ( who stabbed Moyes in the back, by telling the board to sack him, but not having the balls to do it himself)
As for who is to blame for the whole debacle and if in that you include the Glazer purchase, then the finger points firmly at Ferguson, if he hadn't pissed off the Irish pair over the rights to a nags sperm, Glazer would never have bought their shares, as it was one of them was documented as saying he sold out to Glazer to piss off Ferguson.
Ok the Irish pair were looking to sell their share in United, but at the time Glazer couldn't afford it, and they didn't want to sell to him, why they did is intimated above, but the feeling was they sold out cheap purley for the reason above.
Totally agree with most of the above but why did Ferguson suggest Moyes as the first manager
The answer is by that time he had taken the Glazer dollar
He had already agreed to keep everything cheap and in return he would be well rewarded
Ferguson never uttered a word when the Ronaldo money went missing and no replacement was found
The same pattern continued until his retirement
He kept quiet and was allowed to purchase players like Bebe who suddenly acquired a new agent in son Jason Ferguson,having been scouted by brother Martin Ferguson
Bebe went from being unable to find any club to being "snapped up" by Vitoria
5 weeks later and United triggered a mysterious £9m buy out clause and a few months later Alex Ferguson bought two apartments in New York for £5m
Nothing suspicious then.
This was repeated several times with players such as Bojan Djordic
So Alex Ferguson suddenly becomes a major badge judge of players and you buy it?
The Glazers made this club ROTTEN TO THE CORE
No matter who suggested Moyes and who might have suggested LVG and who might have suggested Jose all roads and final decisions lead to Woodward and The Glazers.
That is a no brainer
And if they are now pissed off due to these bad decisions why are Bobby and SAF still around(along with David Gill)
The answer is they don't give a shit about football or success or tradition.Only profit which they have leeched out of this club from day one

No the buck stops with the Glazers
You and i went over this 3 years agoo



User avatar
Sigmar
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 239
Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:36 pm

Re: Jose

Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:32 am

raycreative wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 6:06 am
Sigmar wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:32 pm
raycreative wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:59 am


Sigmar?Mav says he never wanted Moyes nor did he want LVG(but gave him a chance and he has never liked Jose
So who does he want and if they were indeed wrong appointments then who appointed them and why and who is therefore to blame?
It's well documented that Gill and Ferguson recommended the appointment of Moyes, Ferguson says so in his book, he claims he also told Moyes to 'change nothing' not imagining that the backroom staff rated Moyes as higkly as a turd at a banquet, espcially when he wanted to draft in Neville and Lumsden to rule over Phelan and Meulensteen.

LVG was a Charlton pick, along with Ferguson, ( who stabbed Moyes in the back, by telling the board to sack him, but not having the balls to do it himself)
As for who is to blame for the whole debacle and if in that you include the Glazer purchase, then the finger points firmly at Ferguson, if he hadn't pissed off the Irish pair over the rights to a nags sperm, Glazer would never have bought their shares, as it was one of them was documented as saying he sold out to Glazer to piss off Ferguson.
Ok the Irish pair were looking to sell their share in United, but at the time Glazer couldn't afford it, and they didn't want to sell to him, why they did is intimated above, but the feeling was they sold out cheap purley for the reason above.
Totally agree with most of the above but why did Ferguson suggest Moyes as the first manager
The answer is by that time he had taken the Glazer dollar
He had already agreed to keep everything cheap and in return he would be well rewarded
Ferguson never uttered a word when the Ronaldo money went missing and no replacement was found
The same pattern continued until his retirement
He kept quiet and was allowed to purchase players like Bebe who suddenly acquired a new agent in son Jason Ferguson,having been scouted by brother Martin Ferguson
Bebe went from being unable to find any club to being "snapped up" by Vitoria
5 weeks later and United triggered a mysterious £9m buy out clause and a few months later Alex Ferguson bought two apartments in New York for £5m
Nothing suspicious then.
This was repeated several times with players such as Bojan Djordic
So Alex Ferguson suddenly becomes a major badge judge of players and you buy it?
The Glazers made this club ROTTEN TO THE CORE
No matter who suggested Moyes and who might have suggested LVG and who might have suggested Jose all roads and final decisions lead to Woodward and The Glazers.
That is a no brainer
And if they are now pissed off due to these bad decisions why are Bobby and SAF still around(along with David Gill)
The answer is they don't give a shit about football or success or tradition.Only profit which they have leeched out of this club from day one

