Next Match: Image
Crystal Palace in the Premier League.
Saturday 24th August 2019, KO 15:00 BST.
Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Pogba

Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:57 pm

Not sure he's actually ready for a new challenge, considering he failed at his last one. But I am sick of this guy, if we can get more then we paid take it, he's not worth it or the trouble. Can't wait to see the back of him. SAF was right, it's not always just about talent and Fergie saw that.

"Make America Great Again!"

raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player

Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:53 pm

I understand the logic of not liking him but the reality is that he is one of the worlds best players playing with very average players
He clearly wants off but nobody knows the reason why
Is is because he is greedy or possibly he wants to play with a top tea
Manchester United is a greedy club as well AND we are no longer a top club
We are an average club still in decline and not showing any ambition to put the brake on

So i understand the desire to possibly get rid of Pogba but that begs the question AND?
Get rid of Pogba and get some unknown from West Ham or Portugal or Somalia and send the readies out to Tampa?

Or get rid of Pogba and buy somebody of the quality of Eden Hazard or De Bruyne
You know what the answer to that one is Ben i feel sure

We are now marching through the transfer window,yet again and all we have is a second rate winger and we are close :laugh: :laugh: to and waiting for de Ligt etc etc etc

You know what is going to happen.It happens every transfer window
At the last minute we well sell Pogba and try for some massive name which we will fail on
The story will then go out that Pogba was a "greedy bastard" we had to sell and next transfer window we will replace him
In the next transfer window there will be "no value in the January window" so wait till summer
In the meantime the cash will go the The Caymans
Wait and see :laugh: :laugh:

That's called Glazernomics

Sandies
Supporter
Supporter

Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:28 pm

Hold him to his contract and stick him in the reserves

Best fornicate season? New challenge? Just fornicate off you entitled prick.

This is what you get when you have a football director who bows to player power based on their marketability.

"Beckham... into Sheringham... and Solskjær has won it!"

Glorio
International Player
International Player

Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:15 am

Sandies wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:28 pm
Hold him to his contract and stick him in the reserves

Best fornicate season? New challenge? Just fornicate off you entitled prick.

This is what you get when you have a football director who bows to player power based on their marketability.
If what we saw throughout the season was what he considers his best season, maybe we're giving him too much credit.
If a united player looks back at the season and is satisfied with that - good riddance

There is only one GOLDEN BOY

raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player

Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:44 am

But the question still remains
AND WHAT???

Keeping Pogba for pure shirt selling exploitation without building a team around him will make him throw the dummy out of the pram as it would do with any of us
That won't help the team/club
Selling him and keeping the readies along with Sanchez,MacTominay and Mata,quite honestly proves that we are indeed a mid table team in footballing terms and won't help the team/club either

All i can see is players including Pogba,Luakaku and Herrara leaving or wanting to leave and Ed Woodward pissing about offering shit teams like Crystal Palace and West Ham half of what they want for unknown and unproven(at the top level) players

It's the same shit as every other season
You guys are talking team building and these bastards are not even talking but just thinking profit

Glorio
International Player
International Player

Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:31 pm

Sources at the club are saying they expect Pogba to stay next season - personally, I'd get rid. Gary Neville predicted this during Pogba's only sustained spell of good form, that he'd expect him and his agent to pop up in future, flirting to move to somewhere else.

Pogba may be decent for France while producing moments of brilliance at different times during the world cup, and he might have been brilliant for us in a handful of games, but by and large he's frustrating to watch, and hasn't justified the world class tag I see bandied a out at all.

When you watch Ronaldo, Messi, Hazard, etc. with average players, they actually look world class among those players, and pull the team over the finish line. With Paul, most times, the team suffers badly. When we're trying the press high as a team, he jogs forward and doesn't join quick enough, effectively breaking the press - I've seen this happen over and over again, and then, when the opportunity is lost, or the press is not on, you see him pretending like he's attempting to press and urging his team mates on. IMO had he been benched for those last few games, we'd be in the top 4; and if he played against PSG in Paris, we'd have lost convincingly there

There is only one GOLDEN BOY

raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player

Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:04 pm

Glorio wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:31 pm
Sources at the club are saying they expect Pogba to stay next season - personally, I'd get rid. Gary Neville predicted this during Pogba's only sustained spell of good form, that he'd expect him and his agent to pop up in future, flirting to move to somewhere else.

Pogba may be decent for France while producing moments of brilliance at different times during the world cup, and he might have been brilliant for us in a handful of games, but by and large he's frustrating to watch, and hasn't justified the world class tag I see bandied a out at all.