No the buck stops with the Glazers
You and i went over this 3 years agoo
I'll buy some of that, except Moyes, Ferguson traveled the world to get a top replacement, but no-one wanted the mantle of having to replace him, not Pep, not Blanc, no-one, I firmly think that Van Gaal was first choice, but he was tied up with the Dutch squad and the World Cup, José was out of the mix because he was buying a team for Real or Chelsea, I can't quite remember, we all know Fergie met Pep in New York, but he was on his sabbatical and wouldn't move from it, the only option was a manager who they coould use as a fall guy, and that guy was Moyes.
As I remember it at that time Ed hadn't been appointed Gill was still running the ship prior to fornicate off to UEFA.

Fergie (according to sourceds) made a lot more out of Racehorses, flogging wine and himself than he did out of United, as an after dinner speaker he was commanding £50k a pop, + exepenses, he also gave us a load of bullshit about wanting to be with Kathy, he spends just as much time away now as he did before.

I agree in some parts that the club is rotten to the core, but in a different way to the way you think it is, but in saying that, it was no different in the Edwards regime, the figures were smaller thats all, I can remember pissing in half a gutter, while Lou Edwards was puffing on full corona's at £20 a pop, and selling dodgy meat to schools.


Life is what you have to put up with when you are not dead

User avatar
raycreative
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 138
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:03 pm

Re: Jose

Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:18 am

Partly correct,partly wrong

Fergie has always liked money and lots of it
Mainly because he is a massive gambler and as most gamblers are he is bad at it so constantly needs more
He always loved his racehorses which is where Mcmanus and Magnier two massive United fans came from
They were put together by Mike Dillon,Ladbrokes PR manager who was a great friend of SAF
That was util the Rock of Gibraltar thing broke out through SAF's greed and that was the end of that
Most of the current legalised robbery situation we are now in, therefore does go back to SAF
But that said SAF made this current club what it was pre Glazer.What positives have the Glazers done for this club,as a football club, that you can attribute tp sportsmanship,history,tradition or building for the future of the club as a football team

To go to Louis Edwards next
Yes he was a crook and whilst i don't condone in any way the rotten meat sold to schools he did not hurt this club as a club
What he did eventually killed him as he had a heart attack and died right after the TV investigation
Yes he smoked expensive cigars but i don't think United paid for them
He gave Matt Busby total control and did not worry about shirt sellers.Probably because that was not the thing at the time
He gave Matt all the money he needed that the club could afford and as such you saw 3 Footballers of the year in the same team at the same time
Never interfered.Never rushed off on "urgent transfer business".Never sent people to turnstiles to see if they had joined as a member before they confiscated a season ticket,like they do now

Finally Gill did not "fornicate off to UEFA"
He advised against allowing the Glazers to buy United.He always did understand football
When the Glazers did get United for nothing they didn't want him spouting off and telling the truth about what a shower of skint crooks they were
Remember as an accountant he was part of the team that had done due diligence on the leeches
He knew ll about the skint shopping malls and the way they had threatened the city of Tampa Bay by declaring they would relocate the club unless the city built them a new stadium at the city's own expense
Once the deal DID go through they had to work out a way of keeping him quiet
They told him he could join UEFA but to do that he had to be attached to a football club
They told him that if he kept his mouth shut they would let him remain as a director at United but he could not attend board meetings(still can't) and had to sign a non disclosure agreement
Hardly fornicate off is it?



User avatar
Dante
Referee
Referee
Posts: 8686
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 5:16 pm

Re: Jose

Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:16 am

Sigmar wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:18 pm
I'll just leave this here for anyone who wants to comment, but it says it all really
Image
I always said we shouldn't have sacked Moyes.


Image

RED3bution
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 669
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:20 am

Re: Jose

Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:52 pm

Ole wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 11:31 pm
Part of Pep’s philosophy is stringing 15 passes together before starting the transition from defence to attack. It’s a simple game of cat and mouse. In just a few passes, United were chasing shadows, losing all organisation in the process and being embarrassed by City.
United were always going to chase shadows primarily because they were chasing the game against a side that likes to and can keep extended periods of passing and pressing going. We were going for it and got embarrassed by that lengthy build up. If we had sat back some would be at it calling it "parking the bus" or negative football.
I did not feel bad about that goal, the circumstances were ripe for it and it was executed perfectly.


"You crossed the line first, sir. You squeezed them, you hammered them to the point of desperation. And in their desperation, they turned to a man they didn't fully understand." -The Dark Knight

User avatar
Glorio
International Player
International Player
Posts: 2275
Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2007 12:36 am

Re: Jose

Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:03 pm

Tbh, before José, I think SAF was desperate for Poch. They had that meeting in a hotel before Poch claimed it was just about discussing football ideas, then promptly signed his extension with Spurs.

I thought then, and still think now, that he'd have been the best pick. I think with proper investment he could challenge the likes of Pep and Klopp. I know football gets judged solely on trophies, but the general performances of Spurs have been impressive with the budget he's had to work with, and his handling of players and the media have been spot on . I still think we've got a chance with him at some stage in future as he appears to be getting disillusioned at Spurs, and Madrid didn't snap him up


There is only one GOLDEN BOY

User avatar
Glorio
International Player
International Player
Posts: 2275
Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2007 12:36 am

Re: Jose

Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:09 pm

You can't really defend that we've spent similar amounts of funds with José in charge as has City, and as I mentioned before - none of those City players bar Aguero and maybe David Silva to a small extent were massive world stars.

Two and a half years ago, if you put Sanchez, Pogba, Martial, Rashford, Lukaku, De Bruyne, Sane, Bernado Silva, Gabriel Jesus, and Kyle Walker together, and were asked to pick 5, chances are all 5, or at least 4 would be Man Utd players. Now, it's laughable that such a thing would happen. Pep's players are playing together, improving individually, and are performing better than a sum of their parts, while ours are playing quite badly together,and are performing much lower than a sum of their parts.

You could make the same argument for Liverpool. Player for player, you'd have chosen qhite a lot of ours, 2 and a half years ago, not today though. José is the MANAGER, he has to take responsibility.


There is only one GOLDEN BOY

User avatar
raycreative
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 138
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:03 pm

Re: Jose

Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:12 pm

Glorio wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:09 pm
You can't really defend that we've spent similar amounts of funds with José in charge as has City, and as I mentioned before - none of those City players bar Aguero and maybe David Silva to a small extent were massive world stars.

Two and a half years ago, if you put Sanchez, Pogba, Martial, Rashford, Lukaku, De Bruyne, Sane, Bernado Silva, Gabriel Jesus, and Kyle Walker together, and were asked to pick 5, chances are all 5, or at least 4 would be Man Utd players. Now, it's laughable that such a thing would happen. Pep's players are playing together, improving individually, and are performing better than a sum of their parts, while ours are playing quite badly together,and are performing much lower than a sum of their parts.

You could make the same argument for Liverpool. Player for player, you'd have chosen qhite a lot of ours, 2 and a half years ago, not today though. José is the MANAGER, he has to take responsibility.
Jose has to take responsibiilty if he insisted and bought those players
If he didn't whoever sanctioned and bought them must take the responsibilty
Would you agree?
So show me where the evidence is that Jose insisted on Lindelof,Fred and Lukaku
I thought Jose said he asked Mr Woodward for 5 players and got none and that statement was not denied
Maybe i am wrong!!



User avatar
Glorio
International Player
International Player
Posts: 2275
Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2007 12:36 am

Re: Jose

Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:15 am

raycreative wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:12 pm
Glorio wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:09 pm
You can't really defend that we've spent similar amounts of funds with José in charge as has City, and as I mentioned before - none of those City players bar Aguero and maybe David Silva to a small extent were massive world stars.

Two and a half years ago, if you put Sanchez, Pogba, Martial, Rashford, Lukaku, De Bruyne, Sane, Bernado Silva, Gabriel Jesus, and Kyle Walker together, and were asked to pick 5, chances are all 5, or at least 4 would be Man Utd players. Now, it's laughable that such a thing would happen. Pep's players are playing together, improving individually, and are performing better than a sum of their parts, while ours are playing quite badly together,and are performing much lower than a sum of their parts.