When you watch Ronaldo, Messi, Hazard, etc. with average players, they actually look world class among those players, and pull the team over the finish line. With Paul, most times, the team suffers badly. When we're trying the press high as a team, he jogs forward and doesn't join quick enough, effectively breaking the press - I've seen this happen over and over again, and then, when the opportunity is lost, or the press is not on, you see him pretending like he's attempting to press and urging his team mates on. IMO had he been benched for those last few games, we'd be in the top 4; and if he played against PSG in Paris, we'd have lost convincingly there
Interesting anaylsis but i am not sure you are correct

Pogba's style of running is to take long strides.He doesn't sprint but he can cover a lot of ground quickly imo whilst giving the impression he is not sprinting
If you go to the other end of the scale you get most of the Far Eastern players who have naturally smaller legs pumping everything they have into a sprint but inevitably do not cover the same ground as a long striding person.
Think Rio Ferdinand.He never looked like he was trying but you couldn't get away from him

To go on to what Ronaldo and Messi do with average players
Well to be brutally honest a Barca and a Madrid average players is like to a superstar to the shit we currently have

When a team presses it presses as a team.Watch Liverpool and City
When we press have you ever seen Lukaku sprinting about?He is not capable
Nor are Jones.Smalling and Young
Nor are Sanchez etc etc.Well you get my drift
To blame Pogba because nobody else presses is unfair

Your final point was to put Eden Hazard in the bracket of Ronaldo and Messi.
Fair enough he is moving in that region but he didn't get that much playing for Chelsea as he was playing with the same sort of shit Pogba is at United
Chelsea were never in the hunt for the league or the cup and only won the having a laugh league coz there were no top clubs in it really that wanted to win it
And what happened at the end?
Hazard left for pastures greener.And he wasn't even being exploited for shirt sales

And it still leaves the question
WHAT ARE WE DOING TO REPLACE POGBA THE PLAYER as opposed to Pogba the shirt seller?Answer is sod all
You can already see what will happen if Matt Judge and Ed Woodward get their way

Pogba out for £130m and Bale or similar in for £70m and £60m off to the Caymans

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:38 pm

Solskjaer says Pogba in contention for Man Utd captaincy
Date published: Saturday 13th July 2019 4:46

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is considering Paul Pogba for the captaincy, despite the Manchester United’s midfielder desire to leave this summer.
Marcus Rashford’s fine strike was followed by an impressive James Garner effort as the Red Devils opened pre-season with a victory far more comfortable than the 2-0 scoreline against Perth Glory suggests.

–– ADVERTISEMENT ––

Pogba came on at half-time as Solskjaer completely rotated his side at the huge Optus Stadium, where the World Cup winner received a largely warm reception despite publicly admitting his openness to “a new challenge somewhere else”.
Agent Mino Raiola compounded matters by talking about how he is working to get his client a move, but Solskjaer says he would still consider the midfielder for a leadership role this season.
“No, it hasn’t (been decided),” the United boss said of the captaincy, having seen Antonio Valencia depart in the summer
“So we’ve got quite a few possibilities there and when the season starts we’ll announce.
“Of course we’ll have a good assessment, see how pre-season goes, so there we go.
“But, as you saw, Ashley (Young) will wear it when he’s playing until we decide on someone, yeah.”
Asked if Pogba is under consideration for the role, Solskjaer said: “Yeah.”
The France midfielder regularly captained United at the start of the 2018-19 season, only for Jose Mourinho to swiftly take away any vice-captain responsibilities as their relationship deteriorated.
Pushed further on Pogba’s resuming a captaincy position, Solskjaer added: “Well, I don’t think that needs explaining. We’ll discuss that later on.”
The club-record signing was asked for an interview as he made his way out of Optus Stadium, but simply responded: “No need”. Pogba said similar to another reporter.

Speculation about outgoings will continue throughout the tour, while Solskjaer kept his cards close to his chest when it came to signings.
PA understands that United are still trying to sign Leicester centre-back Harry Maguire, while they are scouring the market for a midfielder.
“I think you need to speak to Ed (Woodward, executive vice-chairman) or others,” the United boss said about transfers.
“At the moment, I can’t give you any updates, no.
“Well, timing is obviously an issue but we’re working, as I’ve said before, so of course we’re optimistic.”
Solskjaer was more forthcoming when it came to the performance of his squad in their pre-season opener, with Daniel James impressing and Aaron Wan-Bissaka showing signs of promise in their first match in a United shirt.
“Both the new lads did well, both Dan and Aaron,” he said, having confirmed Luke Shaw went off with a hamstring issue.
“You had Mason (Greenwood), Angel (Gomes), Jimmy (Garner), you know the young lads, Chongy [Tahith Chong].
“I think they also showed that they can make it as a Man United player and the more experienced ones did a job because we got 45 minutes out of most and it was a professional workout from everyone.”

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Sun Jul 14, 2019 3:40 pm

He doesn't want to be at the club, has a piss poor attitude and is a terrible influence on the rest of the squad. This would be an utter disaster, Ole will definitely lose the dressing room if this happens.

raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player

Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:32 pm

Relly wrote:
He doesn't want to be at the club, has a piss poor attitude and is a terrible influence on the rest of the squad. This would be an utter disaster, Ole will definitely lose the dressing room if this happens.
He doesn't doesn't want to be at the club because he wants to play with top players in the best games in the world.He doesn't want to be a performing monkey for these theives
We have lost the dressing room because of a combination of Adidas demands and the Glazers greed
Without building a team around Pogba then i can safely say Ole is doomed but Ed Woodward will still be around.This is just more of the same shit
Why blame Pogba???
Why not blame Jose or LVG or try blaming the true culprits.This is yet another Glazernomics dreadful summer transfer window with presumably Macguire as a distraction

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:21 pm

raycreative wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:32 pm
Relly wrote:
He doesn't doesn't want to be at the club because he wants to play with top players in the best games in the world.He doesn't want to be a performing monkey for these theives
We have lost the dressing room because of a combination of Adidas demands and the Glazers greed
Without building a team around Pogba then i can safely say Ole is doomed but Ed Woodward will still be around.This is just more of the same shit
Why blame Pogba???
Why not blame Jose or LVG or try blaming the true culprits.This is yet another Glazernomics dreadful summer transfer window with presumably Macguire as a distraction
If Pogba stays, or god forbid he becomes captain, then Ole will never be in charge of this team.

raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player

Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:15 am

Ole is not in charge of the team now imo
Remember at the end of last season "i am going to move a lot of these players on"
Who has he moved on.Nobody.
Valencia was at the end of his contract as were Herrara.Ole, alledgedly knew nothing about what Herrara was doing"You'll have to ask him"
He had signed a pre contract for PSG at Xmas.It's just possible that Ed Woodward didn't tell Ole

Ole has no idea what DDG,Lukaku or even Pogba are doing
He has decided to give Jones and Smalling another chance.Why???
He can't get rid of Sanchez

And you think he might currently be in charge or control of this team
Adidas run the top level of this team and Ed Woodward runs the shit level of this team with cheap players

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:11 pm

I got caught up in the hype mid-season too, but appointing Ole was a disaster of a decision and will only extend the turmoil this club is in.

raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player

Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:48 pm

But if you don't like Pogba and you don't like Ole then who is to blame for all this shit we are in
I keep trying to get across the point that i have been making for 10 seasons

People didn't like Moyes because he was not capable of managing the team in the opinion of a lot of fans and nobody wanted Fellaini.But who appointed Moyes??Ed Woodward and who likely signed Fellaini?Ed Woodward
Now a lot didn't like LVG despite him winning trophies.And a lot didn't like the style he played and the player "HE " brought in.But who appointed LVG?Ed Woodward and who bought in the players?Well LVG has said many times he did what he could with the fourth choice players he was given.By who? Ed Woodward.
Jose got us into second and won a european trophy with what he had.Many didn't like it or him.Who signed Jose?Ed Woodward and Jose said he gave 5 players he wanted and got none.To whom did he give the five names?Ed Woodward

Now Pogba and Lukaku and possibly/probably DDG want to leave and everyone is bitching.Why do they want to leave?Well Pogba and laughingly Lukaku want to play with better players than Smalling,Jones,an old Ashley Young and Sanchez.Who bought them or signed them up to lon contracts?Ed Woodward
Why won't DDG sign?Who is he negotiating with?Ed Woodward
Who decides if Pogba stays or goes?Ed Woodward and why?Adidas

Who is struggling to get players in yet again?Ed Woodward
So some might call it constant diatribe but it is the truth,the whole truth and nothing but the truth
Why that Liverpool piece of shit is in charge you can mutter and curse Pogba,Sanchez,Ole,LVG,Jose etc etc etc but it doesn't matter.It is and it will continue to get worse
Getting rid of Pogba or Lukaku or Ole will change absolutely sod all
Now getting rid of the Glazers and Ed Woodward is another world

Dante
Referee
Referee

Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:29 pm

Relly wrote:
Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:11 pm
I got caught up in the hype mid-season too, but appointing Ole was a disaster of a decision and will only extend the turmoil this club is in.
We'll see.