You could make the same argument for Liverpool. Player for player, you'd have chosen qhite a lot of ours, 2 and a half years ago, not today though. José is the MANAGER, he has to take responsibility.
Jose has to take responsibiilty if he insisted and bought those players
If he didn't whoever sanctioned and bought them must take the responsibilty
Would you agree?
So show me where the evidence is that Jose insisted on Lindelof,Fred and Lukaku
I thought Jose said he asked Mr Woodward for 5 players and got none and that statement was not denied
Maybe i am wrong!!
Good point. And I agree that whoever made the decision to bring them in should take responsibility. However, I'm going by the natural assumption is that it is a manager who should identify the players he wants, and the club should try to buy them; this may not be the case at United, but so far, José hasn't shyed away from publicly declaring what he asked for and didn't get. You'd think then that he'd be just as vocal with the fact that they brought in players he didn't ask for (even if it's a more sensitive scenario).

The biggest reason I believe Mourinho definitely had a say in the players we've bought is because in fact, over the last 2 seasons he's been in charge, IN HIS OWN WORDS, he's publicly commended the board in getting either all of his targets, or 3/4 of his targets or something like that, and in each of those seasons, the number he's identified that we got from his targets has coincided with the number of players we bought (no way he can back away from that!). This is the only season where it appears his demands have not been met.

The other reason being that most of them do appear like Mourinho type buys in other clubs as I mentioned in a previous post i.e. mostly large, physically imposing units, and a couple of smaller very "busy" players (again, apart from this season).

If his decisions and body language has been anything to go by, the players he seemed to want to get rid of i.e. Martial and Shaw are 2 of the very few bright sparks in that team right now. That in itself is quite damning.

His third seasons tend to unravel quickly with public spats and everything, and it doesn't matter whether he's backed with the financial might of Real Madrid, or Chelsea. I thinknwe were all concerned before a ball was kicked tbh as in typical fashion, he initiates a public spat with a player wanting to be with his young family at the birth of his child halfway around the world (during preseason btw), and he starts to analyse the wrongs of his players in the public eye of the media.


There is only one GOLDEN BOY

User avatar
raycreative
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 138
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:03 pm

Re: Jose

Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:53 am

So who am i talking about?

The main playmakers are inconsistent
The defense is very very poor,but they were all bought on the cheap
The season is over at just about the half way point
Tickets are in "limited supply" so book early
And it is all being blamed on the manager

Yep you got it
Manchester United
sorry i meant to say the Tampa Bay Buccaneers who lost yet again last night
None of it is the owners fault however as they are surely making unlimited funds available.It's just the manager that clearly likes to get old has beens on a free



User avatar
Sigmar
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 239
Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:36 pm

Re: Jose

Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:58 pm

raycreative wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:53 am
So who am i talking about?

The main playmakers are inconsistent
The defense is very very poor,but they were all bought on the cheap
The season is over at just about the half way point
Tickets are in "limited supply" so book early
And it is all being blamed on the manager

Yep you got it
Manchester United
sorry i meant to say the Tampa Bay Buccaneers who lost yet again last night
None of it is the owners fault however as they are surely making unlimited funds available.It's just the manager that clearly likes to get old has beens on a free
So....

If we are to believe you we have to take onboard the following 'facts'
  • 1. José doesn't have a say in who the club buys
    2. José doesn't have a say in who the club sells
    3. Ed does all the negotiating
    4. José is not to blame for the attitude of the players
    5.Jose is not to blame for us losing, but he gets the plaudits when we win
    6. The Glazers have not funded the team in any shape or form since before Fergie left
    7. Accoring to 'God' ( you) everyone who goes to watch a game at OT is tourist or a JCL
So answer me these questions
1. If all the above is true why are the board paying Jose so much money just to be a fall guy?
2 Is it lonely being the only 'real' fan at Old Trafford?
3.What is it really like to be invisible at a board meeting when all this shit is being discussed ?
4. What does Tampa Bay losing have to do with United, apart from being owned by the same people
5 Are you Ed's secret whipping boy, or a City troll here to wind us up ?

As you know so much and seem to like conspiracy theories, who did blow up the two towers, who did kill Lady Diana, Is Osama Buin Laden really dead ?
I am sure you know the answers to these questions too, as you seem to know everyone and everything else.


Life is what you have to put up with when you are not dead

RED3bution
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 669
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:20 am

Re: Jose

Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:48 pm

Glorio wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:15 am
If his decisions and body language has been anything to go by, the players he seemed to want to get rid of i.e. Martial and Shaw are 2 of the very few bright sparks in that team right now. That in itself is quite damning.