Relly
Supporter
Supporter

Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:23 pm

raycreative wrote:
But if you don't like Pogba and you don't like Ole then who is to blame for all this shit we are in

People didn't like Moyes because he was not capable of managing the team in the opinion of a lot of fans and nobody wanted Fellaini.But who appointed Moyes??Ed Woodward and who likely signed Fellaini?Ed Woodward
Now a lot didn't like LVG despite him winning trophies.And a lot didn't like the style he played and the player "HE " brought in.But who appointed LVG?Ed Woodward and who bought in the players?Well LVG has said many times he did what he could with the fourth choice players he was given.By who? Ed Woodward.
Jose got us into second and won a european trophy with what he had.Many didn't like it or him.Who signed Jose?Ed Woodward and Jose said he gave 5 players he wanted and got none.To whom did he give the five names?Ed Woodward

Now Pogba and Lukaku and possibly/probably DDG want to leave and everyone is bitching.Why do they want to leave?Well Pogba and laughingly Lukaku want to play with better players than Smalling,Jones,an old Ashley Young and Sanchez.Who bought them or signed them up to lon contracts?Ed Woodward

So some might call it constant diatribe but it is the truth,the whole truth and nothing but the truth
Why that Liverpool piece of shit is in charge you can mutter and curse Pogba,Sanchez,Ole,LVG,Jose etc etc etc but it doesn't matter.It is and it will continue to get worse
I like Ole, I mean what United fan doesn't? But he is taking over the club when it is in a state of perpetual turmoil and I don't think he has the experience or authority to stand up to the owners or to stand up to the social media star players and turn this club around. He will be chewed up and spit out much like the two, far more experienced, far more qualified, far bigger personality managers before him.

raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player

Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:42 pm

Agreed but that is not ole's fault
Just as it has now becoming apparent it was not Jose's fault or LVG's fault and probably not Moyes fault

So if you don't like Pogba for reasons we know and you don't fancy Ole for the reasons you stated then in pure footballing terms what is your answer, if indeed there is one or should we all stop moaning about the owners and get behind the shit a coz they are United.Even if the decline continues towards oblivion?

Devil Pikney
Lifetime Supporter
Lifetime Supporter

Wed Jul 17, 2019 1:42 am

Relly wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:23 pm
raycreative wrote:

I like Ole, I mean what United fan doesn't? But he is taking over the club when it is in a state of perpetual turmoil and I don't think he has the experience or authority to stand up to the owners or to stand up to the social media star players and turn this club around. He will be chewed up and spit out much like the two, far more experienced, far more qualified, far bigger personality managers before him.

I'd also suggest giving him the benefit of the doubt until such time as his performance proves otherwise. The very fact that he won't be approaching the job with the same type of attitude as his two predecessors may give him a bit of an advantage and other than the usual repetitive negative yapping, we have no real idea as to his ability to stand up to the owners, etc.

Maybe he won't work out but also just maybe a fresher approach from someone who understands the club will prove superior to someone like Mourinho who not only had no interest in understanding the club but who also considered himself to be bigger than the club and like the manager before him, blamed everyone but himself for his failure.

Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery;None but ourselves can free our minds.

"Eric Cantona is a great player, but he's not as good as Ryan Giggs" - Johan Cruyff

"Maybe one day people will say I was another Ryan Giggs" - George Best

raycreative
First Team Player
First Team Player

Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:03 am

Well Ole is already showing his experience,or rather lack of it and his ability to stand up to the owners
At the end of last season "almost everybody in this defence is going".By the time Ed was chasing shadows for a centre half Ole changed it to "i will give them one more season"
By yesterday and with possibly closing in on MacGuire Ole has changed again to "this defence will have to be prepared to fight or i will get rid of them"
The only thing you can say for sure in that 5 week change of mind x 3 is that it looks like he is taking his cue from Ed Woodward
Add to that "I don't know what is happening with Herrara",who had already gone plus "You'll have to ask Juan Mata what his plans are",suggesting at that time Ole had no clue what Ed Woodward was negotiating
I get the impression he has no idea what is happening with Pogba and Lukaku and/or any incoming transfers
All the signs are that this cannot work out but the good news is that whether YOU give him a chance or YOU give him the benefit of the doubt is irrelevant as ONLY Ed Woodward,the man incapable of making decisions for anything other than commercial reasons is the ONLY one to make the decisions
I fear a United legend is in real trouble

Return to “U-N-I-T-E-D”