His third seasons tend to unravel quickly with public spats and everything, and it doesn't matter whether he's backed with the financial might of Real Madrid, or Chelsea. I thinknwe were all concerned before a ball was kicked tbh as in typical fashion, he initiates a public spat with a player wanting to be with his young family at the birth of his child halfway around the world (during preseason btw), and he starts to analyse the wrongs of his players in the public eye of the media.
Glorio this paragraph I excised from your response has to be looked at critically. Shaw was given a go-ahead this season coming off of the work he did in preseason and you could say, lack of competition if you look at numbers. But Shaw did put in some work I believe in preconditioning in Dubai. Mourinho noticed the hunger and gave him a chance.

Martial's story is well documented. I do not believe it was professional the way Martial did his thing and having said that Mourinho reacted not just with Martial in mind but his entire preparation (no new signings none foreseen) which martial seemed to have up-ended by not making his whereabouts known. It did seem too much is what I am saying. I would imagine if he had, it wouldn't have been all over the media.
Martial staying or not would be interested in picking up his poor form, because either way he would be needing it so I'm not sure if it sticks where you want it to.


"You crossed the line first, sir. You squeezed them, you hammered them to the point of desperation. And in their desperation, they turned to a man they didn't fully understand." -The Dark Knight

User avatar
Glorio
International Player
International Player
Posts: 2275
Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2007 12:36 am

Re: Jose

Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:04 pm

RED3bution wrote:
Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:48 pm
Glorio wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:15 am
If his decisions and body language has been anything to go by, the players he seemed to want to get rid of i.e. Martial and Shaw are 2 of the very few bright sparks in that team right now. That in itself is quite damning.

His third seasons tend to unravel quickly with public spats and everything, and it doesn't matter whether he's backed with the financial might of Real Madrid, or Chelsea. I thinknwe were all concerned before a ball was kicked tbh as in typical fashion, he initiates a public spat with a player wanting to be with his young family at the birth of his child halfway around the world (during preseason btw), and he starts to analyse the wrongs of his players in the public eye of the media.
Glorio this paragraph I excised from your response has to be looked at critically. Shaw was given a go-ahead this season coming off of the work he did in preseason and you could say, lack of competition if you look at numbers. But Shaw did put in some work I believe in preconditioning in Dubai. Mourinho noticed the hunger and gave him a chance.

Martial's story is well documented. I do not believe it was professional the way Martial did his thing and having said that Mourinho reacted not just with Martial in mind but his entire preparation (no new signings none foreseen) which martial seemed to have up-ended by not making his whereabouts known. It did seem too much is what I am saying. I would imagine if he had, it wouldn't have been all over the media.
Martial staying or not would be interested in picking up his poor form, because either way he would be needing it so I'm not sure if it sticks where you want it to.
Paternity leave is a thing, so I don't know that there is any evidence that Martial did not make his whereabouts known. In fact, José admitted knowing when and where he left to, his gripe seemed to be that he didn't return in 2 days!


There is only one GOLDEN BOY

User avatar
Glorio
International Player
International Player
Posts: 2275
Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2007 12:36 am

Re: Jose

Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:09 am

Posted this in the Crystal Palace game thread, but I'm repasting it so it doesn't get lost:

This is from Sky Sports Sunday Supplement. They tend to be very anti-united sometimes but to me, they're on the money here. For all Jose's past successes, he's had this pattern of capitulation and in-fighting after 2 seasons, it's happening again, and somehow we seem to be hanging on for a different outcome. I think our players have done ok tbh considering the obvious acrimony in that dressing room. If this were Chelsea or Madrid, they would have proper downed tools ages ago. Our players seem torn between playing for the shirt and despising the manager.


Anyway, enough from me, here it is:
Jose Mourinho is looking increasingly out of touch with the modern game after the Manchester United manager's latest damning assessment of his players, according to the Sunday Supplement panel.

A lacklustre United were fortunate to draw 0-0 with Crystal Palace at Old Trafford on Saturday as they fell 14 points behind leaders Manchester City.

The result and nature of the performance came after Mourinho had claimed United lacked "character", with modern players acting like "spoilt kids".


The Portuguese was also damning in his post-match analysis after dropping another two points against Palace, questioning the "heart" of his players.


United's struggles were discussed on the Sunday Supplement, and the Daily Star's chief sports writer Jeremy Cross believes Mourinho has become a "tired, old guy".

"That dressing room is in a bit of a state," he said. "It all seems very torn, and the one person to blame for that is the manager. He creates an atmosphere that is reflective of the way he behaves.

"He makes the point in midweek that young players nowadays are mollycoddled, which is a fair point but then he names four of his own players, which seemed a bizarre and dangerous thing to do.


"One of the players he named was Anthony Martial, who has basically kept him in a job the last four or five weeks.

"Another player he mentioned was Luke Shaw, who revealed not long ago he nearly lost his leg and has done really well to get back in the England squad."


United dropped to seventh in the Premier League after failing to score in a top-flight home meeting with Crystal Palace for the first time since October 1970.

A first home clean sheet of the season wasn't enough to lift the mood, with the players booed off at the full-time whistle by a section of supporters.

With the club now faced with an uphill task to qualify for next season's Champions League, Mourinho called out his players saying they had not attached enough importance on the game, and said there was not enough desire shown.

"If they're cosseted, over-protected, over-sensitive players, him saying there's no heart and no desire, what's that going to do to them? That's not going to help them," argued the Mail On Sunday's chief sports writer Oliver Holt.

"If they're not robust individuals, then he's just making the situation worse. I found it a damning analysis of the modern player, and of players within his own squad.

"He comes across as somebody who distrusts young players. One of the many great things about Ferguson was his ability to adapt from generation to generation, to get the best out of younger players.

"He loved bringing youth through, but Mourinho speaks like someone who distrusts these players. He's at a club with a magnificent record of bringing through young players.

"He talks of young players with disdain, and it is a really interesting window into the problems that there are at Manchester United.

"In style on the pitch and attitude off it, Mourinho looks more and more like yesterday's man."

Unless that's complete vapourware and they've made it all up, this guy needs to go sharpish. There are a lot of issues around the club at the minute, but he's a big one.


There is only one GOLDEN BOY

User avatar
raycreative
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 138
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:03 pm

Re: Jose

Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:24 pm

i was speaking to somebody who was one of the owners and a board member at United in the past
He will stay nameless
He summed it up correctly
He cannot think of one important decision Woodward has ever got right in the realm of the team



User avatar
Glorio
International Player
International Player
Posts: 2275
Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2007 12:36 am

Re: Jose

Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:28 pm

raycreative wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:24 pm
i was speaking to somebody who was one of the owners and a board member at United in the past
He will stay nameless
He summed it up correctly
He cannot think of one important decision Woodward has ever got right in the realm of the team
Can't argue with that, even with the recruitment of managers


There is only one GOLDEN BOY

RED3bution
Supporter
Supporter
Posts: 669
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:20 am

Re: Jose

Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:53 pm

If I had any say I would give Jose money to spend. I do not think he's the main problem, though he is in the most pivotal role, but I think that if Jose is backed, he is more likely to win something than a new manager will while retaining this lot. Most of them are babies I must say, according to reports.


"You crossed the line first, sir. You squeezed them, you hammered them to the point of desperation. And in their desperation, they turned to a man they didn't fully understand." -The Dark Knight

User avatar
Glorio
International Player
International Player
Posts: 2275
Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2007 12:36 am

Re: Jose

Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:20 pm

RED3bution wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:53 pm
If I had any say I would give Jose money to spend. I do not think he's the main problem, though he is in the most pivotal role, but I think that if Jose is backed, he is more likely to win something than a new manager will while retaining this lot. Most of them are babies I must say, according to reports.
You're right, if we sell everyone and buy a completely new team, he may win something, but he'll fall out with those new players the next year,or the year after, and he'll want more hundreds of millions. Is that really what we want? Another short term fix?


Tbh, the José employment has "worked" as well as could be expected. He came in, shook the place up, spent masses of money, delivered trophies in the short term (and bar the imperious form of City, we could be league champions), and now his trick is simply done, and we're tumbling downhill fast (complete mirror image of his 3rd seasons). I think it's been shown over and over again that he's not a long term solution. His abrasive approach doesn't work in the long term with most players.


There is only one GOLDEN BOY

User avatar
Sigmar
Academy Player
Academy Player
Posts: 239
Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:36 pm

Re: Jose

Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:11 pm

raycreative wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:24 pm
i was speaking to somebody who was one of the owners and a board member at United in the past
He will stay nameless
He summed it up correctly
He cannot think of one important decision Woodward has ever got right in the realm of the team
Ah now I get it....you a re a reporter from The Sun....an un-named source said ...........fornicate all


Life is what you have to put up with when you are not dead

Return to “U-N-I-T-E-D”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users